Delilah In Discretion | ✓ - D...

By iiLoveydoveii

SEQUEL TO HIS POSSESSION IN DISCRETION READ BOOK #1 BEFORE ENTERING BOOK #2 Delilah Newman-Russel. Recently t... More

Delilah In Discretion Publishing & Moving to Patreon and Kindle Vella
Character List
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
The Discretion Series (NEW BOOK - Aching for his Discretion)

Chapter 5

160K 6.2K 1.9K
By iiLoveydoveii

"Pain don't hurt the same, I know
The lane I travel feels alone
But I'm moving 'til my legs give out
And I see my tears melt in the snow."

Archer's POV

Sitting at my piano, I sighed as my hands went over the keys playing the notes. In my spare time, I would sit at my desk and create different songs to play... Most of them extraordinarily dark or bone-chilling. Whenever I was unoccupied, I found myself on the piano or violin. Not that I particularly enjoy the violin. When I was younger, Kimiko would take violin lessons, and Delilah would come along to either watch or simply to pick her up at the end.

For some reason, the second I heard of that, I asked my father for violin lessons. Did I mean to excel at the instrument? Of course not. I remember solely going for the pure reason of seeing her. Sterling believes I had a problem at the time, but I didn't see it. All I wanted to do was get closer to her and for some reason, still to this day.. it's still my goal.

It was crazy how much she took a toll on my life. She was all I thought about morning and night and is the cause of my anger and happiness.

I turned the page of my self made collection of sheet music and stumbled on the page that read 'Delilah'. Yes, I most certainly wrote a song about her.. multiple actually. Many sounding sweet others sounding dark and a few with a bit of.. sensuality. The one I saw in front of me had a beautiful dark theme to it. I placed my hands on the keys and let the music fill my ears and enter my 'empty' soul.

Getting lost in my thoughts, I hadn't even noticed when I finished or if someone else was in the room.

" It sounds beautiful.. " The voice of my step-mother spoke, and I shrugged my shoulders.

" It's old. I wrote it a while ago. "

" What did you write about? " She asked, but I didn't say anything. She continued, asking another question.

" Or rather who did you write it about? " I looked over to her to see a smile on her face.

" Vivienne don't " She chuckled.

" Whatever happened to mom? " Gazing back to the piano, I spoke.

" You asked too many questions, that's what happened. " She raised her hands in surrender.

" It's not my fault you have the title of the song written in bold at the top. " I snatched the papers from the top of the stand and closed my eyes as I was slowly growing irritated.

" Leave Vivienne. " She rolled her eyes.

" I kid I kid, no need to throw me out yet. " I looked down at my sheets and sighed. I started to grow somewhat close to Vivienne to the point where I once called her mom, and she cried for a week straight. She was annoying, to say the least with wanting to know everything that was going on in my life but I knew she meant well.

" How has school been? I know you're going back full time to focus on your studies. "

" It's not the worst, but I wish I was back at the office and not listening to the constant nagging of a middle-aged man talking about how to run a business. As if I don't already know. "

" You are just like your father you know that? Always thinking that you know everything. "

" As much as I don't want to agree, you got me there. But is it not the truth? " 

" It may be true but that's not the point- " I cut her off.

" Then what is the point? " I asked and she sighed. 

" Alright how about we adjourn this little convo and move on to something different. " 

" Gladly.. " I stood and walked over to my mirror as I decided to change my shirt.

" Have you no modesty Archer? " She asked sitting at the edge of my bed and I shrugged.

" You're in my room mother. I can very much do whatever I please. " I pulled off the rest of my shirt and grabbed the one I would be wearing for the rest of the day.

Her eyes directed to a shirt on my bed that she was now folding and a small smile came across her face.

" You're brother is coming home today. " I froze in front of the mirror and I felt her eyes on me once again. Gaining my composure, I shrugged as I pulled on my shirt.

" His arrival was today? I had completely forgotten, send him my regards, will you? " She sighed.

" Archer, I want you to make an effort- "

" You act like I haven't been trying for the last 7 years. I think that's long overdue wouldn't you agree? "

" Stephen loves you, Archer. He's just not in his right place to show he does. Give him time. "

" I think I've given him more than enough time, " I said harshly but I knew she could see through my tough exterior. A knock was heard at the door and I spoke.

" You may enter. " Pierce walked through and spoke.

" Sir Lockwood has requested that you two come to his office to greet Stephen as he has just returned. " Vivienne nodded. 

" Thank you, Pierce. We'll be over in just a moment. " He closed the door and I grabbed my suit jacket along with my phone.

" You'll come to see him with me, won't you? " I saw the pleading look in her eyes as she asked and it saddened me. It was breaking her every day that her sons weren't getting along. Blood or not she treated me the same as him and only wanted the best for us. It was Stephen who made things different, who let money and power go to his head. 

Did I really want to inherit my father's business? I surely did but if I could do it with him by my side, it would be even better. I wouldn't even mind working lower than him, that was to be determined by my father but Stephen didn't see it that way. It was a constant battle in his mind that could only have two outcomes none of which had to do with us working together as brothers.

I nodded my head at her. " I'll go see him, but I have a few things scheduled with Sterling so I won't be here for long. " She smiled brightly and walked to the door. 

" I'll see you downstairs then. " I nodded my head and she walked out leaving me in silence. I sighed heavily as I grabbed all of the things that I needed for the day and stepped out of my room. I went down the stairs and entered my father's office only to see him sitting at his desk as he talked to Stephen who was sitting on the couch with Vivienne beside him. I cleared my throat and Stephen's eyes made their way over to me.

" Stephen.. I see you've returned home.. "

" It does appear that way, yes but I'm unsure for how long.. father needs me to go on another trip soon. I heard your back in school, how is it? "

" Tedious and dull are the words that come to mind. " He nodded his head and my mother had an ear to ear smile as she watched our interaction but I knew this wasn't going to be it. It never was. 

" Calvin, why don't you and I leave the room for a moment.. let the boys catch up, it has been a while since they've seen each other. "

" But this is my office, can't they go somewhere- " He silenced himself when he received a glare from her and reluctantly stood up. Making his way to the door he sighed.

" Don't take to long. I have a meeting in 15 minutes. " He walked out of the room, and Vivienne smiled.

" Don't mind him. You boys take as much time as you need to catch up. " 

Stephen smiled, " We sure will, thank you, mother. " She beamed widely and closed the door. The room was silent and I watched as he turned his head to look at me. He was the first to speak and the look in his eyes changed.

" So little brother, how have you been? "

" Cut the crap, Stephen. It's just us now. " He shrugged and leaned back. 

" I was being nice in case mother was listening on the other side of the door but since we're over the formalities, I really don't care how you've been. " 

" Then why the fuck would you agree to this? "

"So that I don't look like the troubled brother who doesn't want to mend things with his sibling. Pretty simple really.. " 

" What the fuck did I ever do to you? " 

" You were born, and because you spent the beginning of your life with the man who is my father too, I won't be getting shit from the business. "

" I already told you this! He may not even want me to be the CEO, you can do all that shit yourself if it will make you at least appreciate me trying to have a relationship with you. "

" You can keep your brotherly love. I'll be fine without it. "

" Fuck you, Stephen, you can leave again. See if I care enough. " He didn't say anything and I grabbed my things and walked out of the office slamming the door behind me. I went to walk down the hall when I saw my parents standing there. Only then did I realize we hadn't even been in the room alone for five minutes before one of us stormed out. 

My mother was the first to notice me, and from the upset look on her face, I knew she heard everything. In the end, she put up a smile and tried to be strong as she spoke. " He'll come around. " 

My father scoffed " No he won't. " He said as a matter of fact and Vivienne resisted the urge to hit him. I didn't say anything as I walked towards the door and left. Expectantly, I saw Sterling leaning against his car waiting for me to come out. He looked up to the sound of me walking out and he immediately changed his attitude.

" What's wrong? " He asked, and I sighed.

" Stephen. " The look on his face changed.

" He's back, isn't he? " I nodded my head, and he rolled his eyes as he spoke again.

" He's always been a dick, " I scoffed as he walked over to the driver's seat and I opened the passenger's side.

" No fucking kidding. " We entered his car and pulled out of the driveway. We had already made plans to go to his father's office, stop by my office and go to a fitting we had for our tuxedos for the event. I sighed as I leaned my head against the headrest trying to think of the one person who could make this entire mess go away. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Third Person POV

Stephen remained motionless in his father's office and he heard the door open.

" How do you always manage to drive your brother away the moment you see him? " Calvin asked jokingly, and Vivienne stood at the door in complete anger, opposite of what Calvin was feeling.

" Stephen! He tried! He came down to see you after he said he wouldn't, and you've made me very disappointed. He's your little brother. "

" Half. " Stephen said, and his mother scoffed. 

" Unbelievable. " She walked out of the room causing Calvin to shake his head.

" You even drove your mother away.. A winning streak my boy. " He chuckled, and Stephen didn't say anything.. He pondered for a minute before getting up and leaving the room. Calvin sighed as he looked to his computer.

" Well then.. " A few moments later, he heard a knock at the door. 

" Come in. " Pierce walked into the room and spoke.

" Mr. Crawford is here for his afternoon meeting. " Calving nodded, and Andrew walked into the room.

" Andrew, good to see you again. " Andrew chuckled and replied.

" Though it's only been a few days, I couldn't agree more. " He took the seat across from Calvin and Pierce left to get the refreshments. 

" I hear your son is already creating a bit of a stir in the school. " Cavin said, and Andrew responded.

" I guess you could say that. The boy has nothing better to do so this can keep him occupied. " Calvin nodded and continued onto a different subject.

" Russel is going to the auction, so you know Porter and Masahiko will be there. Can't have Killian in one place without Blaine following him like a puppy and dragging Shin along with him.. "

" You seem to be getting a lot of information on the Russel's... Would you mind sharing where you get your resources? " Calvin chuckled.

" Someone in their family owes me a favor.. a large one at that. Does the name Eugene Newman ring a bell? " 

" Brielle's brother? How the hell did you get him to help you? "

" Once again.. I know a few things that his sister may not want to hear, and instead of telling her what they are, he's been under my control for the last 15 years or so.. "

" You still believe this will all hold up in the end? Looks pretty disordered to me.. "

" Of course it won't, it will blow up in my face before I even know it but by then.. I will have already won.. You have to lose in order to win, that's the rule of the game. " 

" From an outside perspective, it looks to be that you're losing quite frequently.. Is this all apart of the 'game'? "

" It very much is.. The plan has already been set into motion and is working like a charm but... " Calvin paused, and Andrew spoke.

" But what? "

" There will be a few.. setbacks. "

" You wouldn't happen to know what they are already would you? " Andrew asked causing Calvin to think.

" I already know two.. your son and Delilah's birth parents. "

" My son? " Andrew asked curiously, and Calvin nodded.

" He's after Delilah. Anything Archer has he wants, that's already been established. Even though this could be good for Archer to have a bit of a challenge, we can't have your boy getting too close. "

" And what about Delilah's parents? "

" Though it will be a minor setback, it will most likely lead to many problems. "

" But Marissa is dead is she not? " Andrew asked, but Calvin didn't say anything. She could've been dead since Eugene didn't leave her to be alive, but it wasn't certain if she was or not. 

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

Hey, babes  Hope you liked this chapter, a little insight into Archer's life. I've been updating a lot lately right? I think I'm doing pretty good wouldn't you all agree? ONCE AGAIN!! Please read the first book if you haven't. From this point on things will get a little confusing if you aren't already caught up! Much love. x

How did you like this chapter?

Favorite moments and why?

Thoughts on Vivienne?

Thoughts on Stephen?

How do you think Eugene and Delilah's parents will affect the story?

What do you think Calvin's plans are?

Any suggestions? Drama or fluff related?

Song requests?

Future predictions?

Anything else to say? Hmmm?

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

Song Lyrics: Logic - 1-800-273-8255 ft. Alessia Cara & Khalid

Follow me on IG: iiLoveydoveii

WeHeartIt: iiLoveydoveii

Photos from Instagram: @chrisandruth

Tell me what you think and don't forget to vote

Angel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 160K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
104K 3.7K 42
At lightning speed I threw open the covers of the bed , checking for any trace of missing clothing ; Every ounce of my fiber, of my being was yelling...
64.4K 3.3K 32
Women have balls too; at least that was the creed Kristen Hilton lived by. It was the mantra for the Mistress of The Treasure Box and she displayed t...
62.5M 2.5K 6
Brielle Newman A 21-year-old girl who was struggling to make life comfortable for herself and her niece, Delilah. Her sister left the baby the minute...