The Hollow (An Avengers FanFi...

By a_slice_of_toast

Pandora Logan is a fourteen-year-old genius assassin. She is considered a sociopath to most. When she is hire... More

The Infinity Series Lineup
Pilot
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Epilogue
Art
RIP Chadwick Boseman

Chapter Seven

1.8K 40 10
By a_slice_of_toast

Thump. I landed on my butt as the fiery-haired Avenger threw me to the ground.

"I hate this, " I groan as I rub my tailbone.

"Same here, " Natasha agrees as she helps me up, but then I get thrown back down onto the ground. Thump.  "But you should know I hate complaining." she pulls me up toward her face by my shirt collar.

She looked like a pissed tiger with that threatening gaze, while I probably looked like prey to her.

I then hear a thump near us. I looked over to see Bucky on the ground with Steve standing above him.

Nat rolls her eyes as I stare at the two super soldiers.

Their sweat stuck their shirts to their bodies. They seemed to glisten as the light hit them.

Nat pulled me up forcefully. "You're pretty good for your age, but you have one major flaw..." Natasha mentions.

"Oh?" I ask as I cross my arms.

"You never use your size to your advantage. Every time I pinned you, you always had the chance to knee me in the ribcage where it would hurt enough to force me to release you, " she explains.

"I do use it, but well... Let's just say I was distracted," I explained with a flustered face. I was just glad that Pietro wasn't training when we were. Natasha would have beaten me to the ground as if I were just a bug. 

Natasha peaked over at the two men out of their time continuously training. I blushed as I couldn't help but peak as well. As I get lost in their image again, Natasha takes me away from them. "Go shower then we'll see how good you really are at shooting," she instructs. I walk away from them as I wonder why Natasha was going back into the gym. Natasha was one of the harder ones to read which did make her more interesting than the others. 

I stand next to the door as I listen to their conversation. 

"How did she do?" Steve asks. 

"Pretty good for her size and age, but her age is probably her biggest problem. She has a hard time staying focused when there are men she finds attractive near, but it's not her fault; sociopath or not, she's still a teenager with all these confusing hormones," Nat explains to them. 

"That's going to be a problem if we're on a mission together," Steve states. "Is there any way we could get her to focus?"

"With a normal teenager, I'd know how, but she doesn't have feelings like a normal teenager," Nat explains, "I guess we'll just have to work on it with her." 

As I feel the conversation end, I begin running down the halls to my room. I open the door to my prison cell and rushed to my bathroom to shower. 

I shoot the target right in the head. Perfect, as always. "Coulson wasn't lying when he said you were a good shot. You could give Barton a run for his money," Nat compliments. "Okay, give me a disabling shot." 

Bang! I shot the dummy in the legs. "This is too easy," I mutter under my breath in boredom. 

"Good. Give me a shot that'd give them a slow death," Natasha instructs. 

"What's the point in that?" I ask. 

"It'll help if you want revenge," she explains. 

"The reason why I'm okay with what I do is that it's simple and it's quick, plus, what's the point in revenge?" I ask. 

She seemed taken back by my reply. Just because I was sociopathic didn't mean I didn't have morals. "Revenge doesn't solve anything. People often would have me assassinate people to get revenge on them, but let me tell you, they were never satisfied. They'd continuously have me assassinate people associated with the original person they wanted revenge on," I explained, "Revenge is pointless. It gets you sidetracked from what's important. I've seen people lose their jobs and money because of their obsession with unsatisfied revenge. Therefore, they'd end up begging me to kill the next people for free. I was always so, I guess as close as I can get to disappointed when they'd waste my time by calling me over to just whine to me." 

"And for a second I thought you had feelings, but it all goes back to wasting your time," Natasha jokes. 

I looked at her. I could kill her and try my best to run. I raise the gun toward her, a blank look resting on my face. "I could kill you right here," I say as I remove the safety. "I wonder what you'd look like with a bullet between your eyes..." She stares at me, ready to pounce. I drop the gun. "But I won't, not yet at least. What would be the point in killing probably one of the more interesting people in this whole god damn place? Though I still say Phil is probably the most interesting one, but Bucky is a close second." 

"Okay, from now on you call us by our last names," Nat instructs. 

"Why?" I ask. 

"You are a trainee, plus, you need to earn first name basis," she explains. 

"Okay, Romanoff." 

It was nightfall. The world outside was lit up by the light of the skyscrapers and cars. New York was never quiet; I guess that's why it's called the city that never sleeps. I was always surprised when kids thought they were cool because they'd sneak out and go hang out with their friends. It never seemed like a good idea to me, I mean, I could kill them and hide them easier at night, making sure they'd never be found. 

"Hey, F.R.I.D.A.Y.?" I question the air. 

"Yes, Ms. Logan?" the a.i. spoke back. 

"I want to go for a walk," I say. 

"I am afraid I am not allowed to let you out, Ms. Logan."

"I'll just be going for a walk around the building, I won't be leaving or anything," I explain, "I just need out of this cell." 

After my explanation, F.R.I.D.A.Y. let me out of my room. I look out into the empty halls. I was wearing just a t-shirt and shorts. There's a mirror only a little bit out into the hall. I examined my reflection. I really do look like a boy... But at least Pietro says I'm a princess.

I give a small smile as I think about Pietro. Wait, what would happen if Pietro found me attractive too? Actually, I hope he doesn't; he'd get in trouble for that.

Wait, what I'm I even thinking right now?! Goddamnit hormones! I walk away from the mirror as I begin reorganizing my mind. I just had to move around some files, nothing much, but thoughts of Pietro and Ward seemed to plague my mind. Before I could even realize, I was at the door to a balcony. It had a pool and fake grass on it. 

I open the door and go over to the safety bars and look out into the view. 

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I hear a voice from behind me. I turn around to see Bucky behind me. He was coming out of the pool and boy did he look well, good. "In fact, how did you even get out?" His voice was authoritative and threatening, like he was ready to throw me off of the balcony any minute. 

"Woah, cool it, Bu-- Barnes," I say as I put my hands by my head. "I just needed time away from my cell, I didn't know anyone was still up. I thought you guys had to leave on a mission early tomorrow morning." 

"How'd you know about that? You're not allowed to know about missions until they're already there," he asked. 

"It helps to be able to read people like they're books," I mention as I turn back toward the view. "Anyway, from that look of dread you give me, I'm guessing your dreading being the one to have to watch me because you're not going on the mission. Am I correct?" 

"Yeah, you're right. As you've said before, my mind is still scrambled. I can't be trusted to go on missions, but you're not the only thing I'm dreading." 

He comes and stands next to me. I look up at him as I blush at the memory of him and Steve duking it out this morning. 

"There's another person you dread more than me?" I ask. "I am frankly shocked," I say sarcastically. "So, who's coming to visit? I bet it's that guy Loki everyone was talking about when I was held in his cell!" 

"How could you possibly know that one?" he asked. 

"Eh, Thor's been excited about it all day until a little later. That's another reason why I knew there was going to be a mission," I explained. 

There was an awkward silence as I looked up at the blank dark sky. As my eyes began to droop, I turned around to face the pool. I felt the plastic grass under my feet as I ran to jump into the pool. 

I was surrounded by a cool liquid as I entered the water. I stayed under the water until I couldn't hold my breath anymore. 

I then felt myself being pulled up as I no longer felt the cool water around my body. I shivered at the sudden breeze swept by. "Go back to your room," he commanded as he put me down and handed me a towel. I felt the soft material under my fingers as I began drying myself. 

I walked back to my room until I ran into another person. I took a step back as I ran into their chest.

I looked up to be met with brown eyes. It was Tony.

"Hey, how'd you get out of your room?" He asked.

"I used reasoning," I answered as I tried to walk by him. He grabbed me by the back of the shirt. 

"Since you're up, I need you for something," he says as he begins to drag me to the elevator. 

"Why? I wanna go back to my room," I whine as he continues to drag me. I wasn't helping; he was physically dragging me by my shirt collar to the elevator. 

We enter the elevator as he drops my collar, making me fall to my butt. He presses the button for the lab as I just sit on the floor. "Why do you need me? What for exactly?" I ask. 

"You'll find out soon enough." 

I force him to drag me to the entrance to the lab. I dust off my backside as I stand up. He uses his code to be allowed in. I enter to see many Iron Man suits and other projects him and Bruce must have been working on. 

"You have a mission tomorrow, yet, you're still working. Now, that's someone I can relate to," I joke. I trail my hands along a few tables and desks as I take in the hard work. 

"Come here," he instructs as he beckons me with his hands. I walk toward him. "Stand here." I stand on a stand. Some metal hands come down and begin measuring me. 

"What is this for exactly? It's rare this would be for a mission since I can't go on any," I ask. 

Tony sighs, "Actually, it is, but one that we'll need you for later; after you've been debriefed properly."

"What exactly will this mission be?" I ask. 

"Thing is, I can't tell you that, mostly because they haven't told us because they know you'd be able to read us." 

The thought of me going on missions to help the world was a weird thing. I had always just done jobs to get paid and if I died, I didn't care. Nobody would. 

"I can tell you that they wanted me to make you a fancy dress that has easy accessibility to your guns and that in a few months I'll have to come out with me adopting you," he informs. I looked up at him in confusion. 

"You won't actually be adopting me, will you?" I ask. 

"Nah, Pepper and I aren't ready for that commitment."

"Good, cause neither am I. But anyway, by that information, that means we'll be going to some kind of big event and people can't be that shocked that I'm there..." I begin to mumble to myself. 

As the machine continues to measure me and Tony continues to design my dress, I feel my eyes droop. I feel my arm being lifted up by a warm hand. I look to see Tony examining my arm. "Odd, have you ever broken your arm before?" Tony asks. 

"Not to my knowledge, but maybe I deleted it," I answer. 

"Yeah, F.R.I.D.A.Y. is just saying there is some resonance of a broken bone, but it seems healed, so it doesn't matter," Tony says. Wonder what that was about. 

After a few more, what felt like hours, passed by, my body was shaking from exhaustion. I hadn't slept at all and not to mention the sun was beginning to pierce through the window. Tony and I yawned at the same time as I could see the dark bags under his eyes which probably mimicked mine. His hair was more scruffed up from him either running his hand through his hair or from him scratching his head. 

"Okay, breakfast time," Tony says as he helps my shaking body from the stand. 

"I think it's more like naptime," I yawn as he helps me to the elevator. 

We reach the lounge, usually switching who was going to be the support in our walking. I plopped down into one of the chairs at the table as Tony did the same. There was an empty plate in front of me with dishes of breakfast foods around the table, but then my empty plate was snatched away and replaced by one that already had food. 

"You will now have a diet that you will need to keep up in order to stay healthy. This will help so that you're no longer malnourished and you have to eat all of it," Natasha says. I grab my fork as I begin tiredly eating my scrambled eggs. 

I feel a hand scrunching up my already messy bed head. I looked up to see Pietro standing above me. Still in too much of a daze, it didn't bother me or my hormones. "You don't look like you slept well, Prinţesă," he chuckled. 

"We didn't sleep at all," Tony grumbles as he takes another bite of his baken. "I had to start on the designs of her dress for that unknown mission in a few months, so I had to have her be awake for most of it." 

"Stark, you know that along with the diet, she has to go to bed by a certain time," Nat groans as she rests her head in her hand. 

Then we felt the ground shake. "Mister Laufeyson has arrived," F.R.I.D.A.Y. informs. 

"Let him up," Tony instructs. 

"Wasn't Loki that really evil guy who tried to rule over the world a few years ago?" I asked. 

"Yes, but he's a good guy now and he's sorry for what he has done," Thor says as he puts his hand on my shoulder. 

"Wow, I was kind of hoping for a bad guy, so that we could devise a plan to take over the world together and then I betray him," I say sarcastically. They all turn toward me with worry about leaving me with Bucky and Loki alone. "God, learn to take a joke. What would be the benefit of ruling the world anyway?" 

"Brother! Good morning!" Thor calls out as he goes to greet his brother. 

"Hello, brother. I got your message, you'll be leaving soon?" he asked. 

"Yes, but I promise we'll try to get our mission done quickly," Thor promises. I stared at the two siblings. Both were drastically different in character and demeanor. Just by looking at Loki and Thor side-by-side, Loki is dressed in a nicely tailored suit while Thor is dressed more casually. 

Loki had raven black hair and violent green eyes. The smile of a trickster, the tongue of a poet, and the hands of a magician. 

Loki's eyes connect to mine. "Oh! Brother! This is our new recruit!" Thor exclaims as he leads his brother toward me. "Lady Logan, this is my brother Prince Loki, God of Mischief! Brother, this is Logan, master assassin." 

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Logan," Loki greets as he takes my hand to shake. I shake his hand as well. 

"Let's just hope you're interesting," I mumble as I go back to eating my breakfast. Loki turns to his brother confusedly. 

"Yes, she does that, but don't let it get to you. She doesn't exactly feel things the way we do," Thor explains. Loki nods in understanding. 

As Nat finishes her last bite of toast, F.R.I.D.A.Y. tells them that it is time to get ready before they leave. "Come on, Logan, come help us get ready," Nat instructs. 

I nod as I place my napkin back on the table. "I shall help too," Loki says. This is going to be interesting...

Okay, I know that Loki's eyes in movies are blue, but I like them green, so they going to be green! Anyway, Thank you all for reading. I love you all! 

Bye!

-Bethany

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 66 15
Thalia Stark or walker she goes by either was five years old when her mother died and she was forced to live with her father Tony stark who she barel...
521K 12.8K 29
[Book #1 of Stark's Assassin Daughter] This is no common Tony Stark's daughter book you've ever read. This is not about a genius daughter following h...
16.3K 234 38
The Avengers show up to Natasha's safe house but they encounter her daughter Y/N Romanoff. Y/N rescues and Rehabs animals. She is already dating some...
10K 448 11
The Avengers receive a new mission to bring in a supposed vigilante who kills anyone they've found to deserve it. *This story does not follow the act...