HAUNTED

By luciferlover1234

After a prank played out at a haunted house, Hyde Higgins searched for his younger brother for a year. He ne... More

Reunited
Altercations
The Cost
One Year Later
Nora
KINSHIP
SUPERNATURAL
NEAR DEATH
GIVE THANKS
The Lloyd Brothers
Welcome to Nora's Nightmare
Some Mistakes
MORE MISTAKES
Searching
CONFUSION
VALENTINE'S DAY
TWISTED
TRAVELING
HELP
RECOVERING
HOMEWORK
A DATE WITHOUT GHOSTS
TEAM EFFORT
MUTUAL FRIENDS
CHARMED PLAN
WILLEM
FIGHTING FOR WILLEM
LOOKING FOR ANSWERS
ANSWERS LEAD TO QUESTIONS
HOPE FOR THE FUTURE

SUMMER PLANS

13 3 0
By luciferlover1234

Nora had finished a final and had one more. Three days to the end of her sophomore year. Her phone rang. "Hey." She knew who it was.

"Hey. Studying hard?"

Nora smiled. "Trying but some guy is making it impossible. I did finish all but one exam and I think I did okay. I should be positive that I got an A but I'm not. I blame you." He had been calling almost every night for the past three weeks.

Soren laughed. "I take full responsibility. How are you?"

"Great. Better now. That is cheesy but true. How are you?"

"Better now and that is cheesy. Went on a hunt and found something that was harmless and we let it live. Just thought I would tell you." Soren was cleaning his shotgun.

"Oh, really? How did Ryker take that?" Nora was curious.

Soren sighed. "He isn't thrilled but he is willing to try, Nora. We aren't just crazy killers. We are trying to see your point of view but it's tough to change."

"I understand and thanks for trying. Tell Ryker thanks for me. Does he know about us?" Nora smiled at the us.

Soren smiled. "Yes. He is also not thrilled and thinks I lost my mind. He says hello."

"Oh, is he there?" Nora was shocked that Soren called while Ryker was in the room. So far, they were always alone.

"Yes. I told you that I gave up. Does Hyde know?" Soren was curious.

"Hell no! He already thinks I'm crazy and sleeps by my bed to keep me in my room. Who knows what he would do if he knew we were trying to date!" Nora laughed at the absurdity.

Soren chuckled. "Right. Dad wouldn't handle this very well. Maybe we should keep this from him."

Nora laughed. "I know. Well, Poppy just walked in and no, she doesn't know either. She is a huge fan, by the way and I wouldn't know where to begin. I would be in that insane asylum with you."

"Maybe we could be cell mates!" Soren joked. Oh, the thought of living with her and seeing her everyday was appealing. He had to slow down. "At the risk of Ryker rolling his eyes again, I miss you. Have you watched the series?"

Nora smiled. "No, I haven't watched the series but I will. I have to go buy it. I miss you too. All the time. It is beginning to annoy me."

"Yes. I find you annoying as well." Soren smiled. "I like it."

Nora shook her head. "Me too. Hey, Poppy." Nora said to Poppy, who came out of the bathroom. "Sorry, I should probably go but I don't want to."

"Right. You have an exam to fail tomorrow. You better get to studying. Good luck."

"Hey. You be careful." Nora warned. "I...Uh, I love you." She said it really fast.

Soren sighed. "Good. I love you too." He chuckled.

"Did he roll his eyes?" Nora could picture that.

"Oh, yeah. Of course. What are your plans for the summer?"

"I'm surprised that you don't already know." Nora smiled and Soren chuckled. "I have a map of some..uh, houses and I am doing some touring." She didn't want to say anything about haunted houses in front of Poppy. She would freak.

"Haunted houses. Sounds like fun for you." Soren smiled.

"Right. I'm excited. I may go visit mine also. Give the tourist a little extra surprise."

"We are hunting right now but I will call when I can. I'm not sure when I will be able to. It's tough since we don't have a normal work schedule." Soren hoped that Nora understood.

Ryker smiled at his little brother. He couldn't think of a better person for him. They were both weird.

"I know, Soren. Just call when you can. I'm going back to the Miller house also. I'm still trying to find answered for Hyde."

"We were still looking into that as well. There is something off about that whole thing." Soren noticed at the house.

"We know that too."

"Well, happy haunting." Soren promised.

Nora laughed. "I just nodded into the phone. Thanks for calling. Be careful. Happy hunting, Soren."

"Talk soon, Sweetheart." Soren said and he was gone.

Poppy sat down on Nora's desk. "Okay, who was that?"

Nora smiled at her phone. "Nothing. It's new and impossible and we aren't talking about it yet."

"Who is it? A guy on campus?" Poppy was curious. "Is it Hyde?" She kind of thought it was. Who was Soren? She didn't know of anyone with that name.

"No. He isn't in college. Uh, this is new and I'm not ready to talk about it. Is that okay?" Nora smiled. She wanted to tell Poppy everything but she couldn't. She didn't know how to start that conversation.

"Okay but I want to know about it soon!" Poppy smiled and went to her desk to study. She had two exams the next day.

She knew that Nora had secrets or she hoped that Nora had secrets. It was good to know that a guy was one. She would talk when she was ready.

"Thanks for being patient with me, Poppy. I will tell you as soon as we get this all figured out. It's very complicated."

"Is it the same guy that sent the flowers and the snow globe? S?" Poppy thought it was weird that someone sent Nora a globe with a haunted house in it. It wasn't Halloween. S for Soren?

"Yes. Same guy."

"Is he hot?" Poppy wanted details. "Did you sleep with him?"

Nora laughed. "Yes, he is hot and no, I haven't slept with him."

"I have to say I am disappointed!" She smiled and Nora just shook her head.

"I'm off to the library.

School was almost done for the summer. Nora got another delivery. This time it was a nice backpack. It had her name inscribed. There was a note inside.

This is for all your travels this summer. Stay out of trouble.

S.

Poppy was there for that delivery and smiled. "S?"

"Yes. He is thoughtful." Nora was in love.

"Huh. Right. It's weird that he would send you a bag."

"I am traveling over the summer. It's weird but thoughtful, Poppy. I don't know what I'm doing. We shouldn't be dating or seeing each other. We come from very different worlds." Nora was explaining without giving Poppy all of the information.

"Right. He thinks he is better than you. You deserve better, Nora." Poppy was defending her friend.

"Oh, Poppy. That's not it. I wish I could tell you everything but...I will but maybe after we get this figured out." Nora nodded.

She was still hoping that Ryker wasn't going to kill her. That was still a very real possibility. "What are you doing this summer?"

"Staying here and taking a couple summer classes. I think I can be out of here by May." Poppy was determined.

"School. Right. I don't know what I'm doing yet. I still don't even have a major!" Nora sighed.

"Really! You should have figured that out already Nora. We will be Juniors! No major? I figured you would have six by now. What do you do at the library?" Poppy was confused.

Nora sighed. "It's complicated, Poppy. Just complicated." She didn't want to talk about it. "I'm sorry. I am." She knew that Poppy didn't know her very well, if at all.

"It's okay. I broke up with Josh." Poppy said out of nowhere.

"Why? When?"

Poppy sighed. "Well, earlier today. We are done. It was just time. I don't do well with relationships, Nora. I was losing interest. I never want anything permanent. I love dating men, I don't want to marry one. I think he was trying to get serious. I really don't want that." She sat at her desk.

"Someday you will find one that will knock you on your ass, Poppy. You will." Nora smiled and grabbed her bag.

"I hope not. Shame on you, Nora!" Poppy smiled and opened her book.

Hyde was staying at school because he had his job and football practice. He wasn't that eager to go home. He missed his brother. He wanted to know what happened to Willem and he was sick of not getting answers.

"I will hunt for answers. Okay. I have two months. I will start at that house by your parents and go from there and don't worry. I will call everyday. Okay." Nora promised.

"I don't like that but okay. Keep yourself out of trouble. Okay. Stay away from the hunters. We don't need any more trouble." Hyde looked at Nora.

"I know. I haven't heard from them since...for a while and I have been trouble free for months. I think they are over me. Probably long forgotten. I'm sure." Nora was lying and didn't tell Hyde about the surprise visit or the bag.

She hadn't heard from Soren but she knew he was still around. She was hoping he was okay and stared at her phone all the time hoping he would call. No calls yet.

Thanks very much for reading and please don't forget to vote! ;)\

I hope everyone is okay and they are enjoying the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404 47 12
He smiled, and my heart started thumping wildly again. "Curiosity killed the cat, you know." He said, his voice soft as velvet. "But the cat also has...
118K 1.2K 100
Hi im nora hardy aka nate's little sister. my brother told me his friends were off limits..but is he in LA? no. so technically he's not here to tell...
7.3K 882 38
Oliver Brown holds the gift of seeing spirits. After losing his grandmother, he neglected the purpose of his ability, and soon after, lived a ghostle...
968 53 35
Jasmine Stone-the straight "A" student, the perfect one, and the social butterfly. She has the best life that anyone could wish for, right? But there...