Pyramids {BTS x reader}

By TaeTae_lyfe

She didn't need a crown, because she wasn't a queen.... She was a goddess. • • • • • • Book #2 in "The Blue... More

Chapter 1: Stories
Chapter 2: Scrolls
Chapter 3:Deals
Chapter 4: Enemies
Chapter 5: Soldiers
Chapter 6: Scholars
Chapter 7: Rooftops
Chapter 8: Terrors
Chapter 9: Captive
Chapter 10: Family
Chapter 11: Disease
Chapter 12: Sincerely
Chapter 13: Bodies
Chapter 14: Thrones
Chapter 15: Moments
Chapter 16: Poisons
Chapter 17: Secrets
Chapter 18: Memories
Chapter 19: Warm
Chapter 20: Snake Eyes
Chapter 21: Sight
Chapter 22: Masters
Chapter 24: Terrors II
Chapter 25: Guides
Chapter 26: Salvation
Chapter 27: Jewelry
Chapter 28: Pockets
Chapter 29: Safe
Chapter 30: Panic
Chapter 31: Close
Chapter 32: Miracles
Chapter 33: Change
Chapter 34: Promises
Chapter 35: Endings
Chapter 36: Beginnings
Conclusion
Dynasty
Character Q&A

Chapter 23: Blindfolds

26.6K 1.9K 1.3K
By TaeTae_lyfe

"A blindfold is not a barrier- it is a gateway to a different set of senses."

-Anonymous

Jungkook sighed heavily as he watched a disheveled Yoongi stomp across the hall angrily, his hazel eyes burning with a hidden fury.

The young servant was often called on at times like these. Times when everyone else was coincidentally "too busy" to take care of the young general's needs.

No one liked being around Yoongi when he was angry, that included the chestnut-haired boy before him.

"Another body." Yoongi mumbled to himself. "They never stop coming, it's one death after another. Anubis' worshipers are growing bolder by the day. "

Of course everyone in the palace had begun to hear rumors of what had happened that day in the throne room. Jungkook had even witnessed it. He could still smell the stench of rotting flesh as he remembered the gruesome display of death and decay.

It seemed as though everyone had begun to fall into a state of restlessness, constant displeasure and irritation filled the palace as the once secure place they knew slowly began to fall into a state of terror. No one was safe anymore and Jungkook knew that, which is why he tried not to judge Yoongi too harshly.

The raven-haired man had stayed up night after night, scouring the city, looking for any sign of Anubis' followers. He was sure that they were the ones behind all the death that plagued the city, and Jungkook was almost certain of it himself.

But night after night, they had managed to slip past Yoongi's fingers and that, of course, bothered him to absolutely no end. He had always got his man, whether is was a thief, a murderer or even an assassin. No one had ever outsmarted the young general....until now.

"I don't understand." Yoongi growled as Jungkook poured him another glass of the strong wine. "I did everything right. I was so close to capturing one of them, but then...the disappear without a trace."

The hazel-eyed man pinched the bridge of his nose, his eyes closing in frustration.

"I was sure I had them."

"Have you spoken to Y/n?"

Jungkook bit his tongue, scolding himself for speaking. He was not permitted to speak in the presence of someone above station, it was one of the many reasons he always got into so much trouble.

Yoongi's eyes snapped open, shooting over to the young servant.

"Y/n?" He inquired. "Why should I speak to Y/n about this?"

Jungkook's eyes widened, his head shaking.

"F-Forgive me. I should not have spoken without-"

Yoongi waved him off with his hand, his eyes still fixed onto him.

"Do not bore me with such tedious rules. I asked you a question."

Jungkook swallowed hard, his eyes darting around the room nervously as his licked his dry lips.

"She-She is a goddess, if Anubis is truly behind these murders then she may be able to lead you to him."

The general scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"That is a foolish idea." He stated bluntly. "I would not put her in harms way. Those people are heretics and murderers. They are probably eager to get their hands on someone as innocent and pure as she is."

Jungkook nodded slowly.

"I had not thought of it that way..."

Yoongi sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"I shall find another way to stop them." He said. "If I don't, I fear that the Nile will soon run red with blood."

______________________________________________________________________

You huffed out in annoyance as you were lead blindly through the hallways by Hoseok, his hand holding onto yours tightly as he pulled you to an unknown location.

The stargazer had pulled you away from our dinner, saying something about an "emergency" and that you needed to come with him right away. He then proceeded to blindfold you and whisk you away from your meal without giving you a chance to respond.

"Where are you taking me, Hoseok?" You asked for the fifth time.

He continued to pull you, a heavy sigh leaving his lips.

"I can't tell you."

You tilted your head.

"Why not?"

He suddenly stopped walking, you body crashing into his back without warning, causing you to stumble back and groan in annoyance.

"Hoseok, what-"

He silenced you with his words.

"Listen closely, Y/n." He started. "If anyone were to find out about this, both of us would be in dangerous amounts of trouble. Consider this a favor. Just wait here and leave the blind fold on, that way, technically, you won't be breaking any rules."

You furrowed your brows under the thick cloth.

"What are you talking about?"

Hoseok just smiled at you before planting a soft kiss to your hands, his body turning as he walked away from you.

You frowned in confusion, suddenly feeling a slight breeze pass over your body.

You could smell the crisp air and hear the sound of the Nile's water flowing steadily, almost soothing your obvious unease.

Why did Hoseok bring you here? What was so urgent that he couldn't wait until after you had finished eating? You loved food and if he hadn't said it was an emergency, you would have simply sat at the table and ignored his entire existence.

Nothing comes before food. Nothing.

You crossed your arms over your chest impatiently, your foot tapping against the polished floor of the palace.

A sudden sound of movement caught your attention, causing your heart to jump, your mind going back to the stories that Yoongi had told you earlier that day about people being killed mercilessly and dead people walking the city.

Usually, you were a very rational, level-headed person, but you have been derived of food and the stories Yoongi told surely didn't help you not to be scared as the noise slowly came closer to you.

"H-Hoseok?" You squeaked nervously.

No reply came, causing your heart to pound even more in anxiety and worry.

"If this is a joke, it isn't very funny." You stated.

No reply.

You took a nervous step back as the sound of robes ruffling came closer and closer to you, stopping right in front of you.

You could feel their hot breath fanning over your face, goosebumps beginning to form on your arms and legs.

You raised your hand, reaching for the blindfold, only to be stopped as a strong grip encompassed your wrist. You let out a gasp, trying to pull yourself away from your attacker.

"Y/n, calm down! It's me."

You stopped moving as a familiar voice filled your ears, your head tilting to the side.

"Jimin?"

You didn't see the priest nodding slowly, his chocolate eyes scanning your half-covered face.

"Yes. It's me."

You sighed in relief, all fear leaving your system.

"I thought you were one of Anubis' followers."

You heard him chuckle, his breath moving over your sin.

"Do not fear, young goddess. I would not allow harm to befall you."

You smiled.

"My hero."

The high priest smiled widely at you, his fingers intertwining with yours slowly as he watched a deep blush rise to your cheeks.

"I have missed you." He breathed out, his forehead resting against yours.

Your heart was now pounding for entirely different reasons from before. You were in shock from his sudden affection. The feeling of his face so close to yours and the sensation of his thumb brushing over your knuckles was enough to make your heart flutter.

"I-I missed you too." You said shyly.

Jimin hummed quietly, his eyes closing as he took a step closer to you, his scent wafting through your nose, comforting you.

"S-So, I'm assuming you're the reason I was dragged away from my dinner?"

Jimin laughed breathlessly.

"I do apologize. There was simply no other time I could meet you. The council have been watching me closely, trying to keep me from reaching you. It has been absolute torture but, since the rule is that you cannot see me, Hoseok managed to get you into a blindfold, so do not fret about breaking the rules."

You slowly nodded in understanding.

"Clever."

The high priest removed his forehead from yours, his brown eyes moving all over your face as he took drank in your beauty. The setting sun radiated a glow onto your skin, giving him a sense of euphoric bliss as he held your hands. You were so stunning, yet so simple.

It was as though you did not try, to him, you didn't have to. You needed no effort to be as flawless as you were in that moment.

"I knew it was you." He stated quietly. "I had never seen your face before...but I knew it was you in the throne room. The way you spoke, the way you carried yourself. I have never known a woman like you, Y/n. Ever. You are so unique and powerful. When you speak, the very Earth ceases to move in respect of your voice."

A deep blush rose to your cheeks.

"Th-Thank you."

You listened as a breathy chuckle escaped the man in front of you, his hand moving to brush a rebellious strand of your h/c hair out of your face.

"It seems as though the tables are turned on us."

You tilted your head in response.

"You are now the one who cannot see."

You released a laugh, finding humor in the situation.

"I guess you're right."

Jimin took another step closer to you, his eyes flashing down to your lips for a single moment, admiring them briefly.

"What if I were to become Pharaoh?" He whispered.

You frowned in confusion.

"P-Pharaoh?"

He nodded slowly, his gaze falling back onto your lips.

"I would have power and wealth beyond belief, I would keep my brother from causing any harm and...I would have possession of you."

Your breath caught in your throat at his words, your mind racing.

"I-I suppose that's true."

The high priest moved even closer, his body heat radiating onto your skin.

"You are to marry the king of Egypt." He stated. "If I became the king....you would rule by my side as queen."

You were in too much shock to give an intelligent response, your body freezing up at his words.

"I-I-I uhm..."

"I have spent my entire life in the dark." He breathed. "Now that I have been blessed with my sight, there are so many things I am able to see....but the only thing I truly want to see...is you...every morning when I wake, every evening when we dine and every night, when I have finished a long day. I want to watch you as you wake up, as you eat so happily as you always do, and as you fall asleep in my arms, knowing that I will shield you from any danger that may try to harm you."

You couldn't speak. All speech had left your body as you listened to his confession. What exactly were you supposed to say? It wasn't that you didn't have feelings for Jimin...but you couldn't help but feel guilty about the life you had left behind. Yoongi was the first man you had ever loved and you were sure that he was the only man that could make your heart beat like this...but now you weren't so sure.

Jimin moved closer to you, his hand slowly tangling itself in your hair.

"You once told me, that when we die, the stars tell our stories." He said. "Let me be a part of yours. After all, it is the most beautiful."

"H-How do you know that."

He leaned closer, his breath fanning across your lips.

"I asked the stars."

Those were the last words spoken before you felt his lips slowly press against yours.

A/N,

#Micdrop.

Stan a romantic. Stan Park Jimin.

-Max

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

453 112 43
Hi!! Back again with the second book.. I'm not going to give a description, so sorry.. I don't want to spoil anything.. BTS Hong's Yeosin
21.8K 1.5K 40
Book 1 Two prophets, one half breed, six vampires, and one human that has no idea of their world. No one truly knows what makes Song Jihae so special...
158K 13.6K 25
"Like if you love Jesus, ignore if you love the devil." 7.6.2016 Completed 11.28.2016 1st book in the Underworld series.
68.6K 2.7K 19
"Jungkook... Don't leave me...." "I need you..." The adventure continues in a wonderful Book 2!!!! {Book 3 and 4 NOW AVAILABLE}