Rebirth of an Unwanted Wife #...

By Bleu84

She has been reborn. She has died during childbirth and, as a soul, she drifted in the living world only to s... More

Prologue: Jia Huian
Chapter 1: Her sincere thoughts, his inner thoughts
Chapter 2: Why are you still here?
Chapter 3: His sincere heart
Chapter 5: Her heart
Chapter 6: The prince and the maid
Chapter 7: The prince is here
Chapter 8: I am serious
Chapter 9: Maid in distress
Chapter 10: Fourth Prince Rong is a snitch
Chapter 11: Emperor Rong and his 'grand scale' plan
Chapter 12: The shameless Fourth Prince
Chapter 13: Happy news
Chapter 14: The fire and oil
Chapter 15: The happiest man
Chapter 16: The marriage must happen
Chapter 17: Passionate duo
Chapter 18: Evil plan?
Chapter 19: The start of a plan
Chapter 20: Hai Chunhua
Chapter 21: Jia family
Chapter 22: Visit from the lovesick prince
Chapter 23: Growing love
Chapter 24: Her backup plan
Chapter 25: A changed man
Chapter 26: Matchmaking frenzy
Chapter 27: The plan
Chapter 28: Eunuch Ruan and his wife
Chapter 29: Words of advice
Chapter 30: Separation
Chapter 31: Worries

Chapter 4: I am back

26.4K 609 114
By Bleu84

As soon as the carriage arrives at the front gate of the Prime Minister's residence, Chunhua immediately jumps off to the ground and walk as fast as she could to the carriage's door.

"General... Elde... Furen... We have arrived."

Sounds of running footsteps can be heard before a cheerful voice can be heard saying, "Older brother! Older sister is here. Hua Hua is here as well! Hua Hua, did you bring any biscuits for this young master?"

Another voice then says, "Little brother..."

The door of the carriage then opened from the inside, General Hai Bojing is the first one to come out from the carriage before he holds onto Jia Huian's slim waist and put her down gently on the ground.

Jia Ying watches the newlywed as he smiles with approval. Seems like his younger half-sister is being pampered by the infamous General Hai Bojing.

"Bojing greets first brother-in-law and second brother-in-law."

General Hai Bojing bows towards Jia Ying to show his respect before he gently pats on the head of Jia Ping.

Jia Ying smiles back at the general and says, "Brother-in-law, it is nice meeting you. Please come in. Ping'er stops harassing Chunhua, she obviously has her hands full with goodies for you."

General Hai Bojing smiles as he looks at the adorable looking young boy who is holding onto Chunhua's sleeve as he smiles widely. His wife's siblings are indeed exceptionally good looking just like her.

He grasps onto her hand and says, "Huian, let us go to greet your parents."

"En..."

She smiles at him and follows his lead. When they arrive at the waiting hall, Prime Minister Jia Peizhi is sitting on the same bench next to his main wife, First Madam Qiao Mingxia while his concubine, Second Madam Ye Luli is sitting on a chair just next to the Prime Minister. Jia Ying immediately sits on a chair just next to his mother while Jia Ping immediately runs towards his mother so that he can sit on her lap.

Prime Minister Jia Peizhi

The newlywed stands in front of the whole family members with the General respectfully bow towards his in-laws while Jia Huian gracefully curtsy.

"Bojing greets father-in-law, mother-in-law, second mother-in-law, older brother-in-law and second brother-in-law."

"Huian greets father, mother, second mother, older brother and younger brother."

Prime Minister Jia Peizhi is obviously happy to see his only daughter but, obviously, not that too happy to see his new son-in-law. It is widely known that both men always clash with one another whenever both are attending the morning assembly. Thankfully, General Hai Bojing is mostly in the western region so the bickering between them is considered to be at bay whenever the younger man is not in the imperial city.

"Huian, you look quite glowing ever since you've become the General's wife. Seems like your father's worries are baseless."

First Madam Qiao Mingxia

Qiao Mingxia jokingly says as she pokes her husband's arm. Ye Luli smiles and further says, "Madam, lord husband is just missing the presence of his only daughter at our residence. To think that it was less than a month after we have celebrated Huian's birthday. And, now... She is married to the young general."

"Luli, you are right. It has been quite lonely when Huian and her maids are no longer here... Even Ping'er seems to be quite affected by this."

Jia Ying laughs and says, "Mother... Second mother... Ping'er is sad not because of Huian is no longer here... He is said because Chunhua and the other yatou¹ are not here to pamper him all day long."

Ye Luli laughs and says, "Young master is absolutely right. Those yatou are fawning over him ever since he was born."

Second Madam Ye Luli

General Hai Bojing smiles and says, "Bojing can see why... Second brother-in-law is indeed adorable."

Hearing what his son-in-law has just said made Prime Minister Jia Peizhi to smile proudly. Jia Huian sees this and smiles too. Years ago, she has heard how her father drunkenly boasted once that his greatest life achievements are having his sons and only daughter.

First Young Master Jia Ying

Eldest Miss Jia Huian

Second Young Master Jia Ping

Prime Minister Jia Peizhi then look at General Hai Bojing and says, "General Hai, even if we are never have the same views and always goes against each other, I do hope that you will not treat Huian unkindly. I will not tolerate that. Ever."

General Hai Bojing looks at the older man and says, "Father-in-law, Bojing will never let our differences to affect my relationship with Huian. In truth, Bojing has his doubts as well but upon seeing Huian... All that no longer matters. After all, His Majesty obviously wanted nothing but the best for both families."

Prime Minister Jia Peizhi mockingly smiles and says, "Indeed... His Majesty indeed wants nothing but the best for his subjects."

Realizing that both arch enemies have found a common ground of understanding between them, they laugh together.

Jia Ying smiles and winks at Jia Huian who smiles with a knowing gaze in her beautiful pair of eyes.

***

"Achoo!!!"

Emperor Rong Xiaoli takes a handkerchief from his eunuch to wipe his hands and mouth because he has spilt some of the tea he has been drinking. It is obviously still in the summer but why on earth he feels a sudden cold as if somebody is planning something sinister behind his back.

"Your Majesty... What is with the sneeze in the middle of the summertime? Don't tell me that someone is talking about you behind your back?"

Emperor Rong Xiaoli glares at Fourth Prince Rong Yingming who is laughing as he flirts with one of the imperial maids.

"The Fourth Prince is indeed quite a joker... Seems like you are quite free these days. Imperial mother keeps talking about you and keeps asking me to find you a wife ever since General Hai's marriage. Even that "rock" got himself a young wife. Why on earth a "friendly" prince like you is still without one? Not even a concubine in sight."

"Imperial brother must be joking right? No nobles nor royalties see me as an ideal son-in-law material due to my famous "friendliness". No worries... I am fine with this."

Emperor Rong Xiaoli sigh as he massages his forehead, "Yingming... Others thought that my biggest worry will be the constant fights on between your imperial sister-in-law and my concubines but they are wrong. My biggest worry is your refusal to be tied down by marriage. Your residence has no female in it except for a limited amount of maidservants and not even once they managed to climb on your bed despite your "reputation" with women."

Fourth Prince Rong Yingming laughs and says, "Imperial brother, my maidservants should remain as my maidservants only. If I simply bedded any of them, others will follow suit. Too much of a hassle for me. But, other's yatou is a completely different matter."

"You rogue... Wait... Other's yatou? What on earth are you talking about? Which residence are you referring to?"

Fourth Prince Rong Yingming continues to drink his tea in a calm manner. It is still not the right time, that little 'tiger' will run and hide if he is too rash in his approach. After all, his 'reputation' is definitely a huge problem right now. She seems to believe in it too.

¹ girl, servant girl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 304 9
A young lady got reborn into the world of Douluo dalu. How will she survive in that world and rewrite the fate of the Spirit Hall? Douluo dalu fanfic...
2.5K 113 9
Niamh and Rachel are a married couple in the year 3198 where there are many new ways of conceiving children, many couples go for the route of rebirth...
56.5K 4.2K 7
When Charlotte is betrayed and killed by the friend she sacrificed everything for, she thought it was the end. Instead, she found herself reborn as a...
315K 12.9K 28
Jasmine, an orphan trained since young to become the best hacker, died and was transmigrated into a novel she read. She took over the body of the her...