The Game of Temptation

By SomeoneLovesYou

Every girl has that guy in her life that she thinks she can't live without. Sometimes it's her best friend, s... More

The Game of Temptation ~2~
The Game of Temptation ~3~
The Game of Temptation ~4~
The Game of Temptation ~5~
The Game of Temptation ~6~
The Game of Temptation ~7~
The Game of Temptation ~8~
The Game of Temptation ~9~
The Game of Temptation ~10~
The Game of Temptation ~11~
The Game of Temptation ~12~
The Game of Temptation ~13~
The Game of Temptation ~14~
The Game of Temptation ~15~
The Game of Temptation ~16~
The Game of Temptation ~17~
The Game of Temptation ~18~
The Game of Temptation ~19~
The Game of Temptation ~20~
The Game of Temptation ~21~
The Game of Temptation ~22~
The Game of Temptation ~23~
The Game of Temptation ~24~
The Game of Temptation ~25~
The Game of Temptation ~Epilogue~
The Game of Temptation ~Questions And Answers~
The Game of Temptation ~Song List~
The Game of Temptation - The Rewrite

210K 1.3K 121
By SomeoneLovesYou

Hey Wattpad!

So, this was SUPPOSED to be up yesterday, but for some reason I couldn't get it up. It was annoying:/

OH WELL. Here it is, my newest story! I know I've been mentioning it for a while, and nothing's really been explained about it, but DON'T WORRY! It will be now! Also, I've had a lot more details on my Facebook page, so go check it out! The link is in the About Me section!:)

So... I hope you like it!

 PS: Look up "The Night Before (Life Goes On)" by Carrie Underwood. It's the "inspriation" for this entire book:) Well, this chapter xD The video would be on the side, but nothing will let me put it up:/

Enjoy!

UPDATE 12/02/2017: I deleted this story for a while from wattpad but have put it up since someone asked and I'm taking forever to figure out the edited version of the book so... enjoy again. Also remember this was written a few years ago. Sorry in advance.

Chapter One

 ~Isabelle~

 I met Alex Night in 3rd grade, and hated him for months. He would always trip me up, and call me names, so I did the same back.

 However, in 6th grade, something changed. We were both getting to the pre-teen age, and it was like my hormones switched on. Suddenly Alex was funny. The jokes he told stopped being rude and offensive, and turned into something that I'd spend hours laughing about. So we started talking rather than fighting, and in less than a couple of months we were best friends.

 In 8th grade we both got our first phones, and used to stay up until 5AM every day just texting and talking. It was like he had taken over my whole world, and I loved it.

 The summer before high school started, we went to a park and he kissed me. I knew he'd never kissed anyone before, neither had I, but in that kiss I felt something new, a need for something I didn't fully understand just yet, and I felt him against me. I should probably have freaked out, but I couldn't; I was too shocked from the best first kiss ever. So what if I didn't feel fireworks? People had told me they weren't real, and that as long as it felt right you were good. And hell yeah it felt good.

 Then high school started, and we were officially dating. All those people who had been just waiting for it to happen weren't even a little bit surprised. Everyone had told me that high school would be dramatic, that we'd have so many problems dating it wasn't even worth it, but we managed it. Sure we had our arguments, but we loved each other.

 We stopped trying to resist temptation in our junior year, and the bond created just secured the belief I had that we'd be together forever.

 Now, we were sitting on the roof above my room, his arms wrapped around my waist as I leant against him between his legs. On top of the loose shorts, I had a shirt of his on, the same one he'd worn the first time we were together. I'd never let go of it, and luckily for me he wasn't too keen on it anyway. The roof was our go-to place, easily reached by climbing onto the balcony outside of my room. I had no idea why there was a balcony, but I couldn't complain. It was kind of nice having somewhere to relax, especially in this Texas heat.

 "I hate this," I muttered, knowing I'd said that a million times in the past week.

 Alex's arms just tightened slightly. "I know. I do too."

 We'd graduated high school just two months ago, and we were getting ready to go to college. Alex was heading to Tarleton University, off to study Criminal Justice to become an agent. Preferably FBI, but he'd settle for police force until an opportunity came up.

 I, on the other hand, was heading in a different direction for Stephen F. Austin University, planning on studying social psychology to become a psychiatrist.

 I felt tears in my eyes again. Dammit, I wasn't ready for this. I hated goodbyes, but it was happening. I was leaving tomorrow, so was Alex. This was our last night together.

 A single tear fell, hitting his arm.

 "Come on," he whispered, backing away a little.

 I frowned. "Where are we going?" I asked.

 "A little drive. Call it our memory lane." He smiled, but I could see the pain in his eyes. He hated this as much as me, if not more.

 I nodded, unable to say no. I couldn't, not now.

 My parents loved Alex, he was impossible to hate, and they'd said that just for tonight, we had a come-and-go clearance. They knew how much we cared about each other, and even if they hated it they knew we'd done it. They also knew how hard this was for us, thank God.

 We hopped into Alex's truck, starting the drive past the high school and into the usually busy area of Dallas. I couldn't help wanting to cry at how different it seemed already. I hadn't even left yet, but somehow the city seemed less like home. I saw the high school where countless times we'd snuck out of class to make out in a bathroom or under the bleachers. There was an ice-cream shop that we had our first date at, and the movie theater we'd been banned from for life due to the fact that we'd spent the movie making out loudly. There was the house that was always unlocked and breaking down; we'd definitely made some memories in that place...

 Alex drove around eventually pulling into a parking lot. I recognized it immediately as the park we'd first kissed. He stopped the car, staring mindlessly at the dashboard that said the time was 2:34AM. We had mere hours before I left.

 Without warning, Alex hit the top of the steering wheel. "This isn't fair. I don't think I want to go to Tarleton anymore. Hell, I don't even think I like being an adult anymore."

 I just bit my lip. "I know. You have to though, Alex. You know you do." Again tears filled my eyes, making me almost laugh. I'd never been this emotional in my life. I was usually the girl who never cried, and now I was on my fourth or fifth set of tears.

 "I know." His voice broke slightly, and he leant over to me to kiss me, his lips telling me how desperate he was for this to not happen, for us to just skip college and live together.

 "Izzy..." He groaned as I moved to straddle him. I bit my lip at his name for me. Sure it was a common nickname for Isabelle, but the way he said it always made me want more.

 I bit his lip lightly, unable to resist smiling at his reaction.

 So maybe it wasn't the most sanitary place to do it, but it seemed only fitting that we should considering we kissed here first.

 It seemed like only minutes later, but I knew by the clock on the dashboard that it had been over an hour and a half, but the slightly lighter sky dawned.

 I sighed, tracing Alex's abs with my finger. "Why does this have to end?" I muttered, not even sure if he heard me.

 "I don't know," he said, simply, wrapping his arms around me. He groaned, and I looked up to see him glaring at the clock. "We should probably get dressed. You're leaving in about six hours and you still have some packing."

 I nodded. Of course I did. And my parents would probably want me to get a little nap in before I started the three and a half to four hour drive.

 I reluctantly slipped my clothes back on, fighting back yet another round of tears. "I'm so sick of crying," I said quietly to myself.

 "I know, Izzy. I know." Alex's hand was at my back, rubbing gently.

 I stayed quiet, loving the feeling of any physical contact he gave me. I was going to miss this. I wouldn't be able to call him at three in the morning and ask him to sneak over to comfort me after a nightmare. I was going to miss him sitting behind me at lunch, stealing my food then kissing me in a way that made me forget I even needed food to live.

 I barely even noticed the car moving, and before I knew it we were driving past more memories; the expensive restaurant we'd tried getting into wearing sweat pants and a hoodie, the telephone pole Alex had tried to climb our sophomore year on a bet, only to fall and break his wrist, the tennis courts we'd gone to so I could prove how anti-athletic I was.

 Another few minutes later we were back at my house, slipping through the front door and back into my room. Immediately Alex kissed me passionately and I let my arms slip around his neck to drag him closer, knowing what he wanted. Hell I wanted it to. The only problem was that he was always so controlled, and for just one night, our last one, I wanted him to lose it completely. Give in to every instinct he had and just rock my world. He usually did, but at the same time he always focused on things, rather than just letting go.

 Of course, he didn't take the hint. I still had to bite his shoulder lightly to keep quiet, but at the same time I needed more, needed something less mechanical.

 I must have fallen asleep, because soon I felt myself being shaken, and I groaned. "What time is it?" I mumbled sleepily.

 "8:30, babe. We need to get you packed up," Alex said softly, his amazing grey eyes looking into my brown ones. I stared a little longer at him, memorizing the way his dirty blond hair looked perfectly straight when he'd just washed it, the way his slightly tanned skin seemed to glow in a way I was always jealous of. The slightly tilt of his lips when he was forcing himself to smile.

 "Izzy?" He prompted, sadly.

 I nodded. "I know. I just..." I trailed off.

 "Hate this?"

 I nodded again, sitting up. My room had boxes that we'd spent the summer filling already. All the boxes contained the things I wouldn't need until I got there anyway making my room strangely empty. In my closet was only one outfit and pair of shoes; the ones I'd be wearing today. Then the comforter on my bed and the matching pillow case, as well as my make-up bag, toothbrush, and shower stuff would all be added before I left.

 "I'm going to take a shower," I muttered.

 "Your parents made breakfast for you. I'll let them know." He looked at me for a second, and then quickly pressed his lips to mine. "I love you."

 "I love you too." I smiled a little, as I always did at the words.

 Alex left my room, giving me some privacy to shower. My parents might have let last night happen, but I could guarantee they would not be OK with us showering together.

 I let myself go in the shower, letting the tears fall silently to merge with the dripping water. This was really it; I was really going away for college. I was really going to be four hours away from Alex.

 I didn't get out until the water turned cold. I needed some time, as much as I could get, before I had to face my family.

 I changed into some thigh length shorts and a tank top, and sighed. I'd let my dark brown hair air dry, and in this heat it wouldn't take long, I wasn't doing my make up until after I'd brushed my teeth, and since I had to eat first... It was time.

 "Hey, guys," I said, putting a smile on my face. I had to. My mom was already terrified about me going off on my own, and showing her how sad I felt about saying goodbye would probably officially convince her this was a bad idea.

 "Morning, how are you feeling?" My dad asked.

 "I'm... OK." I didn't lie completely. A part of me was really excited to go to college. I'd get to make some new friends. Most of my friends had already gone in their different directions, and I knew that I'd probably only hear from them during summer and maybe even Christmas. Maybe birthdays if we were lucky. However the promise to keep in touch had already faded and it had only been a couple of months since school ended.

 "Eat something. You'll need it. It's a long journey," my mom said, pushing a plate of pancakes my way.

 I smiled up at her. I was going to miss her cooking. But on the other hand, I was getting excited about living off of microwave meals and take-out.

 That was all I had to do. Whenever I thought of something I'd miss or I didn't like about this, remember a thing I was looking forward to.

 The rest of the time blurred by, and in about an hour, all the boxes had been loaded into the back of my black Chevy truck. It used to belong to my dad, but he wanted a new car so he passed it down to me. I didn't care though, I loved it. And right now it was definitely useful. There weren't a lot of boxes, but it somehow made me feel better.

 "So..." I trailed off, slamming the little door closed.

 My mom was tearful and hugged my almost desperately. "Call me whenever you can, and be safe, OK?"

 "Sure thing, mom." I hugged her back, willing myself to hold in the tears as long as I could.

 "You'll enjoy college. Just remember to call your mom or me sometimes. You know she'll worry otherwise," my dad said, also hugging me. I knew he actually meant he'd worry more than her, but since he wanted to seem like the tough guy he looked, I just nodded.

 "I will, dad."

 I pulled away to hug Alex. I knew things were going to change, how could they not?

 "Izzy..."

 I didn't give him time to say anything else. I just stepped over to kiss him softly, not caring that my parents were right there. I couldn't care, not right now.

 When we finally broke apart, both of us were a little out of breath. "Be safe and have fun. I love you," he said, letting his forehead lean against mine.

 "Same goes to you. I love you. And if you meet someone..." I broke off. It hurt, but it had to be said. I loved him enough that if he met someone new and wanted to, I'd let him go so he could be happy.

 "I don't think I will, but the same goes for you," he told me, looking hurt at the suggestion.

 I smiled a little at that. "I don't think I will either."

 He kissed me again, making it last as long as he could, and I let him happily. I had to pull away. Somehow I had to find the strength to get in my truck and start driving.

 "I love you," I muttered against his lips, and it seemed to be the right thing to say.

 "I love you too. Call me when you get there?" He asked.

 I nodded, stepping away. My parents were focused on the boxes, making sure they wouldn't slide too much.

 "Guys, I'm going to go," I said, pulling the keys out of my purse.

 "Alright, hun, just remember to be safe. We love you," my mom said.

 "I love you both too." I knew I'd put it off as long as I possibly could. I pushed myself into the truck, slammed the door and turned the engine on. As I reversed out of the driveway, I took a final look at the house I'd grown up in for eighteen years, and the three people who had shaped my life in ways that I couldn't begin to describe.

 As I glanced one more time in the rearview mirror before I turned out of the road, I saw Alex making a heart with his hands.

 The tears I'd spent a good few hours this morning threatened to break through again, but then he was gone.

 I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down.

 Goodbye Dallas, hello SFA.

~Ren~

 "Dammit, Caroline! How much crap do you need?" I yelled, carrying yet another one of my twin's boxes. Didn't she remember she had a roommate this year?

 "I'm a girl, dumbass!" She shouted back from her room, as though that made everything OK.

 Yeah freaking right.

 "And what the hell do you expect your roommate to do?" I asked, walking into the little area she'd be sharing. There was enough room for two beds, wardrobes, and nightstands, and then just a little walking around room. That was it.

 So how did my sister expect to fit all her seven boxes of just clothes? And what if her roommate had more boxes?

 "You'll sleep with her, she'll blame me, and I'll get my own room again," Caroline said.

 I raised my eyebrow. "So, you want me to help you ditch your roommate by sleeping with someone? How do I even know if she's hot? You're the one who met her when she came for registration."

 "She's cute, not hot." She rolled her eyes. "No, I don't want to ditch her, but since I know it's going to happen, I prepared myself." She gestured to the boxes. "Are you sure you got them all? I thought there were more."

 My mouth dropped open. "Are you freaking kidding me? Like this isn't enough?" And no way in hell was I carrying anything else. It was already 2:30PM. I was hungry, I hadn't eaten lunch, and I was getting pissed off.

 She shook her head. "Hell no, a girl can never have too many clothes."

 "Whatever. When's she-," I cut off as a girl stumbled into the room.

 "Caroline?"

 My sister looked up. "Italy!" She squealed, running to hug her.

 The girl laughed, stepping away from Caroline. I took the chance to look her over. She was definitely cute, but looked way too innocent for me. She had dark brown hair (like there was a girl who didn't have that), brown eyes, and a hot body. She didn't look ready to be in college. Maybe she was an early graduate or something. That would explain the innocence. Not that she'd have it for long.

 "I'm not Italian, Care." The girl laughed.

 I smiled, "What am I, invisible?" I asked, waiting for an introduction. I'd have to play it safe, make this girl think I was just as innocent as she was. Maybe even make her think I was searching for "the one" or something. Girls went for that shit all the time.

 The girl rolled her eyes. "This is the man-whore brother?" She asked Caroline.

 I narrowed my eyes at her, making her shrug. "Yep, Ren Michaels meet Isabelle York. I call her Italy."

 "Why?" I asked, partly distracted.

 "Because, dumbass, Isabelle sounds Italian."

 I turned back to Isabelle. If I couldn't play innocent, I'd just be me. Didn't a girl want a bad boy?

 "Right. Well hi there, nice to meet you. Want to be my roommate instead?" I asked, winking at her. Girls loved that for some reason.

 I didn't expect her reaction. She rolled her eyes, checking her watch. "Took you less than ten minutes. Why am I not surprised?"

 I didn't say anything, I couldn't. Did she just turn me down? I looked at her again, reminding myself that she probably hadn't ever done anything. "Don't want to? Don't worry, I'll start off slow. If I can stop myself."

 She snorted. "Please, I've probably done more things with my boyfriend than you'll ever do with a million girls."

 So she had a boyfriend? I glanced at Caroline, who shrugged. Guess she didn't know either.

 "Is that a challenge?" I smirked.

 Isabelle smiled. "No, it's a warning. Believe me, you got nothing on him." She turned away from me. "Care, I'm going to get my stuff. Want to help?"

 She nodded. "Sure, why not?"

 As they walked off, I couldn't help thinking, Isabelle York, by the end of the year, you'll be screaming my name.

  So there it is! The first chapter! What do you think?

Anyway, remember that just because I put in Ren's POV, it doesn't mean that's who she'll end up with. There's going to be a HELL of a lot of drama in this before you find out who she ends with;)

Anyway, hope you liked! And remember that The Player Who Took My Virginity is up for the Watty Awards, so PLEASE go and check it out if you haven't already?:)

LOVE<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.6K 2.8K 33
[COMPLETED] This is the story of Alexandra. Alex is a teenager who wants to live a happy, unbothered life and is afraid to get attached to anyone in...
330 55 19
In the bustling city of Brookshire, where dreams weave through the busy streets, a young and shy girl named Sarah found herself captivated by the eni...
10.7K 349 19
John is in his second year of college and he has a dorm with his best friend alexander hamilton! John has had feelings for alexander since they meet...
2.1M 61.2K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...