Misunderstood [K.P]

بواسطة ponyosmom35

Madison is the younger sister of the well known Salvatore brothers, she has gone through hell and back for he... المزيد

Background Info
Preface
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Epilogue
Prequel
AN

Chapter Fourteen

5.1K 155 43
بواسطة ponyosmom35

Maddie walks into the house with bags of food in her hands for Kai and sets them on the counter and starts to put everything away. Her thoughts were everywhere as she thought about Kai, things with him were great for a few days after they had kissed. He was constantly chasing her around and trying to kiss her, and then when she let him catch her he would shower her with compliments. However three days ago he grew distant and stopped talking to her altogether, the light in his eyes disappeared and he spent all day and most of the night away from her. What Maddie didn't know was that Kai was trying his very hardest to stay away because his urges were back and he didn't want to hurt her. He would leave the house every day and kill himself in order to give a few hours to hopefully come back to his normal self but it never worked. After he jumped off the roof of the grill and snapped his neck he awoke hours later as the sun was setting, all parts of the old him gone, the only thing on his mind was now death. Maddie hums to herself as she realizes the house seems weirdly quiet and she begins to wonder where Kai is like she did every day, she figured he was freaked out by their sudden change in the relationship and needed time to himself and respected that and kept her distance but she couldn't lie, she missed him, it's hard to be away from someone after spending basically every second of the past few months with them. Kai's presence was something she needed in order to keep her sanity and these days without him had been extremely hard. The door slamming signals his return and she smiles.

"kai?" she calls, just then he walks into the kitchen and leans against the wall crossing his arms, his eyes following her every movement as she continues to put the groceries away.

"hi" she says smiling at him happily, she was excited that he was finally showing himself rather than leaving before she could wake up. She missed his face as lame as that sounds.

"hello red" he says pulling out a wooden stake and examining it, she drops the bag of chips he requested last week on the floor and watches him fear bubbling up inside her as he smirks

"what are you doing?" she asks, rather than responding he stares at her as if she is his prey, her heart begins to beat faster as he makes his way over to the counter standing across from her, though she knew if something were to happen she could handle herself he was still extremely intimidating, he towers over her with a smirk across his lips, he slams the stake down onto the table in front of her. She gasps and backs up as he approaches her slowly and menacingly.

"well as you know I am a sociopath who happens to very much enjoy killing, and I've been trying so hard not to kill you because we are the only people here. Don't get me wrong I like you but I can't stop myself anymore. But trust me this is gonna hurt me more than you, I really don't want to do this but I can't stop" he says as if he's fighting himself.

"then don't, you're better than this" she says looking into his darkened eyes, he just smirks and approaches her holding the stake up and rushing at her, she gulps and vamp speed to the other side of the room not very quickly though because she hadn't fed in a while.

"hmm not so fast now are you? you haven't fed in a while so this should be easier than I thought", he runs at her but she is able to catch him and quickly throw him against the wall,  he grunts as fury bubbles inside of him, he recovers and runs at her again and she grabs his arm holding the stake and holds onto his neck with the other, trying to hold him back with her strength.

    "you're gonna have to kill me if you want me to stop" he growls, so she whimpers at the thought lets him go by shoving him across the room

    "this isn't you"

    "you're wrong"

    "Kai I don't want to do this" he rushes at her again and for a moment his eyes lighten back to their normal color

   "kill me!" he yells as his eyes begin to darken again, he holds the stake up

"I'm sorry", she snaps his neck like a twig and he falls to the ground dropping the stake, she quickly grabs the stake and throws it into the fire. Before making her way back into the kitchen where he lays unmoving, she allows tears to fall as he lifts his body and moves him to the coach.  While he is out she cleans everything up and makes it look like nothing had ever happened and finishes putting the food away. Once she finishes she walks over to his unconscious body and sits with him, playing with his hair while she waits for him to come back.

-

After hours of waiting, she watches as his hand twitches and she stands to her feet not knowing which one she'd be dealing with. She watches as he opens his eyes, he looks up at her confused, she sighs not wanting to remember what had just happened either. "what happened?" he says

"you tried to kill me and I had to break your neck" she explains, he then remembers the events and sits up rubbing his neck as the night's events flash through his mind, then he looks at her with a sad face.

"I'm so sorry sometimes I can't control myself and it just happens-" he starts, she had heard enough and cuts him off

"I understand trust me" she says watching as he stands to his feet, she takes a few steps towards him but he steps back instantly making her frown

"you shouldn't be with me. I'm not good enough for you, I'm a sociopath Maddie, I'm a monster. You're not safe with"

"look old-timer if you didn't feel things why would you be sorry for trying to kill me? You're not a sociopath, or a monster you're just misunderstood" she says, growing tired of the way he speaks of himself. He leans down and kisses her gently as she wraps her arms around his neck, his find her waist. After a few moments, Kai pulls her into a tight hug not daring to let her go as he whispers apologies in her ear. He vowed from that day on he would never let his urges get the best of him, he would never hurt her again.

-

For the past week, Kai had been dodging his girlfriend just like before, he didn't want to stay in case he lost control again but he couldn't manage to bring himself to leave her. She had been trying so hard to talk to him but he refused and it killed him to see the look on her face, but it was better this way. He was spending his days at their venting rock talking to the lake as if it would talk back and answer all of his problems.

"I just don't know what to do because I know I should stay away but I can't and it's so freaking frustrating how she can just walk around and basically control me without even trying, like that's my specialty! " he rants

    "Kai" she calls alerting him of her presence a few feet back, he looks up at her and stares for a few seconds before looking back at the scenery

    "do you remember what you said to me a couple of days after I first got here?"

    "you play with your hair when you're nervous?"

    "no"

    "your blushing so hard that it looks like you might explode?"

    "no kai, we made a promise to keep each other sane" she says sitting next to him 

    "kinda hard for you to do that when I've already lost my mind"

    "we're all a little crazy"

"listen I know you came here so you could try and convince me to come back with you and playhouse in this empty prison world but it's not gonna happen because I'm not stable. I can snap and easily hurt you if I lose control. I don't care about you take a hint" 

"well if you're gonna leave then you should just kill me now because I can't be here alone" she says, his head snaps over to her direction and he frowns as he hadn't considered that she would also be alone.

    "no I'm not gonna kill you"

    "why because you care about me?" she asks

    "no!"

"Kai I'm not staying here by myself after everything so you will either stay here and let me help you or kill me" she says picking up a piece of wood from behind her and holding It out to him, he stares at it in shock

    "I'm not gonna kill you end of discussion" 

    "but you're leaving?" 

    "yeah"

    "ok then I guess I'll just do it myself" she says standing and holding the wood above her heart 

    "what are you doing?" he yells angrily taking a step forward, she steps back as tears fill her eyes

    "I can't live alone for all of eternity, so If you think that leaving is the best thing go, don't worry about me I promise I'll be ok. I just want the best for you and if this is what you want then go" 

    "Maddie please hand me the stake"

    "I can't do this Kai I'm going insane! you promised it would get better but I'm suffocating! After everything please just let me go in peace" she yells holding the stake tighter as tears fall down her eyes.

    "please don't do this!"

    "my emotions are ripping me apart I can't keep going on like this"

"I'll help you, please just let me make you happy, I promise I'll never stop trying to make you happy just put the stake down. I'm so sorry for everything I've done to hurt you, I would do anything to take it back. But just please don't leave me" he pleads stepping closer to her before snatching the piece of wood out of her hand and throwing it into the water. 

    "why did you stop me? I thought you were a sociopath who doesn't care about anybody or anything?" 

    "I care about you and only you Maddie" he admits feeling a weight in his chest as she collapses into his chest with tears falling down her face. 

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.5M 41.3K 32
{Book 1} Cassidy Gilbert and Damon Salvatore were no more than a second too late to return from the other side in the midst of its collapse, doomin...
14.8K 609 35
Emily Ashworth is just getting settled into college, making new friends, when all of sudden her entire life changes. Who would have thought, the town...
68.2K 2.6K 58
She expected Mystic Falls would bring her a fresh start and peace of mind. Instead, she was tossed headfirst into a supernatural world that would rev...
2.8K 101 19
𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟹 𝙿𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍, 𝙾𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚘𝚗 '𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤, 𝐰𝐡�...