Fate in Us

By dfangurlinme

Do you always have to choose between your dreams or the love of your life, can you chose both? "Have fate in... More

PROLOGUE: Fun Stuff
CHAPTER 2: Arguments
CHAPTER 3:Realization
CHAPTER 4: Chances
CHAPTER 5: Aftermath
CHAPTER 6: That thing you do
CHAPTER 7: Forward
BONUS CHAPTER: Maddie
CHAPTER 8: Cross Roads
CHAPTER 9: Gamble
CHAPTER 10: Home
BONUS CHAPTER: Together
CHAPTER 11: Sunshine
BONUS CHAPTER: Could have been (Toline)
BONUS CHAPTER: Maybe Someday (Jhobea)
ALTERNATE ENDING
EPILOGUE: Never Stop

CHAPTER 1: Announcement

4.9K 71 2
By dfangurlinme

The only sound that was heard at the gymnasium are stumping feet and screaming girls as a tune up match was happening between Creamline Cool Smasher and the ADMU women's volleyball team.

"Open, open, open" Deanna screamed as she sets the ball to Jho.

Jho approaches and hit the ball on its highest peak. The blockers of CCS team were able to establish their position on the left wing causing the ball to return on ADMU side which landed at the middle ending the match.

Players and coaching staffs thanked each other for a successful match. Members of each team started cooling off while others started cleaning up.

After getting freshen up both teams bid their goodbyes.

"Wohhhhoooooo, eating time" Bea chanted as she placed her arms around Jho's shoulder.

"Quit shouting, De Leon" Jho countered as she tries to cover Bea's mouth but failed to do so; other players just started laughing as they watch the 2 seniors banter it out.

The group made their way towards the parking lot when suddenly Ponggay notices that one member of the team missing in action.

Setter Deanna Wong was nowhere to be found. She immediately detached herself away from her teammates and went to the back end of the gymnasium where she parked her car.

Deanna is a friendly yet reserve girl who is admired by many for having killer looks, being a part of the popular volleyball women's team and her natural intellect. The catch is that no one was ever been able to capture her attention.

She is admired not just by men but also by women. A few of the people who tried but failed are the popular basketball start of the rivalry school Ricci Rivero, their former libero Ria Lo, men's volleyball member Ron Medalla and rookie Vanie Gandler.

The setter fished her phone and put is on speed dial "hello love" she happily greet the person on the other side of the line "I'm at the parking lot, about to drive off school. I'll be there in about 30 to 45 minutes" Deanna explained over the phone.

"No" the setter strongly imposed "I'll be there so if you finish early please wait for me" she continued.

"See you love, I love you too" then ended the call.

The setter drives off the campus with a set destination in mind. She made a detour to pick up some snacks knowing that her lover would probably be tired from rehearsals.

"Hi Sir Bong, is my usual spot available?" Deanna asked the guard as she entered the premises.

"Yes, Ma'am Deanna, naibilin na po skin kanina" the guard answered.

Deanna offered him a snack before went to her usual parking spot. Since it's already later there are only a few people in the area. She doesn't want to be recognized which might cause a buzz on social media. Also, it makes going around easy the setter thought.

She approached a corner and turned then saw the sign main hall. A box of wings and milk tea at hand, the setter entered the room and catches a few people on stage huddled in a circle. She noted that she was just in time seeing that the rehearsal is coming to a close.

The small group on stage didn't seem to notice that the athlete has arrived and is now watching them intently or rather staring at her lover who is having a conversation with the other members.

No later than 5 minutes, the group was dismissed. One of the volunteer went straight to where bags are settled and pick up the phone placed on top of a yellow bag pack.

Deanna's phone started ringing catching the attention of the only person left on stage. A huge smile formed at the human's face and looked at the athlete who is now approaching the area.

"Hi BB" Jema chanted as Deanna made her way up. The energetic girl didn't want to wait for her girlfriend to reach her; instead she run towards her and immediately engulfed her into a tight embrace.

The setter felt the tightness of Jema's hug feeling relaxed from the warmth of her girlfriend's embrace. Force of habit, Deanna then buried her face on the shorter woman's neck as she reciprocated the act.

Jema giggled at the gesture, she then loosens her grip to caress the setter's head. "Rough day love?" she asked as Jema shifted her hands from Deanna's head to her back rubbing it; which earned a nod from the setter.

The smaller girl tried to loosen their embrace to look at her girlfriend but the other refused to let go.

"I know you're tired and I know you'll get irritated if I say this" Jema sign but continued "I told you to stay at your dorm so you could catch some rest" her tone was more of concern rather than scolding.

"I wanted to see you" Deanna defended as they finally separates from their embrace.

Jema smiled but Deanna could still sense the guilt in her expression. She understands that Jema only wants what's best for her and rest is really important to her now. Even though she wanted to defend her case, knowing her girlfriend she'll never win regarding this argument.

"I'll just drop you off to the condo and go straight back to the dorm" the setter answered in defeat.

Slowly Jema caresses both Deanna's cheeks "Thank you for making an effort picking me up, bringing food" then notion to the items held by the setters hand "and understanding me" she continued. "I'll be there tomorrow cheering for you" she said as she posses like a cheerleader.

"Then I'll wait for you after your game so that I can take you out for dinner or maybe we can immediately drive back to my place so that you can eat the pack meals nanay made especially for you" with a joyful tone on her voice.

Deanna couldn't help but smile thinking how lucky she is to have a caring girlfriend with a family that treats her like she is their own child. "Well if that's the case we better head back to your place so that I can be on my way back to the dorms, sleep through the night and be done with my obligation so that I could go back home to you and eat the 2nd best home cooked meal in the world" she said as she hands Jema's the snack and picked up her things then take her girlfriends hand.

The couple exited the auditorium hand and hand; they made a detour at the maintenance office to mention that the rehearsal was over and they can now check the hall. After that, they went straight to Deanna's car.

The first thing Jema did as soon as the car was unlocked was checked if there is no mess inside. She accepted that Deanna can be a bit messy at time especially lately since her schedule is tight due to the ongoing competition. She takes it upon herself to ensure that the setter's things are kept in place such as her laundry, school stuff including her car. A part of it maybe is the reason of being clean freak like herself so she makes sure to check on her girlfriends side as well when given a chance.

She was impressed to find a very decent car knowing that she hasn't checked it out for about 2 weeks. After inspecting everything, she proceeds to the passenger seat and gave Deanna a kiss on the cheek as a reward.

"I'm very impressed Ms. Wong" wearing a wicked smile on her face as she starts to play with the setter's ears.

"Well, I have a clean freak fiancé who I don't want to be pissed so I went to a car wash place before picking her up" Deanna answered with a toothy grin on her face then started the car.

On there way to Jema's place "do you plan on telling your parents about the engagement when you fly back to Cebu this Christmas break?" the shorter woman asked as she then placed her hand on Deanna's thigh to gain her attention.

The two fell silent with only the radio's sound being heard.

"No need to tell them actually, I kind of went and ask their permission or should I say I kind off asked both our parents' permission before I asked you" the setter blurted out.

"Wait, so you're telling me that I have been worrying for 2 weeks now on how I would break the news to my parents about the engagement when they already knew about it all along" a shocked and questioning looked appeared on Jema's face after finding out the truth.

Deanna asked their parents' permission on her plan to asked Jema's hand in marriage because she just wanted to make sure that both parties know that her intention is clear and real. Of course, she was asked how can she be sure and stating the obvious concern since both of them are relatively young to be thinking about marriage.

"Nay nandyan po ba si Tatay?" Deanna asked as she talks to Jema's mother over the phone.

"Oo anak, bakit may kailangan ka ba?" she answered.

"I wanted to pay you a visit po, I just wanted to ask something" the setter explained.

"Kasama mo ba si Jessica na luluwas" the middle aged woman responded.

"Hindi po nay, I just wanted to talk about Jema's upcoming birthday" she explained.

After a couple of few minutes, Deanna ended the call and proceeded to drive her way to Jema's family home in Laguna.

"Pasok ka Deanna" Jema's mother said opening the door for the setter who immediately stepped in and takes the woman's hand to place it on her forehead as a sign of respect to the elder.

"Naghanda na ako ng mesa, doon na tayo mag-usap usap kasi siguradong na gutom ka sa byahe" the woman said and led Deanna to the dining area.

As an athlete home cooked meals can be a rarity so an invitation like this is a no brainer, besides how can she refuse a meal prepared by the mother of her future wife. Jema's father made his presence felt and the setter paid her respect like how she did to the elder lady. The 3 adults took their places and started munching on the lunch prepared. A few small talks has risen; the elderly couple didn't missed a chance on asking how Deanna was, how has she been doing and her preparation for the upcoming UAAP. The conversation was fluid without any hint of awkwardness between them.

"Anak, hindi ka naman siguro naparito upang makipagkwentuhan lamang sa amin" the man in the house started "binangit sa akin na nais mo raw kaming kausapin tungkol s nalalapit na kaarawan ni Jessica" he continued.

"Opo tay" Deanna answered with hesitation. "Actually, I came for the birthday surprise and more" she continued.

The elder couple seem to not mind the sudden change in Deanna's demeanor but remain intent on what she was about to say.

Deanna tried starting her speech but ended it up with a mess. Her palms are sweaty, her breaths are getting deeper as she tried to collect her thoughts; asking the parents for the hand of the woman that you love is no joke, an internal monolog her mind is starting to create.

"Iha, okay ka lng ba?" the woman asked which suddenly brought calmness on Deanna.

With a determined heart, the setter settled everything and said "I came here to actually ask your permission for your daughters hand in marriage"

Both Jema's parents was shocked on what they have just heard, thinking that Deanna must be kidding, knowing that the 2 has only been seeing each other for 7 months. Contemplation was as evident on their faces as they evaluate the situation.

The 3 remain silent for what seems to be the most nerve wrecking moment in Deanna's life. She wanted to justify her intention but no words escape her lips. The setter didn't want to disrespect the couple knowing that they need to absorb the news she just broke.

"I wanted to say no" Jema's father utter with an obvious crack in his voice "pero habang iniisip ko pa lang ang sagot ni Jema" a distant look appeared on his face but formed a smile as soon as his eyes landed on the setter. He took her wife's hand and looked at her for second as if gaining strength for what he is about to say.

"Nag titiwala kami kay Jessica" that was the only answer he gave and the next thing she knew was that a pair of arms are wrapping itself around her, comforting her. She didn't notice that tears was streaming down her face, wondering how can these pair of soul accepts and loves her like she is their own child.

The setter knew that she gained their blessing and now it is all down to Jema.

"That's how I told them" Deanna nonchalantly told the story to her finance.

"Wow" Jema said still shocked hearing about the story.

Deanna smiles watching her fiancé's shocked expression.

"What was your parent's reaction?" Jema asked tentatively.

"Well, I told dad I'm going to marry you when I told them I'm dating you; so that's that" the setter answered.

"You what, you never told me about that" a shocked Jema once again said.

Laughter filled the car as Deanna watches her fiancés reaction.

"Do you really expect me to tell you everything" smirking as the setter stepped on the breaks and looked straight to the shorter woman's eyes.

"I won't be able to surprise you if that's the case" Deanna continued as she takes Jema's hand and intertwine them.

"Besides you're surprised expression never gets old" poking Jema's nose then leaned in for a kiss on her lips. After pulling away, she noticed that a hint of pink was on her cheeks "I need to keep some tricks on my sleeves; I have to win your heart after all" trying to be flirty.

Jema playfully pushed the setter to create more space between them "you, you, you" she said as she giggle.

PS: Please note that the story would be short. 

I'm not good with grammar so the chapters would still be up for revision if I see mistakes and all. 

Hope you enjoy this update

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 519 18
The hardest decisions in life are not between good and bad or right and wrong, but between two goods or two rights. Joe Andrew If you have to choose...
16.6K 236 13
If you have patience, then you'll also have love. Because your Patience will leads to love.
20 1 5
Do we really have free will? Or everything is ruled by fate? ❕ Important Note: This is a work of fiction, purely from my imagination. I chose my pro...
10.4K 121 3
A story of two soulmates meeting at the most unfortunate time. Could they have that love story destiny had written to the stars?