A Rainy Summer

By moodizz

Selena James, a junior at the prestigious Julliard Institute, adores music more than anything in life, eager... More

A Rainy Summer
A Rainy Summer 2
A Rainy Summer 3
A Rainy Summer 4
A Rainy Summer 6
A Rainy Summer 7
A Rainy summer 8
A Rainy summer 9
A Rainy Summer 10
A Rainy summer 11
A Rainy Summer 12
A Rainy Summer 13
A Rainy summer 14
A Rainy Summer 15
A Rainy Summer 16
A Rainy Summer 17
A Rainy Summer 18
A Rainy Summer 19
A Rainy Summer 20
A Rainy Summer 21
A Rainy Summer 22
A Rainy Summer 23
A Rainy Summer 24
A Rainy Summer 25
A Rainy Summer 26
A Rainy Summer 27
A Rainy Summer 28
A Rainy Summer 29
A Rainy Summer 30
A Rainy Summer 31
A Rainy Summer 32
A Rainy Summer 33
A Rainy Summer 34
A Rainy Summer 35
A Rainy Summer 36
A Rainy Summer 37

A Rainy Summer 5

42.8K 369 82
By moodizz

~Chapter (5)~

Jordan's apartment was absolutely amazing, it was on the seventh floor of the building therefore it had the most outstanding view, you could see the whole city from up there, it was really beautiful.  

A two bed room flat, one bathroom with a kitchen open to the big living room. The living room was the best part of the apartment, the walls were all white colored except for one red colored wall, the furniture matched the single wide red wall. A comfy couch with white cushions along with two leather armchairs, a black rectangular table was placed right on the center about a meter far from the couch. A few art pieces were hung on the walls. the fifty inch LCD screen and the Play station 3 plugged into it was a flattering addition. I loved playing video games with Jordan more than anything, well maybe not more than music, but I could play Halo for ten hours straight and never get bored.  

"Do you like it?" Jordan asked interrupting my visual scan process. "A friend recommended this apartment and as soon as I saw this amazing view I rented it" he spoke walking towards the shiny glass window.  

"I love it. The view is incredible." I said after I turned towards him, and gave him a big smile.  

"It tends to be quite relaxing first thing in the morning and at night." He smiled looking outside the window.  

I nodded smiling. "Did you design it? It's really warm and welcoming but modern, and trendy at the same time."  

Jordan chuckled and shook his head. "Me? Design, no way what am I gay". He laughed.  

I rolled my eyes at him and sat on the couch.  

"The décor was Julia's job, she loves making art." Jordan explained.  

"Who is Julia?" I questioned. "A friend?" I suggested.  

"More like a best friend, I've known her since sophomore year she was a cute little freshman now, she's a junior she's beautiful, intelligent, funny and kind." Jordan said. I watched his face expressions when he was talking he sounded really happy and excited about his friend. I could sense that cared for her more than a friend he never describes girls in that way so it had to mean something when he did.  

"Just a bestfriend?" I raised an eyebrow at him and tilted my head a little.  

"Yes, an irreplaceable best friend." he nodded and let out a small sigh that wasn't meant for me to hear.  

"Jordan, you know you can tell me anything, right." I got up and walked up to him. I held his arm slowly.  

"Uh, I thought you had a good eye you used to notice everything."  

"Huh?" I gave him a confused look. What was he talking about?  

"look." Jordan placed his hands on my shoulder and slowly turned my body to the left I was faced with a gorgeous Yamaha piano. I couldn't believe my eyes, back in New York I didn't own a piano I used to spend most of my time playing at Julliard's stage room.  

"Crap!" I stared at the dazzling instrument with wide eyes, my jaw was dropped in shock.  

Jordan chuckled. "I'm glad you like it."  

"This is implausible, it's smashing wow." I yelled happily and ran to the piano quickly. I passed my hand all over its soft top.  

I was so delighted, music was everything to me, it was my family when my parents left me alone on my sweet sixteen my guitar was there to comfort me and when they weren't there to listen the piano listen music had always been my cure, my lovely sanctuary.  

Suddenly a thought came to my mind. Jordan was only a senior he didn't have a job not that I know of. How could he afford this?  

"Jordan, how did you buy this?" I asked frowning at him.  

Jordan smiled at me. "Don't worry about it."  

"How?" I repeated in a demanding tone. "Jordan."  

"Uh, I used some of my trust fund's money." he said and looked away.  

"Your trust fund, why did you do that?" I shrieked. "That money is for you."  

"Selena, I don't need that money besides it's dad's money." Jordan said and shrugged.  

I sighed and sat on the piano stool. I slowly lifted up the keys cover, and played a small tone which sounded so pure it was truly great piano.  

"I just wanted to make you happy." Jordan stated.  

I hugged him immediately. "I'm more than happy. Thank you." I kissed him on the cheek and smiled sitting back on the chair.  

"Beethoven's ninth, please." Jordan said and flashed me a grin.  

I chuckled. "Alright."  

I pressed my long fingers on the piano keys and instantly I was floating in my own world. Different kinds of emotions were running through me. I loved Beethoven, his symphonies were amazing, so powerful and strong.  

"You're fabulous, Selena." Jordan clapped his hands and hugged me again.  

"No, you are." I smiled and stifled a yawn.  

"You must be tired, you should go to sleep." He suggested.  

I nodded. "I am tired, but I still have a lot to tell you." I told him getting up and closing the keys cover. 

"We'll talk in the morning." Jordan said.  

"Sounds good." I smiled and yawned loudly.  

"Come on I'll show you your room." Jordan said and guided me to the room.  

I stepped into the room and straight away I threw myself on the comfortable king sized bed. I closed my eyes for a minute and enjoyed the feeling of the purple silk sheets under me it was extremely relaxing. I was exhausted I only wanted to go to sleep.  

"Do you want to change first?" Jordan asked chuckling.  

I shook my head and slipped into the covers. "Good night."  

"Sleep tight little sis." Jordan said, kissing my forehead and pulling the covers over me. He smiled and walked out of the room after switching the lights off.  

As I laid on the soft bed and started to loosen up. I recalled the many events of the day. The plane trip was very interesting it was the best ever. meeting Liam to be exact he was the sweetest, funniest, most caring guy I have ever met. He was different from any other guy it felt so right talking to him and the rush I experienced every time we touched was utterly magnificent it was the most remarkable seven hours of my live.

The next morning, I woke up by the smell of French toast. I inhaled the lovely smell. I was very hungry, but I had to get out of yesterday's clothes first so I opened my suitcase and grabbed a short sleeved blue plaid shirt and a white knee length skirt then I took a long refreshing shower and changed. l put on a white head band and let my hair fall down naturally after that I slipped into my blue ankle boots and headed to the kitchen.  

"Good morning." I said and sat on one of the kitchen stools.  

"Morning, you look great." Jordan smiled as he handed me a plate of French toast, beans and vegetable omelet. I dug in the food right away.  

"It's really good." I said mouthful. The toast and omelet were very delicious and I was starving.  

He chuckled and put another toast on my plate. "How come you are so hungry? Haven't you eaten anything on the plane?" he wondered raising an eyebrow at me.  

"I only ate a fruit salad, but it was really nice." I grinned at the sweet memory of The smiley face Liam did with the fruit salad.  

"You're grinning like an idiot, What's the deal?" Jordan said taking a sip from his coffee.  

"It's nothing, I just remembered something." I told him and took a bite from the toast. "Can I ask you something?"  

"Sure" he nodded.  

"Your best friend Julia, the one you told me about last night."  

"What about her?" he asked.  

"I know you like her." I pointed out.  

"Selena..."  

"You do I can see it, why didn't you tell her?"  

He sighed heavily. "It's complicated, Sel."  

"No it's not." I shook my head right away. Jordan was never a believer in love probably because of our parents but he had never been in a serious relationship before, the longest relationship he had was two weeks but it's different with this girl, he cares for her a lot.  

"Look. She is Ben's girlfriend, Ben is my best friend Selena." Jordan yelled sounding deeply hurt.  

"I'm sorry." I whispered and went by his side and hugged him tightly.  

"I know, it's wrong." He sighed again. "I tried every way possible to forget her or at least forget my feelings for her, but I failed miserably."  

"I'm sorry." I repeated as my tears fell quickly. My own brother was in one sided love situation, an unrequited love. he was hurt, heartbroken and I couldn't stand seeing him like that. I had to do something to help him.  

Jordan pulled away from the hug and headed towards the sink. he washed his face a couple of times and dried it.  

"Let's do something fun." I said putting my now empty plate in the sink.  

"I'm meeting up with some friends, they've been dying to meet you."  

"Great." I smiled and grabbed my purse after putting my phone inside it.  

The ride to the coffee shop where Jordan's friends were waiting wasn't very long, it took about twenty minutes long, we chatted and listened to music the whole time.  

Jordan's friends were really nice. Two girls and two guys, one of the girls was purely gorgeous, she had big brown eyes, her silky strawberry blond hair fell over her shoulders nicely, she had a perfect body honestly she looked like a model I guessed that girl was Julia.  

"Guys, this is Selena my awesome little sister." Jordan told them.  

They all turned to my direction and stared at me, they were all smiling at me. I felt a bit self conscious. I never liked being the center of attention. I know it's very silly since I'm a singer but it's who I am I could never change it.  

"This is Andy." he said and pointed to the brown haired guy who was wearing glasses. He looked smart and friendly.  

"Hello." Andy greeted and smiled.  

"That's Lauren." he nodded at the brunette's girl direction. "And those are our lovely couple, Ben and Julia." Jordan smiled at the beautiful girl and the dirty blond blue eyed guy. The guy was practically Alex Pettyfer look alike, they were a stunning couple.  

"I'm the bestfriend." Julia threw her hand up in the air and grinned. "Wow, you're gorgeous." She got up and hugged me, she was really forthcoming. All it took me to like her was a big smile, a hug and those sweet words that came out from her mouth.  

"I'm not, you're gorgeous, are you a model?" I asked.  

"Oh no, I'm just a plain artist." Julian chuckled.  

"Babe, you're not plain." Ben cut her off. "You're wonderful." Julia blushed and I could feel Jordan's body tense next to me.  

"I would love to see your art one day, I loved what you did with the apartment." I told her.  

"Thank you." she smiled and ran her hand through her hair.  

"Sit down." Ben gestured to the two chairs in front of them. I nodded and took my seat.  

"Jordan told us you are a singer." Andy started the conversation after placing his book on the table.  

"I'm still a student at Julliard." I said and played with my fingers nervously.  

"I heard you have quite a unique voice." Julia said and looked at Jordan who was being awfully quiet.  

"I don't know about that but I love music." I said and ran my hand through my hair and turned to Jordan who was looking outside the window.  

"Jordan, what's the matter?" Julia asked out of the sudden.  

He turned swiftly and smiled at her. "Nothing, we better get going."  

She frowned at him. "You've been in here for only ten minutes, why do you have to go so quickly?" she questioned.  

"Come on, Selena." Jordan stood up and extended his hand for me to take.  

I hesitated a little but I took it anyway.  

"Did we do something man?" Ben asked and Jordan shook his head.  

"Jordan." I could hear Julia's voice as we stepped out of the coffee shop. she was calling out.  

"Why did you do this?" I asked right after he started driving the car.  

"I know it was wrong but I couldn't face her after what I just admitted to you this morning, it was too hard." He sighed.  

"She's going to get hurt if you keep acting that way."  

"I know, I'll get myself together, I just need a few hours to clear my head."  

"Can you drop me at the park?" I asked. I loved taking long walks in the park and I wanted to give him some time alone by himself.  

"Thank you Selena." Jordan smiled slowly and pulled over near the park.  

"I'll see you later, take care." I hugged him and stepped out of the car.  

"You too." he replied and drove off.  

I walked slowly through the soft green grass and breathed in the fresh clean air. The park wasn't crowded. a few families sat there with their children playing happily, a couple of guys were riding their bicycle others were sitting on the benches, chatting, laughing and reading books. I found a great spot under one of the trees, I laid down on my back and closed my eyes so I can rest for awhile. I hated being tired all the time, it was one of the challenges I had to face every day. if only my life could have been less complicated.  

After awhile I decided to go buy a bottle of water. The nearest grocery store was two blocks away on my way there I saw a familiar person on the other side of the street, he was buying a news paper. I caught a glimpse of his fascinating blue eyes. Could it be him? Could fate have brought us together again.  

"Liam." I called out, but he seemed to have not heard me. "Liam."  

"Liam, it's me." I yelled running across the street and not paying any attention to the cars that almost ran over me. Sadly it was too late he was nowhere to be found, he disappeared completely. he probably didn't see me but for a second when that car honked. I saw him turn towards me maybe it was just my imagination. my phone started ringing. I pulled it out to see that it was a text from Jordan.  

 [Meet me at this place at 7, I need to talk to you, please come xx]  

I received another text providing the address. Jordan must have been feeling bad or else he would have called. I paid for the water and took a cab back to the loft.

Back in the apartment. A big white box was placed near my room's door. I opened the box quickly wondering what was inside it, it revealed a beautiful blue short strapless dress, it had crystals on the top and flowered lace fabric on the bottom, next to it was a gorgeous white heals attached to it was a card that read "wear me"  

I had no idea why would Jordan want me to wear that dress. The text said to meet him somewhere and that he needed to talk, it didn't make any sense.  

After a few minutes of thinking. I settled on wearing the dress, it was already after six. I took a quick shower and slipped into the dress and the heals after that I brushed my hair and grabbed my purse and headed out to the unknown address.  

I arrived twenty five minutes later at the address, my eyes landed on a lighted sign that read (Club 49) I was shocked. Why would my brother bring me to a nightclub if he wanted to talk I took a deep breath and entered the club.  

"Surprise."  

I stared in astonishment. The nightclub was filled with people, people I knew at first I didn't realize it but then it clicked. It was my birthday how could I forget.  

"Happy birthday, little sis." Jordan hugged me happily.  

"Oh my god, Jordan." I stared at him with wide eyes. "I can't believe you did this."  

He grinned widely."I knew you'd forget."  

"Thank you." I smiled and hugged him again.  

"Happy birthday Selena." Julia smiled friendly.  

"Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday beautiful Selena, happy birthday to you" They all sang together, smiling and jumping happily.  

"Thank you all, you're all amazing." I yelled to the cheering crowd.  

"Let's go sit" Jordan led me to the bar where we sat on high stools. The club was very stylish different colors lighted the room, pink, blue and red, music burst into the room loudly the dance floor was full of people dancing crazily the atmosphere was incredible and the food was the best feature, sushi.  

"I love Sushi." I announced as I shoved a big piece of delicious California rolls.  

Jordan chuckled and drank some cocktail.  

"Do you want a drink?" Ben asked.  

I shook my head. "I don't drink, I love Pepsi though."  

"Right away." the bartender said and slid the can towards me.  

I smiled at him and turned to Jordan who was drinking a lot of alcohol and staring at Julia and Ben on the dance floor.  

"Jordan, please don't do this." I held his hand in mine, he sighed. "I promise I will help you with this." I whispered.  

He put the glass down and smiled at me. "I'll be okay, let's go dance."  

"I don't know....."  

He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor, we danced to a couple of happy songs and a slow one I was extremely pleased everyone was great, I let my eyes wander through the room I couldn't believe my eyes. I stared at the guy I've missed so much, he was standing right there I needed to go see him and talk to him.  

"Jordan, I need to talk to someone, I'll be back." I ran to Liam as fast as I could. He was heading towards the exit my heart was racing and my breathing became heavy.  

"Liam." I yelled hard, he turned around immediately.  

"Liam I.." I panted breathless.  

"Hey easy, easy there." he steadied my body with his hands.  

"Hi." I smiled joyfully.  

"Happy birthday." he grinned and pulled out a box from behind his back.  

"What's this?" I crocked an eyebrow at him.  

"Open it when go back home." he instructed. "You look magnificent."  

I blushed and looked down. "Thanks."  

He chuckled. "Fancy a dance with me?"  

"Sure." I nodded.  

We walked slowly towards the dance floor, I noticed Jordan and his friends gazing at us curiously, I caught Liam checking a new message on his phone then he frowned.  

"I have to go." he blurted.  

"What?" I gasped.  

"I'm deeply sorry, I need to leave." he said and kissed my hand then he walked out quickly.  

All the joy and happiness he gave me were swept away. I was so sad and hurt, I held the blue wrapped box close to my chest, my tears fell down as I watched him leave.  

_______________________________________________________________________________  

Hey everyone!!!! I know it's been long, wow, I've been extremely busy this week, I missed you guys did you miss me??  

i hope you like this chapter it's long, tell me what you think  

okay so i want to know do you guys like Glee?? my favorite is Rachel i love Lea so much, i wish to sing like her one day :)  

Also who do you prefer Arthur or merli, i adore merlin :D  

love ya all~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 4.9K 29
Evelyn is finally convinced to go to a party by her best freind, Gabby, and her crush, Ryan. But after getting extremely drunk, Ryan and Evelyn have...
6.4K 127 13
"Hello there, gorgeous." "Hello, tosser." •*• James Sirius Potter was going on vacation with h...
12.2K 928 30
Two musicians, one school. Taylor wants to start fresh studying the thing she loves most and getting away from her damaged past. Music is what's kep...
27.7M 430K 56
As if life wasn't hard enough being bullied and treated like garbage all the time; my loathsome, insufferable seat mate just had to come with his "se...