I'm The White Wolf

By shruthii

"Everett" I called him when he paused in his tracks. I looked around and realized that we were right in the m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
EPILOGUE

Chapter 7

60.9K 2.4K 498
By shruthii

Hi,

Finally.... I am ready with chapter 7 which is dedicated to @Alexis471 :)

Pic on the side is of >>>>

*****

There is a saying in Tibetan,

'Tragedy should be utilized as

a source of strength.'

No matter what sort of

difficulties, how painful

experience is, if we lose our

hope, that's our real disaster.

-Dalai Lama XIV

EVERETT P.O.V

Racing through the trees, I ran as fast as I could in my wolf form, ignoring the wind rushing past my ears. I think I’ve been running for nearly an hour or so now. My wolf, even though was dying with thirst, refused to stop anywhere.

The only time I stopped was to crane my neck and howl loudly to connect with Templar’s wolf. Unfortunately, I didn’t earn any response from that howl either. But my head was pounding very badly. It started pounding the moment I shifted. However, I was trying my best to ignore it.

I continued running. I was still at least two hours away from Templar and it was upsetting me. I wondered where she is. What is she doing?

I missed Templar so much. My wolf slowed his pace and made a mewling sound. I was afraid thinking what was happening to her. How difficult it might be for her wolf? She has crossed nearly five packs on her feet, without anything to eat or drink. How exhausted she must be? I gulped and stopped running. Lowering my head, I closed my eyes and let a drop of tear escape.

Since I didn’t want to waste my time crying, I took a deep breath and composed myself. I inhaled deeply to find Templar’s scent, however it was gone. Shaking my head, I looked up and once again howled loudly.

The howl was filled in concern and my wolf was begging for her to respond. The pain in my head skyrocketed but I slowly raised my front paw and patted my own head softly. While doing so, I waited patiently for a whole minute and when there was no response, I took off.

Terence and January were repeatedly trying to contact but I had blocked them out because the pain in my head would increase the moment, I talked to them. This was one appalling headache.

I halted, when the vision in front of me started turning hazy. At first I thought I was crying, but then as I closed my eyes and opened them, I didn’t feel any tears rolling down. I lowered my pounding head which was now whirling.

Shifting back, I held my head in my hands hoping it would lessen the pain, but nothing worked. I was tired, exhausted and so was my wolf. As my mouth turned dry, I desperately wanted water.

Crouching on the ground, I gently placed an unsteady hand on my pounding temples. I knew I have to make myself strong but I didn’t have any energy for it. I was feeling as weak as a kitten.

It was then I realized that I was feeling Templar’s pain. She was not well. She needed my help.

That thought gave me enough stamina to shift back, however that was a mistake. I drifted in and out of awareness for few minutes before darkness welcomed me.

When I recovered consciousness, I was in a bed. More like a hospital bed. Except for the pain in my head, I was perfectly fine. My wolf.... he... he was terribly weak. He was whining and refusing to give me enough strength. Templar... It was all Templar's pain.

I could hear voices, people talking but I couldn’t exactly make out what they were saying. I closed my eyes to shut them out.

The second time I woke up, I could hear January talking, “Can’t believe she is an Alpha’s daughter?”

“Neither can I. Wonder why she left the pack? They treat her kindly” Terence said. Dimly, I grasped that they were talking about Genessa.

“And that too to become a rogue” January said in disbelief. A dry cough jolted through me and both heads spun round. “Everett” January called.

“Pass me the glass” was the last thing I heard Terence say before I slid out of awareness.

The next time I opened my eyes, I was still in the same bed, with a blanket wrapped around my waist. Sitting up, I realized, was more difficult than I expected because every bone of my body was in pain. As I jogged my memory of the last few hours, I realized that I had fever. As I stared out of the window, I became aware that it was morning because the sunrays brightened the room. The blue sky was cloudless.

Knowing that I had wasted few hours spending asleep, instead of searching for my Templar, I quickly rolled my legs off the edge of the bed and set them on the ground. I was dressed in a blue shorts and a white shirt. I wondered whose clothes I was wearing.

I looked around and sighed in relief when I found a glass of water. Gulping down the water, I stared at the vast room. My bag and cellphone was on a couch, lying in the room. I first went to the bathroom and frowned when I saw my reflection in the mirror. I looked like storm passed over me.

After freshening up, I quickly changed into my own jeans and a black shirt. I felt considerably better because this time there was no pounding in my head.

Picking up my cellphone, I checked the time and inhaled sharply when I noticed the date as well. As I tasted my blood in my mouth, I registered that I had bitten down painfully on my tongue to prevent a shocked exclamation. I honestly couldn’t believe that I have been out for three days. There is no fucking way I could be out for three days. My wolf was not that weak at all. Even though Templar wasn’t with us, he was strong. His strength came from his firm resolve to find his mate. And I knew he wouldn’t give up like this.

Something happened to Templar. Something terrible and he felt every pain of her. I suppose Templar was out for three days as well, which explains why I was passed out and sleeping in a fucking bed instead of finding her.

Muttering a string of curses, I placed my phone inside my pocket, picked my duffle bag and walked out of the room.

I had wasted more than enough time. Where is Templar? What happened to her?

“Hey” I heard a female voice calling me and I stopped on my tracks. My wolf made an appearance then and growled lowly. “Where do you think you are going?” I spun my head and glared at the female. She immediately took a step back and lowered her head. “Sorry Alpha” she mumbled before running away.

At that moment, I tried linking to Templar and furrowed my brows when I got no response. The bond between us was completely fine. I couldn’t feel anything unusual.

Nothing.

Instead of bringing a relief to me like I expected, it scared me and soon, I could hear my own heartbeat.

My wolf whimpered softly and shook his head. ‘We have wasted a lot of time. I want to find her’ he growled loudly and I couldn’t agree more. Taking a deep breath, I continued walking down the empty hallway.

It was a building and I was in a room in the first floor of the building. I suspected this to be a pack hospital but I didn’t know which pack it belonged. My guess was it belonged to DayDusk. As I walked downstairs, wolves around me kept staring at me and I glared at all of them.

When I reached the entrance, I was looking for my SUV. At that precise moment, I winced and stopped in my tracks. I felt like someone poked me with a knife. Straightening, I found my SUV parked in the corner. It was already three in the afternoon and I needed to resume searching for Templar without wasting any time.

Immediately, I opened my mind-link and connected with Terence, ‘Where are you?’

‘Everett?’ he asked unsurely.

No. I am his ghost’ I said sarcastically. ‘Where are you?’

‘Behind you’ he replied and I turned to see him already jogging towards me beside a pale looking January. I furrowed my brows as I saw her. Something wasn’t right! “What are you doing out here? You should be taking rest.”

“I’m fine. Did you find anything about Templar?” I asked and both lowered their lashes. I sucked in a breath and gnashed my teeth, in furious frustration. My wolf started walking back and forth in apprehension.

“Her scent is gone” January whispered weakly, tears clouding her eyes. “There was no trace of her after DayDusk. No one from ThunderSky spotted her” she sobbed and I swallowed audibly.

Templar.

Where is my mate?

“All the packs from the country are aware and are searching for her” Terence added.

“Where is she?” I heard myself whisper belatedly.

They shook their head to give me a negative response. “All packs have been informed and they all are searching for her.” January replied and the bag dropped from my hands as once again I felt an unusual pain in my lower abdominal region.

“Few fighters from the pack have already attacked Glen’s father’s house in Lockwood territory. They found nothing strange. The house was emp- Rett” Terence said in worry as I placed a hand on my stomach. My wolf was howling with pain and my heart hammered in my chest.

“Rett” Terence screamed and rushed towards me when I fell on my knees. My wolf started howling repeatedly as I started shivering and gasping for air. I placed my hands on the pavement and tried to breathe. My wolf continued howling and unlike other times, he didn’t beg me to shift either.

I screamed and hit the pavement repeatedly as the pain increased. It felt like someone was cutting my limb. Terence and others were screaming my name but I blocked them all out and was trying to breathe repeatedly.

Closing my eyes shut, I bit my tongue hard to make any form of sound escape from my body. However sometimes it was very difficult. Someone was rubbing my back repeatedly but it didn’t help at all.

I knew I was feeling Templar’s pain but I didn’t understand what was happening to her. Her wolf wasn’t even connecting to mine. Her wolf was just not there but I knew it was her pain, because apart from a tasteless tongue, I was feeling fine.

At one point of time, the pain skyrocketed and I screamed loudly while my wolf wailed. I was still struggling to breathe as I felt heart wrenching pain that I would not wish even on my enemy. The pain was so unbearable that my eyes flooded as I screamed.

My wolf craned his neck and gave a longest howl I have ever heard him giving to anyone. When there was no reaction for the call, my wolf collapsed on the ground, completely drained of energy.

As he fell, my body too submitted itself to the fatigue. I opened my eyes and looked to see a crowd of people around me trying to help me, but all efforts were vain.

The pain started subsiding after a minute as I blinked repeatedly, to hold back the tears from the cry. After sometime, I started breathing repeatedly but I lacked energy and was unable to get move a single muscle.

I have never felt this weak in my life and when I did for the first time, I did not like the feeling either. I liked being in control and when the situation wasn’t in my control, I felt utterly hopeless. I felt like a total failure as a mate, knowing that something bad was happening to Templar, yet I couldn’t help her.

Swamped with horrendous remorse, I let my eyelids droop so that sleep could welcome me.

“Rett” Templar giggled running ahead. “Come and catch me” she said with a bright smile that had my wolf yipping in joy. She motioned with her hands for me to come after her. I started walking while she ran ahead.

For a moment, I stopped and stared at her. Clad in a white dress, with ocean blue silk belt, Templar looked like a vision, with her long dark hair framing her delicate face and brown eyes shining with enthusiasm.

She was beautiful and I was happy that she was mine.

When she noticed that I wasn’t running after her, she too stopped in her tracks, placed her hands on her hips and narrowed her eyes.

“Why are you taking so long? Come soon” she urged and I smirked.

Just as I took a step towards her, a black figure appeared out of nowhere from behind Templar. I increased my speed but the distance between us seemed like worlds apart. The figure enveloped itself around Templar, blocking her beautiful self from me.

The figure, which was a silhouette, wrapped an arm and rested its palms on Templar’s stomach. Templar looked down to stare at her stomach and then as she glanced up at me, the figure pressed its palm hard against Templar’s stomach, very nearly crushing it.

“Templar” I shouted, waking up in a jolt.

There was a blur of movements and immediately Terence, January and Genessa were standing near the foot of my bed. My wolf started growling and barking until he apprehended there wasn’t any threats from them.

I was panting repeatedly and took the glass of water, Genessa offered me.

“Bad dream?” Terence probed and I nodded. What kind of dream was that? Who was trying to hurt Templar, again?

“How are you feeling?” January asked in a whisper.

“Better” I muttered handing back the empty glass. “How long was I out for?” I asked getting off the bed.

“Three hours. The doctor said it was your mate’s pain that you were feeling” Genessa replied. “Are you seriously alright?” she asked me and I nodded. I had wasted more than enough time. No matter what, I will not lose hope. I know Templar is still out there.

“Any news about Templar?” I asked them while I was wearing my watch.

“No. But Alpha Marco Thompson wants to talk to you” Terence replied and I frowned. “He wants to give you something that belonged to Templar” he said and I stiffened.

Terence and I, along with January and Genessa drove to Marco Thompson’s house. He was already near the gate along with his mate and sons, waiting for us. Both his sons were younger than Genessa. One looked around twenty and the other; I think was not more then fifteen.

“Welcome to the Pack, Everett Green” Marco said extending his hands to me and I bobbed my head.

“What did you want to give to me?” I asked directly.

“It’s a silver chain. Your mate was wearing it around her neck. When I fought against her, I accidently pulled it” he said and I growled lowly. Terence had already informed me that Marco had fought against Templar, unlike other wolves from his pack.

“Give it to me” I commanded.

“It’s in my office. Come inside” he said and I nodded. We all made our way inside, except Genessa. She leaned against the bonnet of the car and crossed her arms across her chest. “You too Gen” Marco told his daughter. I remember January talking with Terence about Genessa being Marco’s daughter.

“No Thanks. I would rather stay here, Alpha” she said and I frowned at the tone she used to address her father.

“Gen, sweetie” the Luna called her daughter, who shook her head. I wondered what the scene here was.

“I am sure you will not miss me, Luna” Genessa said plastering a fake smile and then climbed in and closed the door of the car with a loud thud.

“Hopeless” the elder son muttered glaring at his parents and holding the younger son's hand, he walked towards his sister.

Both Marco and his mate were staring at the car with a sad expression. However, their sons rushed towards the car and tapped the window. When Genessa saw her younger brothers, she smiled warmly and immediately let them get inside the car.

I cleared my throat and Marco turned to face me. “The chain” I reminded.

At nine that night, we were still in the DayDusk pack territory. I was sitting in the passenger seat of my SUV, with Terence driving. In the back seat, January was sitting and sleeping, while Genessa was reading a very thick book. We were going to the ThunderSky pack now, to talk to the Alpha. My gut instinct told me that something happened to Templar after she reached ThunderSky.

I pulled out the pouch from my pocket, where Templar’s chain was kept. While Marco was fighting against Templar, his claws grazed the chain, cutting it off. I stared at it and winced again, when I saw dry blood in the locket.

I was cent percent confident that the blood wasn’t Templar’s because when I inhaled, my wolf didn’t react at all. He couldn’t recognize it.

The pain my wolf felt, it was Templar’s. Someone hurt her and when I find that person, he would surely regret setting eyes on Templar.

I wanted to grill Arthur Jones, Alpha of ThunderSky. How is it possible that his pack wolves had not yet found Templar? Are there any rogues on the way?

“Genessa” I called her name with a growl that was loud enough to wake January.

“Yes”

“Are there any rogues living in between these pack territories?”

“Yes. I know few groups. Why?”

“There are totally how many groups?” I asked ignoring her question.

“I know four”

“With their address?”

“With their address” she confirmed.

“Give me the address of the closest one from here” I told her. She hesitated but did as asked and Terence whirled the car to right instead of heading straight for ThunderSky.

“How do you know these rogues?” Terence asked curiously.

“To survive five years as a rogue, I had to make some friends who I knew would help me” she said and I frowned. Five years? She must have left the pack in her teens because she was close to my age.

“Why did you-”

“Leave the pack?” she continued January’s question. Taking a deep breath, Genessa answered, “I don’t know when and how it happened, but to my parents, I turned from being an apple of their eye to burden. My dad, the Alpha, wanted a male heir to take over the title after him” she said and I frowned.

“That’s sexist” January commented.

“I know”

“Did he ask you to leave the pack?” I probed.

“No. He never told me in the face that he didn’t want me to continue, but there were hints”

“Like?” January grilled.

“Like other than “you wouldn’t be able to handle such a huge responsibility”, there was also, refusal to pass me the title at sixteen, since I am too young. Then telling me to wait till I turn eighteen and at eighteen, telling me to wait till I turn twenty-one. By then even my brother, Kevin, turned sixteen and I was sure dad would have given it to him instead of me”

“But he hasn’t” I pointed out. The younger brother, Kevin, she just mentioned wasn’t the Alpha of DayDusk.

“I left so that I could stop being a nuisance and he could take the title, but Kevin isn’t ready to take it” she muttered after few minutes of silence.

“Because of you?”

“Yes. He doesn’t want the title.” She sighed.

“I think he should take it because your dad clearly isn’t doing a good job” I mumbled.

She smiled softly before muttering Thanks. “Kevin is giving the Alpha the same silly reasons he gave me. But even I think he should take the title now, because I will never join that pack again” she breathed out furiously. There was complete silence of few minutes before Genessa started talking again, “I envy Templar” she said and I hitched my brows. “She was the Alpha of WaterWave pack for five years, accepted and loved by her pack members” she mumbled in a whisper.

“Well, not all the pack is cool like ours” January said smartly and Genessa chuckled. I shook my head and stared out of the window.

“This is the place?” I asked staring at the old apartment, where a group of rogues were staying. This apartment needed serious repair, very soon. The walls looked like they could collapse any moment. It isn’t suitable for human habitation. “Which floor?” I asked clenching my fists.

“Fifth. The entire floor” Genessa muttered and I took off without another word.

Since there were humans in the apartment, I couldn’t actually use my werewolf speed. However as I reached the fifth floor, I kicked the nearest door so hard that it fell from its hinges. I frowned when I noticed the empty room. I kicked the next and that too was empty.

The other three rooms were the same. When I inhaled too their scents weren’t there.

“They are not here” I growled in frustration.

“Poios eísai esý?” a middle aged man, with cigarette in between his lips asked me. I frowned at the human, who was curiously staring at me.

“Eímai fílos tou Ash” Genessa replied, “Do you know where he is?”

“He gone with his filos” the man replied.

“When?” I demanded.

“Last week. He pack all bag and gone”

“Where?” Genessa asked and the man shrugged.

“Some fucker must have paid him a huge amount to attack Templar” January came to the same conclusion as me. “I am sure Ash is dead” she said and turned to leave with Terence.

“Nekrós” the man gasped.

“Give us the next address” I muttered as we went downstairs.

The second was a better place than the first one. They were living in the outskirts, of ThunderSky, among the humans. One rogue was an owner of a very famous bar in the town. There were around fifteen rogues working for him.

“You cannot actually call these wolves rogues” Genessa said from beside me. “They don’t invade pack territories. They just work here and live a life like normal humans. Their leader, Zander is a good person. He takes in those wolves who don’t want to live in packs”

“He took you under his wing, didn’t he?” I asked her and she nodded nervously. “Then pray that he isn’t involved” I muttered before kicking open the door.

Everyone stopped doing their respective works and turned their heads to look at the entrance door. There was a loud growl that caught my attention and I clashed gazes with golden ones, who I am sure was Zander. Zander, I suspected might have been in his late fifties or early sixties. He had silver hair, silver beard and lots of scars which I am sure were proofs of his experience as a rogue.

As I marched towards him, some wolves tried to stop me, but one feral growl from Zander they all cowered. Pulling out my cellphone, I placed it on the counter. He glanced down at the home screen where there was a picture of a smiling Templar.

“The White Wolf?” Zander asked as soon as he glanced at the photo and I nodded. “I was offered two bags of gold but I refused and so did my boys because we don’t work for others” He said and I clenched my fists.

“By whom?”

“He goes by the name Klaus” and I frowned because I have never heard that name before.

“Klaus is the leader of the next group” Genessa said sadly.

“How you doing Kiddo?” Zander asked Genessa and they began to chat as I walked away with Terence and January.

“Mr. Green” Zander called me and I turned to face him. “Klaus said that the job was not to kill her, but to capture her alive” hearing that my spine stiffened. Clenching my fists, I growled loudly that had humans around trembling.

Muttering a string of curses, I made my way out of the bar.

Placing my hands on the bonnet of the car, I lowered my head and closed my eyes. I always suspected it to be planned, but having it confirmed, made me furious. Why did they do this? Who wanted this to happen? Capture her? What are they going to do to her?

I was so fucking furious that even taking deep breaths wasn’t calming me down.

I closed my eyes and soon different images of Templar popped in my head. The smile in her face as she walked down the aisle, her mouth swollen with my kisses on our wedding night, her jumping and dancing on the bed of our new house, her happiness when she received the news of her fourth book getting published.

Somewhere, while I was lost in my thoughts, my wolf had calmed down and eventually rested his head on his paws. I took a deep breath and looked at Terence who was consoling a sobbing January.

“I think Klaus and his group is dead. So why not we go to fourth group?” Genessa asked as soon as she came out of the bar.

“How far is it from here?” I asked her.

“About an hour”

“Let’s go” I said and Terence agreed.

I was about to climb inside the car, when I heard footsteps. “There are two leaders in the next group and they are both very ru-” Genessa stopped talking as I signaled her to silence.

Genessa stiffened and soon picked her bow and arrow resting on the seat, to prepare herself for any attack. When I inhaled, I stiffened at the all too familiar scent.

It was too late to stop Genessa because by then she had already taken an aim and had let go the arrow from the bow string.

“What the fuck?” Myron screamed as soon as the arrow pierced his arm.

“Shit” I mumbled and rushed towards him along with Terence and January. “You alright?” I asked him as he muttered a string of curses. I winced as I saw blood in dripping from his arms, coloring his white shirt.

“What are you doing here?” January asked pulling out a hanky from her pocket. “Remove the arrow” she suggested.  Three of his pack members who were with him, snarled at Genessa who was standing near the SUV.

"Hey, hey, hey... She is a friend" Terence said when they were about to attack her.

Myron removed the arrow and stared at it in disgust. “Who the fuck did this?” he growled furiously.

“I did” Genessa replied and Myron glanced up and glared at her. His dark eyes that were glaring at Genessa’s grey ones immediately softened and I cocked an eyebrow.

Genessa gulped audibly and immediately lowered her head. When she looked up, she was blushing beet red and I rolled my eyes.

Totally unexpected!

First Myron coming here and then Myron finding his mate.

****

Hope you liked it.

Templar will be back in next chapter... Woohoo! & it'll be posted on 15th. My laptop is still with the repairer so it might be delayed too :(

Please vote, comment and follow.

Thanks :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 3.7K 47
"Oh, so you're part of this kidnapping posse too? I am not a possession! I have a life that I was abruptly plucked out of without my input all becaus...
755K 24.6K 33
"Help us..." I look down, seeing two twins sitting on the ground, backs leaning against the wall. As it rains I can see them trembling pitifully in...
257K 17.4K 20
Lydia Anabor's life was one full of peace and adventure growing up side by side with her father. The only thing that really bugged her was the consta...
23.4M 637K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...