Mermaids & Marauders: Young L...

By Luutje1994

Lily Evans had a best friend named Katie Holt. Katie has been named Harry Potters godmother. But before we co... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 02

1.2K 35 14
By Luutje1994

Dumbledore watched as Katie and her mom swam off shore. He and Katie's mother knew each other a long time, that is why Katie's mom trusted only him with his daughter. He took Katie in from the day she was born. A half breed mermaid could survive better on land. Especially a witch. 

So when Katie's mom described the situation to him and came to him as a friend in need he aimed to help in every way he could. He provided Katie with a safe home to grow up in. In the magical world where she could get used to both worlds so they had a house by the sea. So her mother could visit as often as she could. 

Tomorrow she would be finishing up her Hogwarts years and would have the chance to pick a career, or go to the sea and live out her further days with her mother as a mermaid. 

Dumbledore didn't knew what she would choose, but whatever she decided he would fully support her. He would miss her terrible if she would to choose to live in the sea. It will be a big year. 

The next morning when Katie got up she was excited to go back to Hogwarts, see her friends. See Severus Snape, even though she knew that he was more interested in Lily. He would never look the way towards her as he did towards Lily. 

Dumbledore took her to the platform. The Hogwarts Express was ready to go. Katie spotted Lily soon. She screamed from happiness to see her best friend again. 'Lily!', she yelled. 'Katie!', yelled Lily back and they hugged each other. 

'Miss Evans', Dumbledore greeted her. 'Hello headmaster, did you had a good summer?', Lily asked. 'Yes I had, I hope you had a good one too miss Evans?', Dumbledore asked. 'I did had a good one, only to bad we couldn't meet up', Lily said. 'I'm sorry we couldn't, but my mom came to visit me, I only get to see her during summer time', Katie stated. 'I know, but come on we need to find ourselves a seat and find James and Sirius', Lily said. 

Katie looked at her dad who smiled. 'Go, be with your friends', Dumbledore said. 'Thanks dad, I'll see you at Hogwarts', Katie said and she hugged him and waved at him while running away with Lily hoping to find James and Sirius. 

'Lily', James said with a big smile and he kissed her as soon as he saw her. 'James, please not too much in public', Lily said awkwardly. 'Oh come on, don't hold back, it's our final year, we should enjoy it', Katie said. 'Well that's the spirit, does this mean I deserve a second chance?', Sirius said. 'Never', Katie replied. Sirius pouted. 

'James, Sirius', a voice peeped behind them. It was Peter Pettigrew. A small boy. A bit fat for his age though. 

'Ah Peter, there you are, I thought after six years of going to Hogwarts you would be able to find the Hogwarts express a bit faster', James said irritated. 'It was busy', Peter said defending himself. 'It's always busy', Sirius commented. 

Remus joined last. 'Sorry I'm late guys, my dad her didn't knew how to drive in London so we were a bit late, everyone this is my dad Lyall Lupin and my mom Hope Lupin', Remus said introducing his parents. 

'Hello nice to meet you, I'm Katie Holt', Katie introduced herself. 'Sirius Black, I'm the one who usually gets Remus in trouble', Sirius said grinning. 'Or me, I must add I'm not innocent in all the things we do at school, I'm James Potter by the way', James said. 

Lyall and Hope nodded friendly and shook everyone's hand. They hugged Remus and left. 'Nice people', Katie said. 'Thanks, I'm just glad they still want me after the whole hairy issue that I have', Remus said. 'So, they are your parents, they should love you no matter what, they were idiots if they don't Remus', Katie said. 'Katie is right Remus', Lily said. 

'Let's find ourselves a seat before the best once are taken', Sirius said. They dragged their trunks with them to find themselves a seat. Suddenly they bumped into someone. 

It was a boy with silk black hair. Long nose, but handsome face. His bone structure was fine lined and his chest, there had to be muscles hidden there. 

'Ah if it isn't Snivillus', James said as he looked down at the boy. 'Can you be polite for once', Lily said but ignored Severus. 'It's not like he doesn't deserve the name', James said. 'You can be so childish sometimes James', Lily said but she nevertheless grabbed James his arm and let him away to find themselves a seat. 

Katie looked at Severus and then towards Lily. Something happened between them. Nothing good. 'You had a good holiday?', Katie asked trying to be friendly. 'Why don't you go to your friends, I'm sure they wait for you', Severus said coldly. 'What did I do to deserve this', Katie said surprised. She felt insulted by this comment. 

'Just go', Severus said. He watched her as she went back to her friends. She glanced at him once more. Angry, before she walked away. 

Severus knew that Katie didn't deserved the way he had spoken to her, but he couldn't stand James Potter. He and his comments, his friends who were the loyal followers. He who had brainwashed Lily Evans. His Lily. She was a part of that, Katie Holt. She was a part of the bullies club from the school and right now, he wouldn't want anything to do with that. 

They finally had find a place. 'Can you believe it, I am head girl this year', Lily said. 'I can believe it, I can't believe however, Remus you are headboy, you came in just as much trouble as these two', Katie said pointing at James and Sirius. 'I don't know what I have done to deserve this honor of being headboy of Gryffindor, maybe Dumbledore hopes that I can control my friends', Remus said. 

Sirius, James and I started laughing. Hard. 'My dad is not stupid', Katie said still laughing. 'Lily can you please tell me what happened between you and Severus?', Katie asked. Lily's laugh faded. 'Yeah what happened between you and Snivillus', James said. 'Don't call him that', Katie snapped. 

'Do you remember that stupid joke that James played on him last year, he almost drowned because of James his stupid ass spell', Lily said. 

'Yeah, so I remember you telling me something like that, but I wasn't there when it happened so, enlighten me', Katie said. 'While I was trying to save Severus from drowning and shouting towards James, Severus told me afterwards that he didn't needed my protection, he didn't needed help from a mudblood like me', Lily said. 

Katie's mouth formed an 'oh' statement. She looked understanding. Now she got why they didn't spoke. 

'I don't say that you can't be friends with him, just be careful around him Katie, I know mistakes happen, but this was one that I can't forgive, at least not yet', Lily said. 'I understand', Katie said. 

'Friends can make mistakes Lily', Peter said suddenly. Everyone looked around. Lily looked surprised. No one is used to Peter saying things that actually makes sense. 'Sometimes those mistakes can do a lot of harm, even more because he is a friend', Peter said. 'Well said Peter, well said', Sirius pleaded. 

They bought some candy to continue the long journey towards Hogwarts. Soon the castle was in sight. It's high towers and small windows and the lights in it made sure that the castle looked magical as always. 

'Guys, do you remember when we first walked into this castle. None of us knew much about the magical world, we didn't knew any spells yet, we were small 11 year old boys and girls, walking trough the big doorway to be sorted into a house. We got Gryffindor and made it to the last year, I can't help but think about the past', Sirius said. 

'We went trough a lot, but we stood by each other, we stayed friends no matter what happened', Katie said looking at Sirius. Sirius smiled. He knew Katie meant their past relationship as well. 

'You guys never saw me as anything but a friend, even though I am a werewolf', Remus whispered. 'Remus, we turned into animagussen, all of us, well except the girls, this is how you can be around friends even at your worse time', Sirius said. 

'Damn I feel old now', Katie said. They all laughed. 'I want to be a professional Quidditch player', James stated. 'I want to be an Auror I think', Sirius said. 'I want to teach at Hogwarts, like my dad', Katie said. 'I want to have kids', Lily said suddenly. We all looked at her. 'Lily, I...', James started. 'Not now silly, when we are ready, some day', Lily said laughing. 'When you have kids, I'm the kids godmother', Katie stated. 'If you have kids, I will be it's god mother', Lily stated back. 'Deal', they said grinning. 

They got out of the train and waited until the carriage came. The carriage who pulled itself. Their suitcases were left behind in the train, they appeared in their room later as always. 

Finally they were in the hall. 'Look, those are the first years, they are getting smaller and smaller by year, I swear', Sirius said. 'I am starving, I say skip the sorting part and let's eat', James said. 'No, it's the last time watching it, we should all take in as much as possible for our memories', Lily said. 

Suddenly Peeves flew over their heads and dropped a water balloon on Peter. 'Welcome back seventh years, little freaks all of you', Peeves said flying around. 'Woopie', he said throwing another water balloon on the floor. It got soaked and slippery. 

'Peeves, get down you stupid ghost', professor McGonagall said angry. She nearly fell down and grabbed Katie and Lily to manage to stay up her feet. 'Oops, sorry miss Holt, miss Evans', she apologized. 

'Peeves, I will talk to the headmaster about you leaving Hogwarts unless you come down now and leave the students alone', McGonagall said angry. Peeves threw one last water balloon that splashed onto a few first years that ran off screaming. 'Later professor', Peeves said and he flew away into the Great Hall. 

'It's Hogwarts', Katie stated. 'Yeah, Hogwarts', Lily sighted happy. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
2.5K 96 73
All Lily wants from her final year at Hogwarts is to be a good Head Girl, persuade McGonagall to let her stay in Transfiguration, and spend time with...
4.4K 154 19
Sixth year is beginning at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black, and James Potter. Lily Evans ha...
235K 8.5K 23
When Katie Axel enters her seventh year at Hogwarts with the Marauders, they're determined to make their last year a blast. Pranking is their number...