The Dancer and the Don | ✔️

By LaurenMGranich

COMPLETED | Francesca grew up in the middle of nowhere, but went on to become a dancer in the world-famous gr... More

The Dancer and the Don - Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
SEQUEL

Chapter 8

12.6K 395 33
By LaurenMGranich

I hope you guys like this one! I'm really excited about where this story is going. 

****

It was completely silent when Fran awoke. This was nothing new, but today felt eerie.

She was terrified. Why?

The memory came rushing back to her as she tried to sit up, then looked at her arm with a slight yelp. It was properly bandaged, but there was a bit of blood seeping through. Why was it so painful? Had a bullet actually entered her arm?

She managed to push through the pain a few minutes later and sat up. Tony wasn't here. What time was it? Her eyes widened as she looked at the clock. She was late for practice! Vira would kill her.

Somehow Fran was able to pull on her sweatpants then a hoodie. As if this day couldn't get any worse, her favorite hoodie was gone from its usual place. She always remembered to put it back after washing it, so that meant someone else had taken it.

Her phone was missing too, but she assumed Nathan had it and headed towards the kitchen for breakfast.

"Mrs. Romano! What are you doing up?" Maran said loudly, causing Fran to jump. Her eyes narrowed.

"Why are you standing outside my door?" The only one allowed in the house was Nathan. That was the compromise she had made with her husband.

"Mr. Romano's orders. I think you should go lie back down, Mrs. Romano." He seemed very nervous and unsure.

"I'm late for practice," she scoffed, brushing past him, "is breakfast ready?"

"Mrs. Romano, I can't—"

"Enough!" She yelled. What was going on around here? "I got shot yesterday, Maran, so unless you want to be the one to give me the explanation as to why I suggest you move."

It worked. After a few seconds of deliberation he moved out of her way. She scowled when he followed her down the stairs.

"Nathan?" She shouted. The man in question came jogging down the hall to meet her at the bottom of the stairs, his face contorted in irritation.

"Maran was supposed to keep you upstairs," he said angrily. She huffed.

"What happened last night? Where's Tony?" Nathan avoided her questions and continued to direct his glare at Maran.

"Would you like breakfast?" He asked after he finally made eye contact with her.

"Isn't it ready? I'm late for practice, usually it's made when I get down here." Her question went unanswered except for the confused glances they gave her.

"Mrs. Romano, it's been—"

"Forget it," she muttered. "I'll make it myself."

She began to step away but was tugged back by Nathan. She yelped and held her injured arm, glaring at him.

"I am so sorry, Mrs. Romano, but there is no practice today. It's been cancelled because of the shooting last night."

"So it was a shooting?" Nathan and Maran shared a confused glance.

"Yes, Mrs. Romano. How much do you remember?"

"I remember plenty, thank you," she scowled, "I just wasn't exactly sure what it was."

"Mr. Romano will be finished momentarily, Mrs. Romano. May I show you to the living room while I cook breakfast?" Why was everyone avoiding explanations? She knew one person who would tell her the truth like always.

Tony.

God, she was so glad he was safe. On the other hand, she didn't know how other people had fared the night before.

She followed Nathan's instructions silently, taking a seat on the couch and ignoring Maran who had followed her yet again. Fran was scared to reach for the remote. What if people were injured, or worse, had died?

She had to face it at some point.

Without thinking about it again Fran turned the television on and clicked on the news station. Sure enough, the theater was staring back at her. Was it even the same theater anymore? Yellow caution tape surrounded it, along with a multitude of police officers mulling about.

Tears gathered in her eyes. The news station started to play a security camera recording of the night before, speaking about what had happened while the video played.

She could easily pinpoint herself, but tried not to watch as she listened to what the reporters had to say.

"Witnesses are saying the Sangue Verde gang could be involved, but no statements have been released by the police. Nine people are dead, including seven security guards and two of the New York Roses. We'll be back with a video provided by their families—" Fran turned the TV off.

Two of her coworkers had died. They hadn't even said how many had been injured. Jesus, that could have been her. She wiped the tears off her face and tried not to sob. She failed.

"Fran? Thank god," Tony walked into the room and she stood to launch herself into his arms. "I love you, I love you," he chanted as he sat on the couch with her on his lap. His arms were too tight around her but right now she could care less. At least his arms were able to be around her. They got lucky last night.

"Did you get hit?" She asked him. He shook his head but let his eyes drift down to her bandaged arm.

"Nathan said you were grazed by a bullet, how are you feeling?" His eyes were searching over the rest of her body.

"I'm fine," she shrugged, "it doesn't hurt that bad."

"Don't lie to me, Fran. Are you in pain?" Should she tell the truth? She didn't want to worry him.

"Fine. Just a little bit. What happened on your side last night? I was so scared." The tears were coming out and Tony was quick to wrap her back up in his arms and coo in her ear.

"It's alright, we're alright, everything will be fine," he assured. He was rocking her back and forth, wishing her whimpering would stop.

"You could have died, Tony, I would have never seen you again," she whispered. He was quick to pull away, place his hands on either side of her face, and stare into her eyes.

"Never. I would never leave you, alright?" She nodded. He had no control over if he left her last night or not. That was what scared her so much.

"Do you have any news on what actually happened?" Fran asked. He sighed and began to rub her back.

"There are some things I need to tell you first, Fran. All I ask is that you keep an open mind," he murmured. Tony tried to peel Fran off of his body, but she wasn't having it.

"Fran, c'mon, just need you to sit next to me baby," those words worked and within the next few seconds she was sitting next to him. Tony clenched his eyes shut when he caught sight of her arm.

"What's wrong? What happened? Is Tate alright?" Fran's questions were only answered by her husband's soft chuckle.

"Tate's fine, sweetheart. He'd be honored you thought of him."

"Yeah yeah," she said with a quick roll of her eyes. Tony grinned, but it quickly fell when he realized he had to keep speaking.

"I don't know how to ease you into this," he murmured. Instead of trying to meet her gaze like he had earlier, his eyes were now anywhere but her.

"Take your time," Fran said and grabbed his hand to soothe him. He carefully took it from her.

"I've been lying to you," he said. His eyes were watching her carefully. Maybe he wanted a reaction? She wasn't sure what was going on.

"Wait," a thought flickered in her mind. She didn't want to say it out loud. "Are you cheating on me?"

"No!" He shouted. Tony cleared his throat and looked her in the eye for the first time in the past five minutes. "I would never cheat on you."

"Alright, then the issue can't be that bad. Just tell me, Tony, get to the point," she said softly. As long as he didn't cheat on her, she could forgive him.

"I love you," he reminded her.

"Tony! Get to the point!" She was trying not to yell but the frustration was growing. Was it really that bad?

"Do you remember when I told you my parents died when I was young?"

"Yes, you said they died when you were a teenager. What is this? Are they alive?"

"No," he assured with a sad smile, "they are long gone. But this has to do with their death."

"Why are you talking in riddles, Tony?"

"Because," he said through clenched teeth. This was it. His marriage was going down the toilet.

"They died because they were the head of Cattivo Sangue... the largest Italian mafia to ever exist."

It hadn't clicked for Francesca yet. She silently awaited more information.

"What does that have to do with anything? With us?" She murmured. Fran was beginning to grow scared of what he was going to say.

"That left me, a fifteen year old kid, in charge. I'm the Don of Cattivo Sangue, Fran."

A nervous chuckle left her.

"If that was meant to be a joke, Tony, it wasn't very funny." Fran was shaking now, but Tony resisted the urge to comfort her. That would only make her angrier.

"It's not a joke, Fran, and I'm sorry you had to find out this way," he said softly. Had the anger not hit her yet? He was confused.

"So what happened last night, that was because...because of..." She couldn't even say it out loud. Was he telling the truth? Or was he messing with her?

"They were after me, Fran," Tony gulped, "and now they're after you too."

****

Let me know what you think! 

Chapter 9 will be out sometime this week (hopefully).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320K 10.4K 35
ARRANGED MARRIAGE MAFIA ROMANCE║ Luciano's arm shot out, caging her. "So you will be the loving wife I was promised?" "Always," Nina replied, and b...
568K 3.6K 13
Join Ava Sophie Marcus on her journey of being the MAFIA DON's wife. Ava is your regular twenty almost twenty-one-year-old girl, she lived with her m...
131K 2.2K 26
Don't Mind the grammar mistakes. It will soon be revised and edited😭 ***** Elena Marie Russo is the Italian mafia princess she was sent away from ho...
549K 14K 71
Looking at myself in the mirror I studied my reflection. I exhaled a long surrendering sigh into the quiet that was my bedroom. I kept telling myse...