This Winter

UnreliableMillennial द्वारा

Ethan Calaway has spent his entire life hopelessly in love with his best friend, Noah Anderson. Due to unfort... अधिक

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Music
New Story

Chapter 29

9.8K 415 33
UnreliableMillennial द्वारा

Senior Year

On Monday I'm returned back to reality and holding onto the memories I made this weekend with Noah.

Coach summons me to his 'office' that morning for a reason I'm unaware of, but according to my English teacher, "It's important."

He's sitting in his desk when I arrive, in the storage closet in his classroom that got converted to an office space two years ago. The slightly janky office is his prize and possession.

A file in his hand as he sits back to prop his feet on the wood desk. When he sees me he smiles, knocking his feet of the desk and resuming to a sitting position.

"Calaway!" He greets with a gruff.

"You wanted to see me?"

He smacks the file on his desk and points to them with his finger. "Several colleges are interested in you."

I grip the straps of my backpack tightly as I question, "Really? How?"

"They saw you play this weekend, and if it's not too late they want to have you," he states proudly and then adds with a sly grin, "You know McKendree University has been following you since Junior year."

"What the fuck," I speak in an outburst- utterly shocked from this news.

He raises his brow at me and speaks sternly, "Language! I can still make you run suicides."

"Sorry Coach," I mutter half-assed as my attentions drawn to the multiple schools requesting more information on me.

"Now McKendree will have you for sure, but some of the other schools just now saw you so they want to arrange a practice with you." He shuffles through the various papers in the file. "That is if you're interested in any of this."

"I- I have to think this over," I say uneasily. My head is practically spinning with this new information.

"I was supposed to tell you about this sooner but I didn't want this to freak you out before states."

"Yeah, no. I appreciate that Coach.. umm thanks," I state, clutching the folder in my hands so tight my knuckles are white.

"Look these over with your Mom and if you're interested in any of them get back to me," he says with a nod.

"Okay," I answer hesitantly.

"And don't be afraid to reach out to other colleges! You're too good to let this go pass you."

"Okay, thanks," and in a daze I leave.

***

I find my usual seat at lunch where Noah and Ashley sit. Although Ashley hasn't showed yet and only the curly haired boy occupies the table- his back facing me.

Still gripping the folders in my hand tightly I slide into the seat next to him. His eyes instantly meet mine and a smile spreads across his face.

"Hey," he greets softly.

In an instant the memories of this weekend flash through my mind and it's everything not to press my lips against his.

It's like he shares the same thoughts as me because a red hue covers his face and he turns away from me quickly. It's as if we regressed to middle school when hormones were raging and conversations were awkward.

With a light chuckle I turn to face the table and hum, "Noah..."

"What?" He replies, hands already in his bag of chips.

"Nothing you're just.." I lower my voice and say, "Cute."

His face reddens more and I catch a glimpse of his dimple as he smiles. My skin is warm and all I want to do is lean into his side...

"I hate Mrs. Duncan," Ashley exclaims, throwing her backpack against the floor and taking a seat in front of us.

"What happened," I laugh at her unusual fiery expression.

"She talks the whole time in math about nonsense and I don't even know what we're doing anymore an- and we have a stupid test on Friday!" She rambles before resting her head into her hands in defeat.

"I'm sure you'll be fine! You're smart," I reason.

"But I suck at math! Specifically pre-calculus," she huffs, "Who made up this nonsense?"

"Well see if you could get a tutor or something," I shrug.

"Like who? Nobody wants to tutor me because nobody I know is good at calculus!"

"Oh."

Lost in thought I try to come up with and idea. Suddenly I'm hit with realization, "Why don't you have Noah tutor you?"

Her eyes widen and she desperately pleads with him, "Oh will you! I could really use help." Her hand reaches to his arm as she begs him with her eyes.

All eyes are now on Noah as he shrinks under the pressure. "Oh uhm.. What's it over I'd have to see.."

"It's pre-calculus and it's the unit circle and stuff."

"Noah's really good at Calculus," I state proudly.

"So do you think you could help me?" She asks pleadingly.

Rubbing his neck softly the blue-eyed boy shifts in his seat before hesitantly responding, "Yeah."

Breathing a sigh of relief Ashley thanks him profusely, "Oh thank you, Noah! Thank you."

"Yeah, just um text me when you want to meet. I'm umm going to get something from the vending machine." And then he excuses himself from the table.

I stare at his retreating figure in confusion. A little confused by his behavior but shake it off- he's probably just a little awkward because of last weekend. Right?

"Is Noah dating someone?" Ashley finally speaks and quickly draws my attention to her.

"Why?"

"I could've sworn I saw a hickey on his neck."

I whip my head around towards his curly head. From a distance I can see discoloration of skin right under his jaw- where he's most sensitive.

A punchable smirk covers my face for a moment as I just barely notice the darker skin from a distance.

"He probably just scratched it," I mutter as I drop the smirk and lower my head from her gaze.

Present

Finding Noah is like a game. The moment my eyes fell upon soft curls he vanished into the crowd.

I found myself traveling room to room in search for ocean eyes in a sea of mourning guests. Wandering through the dark rooms adorned in white flowers for the light Noah carried with him- his presences.

Unfortunately I was losing this game Noah played unknowingly. Maybe it's because his typical glow is overshadowed by the cloud that hangs above his head, it made it harder for me to catch him in a crowd.

I did catch a glance of Mrs. Anderson, curled beside a staircase in the dimmest room. Her frame small and frail as she weeped.

Knees to her chest and her hands clutching her heart as she cried out to no one. Her graying hair seemingly falling from the pins she placed precisely- the Donna I knew would've never let this happen.

I suddenly felt sick and my mind wandered into darkness.

Against the white linoleum I caught the reflection of a figure looming above me. My eyes drifted across the floor until I caught the sight of black laced shoes.

Slowly my eyes moved upwards to catch a sight of the visitor. Eyes meeting blue. Blue eyes that were so similar to Noah's but a coldness Noah's warm eyes lacked.

He stood before me- Kurtis Anderson.

I closed my eyes- suppressing memories that surfaced.

None of this should be happening. It all felt wrong; this is not the reality I know.

My stomach churned at her pitiful state and that same bitterness coated my tongue. In a panic I stumbled backwards- not wanting to stay any longer.

Fast steps backwards and I was almost out of the room. I was far from the mournful woman but not far enough to reach the doorframe when my backside crashed into something... or should I say someone.

Cliff hanger...

Welp,

VOTE AND COMMENT! Xx

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

3K 42 32
Ellison Castaway is counting down the days to the end. He and his dad are suddenly forced to move from their hometown of Las Vegas to Kingsley Islan...
On My Own Time CreativeWriter द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

31.6K 1.6K 38
Diego Santiago was your average teenager. A loving mother, Christina. A great best friend, Max. Amazing and beautiful friends, Sara and Charlie. ...
Reap What You Sow 🌈 Croweater द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

13.7K 1.2K 45
Emilio always despised gay people, doing unforgivable things to them when he was in high school. The tables are turned when he falls in love with a b...
193 18 12
This story is a remake of 'Unexpected Romance'. It's a friends to enemies to lovers Romance. The main characters; Ethan and Noah have known each ot...