I Am Trouble

By jessie4214

**SEQUEL** This time, it's not the story about Kaytlyn Flores. It's the story of Blair Cohen. The daughter of... More

1~ Fifteen
2~ Together
3~ Angry
4~ Maybe
5~ Spend
6~ Voices
8~ Out
9~ Sneak
10~ Hoodie
11~ Uncovered
12~ Holes
13~ Snowfall
14~ Own
15~ Backchannel
16~ Who
17~ Office
18~ Alone
19~ Shake
20~ Two
21~ Flippin'
22~ Ahead
23- Luck
24~ Tight
25~ Christmas
26~ Kidding
27~ Reality
28~ Semi
29~ If
30~ Random
31~ Say
32~ Kill
33~ Guidance
34~ Second
35~ Peaceful
36~ Echo
37~ Silence
38~ Appendix
39~ Eyes
40~ Brain
41~ Different
42~ Past
43~ Past 2
44~ Past 3
45~ Hold
46~ Stopping
47~ Family
48~ Enough
49~ Change

7~ Ten

1K 42 9
By jessie4214

"Blair?" Dylan's voice called into my room.

I hummed in response, being too lazy and tired to reply with actual words.

"It's six thirty, and I didn't hear your alarm go off." He told me, still standing in my door way.

"That's because it didn't. I trained myself to wake up at six thirty for school." I mumbled, but loud enough for him to hear.

"What? Really?" He questions, somewhat surprisingly.

"No." I stated while rolling off of my bed onto my feet.

"Whatever. See you at breakfast." Dylan says, closing my door behind him as he walked out.

I didn't bother replying. He was probably halfway down the stairs, anyways.

Why does school start so early? If it started at like, ten and ended at like, four, would be so much better! I'd be able to sleep in a little more, and go to sleep a little later.

Alright, kind of a lie. I'd be going to sleep at the same time, since I'm up late watching Netflix.

I walked to my bathroom and turned right, to my sliding, closet door. And I slid it open.

The night before a school day-I never pick my outfit. It really depends on how I'm feeling in the morning. But I do shower in the evening instead of in the morning. It just makes more sense-to me, at least.

I grabbed my red and white, striped crop top that I got when we went shopping for school and white jean shorts. (Below)

I then grabbed my white converse. (Below)

And, of course, undergarments.

Once I had my outfit on, I went over to my countertop. So I could do my hair and brush my teeth-and stuff.

Today, it's going to be hot out, humid. So I need my hair up and out of my face.

I could do a messy bun, a messy ponytail, French braid, Dutch braid...

Messy ponytail is kind of speaking to me.

"Morning." My dad greeted me as I walked into the dining room.

"Mornin'." I replied, setting my backpack down beside my chair before sitting down. My mother had placed a plate of bacon and eggs for everyone on the table.

I began to eat. Dylan was already eating, and so was my dad.

"Blair, what's gym like for you guys?" Dylan asked, kind of out of the blue.

I shrugged,

"Not much. Running around a track, suicides, dodgeball, stuff like that. Why?"

Dylan then shrugged,

"A guy in my class said that his sister broke her leg in gym class. Your grade, too."

"Oh." I replied, it's all I could really say.

"You guys excited for school?" My mother chirps, sitting down in her chair with a plate of pancakes.

She's always loved her pancakes, ever since she was a teenager.

"Yeah. We got Mr. Decker. He's the best gym teacher and really funny." Dylan replied, his mouth full of food.

That caused my dad to chuckle, slightly,

"Blair, what about you?"

I shrugged once again,

"Guess so."

They didn't ask any further questions, so, instead, we all kept eating.

"Bye, Dyl. See you after school." I waved to him. He turned around and waved to me.

"Bye, kid!" Lynne called to Myles. He also turned around and waved.

That's how every morning works. Me and Dylan leave our house around seven forty, and we walk to his middle school which is-like-a three minute walking distance. Lynne walks Myles, as well. So we meet there, then we head to the high school together. Landon will sometimes meet us, but his parents normally drive him and Nathaniel. Same as Mackenzie. Uncle Kyle or Aunt Maddie usually drive her.

"Cute bag, is it new?" Lynne said to me, as we continued walking down the sidewalk.

I nodded,

"Yeah. Yours is cute too."

My backpack was just casual, white with red roses. (Below)

And Lynne's was a plain, light blue colour. Really cute. (Below)

"Thanks." She replied.

Our large high school came into view, and that's when I spoke up,

"Did your parents ever explain why we have to stay away from anyone with the last name Coleman?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her shake her head,

"No. Which is pretty unfair. I asked them about it-all they did was get pissed."

I frowned in confusion, her parents never really get 'pissed',

"Oh."

We drifted into a comfortable silence as we walked through the parking lot. Getting closer to the stairs-which lead up to the school doors.

I saw lots of new faces, probably grade nines.

I remember being the new grade nine in this school. It was only last year. But now I'm grade ten.

Sounds kind of crazy to say that. I'm in grade ten. Soon enough it'll be grade eleven. Twelve...

We both thanked the secretary once they gave us our schedules, locker numbers and combinations. All on one piece of paper.

"What do you have?" Lynne asked me.

"Spanish, Math, English, lunch, World History, gym and Science. What about you?" I replied.

"Spanish, Math, World History, lunch, Science, gym and English." She stated, sounding a bit disappointed.

Damn. I wish we had more classes together.

We both shrugged, but at least our lockers are right beside each other.

Our school started this new thing in our grade nine year, that they have individual hallways for each grades' lockers. So the other grade tens have their lockers in the same hallway as me and Lynne.

We headed to the grade ten hallway.

Let's get this day started...

~~~

It's now last class. Science.

I didn't mind this class, it's not my least favourite.

The teacher had assigned us seats, and I sat at the back left table. Instead of individual desks, this class has tables for two people to sit at. So a lot of partner work, I guess.

"Mr. Alik. You sit at the back right corner beside Mr. Ford." Our teacher told some guy who had walked in.

Then, a familiar face walked in. It was Jamie.

Thank god. I know someone in this class.

"Mr. Coleman. You sit at the back left table with Miss. Cohen." Our teacher told him.

Wait. Coleman...

He clearly hesitated before walking over to our table and sat down.

What is so dangerous about him?

_______________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 9K 68
The Nerd. Natalie Watson. Straight A student,plain girl,quiet,reserved. She lives her life one day at a time,with a loving mother, a far away best fr...
316K 9.5K 35
A/N - There are many spelling and grammar mistakes - I apologise, also this was written when I was a teen so this story is so beyond reality. Thanks...
Running By Lilly

Teen Fiction

1.8K 75 37
There is always one question to answer. Fight or Flight? But Hadley Benson can't always run. **COMPLETED** **Sequel is OUT** #DeadEnd (15,030 words i...
236K 3.9K 33
one girl taken one girl left one was loved one was hated Hailey de Luca taken trained to be a deadly assassin tournamented with the fact that her fa...