Let's Make A Deal, My King

By YuuMA08

"You...? Cassius...?" I asked the ten-year-old kid who looked exactly like Cassius and he was crying. "Amelia... More

1: Betrayed
2: It's Time To Run Again
3: Caught
4: The King's Aethyraz
5: A Chance
6: Dinner With The Predators
7: A Dream Or A Nightmare?
8: Poisoned Letter
9: Black Magic
10: The Mark And A Date
11: A Great Training Experience
12: Caduta Del Fenice
13: Heads Or Tails
14: His Secret
15: Nothing Beats Procrastination On A Nice Weather.
16: L'angelo Fenice
17: When Something Annoying Comes Up, Another One Appears
18: Possession
19: Instincts Taking Over
Very Important Note
21: The Continuation Of The Book
22: An Attack
23: Rise From The Flames Of Thy Enemy
24: Revealing Secrets
25: Vision
26: A Half-blood's Side-Effects
27: Lazuline's Heir
28: Estra
29: Cupcakes And A Secret
30: Whereabouts and Weakness
31: Uninvited Guest
32: An Anticlimactic Experience
33: Every Second Counts
34: Meeting The First And The Second
35: The Deal
36: Little Carlyle
37: Another Date?
38: Date On Faerie Territory
39: Into The Faerie Kingdom

20: Favorite Handsome Brother Meets Most Handsome Mate

1.3K 56 0
By YuuMA08

Amelia

I contacted Xerxes through FaceTime with the use of Hansel's iPad. A few minutes passed and we finally connected with each other. Xerxes's face suddenly appeared on the iPad and I greeted him.

"Urgh. I really hate using phones. You should really switch to crystal balls now. Ours is ten times more advanced than this thing called phones. Signals aren't needed, the voice is clear as fuck, and not to mention your whole body can be shown in 3-D." he began to complain. Honestly! This guy is too sassy. It made me wonder who's female between us.

"Hi, Xers! I'll skip to the details, Do you still have that picture of the mark? Cause if you did, you'll find a spell written below the mark." I choose to ignore his complain cause if I respond, the talk wouldn't end.

"I already knew about it. Why do you think I've been contacting you a thousand times?" he said angrily. I looked at Hans and Cassius but they avoided their gazes.

"I was out for two days since I fought with the person who was under a spell. I just woke up just now." I told him.

"What the hell Mia?! Did you get yourself in trouble again? Did you switch again?" He yelled at me and I cleared my throat to stop him from exposing me further. He pinched the bridge of his nose frustratingly. Cassius and Hans gave me a confused look but I just shrugged it off.

"That's not the point right now. I need your help undoing the spell." I said and switched the camera towards Zeyd.

"Woah! He looks so messed up right now. I'm amazed that his majesty let him live though." He said. I looked at Zeyd then at Xerxes.

"That's because he's Cassius' right-hand man." His mouth formed an 'O'. "Anyways. Can you help me?" He thought for a while and when he was about to speak, aunt Vargo suddenly appeared.

"La mia bella Amelia! When will you come back? Your uncle Klaus and I missed you very much." aunt Vargo said. (My beautiful Amelia!)

"Zia Vargo, we're kind of in a bad situation right now. Oh! And I miss you too." I said but no one seems to listen on the other line since they are fighting for the phone and Xerxes is losing. (Aunt)

"Mia, I heard you found your mate. Can I see him?" she said excitedly. I took Cassius' arm and pulled him closer to me. When aunt Vargo saw Cassius' face, it's like she has seen a ghost but it was replaced with a smile.

"Now, can I talk to Xerxes?" I asked.

"Oh! No need deary. I'm sending him right there to help you. I already told him what to do. The spell isn't that hard so Xerxes can definitely handle that." she said with a proud tone.

"Do you know any witch by the name Felicita? She's part of the Caduta del Fenice." I asked and she raised a brow.

"Is she somewhat important? If she is, I would have remembered her. She's probably a disposable pawn by that bastard." She said.

"You heard that, so why not undo your spell." I said to Zeyd. He smirked at me but his anger is still visible.

"You'll never bring him back." Zeyd said and I raised a brow.

Is she for real?

"How will your brother bring him back?" Cassius asked from beside me.

"I honestly have no idea but since aunt Vargo was the one who instructed him, it's guaranteed that it will work." I reassured him and smiled.

"The question here is, how and when will he arrive here." Hans suddenly said. I almost forgot that he was here but what he said had a point so I messaged Xerxes about how will he go here. He replied in an instant and my eyes almost popped out at what I read.

"He'll be here in less than an hour, probably thirty minutes, since he's with Calypso." I said and gulped. I somehow feel nervous since I know exactly what he's up to.

******

We'd been waiting for Xerxes outside the old building for thirty minutes already and I immediately got a message from him. I read it and it says that he's already in California and that he's on his way here.

"Who's this Calypso? Is she like a witch that can teleport him anywhere?" Hans asked.

"If Calypso can teleport him, he'll be here in an instant and Calypso is not a witch or a person. She's a private jet owned by the Vampire King's brother, Prince Klaus Iwan Erhardt II, Xerxes' father." I told him and just like that, a jet flew past us, a few meters above us and something fell from it. Or should I say, someone?

Xerxes made a grand entrance by landing on the ground, with his two feet, and destroying it. He dusted off the dirt from his expensive purple suit. Honestly, this guy loves fashion more than anything. I waved at him to gain his attention and he waved back.

"Did Uncle Klaus let you use Calypso?" I asked after I hugged him and he shook his head.

"Nah! He's not home for two days so I took the chance and stole his precious plane." he said. He looked at Hans and then at Cassius. Xerxes eyed him judgingly. Cassius raised a brow at him and gave me a questioning look.

"Xerxes, this is Cassius and Hansel." I introduced them to him. Xerxes gave Hans a normal handshake but towards Cassius, his grip tighten and gave him a warning look. I faced palm at his immaturity. Although Cassius is unfazed about it, this brother of mine exerted even more strength into it.

"Xerxes Dietrich Erhardt, Mia's FAVORITE HANDSOME brother." he said his full name while emphasizing the words 'favorite' and 'handsome'.

"Cassius Pearson, Amelia's MOST HANDSOME MATE." Cassius said while also emphasizing the words 'mate' and 'most handsome'. Okay, I'm used to hearing Xerxes call himself handsome but hearing it from Cassius made me laugh.

"Did you just call yourself handsome?" I said in between laughter.

"Of course, because it's the truth." he said with all seriousness. I blink repeatedly and my mouth formed an 'o'. This time, Xerxes was the one laughing.

"I'm starting to like him already." Xerxes said in between laughter.

"Oh shut up! Let's go now and do your purpose of coming here." I said irritatingly and pushed them.

"Am I even needed here?" Hans suddenly said, gaining our attention. Once again, I had forgotten that he was here.

We went to the dungeons and into the cells where Zeyd is imprisoned. Xerxes inspected him carefully, checking his body for any signs of injury but found none. He took a seat in front of Zeyd but a bit far away from him. He rubbed his chin while he thinks.

"Mom was right. The spell is mediocre that it made me, a half-wizard, feel embarrassed." he said with a sigh.

"How will you return him back to normal?" Hans asked him.

"My mother gave me direct orders on what to do. Are you guys ready to hear what it is?" he said excitingly and I rolled my eyes. Definitely immature.

"Just tell us already," I said impatiently.

"In order to break the spell..." We listened to him intensively as he delayed his sentence to give suspense to it. "You need to..."

"Oh for crying out loud, just tell us already." I snapped and he rolled his eyes.

"You just have to slap him." I blinked repeatedly at what he said. I was silent and so are the rest as I was waiting for the word 'joke' or 'kidding' to be said by him but he was serious.

"Seriously? Slap him? That's it?" I asked him.

"Yeah. I had the same reaction when mom told me that but she was serious though. She said that it isn't even a medium-rank spell. This coward just wanted to save her skin." he explained.

"Oh! But it's not just any ordinary slap though. It needs to be strong enough to separate the soul. Err, and use these gloves mom made." He added and gave me the glove. I really thought that it was only a slap but it turns out, a slap with an enchanted item. Aunt Vargo must have put a spell on the glove that allows them to separate souls.

"So who's gonna slap him?" Hans asked after a few minutes of silence. I smirked and stepped up.

"Me." I looked at the two guys beside me who said the same thing at the same time.

"Excuse me but he hurt me real bad so shouldn't I be the one to slap him to get even?" I said to the two of them.

"I'm his King and he's my subordinate. I have the right." Cassius countered.

"Well, I was the one who knew how to bring him back so shouldn't it be me who'll slap him?" Xerxes said. Xerxes is just finding a chance to slap someone since he finds it amusing.

"You don't even know him." I said to Xerxes and he looked away. This guy just wants to have fun.

"I'll do it." we all turned our heads to see Venus standing with swollen eyes due to crying. I was about to speak when she walked past. She kneel so that she could be on the same level as Zeyd. She held his face and caressed it. "Come back to me." she said and slapped him so hard that it made a cracking sound.

"Ouch. That has got to hurt." Hans mumbled. I had to agree with him though. It will hurt physically and emotionally. Receiving a slap from your mate is like stabbing your heart with a knife. Since even though Zeyd was possessed, he is still conscious and can see everything.

"Venus?" Zeyd said when he recovered from the pain. I thought Ven was going to hug him but instead, she punched him. We were shocked at what she did that we remained silent.

"You're not my aethyraz. Give him back." she said with tears streaming down her eyes. Zeyd became unconscious for a while then he opened his eyes. He sat up and reached his hand to wipe Ven's tears.

"V? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Zeyd said and this time, Ven hugged him and cried harder.

"You said the spell would be broken if someone slapped him." I said to Xerxes and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Slap him or punch him as long as it had a great impact on the brain." he said. Cassius went to unchain him. Hans and Ven went to Zeyd's side to help him stand up.

"Well now that everyone is okay, shall we eat? I'm starving like crazy you know." I said and hold my tummy to prevent it from making any weird noises.

"Well, I'd like to stay and celebrate but I'm on a tight schedule right now and Dad will probably be home tonight so I better return Calypso home as soon as possible before he finds out." Xerxes said and I frowned. He ruffles my hair and gave me a small red box. "Mom's present. Give it to him when the time is right." I took the red box and already knew what was inside. I put it in my pocket and mumbled thanks.

"I bet ten bucks he already knows you took Calypso the moment you left with her. that's why he's rushing home." I said and to think he agreed to the deal.

"Do you really have to go so soon?" I said with a pained expression.

"Sorry, kiddo but I need to investigate this Caduta del Fenice group but I'll contact you from time to time. And besides, that kid probably knew I'm already here so I mustn't stay long or he'll teleport here and neglect his mission." he said and went out of the cells. We followed him out and Cassius and I walked him off a few meters from the borders.

"Take care of my little sister, Pearson. Protect her with your life." he said to Cassius. Cassius smirked at him and draped an arm around my shoulder.

"You don't need to tell me 'cause that's what I'm supposed to do." Cassius replied and Xerxes smiled before leaving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

698K 23.6K 34
THIS BOOK IS COMPLETED but it will be HEAVILY EDITED and have things added to it in the future. I wrote this book when I was much younger. I didn't e...
169K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
315K 10.1K 23
Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to say that I am editing this book and I am making the chapters a little bit longer. If some chapters don't make se...
66.9K 2K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...