♟Pieces of Darkness♟

By CynicalSunshine97

A first person fanfic of the anime, Black Butler, where a young woman takes up residence with Ciel Phantomhiv... More

♟Introduction♟
♟Fallen Pawn♟
♟Gold, Glitter, & Games♟
♟Trouble is a Masquerade♟
♟Heads, No Bodies♟
♟Love is A Reaper♟
♟Flames In Flashbacks♟
♟True Forms and Check Mates♟
♟Healing and Party Plans♟
♟Nightmares & Daydreams♟
♟After the Candles Go Out♟
♟Fancy Trancy♟
♟CoffinPawn♟
♟The Last Count♟

♟My Own Demon♟

1K 34 2
By CynicalSunshine97

♞♘♞♘
I hurriedly got dressed with Bridget's help. She laughed at my seemingly visible nervousness.
"Miss Blackwood, ye be shakin in ye wee knickers this fair mornin!" she said. I smiled and wrapped a light shaw around my shoulders. It was going to be brisk outside and Bridget insisted that I wear one.
"Yes, perhaps I am a bit nervous." I admitted as we left my bedroom to fetch myself a cup of tea before ajourning to the front steps.

As told to me in the note, Ciel's carraige arrived exactly at 10AM. Sebastian smiled and opened the door of the carraige for me. The driver quickly took off toward London.
Shyly, I looked up at Sebastian, his auburn eyes blinked peacefully, then his face grew serious.
"We'll have plenty of time for this later." he said. "But for now, the investigation."
"Oh yes, the note entaled that you would tell me. It also mentioned much danger." I said, growing curious about the upcoming mission. Sebastian smoothed his jacket sleeves.
"The Children of London have been going missing again." he sighed, "It's highly presumed that the person who started the fire in the farmlands also is the cuplrit with the kidnappings."
"How is this to be assumed?"
"Because once the child is kidnapped, the household is set ablaze."

We arrived at the Undertaker's shop where he begged us for a laugh. Ciel was there, not amused by Grell's crude attempts to make the Undertaker laugh.
"Undertaker! This matter is of great importance!" Ciel said, his voice louder than normal. Sebastian sighed and shook his head.
"Ah, young maser, please don't raise your voice, it isn't good for your health." he said calmly, placing a hand on Ciel's shoulder. My cousin brushed it away and increased his frown.
"Seabstian! It is about time you arrive!" Ciel said brashly glaring up at him. Sebastian pulled his silver pocket watch out, looking at the time.
"But master, it is only 25 second after the set meeting time."
"Fine. Make Undertaker a deal, I am going to speak with Millie outside." Ciel offered me his arm and we left the shop.
Out in the street, Ciel leaned his back onto the wall of the Undertaker's shop.
"So Sebastian explained the mission to you?" he asked. I nodded.
"The children are going missing again." I replied. Ciel sighed.
"It's pathetic how these rats plague our streets, even after years of purging them." his breathe was barely visible in the chilly air. I frowned in concern.
"You will get sick if you continue to stay out here." I whispered.  He shrugged and there was a rather loud rumble of laughter coming from inside the shop. I arched an eyebrow and Ciel smirked.
"I think Undertaker is ready to talk now." he said and we went back inside.
The Undertaker was sitting on a barrel of salt, litterally shaking from laughter. Sebastian just stood observing him with a quiet chuckle. Grell was laying rather scandlously on the counter making eyes at Sebastian. I forced my teeth onto my tongue to keep from bursting into a pure jealous rant.
"Undertaker! Tell us where the children are, now." Ciel said, narrowing his eye. Undertaker sighed, his breath puffing his bangs up slightly and I saw a flash of his glowing eyes. Beautiful jade color. I blushed and looked to see if Sebastian saw my sudden excitement. His reddish eyes were narrowed in my direction but he gave me a sly smile when he saw I was looking at him. Of course this  made me blush even further and I didn't hear anything that was said from Undertaker.

Before I knew it, Sebastian was hustling me out of the shop and Grell's high pitched voice was going on and on about my "amazing" gown and fashion sence. I waved a goodbye and he blew Sebastian a kiss.
In the carraige, Sebastian and Ciel discussed the place where the children were being kept.......an old mill that no longer is in use about a half a day away. Ciel ordered the driver to take us back to the mansion to eat luncheon.
"We will eat a meal, and then drive over to the mill. I have a feeling this won't be an easy fight. Millie?"
I looked from the carraige window to my cousin. He had a look of total seriousness and slight irritation.
"Yes, Ciel?"
"Do you think you are ready to fight if the oppirtunity were to arise?" he asked. I nodded.
Since I moved in with Lizzie, we had several fencing matches and she taught me how to sword fight. I proved to be excellant according to Lizzie. This made me proud, and even if I were to be bait, I carried small blade in my sleeve and a short sword at my hip. Of course Ciel probably thinks I am a whimp, him with his pistols and stuff.
"Why yes, cousin I am ready to take arms with you at any moment." I replied. He nodded.
"Good. I don't know what this battle will be against, but we should be prepared."
"You mean who." Sebastian said quickly, holding out his gloved hand. A tiny spider crawled onto it and waved its little legs at him. He squashed it and flicked it out the window.
"Sebastian?" Ciel went white. "Is 'who', who I think it might be?" Sebastian looked at him and shrugged.
"I feel like it is, my lord."
"Who?!" I asked, leaning forward as the carraige lurched to a stop infront of the mansion. We all got out and Sebastian went on to explain who he thought it was.
"But I thought he was dead?" I asked. Ciel shook his head.
"Demons don't die. They are merely sent back to the depths of hell to come back when their tasks are unfinished on Earth." he said. I shook my head and tried to mentally prepare myself for a battle.

♞♘♞♘
We arrived at the mill half passed 2, the sun warmed the air and so I left my shawl in the carraige. Checking the belt around my waist, the sword was a lighter one that Lizzie had given me. Good, it was there, the leather sheath brushed just above my knee. I rubbed my wrist, feeling my blade in the handkerchief.
Ciel took the lead, he walked cautiously, but unafraid. I could sence his confidence and somehow, it made me proud. He paused in front of the mill, staring up at the empty windows. He seemed to be searching for signs of life. Just cob webs and birds nests lined every frame. I saw something in the corner of my eye but my voice wouldn't come past enough.
"YOUNG MASTER!" Sebastian tackled Ciel to the ground just in time as another black clad butler soared down at them from the highest window. Dust flew up around them and I drew my sword, scanning the skies and yard for the attacker.
Slowly the dust settled and Sebastians got to his knees. Ciel was coughing and weezing his complaints.
"Young master, are you alright?" asked Sebastian. Ciel smacked him.
"I was fine Sebastian!" he said, standing to his feet and aiming his gun toward the attacker, who was stalking up slowly. I took in his features as he smoothed a white gloved hand through his black, yet slightly purple hair.
"We meet again Sebastian." he said, adjusting a set of spectacles onthe bridge of his nose. Sebastian stood and brushed the dust from his suit pants.
"You aren't welcome in London, Claude." said Sebastian, stepping forward. I sidled over to the side of the mill, where I could see them through lose boards in the walls and crackled windows. I peaked inside the mill where it looked dusty, rats long gone after taking the flower and other items.
"This isn't in London, now is it?" Claude asked.
"Enough, both of you. Where are the children?" Ciel piped in. I hesitated at a side door before pushing it opened. It grated slightly on the stone floor and I froze, seeing Claude's pale yellow eyes glance at the mill. He seemed to brush it off and looked back at Ciel and Sebastian, shifting his posture.
"The children? You think I cared? I killed them on this spot. I just needed a place to lure your soul." Claude said, his voice filled with amusement. I shifted a box to block the veiw of the stairs.
He's bluffing. He just said that to make Ciel angry and Sebastian uptight.
I slowly made my way down the narrow stairs. It was dark and I stifled a cough, holding my sword in front of me to guard myself from any backup Claude may or may not have had. I could hear something near me. A child? Perhaps, but I had to keep my guard up.
I saw a light in what felt like a forever amount of space away from me where I stood at the bottom of the staircase. I could still hear the conversation in front of the mill.
"I suggest you get your master out of here before I do." threatend Claude. I heard a gunshot and it made me jump farther into the darkness of the room. The sound of the door shutting behind me made me stiffen. The lighting of a match made my nose twitch and I was afraid to turn around.
"Well, well, well...." a female voice came and I felt, rather than heard her breathing on the back of my neck.
"Stop that!" I said, turning quickly. She was tall, light violet hair, dark turquoise eyes and a maid outfit...all purples and shades of grey and black. She smirked at me. Even her thick lipstick was dark purple, and shiny in the match light.
"I am Hannah Annafellows. You may or may not have heard of me." she said, leaning close to my face. My breath caught in my lungs. I was afraid to say yes, because I knew that was a lie. I was afraid to say no, because she might say "then let me show you" and kill me, so I stayed completely still.
"Don't be shy." she said, placing the match inside her mouth, her lustful looking smirk closing around the flame. I whimpered and felt her breath near my ear "I don't bite." her eyes glowed turquoise. I saw a demonic star on her eye and I gulped down my fear to speak.
"You are a demon?" I said, but my voice came out as if I was questioning her rather than making a statement.
"But of course. Unlike Ciel's human backup at his mansion, Claude is wise enough to bring his own demon."
"His demon? So he owns you?" I asked, trying to wil myself to be brave. A sound of distaste came from her and she shifted her feet.
"I am my own demon. Why? Would you like a contract?" she said the last sentence in almost a purr. I tried to step back but ran into a wall or a crate.
"N-no!" I stammered. I stayed still, watching her turquoise eyes blink and narrow. I heard footsteps on the stairs and the door pushed open. It was Ciel.
"RUN!" I yelled and Hannah's hand quickly went to my throat. I gagged.
"Oh, it's you again....Hannah..." my cousin slowly stepped forward, his gun pointed toward her. She quickly held me in front of her.
"Why Lord Phantomhive....we meet again, and I see that it isn't on friendly terms..." she said. Ciel's face revieled how put off he felt.
"For one you have kidnapped a bunch of innocent children." said Ciel, "and number 2, you have my cousin...."
"M'lady!" Sebastian came into the mill and saw me in a choke hold by Hannah. I wasn't being held as tight now but still the pressure on my neck cause quite a bit of discomfort.
"Seb.....Sebas....tian...." I gasped for him. His eyes were glowing red will anger but Ciel held out a hand to keep him from coming to me. Hannah snickered.
"And you, Sebastian....we had fun when we were together now didn't we?" she asked. I squirmed slightly. Sebastian tightened his fists.
"Not the point, you wench of the devil." he replied. I closed my eyes to block out the pain as Hannah dug her fingernails into my throat. Sebastian reached for a knife in his vest pocket but Ciel shook his head.
"Oh look, even you aren't your own demon. Handsome, I got news for you, you are missing out on sweet freedom." Hannah crooned, running her tongue along my cheek. I elbowed her in the stomach even though I knew it was no use.
"I also have news for you Miss Annafellows. I am not a slave to Claude either." said Sebastian. Hannah flinched and pulled out a daggar.
"I'm not afraid to kill her." she said. I whined in fear.
"Please....Ciel...." I begged my cousin to let Sebastian go. But I wondered where Claude was. Was he lurking outside? And if Ciel let Sebastian go, would Claude come up from behind and take my cousin? My own thoughts scared me and I squirmed again.
"Where are the children?" asked Ciel. Hannah nodded to a dark corner of the mill. Ciel advanced toward it. Sebastian lit a lantern and shown it over to the corner. There, in a cage were about a dozen or so children, all huddled up to the bars, reaching through and gasping for help. Tears sprung to my eyes and I tried to swallow.
"Take me instead. " I whispered, "Take the children, set them free." I gasped, glancing back at Hannah, whose face was next to mine.
"Not the worst idea I have heard today." she whispered in my ear, then whistled loudly. I recoiled against the piercing sound, but a shadow in the doorway made me look back up. Claude was smirking, the glare from the lantern on his glasses.
"I will take the wench in payment for the children. I could care less for them." said Claude, running his hand through his hair. Sebastian shook his head but Ciel's answer was both reluctant yet firm.
"It is a deal." he said.Hannah rushed me deeper into the mill. I turned to look back at Sebastian. His eyes longed to free me. But he knew he couldn't....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.8K 3.1K 39
After escaping from your captors you land yourself a job at the Phantomhive Manor as a maid. You've caught the eye of a certain butler but with your...
153K 4.3K 18
This is a Sebastian x Reader story and this is taken place in all of Black Butler. Also I do not own most of the characters or some of the plot they...
292K 4.2K 28
Hey guys if you want to request a story for black butler be my guest i am open to suggestions and don't be shy!
163K 4.1K 26
This is my first story I have ever made. I don't own black butler, or any of there characters. (Y/N) is a beautiful half cat demon, half human. Wonde...