The Taking

By LoveScripter

Every half century in a small little town hidden in the woods, a beast comes out from the forest to claim his... More

The Taking
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31-32
Chapter 33-34
Chapter 35
- Afterwards -
Sneak Peak: Book 2

Chapter 12

954K 32K 10.9K
By LoveScripter

I skipped dinner that night. Although my stomach protested like an angry mob. No way in hell, was I going to go downstairs and eat a meal with a damn liar. For all I know, he could hand me hot sauce instead of ketchup, or worse--laxative instead of salt.

Which by the way, Charlotte did that to Trent and it was not pretty. I miss those two...I wonder what they are doing right now? I can't imagine either of them crying over me.

Laura tried convincing me to eat, when I wouldn't listen, or even look at Greyson. Lexie took a turn convincing me as well, but she eventually confessed that her brother and mother put her up to it and left. I admire her for her honesty at least. They all eventually gave up when I locked myself in the bathroom and turned the jets on to drown their voices.

When it was time to sleep, I remained locked in the bathroom. Obviously, Greyson wouldn't sleep anywhere else but in his room--this room.

He would have to chain me to bed if he thinks I'm sharing a bed with him!

"Celeste, open the door...please!" He must have been able to unlock the bedroom door, because I swear I locked it.

"No!"

"You haven't eaten!"

"I'd rather starve!"

He groaned. "You're being ridiculous!"

"And you're an asshole!" I slammed my fist into the door making the lock rattle.

"When I get inside..." He paused, mumbling to himself.

"What are you going to do? Spank me!" I mocked him. Which was probably a bad idea, but too late my words can't be taken back.

The sound of his nails softy grazing the wooden door made tingles crawl up my back. "I'm going to make sure you eat those words, Celeste. I swear it."

After the few seconds I held my breath, he was gone. I couldn't hear anything from the other side with my ear pressed against the door. But to be safe, that night I slept in the bathroom against the door.

The next morning, however, I was comfortably wrapped around a cotton sheet...on his bed. When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was the uneven paint and the eight recessed lighting fixtures on his ceiling. The clock read 6:30 in the morning, barely my usual time to wake up, but I was angry and fired up.

Thinking the perv took liberties and slept besides me, I jerked my leg to occupy the remaining half of the bed. If he was there, I hope my leg did some collateral damage. Next time, he would regret putting me on his bed.

No one. He wasn't there

"Urg." I tossed the sheets off me as if they were infested with germs; they fell into a heap on the foot of the bed. My body was fully exposed to the morning air. I shivered, forgetting I wasn't in the west coast anymore and the weather here can fluctuated between below zero to fifty in a matter of minutes.

I pulled my knees up and wrapped my arms around them to keep warm. When I looked down, I realized my clothes were not what I had on last night and my whole body froze like the ice on the windowpane. I only had on a shirt and panties!

"Oh my god." I gasped.

Greyson must have changed me while I slept! Somehow I felt violated and more pissed off then I was yesterday-if that were even possible.

"I'm going to kill him." I muttered, fisting my hands.

"Can you please keep your voice down, people are trying to get some sleep." The familiar annoying voice came from underneath me.

I snapped my head to the side and saw nothing, until I saw a swift movement from the floor. The devil was on the floor with a pillow under his head. He only wore a pair of striped blue pajamas and his bare chest was in view of full disposal.

Like a snake, I hissed between my teeth and attack. He didn't have time to defend himself when I straddled over his stomach and smothered his head with my pillow. At first, he was surprised, then he started shouting and kicking his feet, telling to stop.

"You touched me in my sleep! Who the hell do you think you are, touching a woman without her consent?"

His hands grasped both sides of my waist and fore I knew it, I was the one underneath. Only pillow kept me from seeing most of his half naked glory. His weight had me pinned to the ground and I couldn't move. Greyson took a moment to regain the oxygen in his lungs, before he spoke.

"I didn't even look." I didn't miss the smug look that he quickly removed.

Then and there I wanted to wrap my hands around his neck.

"You are so dead." There was no telling what I was going to do with him. I was a woman possessed.

"Oh...I'm scared." He thought this was funny!

He got on his feet and ran out of the room, leaving the door open for me to run after him. I gapped thinking what in the world made him to think I would happily play a childish game of tag.

"I'm not running after you!" I yelled, getting up and crossing my arms over my chest. Sauntering up to his closet, I searched inside for a warm sweater. If he can freely take privileges with me, than I can do whatever I want with him too. And that includes his stuff.

There was a pair of basketball shorts I decided to wear. My eyes landed in what looked to be an extremely soft looking sweater. It was a dark ash grey with woven elbow patches. My taste in fabric never disappoints, because the sweater was indeed extremely soft. So soft, I swear it felt like a baby bunny. I checked the label to make sure I wasn't actually wearing a bunny.

100% black wool.

Satisfied, I put it on and melted into the warmth.

"Feels great right?" Greyson watched me from the door. "I haven't worn it yet."

I ignored him and glared.

"Is this the silent treatment?" He smirked. "Lexie out grew that when she was seven."

Again I ignored him. Something poked my side and I rolled up the front to see what that something was. The tag was still hanging from the inside of the shirt. He wasn't kidding when he said he hasn't worn it. With a quick tug, I ripped it off. Luckily, it didn't damage the fabric.

"You should use scissors next time." He chided.

I rolled my eyes and when I looked at the price my eyeballs almost fell out their sockets. "Four hundred sixty-five dollars?! You paid almost five hundred for this freaking sweater?"

Greyson looked at me like it was no big deal. "So are we over the silent treatment? I would like to know what you would like for breakfast. You didn't eat last night and I'm concerned over your health."

This sweater felt like it was burning my skin. I shredded it off and tossed it at him. "That sweater can feed people starving in third world countries!" The sweaters I owed were only twenty five dollars, twenty times less expensive than that!

He caught it in his hands and looked at me confused. "Aren't you cold?"

"Aren't you cold?" He was shirtless still.

"Werewolves can stand negative temperatures." He explained.

Without the sweater, I was shivering. "Then why buy the expensive sweater?"

"It's a gift." He said. "So I didn't waste money-wear it." He held it up for me to take.

Was most his clothes gifts?

"Someone bought you a $500 sweater."

"Leonardo's mother gave it to me last Christmas. This is her brand." That just made me rethink accepting that box of clothes she gave me. I hadn't opened it yet and it was sitting in the corner of my room in Gran's house.

Wait...Hold on. "Debbie knows about you?"

Greyson looked at me as if I were an idiot. "Leonardo and Vincent is their mother, you know."

I knew that, but I kept thinking she was innocent in all this and they were hiding the fact that they were paranormal creatures behind their mother's back. She knew this whole time...

Oh god. When will the surprises end?

"Robert...?" I didn't need to finish that sentence.

"He's a werewolf too. In fact, he's my father's Beta. You might see him around once in a while. He's the mayor of the town."

Color me shocked. "You have got to be kidding me." This whole town was infested with werewolves and it was all right under our noses. "Are everyone in that crazy town wolves?"

"No. obviously the women aren't and some males are humans. A couple decades back human males decided to settle into our territory with their families. That's when my pack learned to co-exist with them pretending to be humans in order to keep our pack undisclosed. We use the humans as a shield from other packs who want to invade our territory."

"Who are the wolves living in town?"

"I can't name all of them, but I think you've already meet Leo's family and Marty-

"The mouthy shopkeeper is a werewolf!"

He nodded his head. "His family is well-known for their tracking abilities. They can find things and people, it's a gift that runs in their blood. Almost like how being an Alpha runs in my veins."

Bennett appeared behind Greyson, disrupting the conversation. "Glad to see you still here son."

"Yup, alive and kicking as always." I can see they cleared up everything from what happened yesterday. Bennett had dark bags under his eyes. Was he worried about his son all night? "Glad to see you're still walking dad. How was your night with the twins?"

Bennett looked like he was in pain. "Don't even mention it. Tonight, I'm going to try to convince your mother to buy restraints for Liam and Caleb." He saw be past Greyson's shoulders. "Good morning Celeste, I hope you slept well. Breakfast is ready for you and Greyson." He turned around and I saw the limp to his step as he walked away.

What could the twins have done?

"Shall we head down stairs?" Greyson offered his hand.

"Don't think I forgot what you did yesterday. I'm still mad at you." I walked past him, shoving him by the shoulder.

I heard him smirk. "You going to head down stairs like that? There are plenty of unmated males roaming around this house that wouldn't mind staring at you. And I'm not allowing it. Either put this sweater on, or you will be sitting on my lap all day."

Snatching the sweater from his hands, I shoved him on the chest with my elbow.

"Didn't hurt, babe. You have to try harder than that." And because he dared me too. I pivoted and high kicked his groin. That did the trick...

"Shhhhhit." He staggered to the ground clutching his treasured assets.

I sent mom a silent thank you for signing me up in gymnastics when I was in middle school.

Laura greeted me downstairs and offered me a seat at the table. It was awkward to have someone serve me food. I usually did things for myself and didn't need the help of others to do my bidding.

"I can help myself." I told her when she poured pancake mix on the frying pan.

"Sit down dear," She pointed her spatula at me when I tried to get up. "You've been through enough."

Have I really?

"Where is everyone else?" I asked her, taking a bite of the delicious parfait she made.

"My three younger children like to sleep in. My husband and I like to raise before anyone else and Greyson has learned to adapt to our schedule."

"Where's Greyson?" Bennett took the chair to my left.

"He's looking for something." His dignity. "He said he will be coming down in a minute." I said.

Both parents nodded and started conversing with each other. By the time Greyson finally presented himself, he looked like he was ready to plot revenge. His eyes settled on me as he walked towards the seat to my right.

"Good morning mom." He greeted his mother.

"Morning son. How was your sleep?"

"Stiff." Was his only reply, which made Bennett chuckle from behind his coffee mug.

"The floor...or other things." Bennett chided and I blushed horrified at his hilarity.

"Bennett." Laura wacked her husband over the head.

"Ouch." He rubbed his abused collar and apologized to his wife.

Greyson took my spoon and dipped it in his mouth.

I gawked at him in outrage. "You have your own spoon!"

"Greyson, where are your manners?" Laura scolded him.

"Sorry, mom. I lost them with my balls."

Bennett chocked on his coffee and Laura dropped a pancake on the floor.

"GREYSON!" Laura was now red as a tomato.

"I'm heading off to work." Bennett too his coffee mug.

"Wait dad! I'm heading out with you."

No you're not. You have responsibilities here at home, now that you have your mate."

He was indicating me right? "He doesn't need to babysit me."

Bennett took a sip of his warm coffee and steadied his eyes on me. "You need to learn how to be an Alpha female. Greyson will help you learn."

"I'm not willing to learn." My mouth was producing words faster than my mind could thing.

A grin formed on Bennett's face that frightened the hairs off me. "Really funny." He said before he turned and left. I wasn't trying to be funny, but his words sounded like a warning then actual amusement.

Greyson whispered behind my ear. "My dad can be scary when his wolf comes out. He's still the alpha so his authority overrides my own. My mother is the only person who can calm him on his worst days, which are usually the full moon when our wolves are at their peak of control."

"What happens on full moons?"

"Wicked things," Was all he said.

After breakfast, Greyson gave me the layout of his usual day. Which was: read a bunch of college level textbooks and oversee the garden plantation in their 1,000 acres backyard. I watched him as he did everything and fell asleep as he read his bulky textbooks.

It was so boring.

"Are you done yet?" I yelled from under a shaded tree.

He was strenuously hacking logs and stacking them into piles against the side of the house. The amount he did in one day could probably build a small boat.

A trickle of sweat dripped from the side of his face and he wiped it with the back of his gloved palm. His muscles ripped from underneath his blue shirt and a puddle of sweat stained on both sides of his shirt. On some men, it looked disgusting, but on Greyson...

My mouth just went dry.

"Can we stop? I'm getting really hot out here."

He set his axe aside and looked at me in bemusement. "You're hot? I'm the one slaving under the sun and working my ass off. And you're thirsty?"

"Yeah." I retort sassily.

Greyson groaned and took off his gloves. "Wait a minute. Let me cool off first."

"Hurry."

He headed towards the hose and turned the faucet on. I watched as he washed his hands under the running water and splashed it on his face. The world stopped spinning on its axis when he shredded his shirt off and tossed it over his shoulder. It was like witnessing a photo shot live and I was the luck girl with the VIP seats.

"Eww. Gross."

I nearly screamed when Lexie sat next to me. "You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

"Yeah...well, you ogling my brother makes me sick so we're even."

"I wasn't ogling your brother!"

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

Greyson saw his sister and sent her an evil eye. "Aren't you supposed to be doing your homework twerp?"

'Finished it yesterday." She said casually. "I wanted to hang out with my sister-in-law."

"I'm not marrying him." I growled.

"Future sister-in-law." Greyson corrected her. "We aren't married yet."

"Same thing." She brushed it aside, just like both siblings completely ignored what I had just said.

"Urg, I give up." I muttered.

"Let's head back inside the house and serve you two some ice-cream."

"Yes! I like the way you think bro." For the first time, I see a genuine smile grace on Lexie's face and she looked a hundred times beautiful. I envy her natural looks.

Greyson slips his hands between mine and grips it firmly so I wouldn't snatch it away. As if reading my mind, he says. "What flavor ice-cream does my gorgeous girl want?"

I blush and turn my head away. One because he was shirtless. Two, because I didn't want him to see my blushed face. And three, he was still shirtless.

We went into the kitchen and opened the freezer. They had all the classic flavors lined up in one shelf. My very favorite-chocolate chip cookie dough was the first one in line. When I reached out for it, Greyson did also at the same time and our hands collided.

"Oh...you two like the same flavor. It's a love that's meant to be." Lexie says sarcastically while drastically waving her hands. She leans down between us and grabs her cup of rocky road. "You two better not start kissing or I'm going to barf."

"Don't make me squirt this on you." Greyson threatens with a bottle of chocolate syrup.

Lexie giggles and walks away. "I'll be watching TV if you love birds need me."

Suddenly, Bennett comes striding into the room with a menacing look on his face. Clasped in Bennett's hands, by the collar of his shirt, was none other than Vincent.

"We have a problem." Bennett said shoving Vincent to the corner of the wall.

Few seconds later, Leo walked in with a dumbfounded look on his face. It must have been something big, because Greyson ordered me to go back to the bedroom.

"No," I spat.

"Celeste, don't-

"It's okay. Let her stay, this matter involves her." Bennett said sharply.

Greyson took me by the arm and sat me on a chair as he held on to my shoulder as if I would try and run away.

Bennett inhaled a sharp breath and sent Vincent a murderous look. "This boy shifted into his wolf last night for the first time."

"So what's the issue with that?" Greyson asked.

Leo took a step forward and told Bennett that he would give the details. The men looked at each other for a silent minute as if having a soundless conversation. Out of the blue, Greyson's facial expression turned into disbelief and he gazed slowly at me in trepidation.

"What?" I said exasperated.

Greyson placed both his hands on my shoulders and the action made me more impatient. "I don't want you to freak out. Everything is being taken care of-

"Just spill it." I told hold him.

The three men standing behind him looked at me studying my face. Vincent however, looked like he was terrified of my existence.

Greyson held his breath then spoke. "Vincent was with your sister last night. He shifted in front of her and his wolf was in full control."

"WHAT!" I screamed, almost knocking the chair behind me down. I took a step towards Vincent who was cowardly hiding behind his brother. "Greyson let me go!" He had me around the waist.

"Easy...She's okay." He assured me.

"No." Bennett argued. "Out of recklessness, he bit her!"

The last nerve of self-preservation snapped.

NOTE: Dec 24, 2016

HAPPY HOLIDAYS YOU FREAKISHLY AMAZING PEOPLE!!! I'M BACK!!! I've graduated and I'm ready to write again after a year of constant chaos. I have edited this book again so you will find some changes to the style of writing. This book has been closed off from the public but I have made it visible once more. SO YOU BETTER BE GRATEFUL, you marshmallows! Let's make one thing clear though IF YOU COPY MY BOOK...I WILL FIND YOU.

BE WARNED. xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 1.2K 63
18 year old Dawn, her 15 year old sister Dusk, and their father live as rogues. After the girl's mother died, their father goes to bars and gets drun...
60.1K 789 9
"You can fight me all you want, Grace, but you can't ignore what you feel for me forever. If neither of us reject each other the bond only grows stro...
5M 127K 34
(Book in the process of editing) " Miss please stand in front of the class and introduce yourself.," my teacher said as she directed me where to stan...
695K 23.5K 34
THIS BOOK IS COMPLETED but it will be HEAVILY EDITED and have things added to it in the future. I wrote this book when I was much younger. I didn't e...