SOMETHING NEW // NaruHina

By oiwuzzup

A story of wonder; what would happen to Naruto and Hinata after the last and before Boruto. --- #10 narutothe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 4

3.3K 53 34
By oiwuzzup

-Welcome to the family-

"Okaeri, you two," Kakashi welcomed the only Sharingan user in the village along with the blond spiky haired lad as they entered the room together. "So, what's the sitch?"

"So far, Naruto and I got nothing," Sasuke told him.

Naruto sighed as he put his hands on his hips. "We searched the entire ground, dattebayo. Demo, we're on dead end,"

"Another end, huh," Kakashi furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm afraid they're going to attack the village soon. Would that be necessary for them to do that?"

"Konoha is too peaceful right now. People were complaining about it, yet they didn't even bother to help during the war," Sasuke explained with a cold heart made Naruto gave him an 'are you kidding me' face.

"They fought for us, dattebayo. Don't say that," he argued.

Rokudaime looked down to his book before thinking about it further more. It's unusual for this accident to happen, especially after the 4th Great Ninja War. There is no exact explanation on why they want to attack the village but Kakashi has a feeling that it's something about this peace that they've reached with their hard work.

"How many days are you going to stay, Sasuke?" Kakashi asked.

"Two days," he answered which made Naruto grinned.

"If that's so, why don't we eat ramen together, dattebayo! we can catch up with old Team 7, dattebayo!" Naruto exclaimed made Sasuke took a deep breath before glaring at his friend.

The Rokudaime chuckled at one of his student before look back to Sasuke with a serious face. "Then I might need your help with something. You're the only Rinnegan user here, it may come in handy,"

"Alright," with that, Sasuke turned around and walk to the exit. Literally leaving Naruto alone when they went on a mission together.

"Oi, Sasuke. Where are you going, dattebayo?" Naruto called but he keeps walking.

"I remembered I have something to do. Kakashi, let me know when you need me," with that, he left the room with Naruto blinking his eyes at his friend's strange attitude.

"Is he looking for someone, dattebayo?" Naruto asked his sensei as he turned back to Lord Rokudaime.

"Shiruka," Kakashi shrugged his shoulders before looked at him. "Aren't you looking for someone else too?"

Shiruka: who knows

"Hmm? Am I?" He thought for a second before he realized he has an empty schedule for today. Well, he just got back from a secret mission who was sent by the Rokudaime himself for a research. "I don't think I am, dattebayo,"

The older lad closed his eyes before furrowing his eyebrows. "This Otsutsuki is dangerous. We should stay on guard of any unfamiliar stuff,"

"Hai," Naruto nodded before smiling. "Am I dismiss, dattebayo?"

"Oh! Right. You're dismissed," Kakashi told him made Naruto chuckled.

"You should take a rest and enjoy life for once, Kakashi-sensei. What about we have Ramen tonight, dattebayo?" Naruto asked.

He chuckled before shaking his head. "I wish I could. But since Sasuke reported this, I don't think I can relax,"

"Sokka. Then, we should have Ramen soon, dattebayo," Naruto grinned made Kakashi smiled.

"I can count on you on that," Kakashi said and with that Naruto left the room. He suddenly chuckled when he was left alone and say, "they were just bunch of kids when I met them. They really are growing up, aren't they?"

As he was about to start his research about Otsutsuki, someone knocked on his door again made him sighed before let them know that they can enter the room. "Konnichiwa, Rokudaime-sama,"

"Come on, drop the 'sama' already," he frowned.

"Sumimasen, but you're invited for a Hyuuga traditional marriage ceremony tomorrow," the Hyuuga guard said as he gave him the invitation card. "Hiashi-sama hoped you would come and celebrate the tradition,"

"Is that so?" Kakashi read the letter before nodding. "I'll try to change my agenda. Thank you for inviting me,"

"Doutashimashite," he bowed before left the room.

Doutashimashite: you're welcome

The Rokudaime checked the letter again and reread whatever on it. The Hyuuga traditional marriage ceremony is very rare to be celebrated, he's surprised that this celebration is still exist in this era. Will Hinata celebrate her wedding this way? It's very old-fashion and very traditional, not many people were interested on this type of marriage. Moreover, this ceremony only come once in million years. Also, not many people knows about this.

"Will Naruto be invited?" Kakashi mumbled as he turned his chair around and look out to the window. "He is Hinata's boyfriend, after all,"

---

He walked down on that familiar road to his house as he put his hands in his pockets. The road was crowded like always but it never bothers him, it made him feel happy that the village is safe before Otsutsuki will plan on destroy his village. He clenched his fist in his pockets as he thought about those bastards. They came in the middle of nowhere, attacking Sasuke in order to destroy the village, now planning on taking away this peaceful era. Who they think they are?

If Toneri said he was the only Otsutsuki left in this world, then how on earth there are others outside hiding and waiting for the right time to assault. It's unforgivable. Naruto will finish them off for good that there's no hate or war once and for all. He will definitely save the village and proof to the next generations that they can grow up without thinking of risking their lives for unnecessary war. He lost so many people during war so he'll pay them back with the word 'peace'. Lately, people forgot what it really means.

When he arrived at his apartment, he start cleaning himself - took a nice warm shower before lay on the bed while looking at the ceiling. The mission was surprisingly odd for him. It doesn't feel like a mission anymore, it's more like a guard duty. He doesn't want to think that the Hokage ordered them to sacrifice them for the sake of the village. Even though Naruto would definitely do that, he thinks that it's unfair that Kakashi only sent Sasuke and him. No, he was overreacting. Why is he thinking like this? His mind is not in the right state of his mind.

Maybe a little nap would be good. He shift his position before closing his eyes, listening to the sound of the empty room. Water droplets from the sink, the clock's ticking on the cupboard, and his own soft breath. It's so calm that it scares him, because he's lonely. He hates this place. It's too quiet and too boring for him. He wanted to hear some laughter, chattering, even lame jokes. With his blank mind, he started to hear children laugh along with that familiar soft giggle. It's so familiar that he slowly opened his eyes and see her face. His mind now is filled with her pretty purple-ish eyes and that beautiful lilac hair. Her soft and fair skin made him wanted to have a nice contact with it.

He bolted up when he heard a soft knock from his door. He took his breath before exhaling because of how surprised he was. He was wearing one of his t-shirt along with his usual not-on-mission pants before walked to the door. It was almost dawn and he didn't expect anyone. Who could come to his house at this time?

He open his door and reveal Hinata with a soft smile. "Konnichiwa, Naruto-kun,"

Konnichiwa: hello, good afternoon, etc

"Hinata, what are you doing, dattebayo?" Naruto asked as he smiled at her before move aside and let Hinata enter his house. "It's rare for you to come and get me here, dattebayo. Gomen, I didn't expect you to come so my room's a mess,"

She giggled before looked around. "Daijoubu desu. I understand Naruto-kun just came back so I won't be long here,"

"But since you're here, why don't you stay until dinner, dattebayo?" Naruto suggest but Hinata rejected it and made him pout.

"Gomennasai, I still have to do something. I made a quick stop at Naruto-kun's house to deliver this," Hinata gave him an invitation card made him raised an eyebrow at it before reading it in his mind.

"Hyuuga dentou kekkon, dattebayo?" he looked up to see Hinata. "Kore ha nadesu ka, dattebayo?"

Hyuuga dentou kekkon: Hyuuga traditional marriage
Kore ha nandesu ka: what is this?

"It's mandatory for us, Hyuuga, to hail the couple for the traditional marriage. I have never celebrate it before but they said that it's a must to invite their family members to the ceremony," Hinata explained. "The celebration will be very traditional so I'm hoping you'll wear something less modern,"

Naruto raised an eyebrow at her. "Is Hanabi getting married, dattebayo? Isn't she still too young for that?"

"Iie, one of my clan member is getting married with the Hyuuga tradition. It was supposed to be long gone but they wanted to bring it back," Hinata explained before looked at him. "The ceremony is tomorrow. Can Naruto-kun make it?"

"Chotto, you said the family members must come to the wedding. Demo, I'm not a part of your family, dattebayo. Unless if I'm your husband then there's a chance I could come-," suddenly, his eyes widen before looked at his girlfriend with wide eyes who's smiling fondly at him. "Hinata, what are you up to, dattebayo? This is your clan ceremony! I'm not even a part of it, dattebayo,"

She giggled before smiling widely with her soft smile. "Otou-sama thinks you should come. He wanted to send the invitation with the guards but I insist I would deliver this to you myself. I know Naruto-kun will be confused if the guard send the invitation to you,"

"Your father?" Naruto blinked his eyes.

She nodded. "He thinks Naruto-kun is part of our family because we are dating,"

"Part of your family, dattebayo?" He was shocked to hear that. But mostly, he felt welcomed and he liked that. It feels nice. "So, I'm invited, dattebayo? Even though I'm not a Hyuuga, dattebayo?"

"Anata ga tadashii," she smiled at him. "Can Naruto-kun come to the ceremony?"

Anata ga tadashii: you are right

Naruto suddenly grab her shoulders before pull her to his arms as her body was pressed to his warm body. He wrapped his arms around her as he snuggle his face on her hair, gripping tightly on her - afraid of one wrong move would break them apart. This is surprisingly feels very nice for him, being welcome to another family. It feels like he is accepted by Hinata's father that he is worthy for Hinata and he liked that. He really do.

"Hinata, arigatou, dattebayo," he whispered.

"Naruto-kun?" She hug back but still unsure of what's going on.

"You welcomed me as your family. You have no idea how happy I am right now, dattebayo," Naruto told her made Hinata's eyes widen. "I love you, dattebayo,"

"Naruto-kun...," she smiled before finally understand and hug tighter. "I love you too,"

He pulled back right after before grinning, "I will definitely come, dattebayo!"

She giggled before smiling fondly at her boyfriend. "I'll be waiting,"

---

It was the next day when Naruto is wearing one of the Hyuuga's traditional kimono, but the sign on his back was based on his clan. He looked at himself in the mirror before thinking he is lucky to be invited to a Hyuuga traditional marriage ceremony. He doesn't know anything about this at all. Honestly, he doesn't know that there's a traditional and modern wedding ceremony. It sounds nice though, it makes him think that the future is going to come for him and he can't wait whatever its held for him.

As he looked at himself one more time, he agreed that it's time to come to the wedding. He said to himself, "Hiosh! let's go, dattebayo! I can't make Hinata wait for me,"

With that, he grab his Gama-chan to his hidden pocket - who knows if it's going to come in handy. He walked out from his house to the Hyuuga residence and was received some weird looks by people on the street. It's obvious though, he is wearing a very traditional kimono by the Hyuuga clan. She gave him that so he won't look different than the others. Honestly, Hinata doesn't know anything how to celebrate the ceremony but she knows that her father know this along with the previous generation.

He arrived at the Hyuuga residence and saw how crowded the reservation desk is, but mostly was filled by the Hyuugas themselves. He sighed before pulled out a gift card from Ichiraku Ramen for their wedding gift. He only had couple of hours to search for the wedding gift so this is the only gift he had in his mind. It was his though but he won't mind giving it for the new wedded couple.

"Ohayou," Naruto greeted when he reached the desk.

The girl who's in the reservation desk looked up to see him before smiling. "Ohayou gozaimasu. You must be Uzumaki Naruto,"

"Hai," he nodded.

She checked his name and say, "your name is under Hyuuga Hiashi, the leader of the Hyuuga clan,"

He chuckled nervously before was accepted by her to enter the wedding. He walked to the used-to-so-calm-field from the Hyuuga residence and now is completely changed. It looks so crowded and filled with people who's laughing and talking to everyone. His bright yellow hair is the only one who's different than others who mostly has brown hair or darker. They don't have as bright hair as him so he feels like a fish out of water.

"Naruto-kun," he heard her familiar soft angelic voice made Naruto smile to himself before turn around to see his girl.

His eyes widen when he saw how beautiful she is with the same kimono like the others but she looked more special than every girls he sees today. He gave her a warm smile before he greet, "ohayou, Hinata,"

She smiled at him before blushing. "I'm so happy Naruto-kun came. Demo, gomen, I don't think I can stay with you during the wedding start,"

"Huh? Nande, dattebayo?" Naruto pouted.

"Gomen, I'm the princess of the Hyuuga clan. Otou-sama said I'm supposed to be part of the wedding," Hinata apologized. Just when he thinks he can spend the day with her as her wedding date, but turns out she's very much busy like everyday.

"Even if you're not the part of the wedded couple's family?" Naruto asked again which made Hinata giggled.

"Daijoubu, Naruto-kun. After the wedding, we can share cakes together. I won't be able to be with Naruto-kun during the wedding starts," she told him and smiled.

"It's better than nothing, dattebayo," Naruto grinned before blushing at her. "Hinata, you look very beautiful today, dattebayo,"

Hinata blushed before smiling again. "Arigatou. Naruto-kun looks handsome as well,"

"This is nothing, dattebayo," he gestured down to his suit.

"Uzumaki Naruto," someone called him which made them turned to the other direction where they heard where the voice is coming from. Surprisingly, he saw Hyuuga Hiashi approaching both of them.

"Hiashi-sama," Naruto greeted him before giving him a smile. "So, this is a Hyuuga traditional marriage ceremony, dattebayo! I don't know people still want to celebrate their wedding this way, dattebayo,"

Hiashi closed his eyes as he listen to him. "That is true. But some of my people still like the traditional way, even if it's more complicated than the modern one,"

"Sokka...," Naruto chuckled. "If Hinata and I-,"

"Naruto-kun!" Hinata's eyes widen but he keeps on talking.

"-ever get married, we'd definitely make the ceremony as simple as possible, dattebayo," he proudly said, didn't see how red Hinata was. Hiashi also blinked his eyes couple of times at her, didn't expecting he would say things like that.

"Oh, Naruto-kun," Hinata mumbled before hiding her face to his arm while Naruto is still chuckling.

"I see...," Hiashi nodded before look at the empty land on the center of the field where the ceremony will held. "The traditional marriage will have to involve the head of clan and their children. So I will be there along with Hinata and Hanabi,"

"I understand, dattebayo," Naruto nodded. "It's an important ceremony. I won't ruin that because of my selfish wish, dattebayo,"

He raised an eyebrow at the whiskers lad. "Your selfish desire? what would that be, Uzumaki Naruto?"

Naruto looked at the leader of the Hyuuga clan with a serious looks because he started to notice that he always call him by his full name. "Etto... my selfish wish is to have Hinata for myself, dattebayo. We barely have a time together since we have so many missions to complete. Demo...,"

He turned to Hinata with his soft smile, with rosy cheeks. "When we're together, we always cherish the time we have, dattebayo,"

"Naruto-kun...," Hinata smiled before lay her head on his arm which made him smiled at her.

Hiashi watched them with his cold eyes before took a deep breath and realized that there is nothing else he could do. It isn't because he was the monster of the village long ago or the hero of Konohagakure now, it's because it is Uzumaki Naruto. The general Naruto himself is what made him hesitate to actually has his approval. But now he sees the fact right in front of his eyes, he knew that everything is solved. He made up his mind and if Naruto ever ask for it, he knows his answer right on that second.

"Hiashi-sama," Naruto called made him pulled back from his deep thoughts before looked at the blond haired lad in front of him. He smile, "I wanted to say... arigatou gozaimasu, dattebayo!"

"Arigatou? For what?" Hiashi looked surprised and more surprise when he bow at him. Even Hinata was also surprised at his sudden action.

"Hiashi-sama, you welcomed me to the party even though I'm not the part of the family, dattebayo. Dakara, I would like to say thank you very much for welcoming me. Not just for this Hyuuga traditional marriage ceremony, but also welcome me as your family, dattebayo," he said while bowing.

He touched his heart. He touched the leader of the Hyuuga clan's, the stubborn headed person, heart. He did it. Hiashi's mouth were slightly open, speechless at what he just said. The boy who grew up being along, just thanked him that he welcomed him as the part of his family. Hiashi never has a son but he has an older brother. Unfortunately, he died too early. Honestly, he doesn't know what Naruto is thinking but he really did touched his heart.

"You have become a splendid young man, Uzumaki Naruto," Hiashi said made him looked up to him. He smiled before looked down on him. "I hope your father, Yondaime-sama, and your mother can see that. I, as your father-in-law, am very proud to welcome you as my family,"

"Otou-sama...," Hinata's tears were formed as she looked at her father who's also smiling at him. She bit her lower lip before giving him a wide grateful smile at him. "Arigatou gozaimasu,"

"Father-in-law, dattebayo?" Naruto looked surprised before grinning. "Does that mean I can call you tou-chan, dattebayo?"

Tou-chan: dad

He looks surprised before laughing along with Naruto. "I'd appreciate that, Uzumaki Naruto,"

"Oh! And I have one more request, dattebayo," Naruto said.

"Nani?" He looked at him when he was half way to turn around.

"Onegai, call me by my name, dattebayo," Naruto said, looked very serious. "Call me, Naruto, dattebayo,"

Onegai: please

Hiashi smirked before looked up to him again. "I will consider it,"

The spiky blond haired lad smiled before look at his girl who's giving him a proud smile. All of this came out of nowhere, yet it sounded like he had planned this from the very beginning. But knowing Naruto all her life, she knows that this is spontaneous. Never once in his life that he'll plan something as beautiful as this, it's always come out of the blue. Like asking Hinata as his girlfriend is also familiar like this. They were just walking until Naruto asked her to be his girlfriend. No topics were related, he just asked her out of the blue.

"Sumimasen, Hiashi-sama. The wedding is going to start soon," says one of the guard who ran up to him.

"Wakatta," Hiashi nodded. "Can you take Naruto to my family zone, please?"

Wakatta: I understand

"Him? Uzumaki Naruto? demo, Hiashi-sama, he isn't-," his words were cut by him giving a hand up as a sign of enough talking.

"Wakarimasu," he bowed at him before looked at the tall with bright haired lad. "Let me take you to your seat, sir,"

Wakarimasu: I understand (formal)

Before he followed the guy, he turned to Hinata with his warm smile and say, "Hinata, ganbarou, dattebayo,"

Ganbarou: good luck

"Arigatou," Hinata smiled at him before saw her father is giving her a sign to follow him. "I will come to Naruto-kun as soon as possible,"

"I'll be waiting, dattebayo," Naruto smiled before watch his girlfriend ran to follow her father for the ceremony. Now that was something.

"Naruto-san?" the guard called and he gave him a guilty smile for not following before he obeyed him.

The guard took him to much less crowd and is separated from the others. There was a rope at the entrance that leads to the-so-called family zone or you could imagine it as the family table. The guard open the rope and let him get in to the zone. When he step on a different ground, he turned around and saw the guard close the entrance again and walk away. Does it have to be this way? How can the family of the wedded couple talk with the people? It's like a cage here. It isn't supposed to be like this, is it?

As he was looking at the zone, he realized that there is no one he knows. Most of the people are from the Hyuuga residence. He's literally the only foreign kid from outside the clan. He saw how formal the family are while talking, even the young generations are making sure that they're doing the exact same thing like what their parents do. This is not his place at all. He is not this kind of people. Sure, he can be formal some times but this is weird. They do that like it's an everyday thing. If this is how they talk with their family, how are they going to talk to their subordinates?

Suddenly, a firework went off that morning - announcing that the ceremony is starting. People who were talking while standing earlier started to search for an empty seat. Without Hinata's help, he literally have no idea what to do so he just do what people do. It's a traditional wedding so one wrong move would make a fatal fail, unlike the modern one. Every time he was about to take the empty seat, some kids would already sit it before him without them noticing that he was about to sit.

Naruto huffed before looked around him and realized that people are already sitting. He is the only guy who hadn't get any seat yet. He looked around again and finally saw an empty seat right on the front row. He grinned before quickly took a seat there. When he finally sit on the empty seat he saw earlier, people are murmuring about the seat he had taken. He couldn't hear them very well but decided to mute them off and enjoy the ceremony. Who knows if it could give him ideas for his own wedding.

"Naruto?" He turned to the other lad who called him and his eyes widen when he saw who was it.

"Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto smiled widely. "You came too? I'm surprised, dattebayo!"

"I should have said that. But I'm really surprised you came. Did Hinata invite you?" Kakashi asked as he took a seat next to him.

"Yeah, she said that Hiashi welcome me as his family, dattebayo," Naruto said made Kakashi nodded.

"Is that so? That's a relief then, isn't it?"  Kakashi chuckled, imagining Naruto would get beaten up when he asked Hiashi for his blessing some day.

Naruto smiled before look up to the bright blue sky. "It's more than that, sensei. I feel... I feel very happy that Hinata and her family welcome me, dattebayo,"

"You must be. It's hard to actually want them to accept someone as their family," Kakashi nod in agreement.

Naruto clenched his fist before smiling proudly to his achievement today and say, "I won't ruin this, dattebayo. I will protect my new family,"

Well, that's the Naruto he knows. He always sacrifice everything he have for anyone but he won't let anyone stood up for him. It's really dramatic, but he always said that it's unnecessary for them to do that. Naruto always live alone, even grow up without anyone. But he walked through that, he open people's eyes who has everything they needed and that they should be grateful. People would say that he's still a kid with that state of mind, but who's to blame? He grew up without a family. Not only that, he also have to learn about society all by himself.

If he still has a close minded mind, then you shouldn't judge. Naruto is still growing up with a dream. His dream isn't only to become a Hokage as he grows up every day. There are many dreams that he wanted to achieve, it hasn't just reach up to his mind. But one thing that Kakashi new that Naruto's new dream is probably making Hinata the happiest girl by him and only him. She has through a lot so making her happy is the only way he could do.

Soon enough, the traditional music starts playing. The traditional dancers and cultures were shown as a performance. It was oddly amazing, they must have planned this from a very long time. The moment they were waiting for has finally came. The new wedded couple walked together side by side. Then, he saw Hinata walking to them with a red rope and put them around their necks - looked like they couldn't walk away without being with each other. Hiashi come afterwards and do the spiritual ritual for them so their relationship as husband and wife will last long until death do them apart.

About two hours of the traditional ceremony, it finally ended and time to eat. Many congratulate the new wedded couple when they weren't busy and Naruto looked at them with a soft eyes because they look very happy together. The wife held her husband's arm as they talked with their friends and family. He hears so many laughters and chatters. Nobody has to know but this is very much what Naruto likes while being alone. The difference is, he's actually not alone now.

"Naruto-kun!" A soft voice called him made Naruto blushed at that familiar voice. He will never get over the fact that she called him like that. "I'm sorry for making Naruto-kun wait,"

"Shinpai nai, dattebayo," Naruto said. "Shall we eat the food now, dattebayo?"

Shinpai nai: no worries

She nodded before let him lead the way to the table full of various foods. They ate the food together until Naruto pick a piece of cake and went back tot his seat where Hinata is waiting. She looked at the cake rather surprised before she say, "I didn't see that cake earlier,"

Naruto grinned before give it a taste and hummed in pleasure. "Lucky me, dattebayo,"

As they were eating together in peace, some people started to recognize the hero in the village. Their eyes were surprised to see him in the family zone along with the famous Princess in the Hyuuga clan. They have big mouths about them, but little did they know, Naruto and Hinata didn't hear a thing. They were too happy, too enjoying the time they had together to care about what people said.

While sharing food together, he felt a soft ball hit his back. Luckily, he wasn't eating at that time but he was feeding his girlfriend. He manage to throw the cake away from her dress so it won't mess it. She must worked very hard to clean the dress so Naruto wouldn't ruin it. He turned around and was about to yell at whoever did that but realized they were just bunch of kids playing with that soft ball who hit Naruto's back earlier.

"Na-Naruto-senpai!?" the one kid in the front was surprised to see him, and Naruto assumed he was the kid who accidentally hit the ball to him. "Gomennanasai, Naruto-senpai! I-I- it was an accident! I- we were just playing!"

The other kid started to help the main boy who hit the ball to him. "That's right, senpai! Please, don't be mad! Just punish us if you'd like!"

Naruto's eyes widen after hearing that before soften and grab the small pink ball, fit on his huge hand before smiling at the kids. "What are you apologizing for, dattebayo? It's a game and you play this without me? You guys are so selfish, dattebayo. I'll show you what I got,"

"Yaay!" the kids roared in happiness before ran to an empty space and Naruto followed right behind them, leaving Hinata with a half cake he got earlier. She giggled before watching them from where she's sitting.

"Hiosh! Go low, dattebayo!" Naruto yelled as he threw the ball up on the air.

"I got it!" says one of the girl who tried to catch the ball but was defeated by another boy who ran faster than her. "Hey! I said I got it!"

"Heh. Loser!" he teased her before he was about to catch the ball.

"You almost got it, dattebayo!" Naruto cheered him and everything went on slow motion.

Right before his hands could reach the ball who's right in front of him, he stumbled upon a rock who no one didn't see. Naruto's eyes widen as he slowly watch him fell to the hard ground. He quickly ran to him but he was far too late. Naruto cursed, "Shit!"

And so it goes. Hinata's eyes widen as she saw her lover tried to reach him. "Naruto-kun!"

The kid's poor head hit the ground and Naruto was able to catch him before he hit again for the second time. He threw the ball away from him where it was supposed to be landed on the kid. Hinata stood up from her seat before running to him who's holding the kid. His friends and other people started to surround him, including Hinata who's worried about the kid.

"Daijoubu ka?" Naruto asked the poor boy softly who had a bruise on his forehead and his eyes were widen because of shock. He frowned before saw his palms and knees were bleeding. He frowned at his scars before apologizing, "sorry for my dumb question, dattebayo,"

Hinata frowned as she watch him look guilty. Suddenly, there is a parent who pushed through made her thrown away to the back of the crowds again. Naruto frowned again when he saw Hinata was being pushed away in the crowds. He sighed before looking down to the poor lad who's still shock at what happened. He really done it this time. There goes his trust in the family, ruin it on the very first day he got it.

"Oh no!" The poor lad's mother gasped before was about to grab her son away from him but Naruto pulled away.

"Tabeta," he told her which made the crowds gasped as well.

Tabeta: no

"What are you talking about!? that is my son! He is bleeding!" She argued.

Naruto looked back to the boy on his arms. "I'll heal him, dattebayo,"

The crowds were surprised to hear Naruto would heal the wounded boy, but he seems serious about it. Soon, Hiashi join the crowds but only watching him from the distance. What would the hero of Konohagakure do to the boy he hurt? Since he isn't the monster in the village anymore, he always try his best to use his jutsu in handy for his village. This would be a piece of cake but what scares him that this boy would hate him for what happened. Even though the chronology was very clear that it was an accident.

"Hey... you'll be alright, dattebayo," Naruto softly said when the boy finally process everything and started to feel the pain all over his body.

He looked up and saw the blond spiky haired lad looked down at him with a guilty expression. As the pain spread all over his fragile body, he started to sniffle but he was holding his cries back like it wasn't a big deal but Naruto isn't stupid. The contact between his head and the ground was really hard, he could've hit his head twice if Naruto didn't catch him right away.

"Hey," Naruto called the unknown name kid who's started to form tears in his eyes but still holding everything back. He chuckled before use his bijiu mode on his hand and heal his scars on his palms and knees. "You know, I realized that boys who didn't cry when they do something cool is a wimp, dattebayo,"

"A-a wimp?" His lips trembled, still holding it in the back of his head.

Naruto nodded as he still heal his scars. "If you didn't cry when this happened, then you have lied to yourself that this is hurt. Boys who cried shows more bravery and will become stronger, dattebayo. When you were born, you would probably cried yet you don't know that. Maybe your mother hasn't tell you yet but I'm sure you'll understand soon, dattebayo,"

The kid frowned before mumbled, "but it is so u-uncool to cry for bo-boys,"

"Huh? Who said that, dattebayo?" Naruto looked at him with a surprised look. "Even big boys cries, maybe the situation is much different than this, dattebayo,"

"Do Na-Naruto-senpai ever cry?" He asked and Naruto proudly nod his head.

"I do. It's manly, dattebayo. You can't push the pain away no matter how hard you tried, you will have to walk through. And you will cry in the middle of the road too, dattebayo," Naruto said as he finished heal the scar before looked to his forehead before finally heal it too. "Demo, crying will make you stronger. With crying, you will realized that this is just a bump on the road. And when you realized that, you will be stronger than before. You will learn what the past have done to you, dattebayo,"

And that's when a tear finally escape from the poor boy's eye made Naruto looked at him with a soft expression. Naruto grinned, "there ya go. Cry, dattebayo. You will be strong tomorrow, dattebayo!"

That's when he started crying, not because of the pain anymore, but because of happiness that someone changed him for who he is. He cried louder and louder every minutes. Naruto smiled at at him before grinning, people around then also looked very happy to see that. Hinata who stood beside her father had a warm smile on her face while watching her boyfriend healing the little kid who cried in his arms. Hiashi doesn't look so happy and nobody can read his mind for what happen, they can't tell if he's upset or anything. Somehow, the scene looks like someone is giving birth and it's heart warming.

When he finished, the kid stopped his cry before realizing the pain has faded. He looked at Naruto who's smiling down at him until he ran to his mother made Naruto surprised at how quick he is. The mother also surprised to see her son ran to him without any sign. They laughed at how adorable the kid is before Naruto looked at him again and ask, "what is your name, dattebayo?"

He sheepishly answer, "watashi wa Rakkii desu,"

Watashi wa Rakki desu: my name is Rakki

"Rakkii, huh," Naruto grinned at him. "I can see why, dattebayo,"

Rakki (ラッキー): Lucky

He smiled at the hero of the village before ask, "what made Naruto-senpai cry?"

Naruto's eyes widen at the question before thinking about it until he answer, "there are many things that can make me cry, dattebayo. When I thought I'm going to lose my friend forever, I cried. When my teacher died, I cried. When I finally met the love of my life, I cried too, dattebayo,"

"You cried when you met the love of your love? Isn't it supposed to be a happy ending?" Rakkii asked and Naruto chuckled.

"It is a happy moment, not a happy ending, dattebayo. Because I've just met her," Naruto turned his eyes to the pretty lilac haired lad at the back of the crowds but still can see her very well. "Crying doesn't have to be sad, dattebayo. It can be for happiness too,"

"Wakatta," he nodded before grinning. "Arigatou gozaimasu,"

Naruto grinned as he saw the boy smiled before look up to his mother and making a guilty expression. Naruto apologized to the mother, "Gomen, dattebayo. I shouldn't have done that,"

"Daijoubu, Naruto-san. You made him happy, that's what matters," the mother said before smiling. "Arigatou gozaimasu,"

With that, the crowd disappeared - leaving Naruto still kneeling on the ground until he saw Hiashi and Hinata approached him. He bit his lower lip before looked down but Hinata helped him stand up and giving him a smile made his heart warm. But his father is giving him the opposite expression. He looked rather colder than before.

"Gomen, dattebayo," Naruto said with a guilty looks. "I should've behave myself. This is a marriage ceremony, not a place for... goofing around, dattebayo,"

Hiashi didn't say anything but he felt his eyes is burning him, Naruto didn't have the guts to look at him in the eye so he just looked down as he apologized. Well, it is his fault though. He should've just gave the ball back and eat together with Hinata instead of ditching her and hurt someone's kid. That is so unprofessional and embarrassing. If he had a jutsu to turn back time, maybe this would never happen. But what was his lecture for, if a thing like this bothers him that much?

With a hard sigh, the leader of the Hyuuga clan turn around and left the two with no question ask. That was just made Naruto felt guiltier than he already is. As he spent the day in the Hyuuga residence, he helped Hinata to clean the ceremony - especially the kimono she let some people borrowed. Naruto himself was giving back the dress back to her as he took a seat on the same spot where he talked about restoring the clan. Soon, Hinata join him and they just watch the sky is setting. No words were shared, because there's no reason for him to talk anyway. He talks too much today.

He turned to Hinata with a guilty face before he apologize with his usual soft voice when it comes to her, "gomen na, Hinata,"

She bit her lower lip before smiling at him. "It's okay, Naruto-kun,"

That's why he hates it when Hinata doesn't go hard on him. He was out of the line yet she still treat him with the kindness he didn't deserve. What kind of a boyfriend he is for ruining someone's marriage? Well, he did said that crying is manly - maybe he should do that now since he let Hinata down. Today is supposed to be their special day yet Naruto did this terrible thing. He can't forgive himself, this is too much.

"Naruto-kun," Hinata called made him turned at her. She smiled before kissing his cheek. "I love you,"

Naruto blushed at the kiss before feeling even more guiltier. How can she just kiss his cheek out of nowhere when he ruined the day for the both of them? She is too sweet, he can't handle this cuteness. This is an overload kindness, he wanted her to stop but he also enjoy it very much. This is bad, he's taking the advantage of her kindness for his own pleasure and that's not nice at all. Yup, he is officially a terrible boyfriend of the year.

Naruto sighed before leaning his cheek on her head and mumbled a sad, "I love you too, dattebayo. And I'm sorry too, dattebayo,"

Hinata giggled before closing her eyes. He doesn't need to know that Hiashi was pleased about the early event he accidentally did. He always teasing her when he got the chance so she wants to do the exact thing he did to her. Just giving him a little time to feel guiltier than he already is, and maybe she tell him the truth later. The day isn't as bad as Naruto thought after all.

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.4K 1.5K 23
What if Hinata and Naruto has another daughter aside from Himawari. That has a tailed beast within her. In the beginning both Hinata and Naruto are...
41.8K 578 28
The 5th Great Ninja war had ended and Konoha now once again lives in an era of peace. Sarada had still planned on becoming Hokage and she was unmoved...
111K 3.7K 36
What will happen if the shy Princess of Hyuga and the cold Knight of Uchiha travel together? Will they be able to overcome differences? Will love blo...
23.7K 906 18
A sasuhina story. How they develop in the peace after the war. I don't own Naruto