10 Things I Hate About You...

By honestlyamazing

"People perceive you as somewhat..." "Free-spirited? Aggressive?" "Heinous b*tch is the term used most often... More

Intro
I need to learn Occlumency, because I can't get you out of my thoughts.
We may not be in Professor Flitwick's class, but you sure are charming!
Wow, when I said "Accio hottie", I didn't expect it to work!
Did you survive Avada Kedavra? Cause your drop dead gorgeous.
Wanna go manage some mischief together? I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.
Are you a basilisk? Because when I caught sight of you, I froze.
Did you make me your horcrux? Because my heart stopped when I met you.
Your smile is like Expelliarmus. Simple but disarming.
Being without you is like being afflicted with the Cruciatus Curse.
You must be magical, because I've fallen under your spell.
Did you just use the stupify charm or are you a natural stunner?
If you were a Dementor, I'd become a criminal just to get your kiss.
I might as well be under the Imperius curse, because I'd do anything for you.
Are you a Dementor? Because you just took my breath away.
You're the only thing I need in my Room of Requirement.
Without you I feel like I'm in Azkaban and dementors are sucking away my soul.
THE END

I must have had some Felix Felicis, because I think I'm about to get lucky.

1.3K 48 14
By honestlyamazing

"I have a plan." announced Regulus, sitting down next to Frank at the Slytherin table.

"Oh god, you still haven't given up on the Bianca thing? Honestly she's a little out of your league. And she's in 6th year, idiot." Frank said, stuffing a muffin in his mouth.

"Who are you calling idiot? You thought lumos was a french pastry. And I heard she needs a Potions tutor, and I signed up! It's the perfect plan."

"Except you don't know potions. You're Slughorn's least favorite student."

Regulus frowned at Frank, noticing that crumbs had somehow gotten into his chestnut brown hair. "I can learn. I checked out the textbook from the library. How hard can it be?"

"Do you not want me to bring up the time your potion came alive and attacked poor Molly Prewett?"

"One time, Frank, once."

"Ok..." Frank said. "But there was another time your potion exploded. And another when it smelled so bad we had to evacuate the classroom. And-"

"Yeah, yeah I get it. But you'll see. This is the year."

Meanwhile, at the Gryffindor table, Bianca, Marlene, and Lily were having a very profound conversation.

"I've finally learned the true meaning of love. I like my Gryffindor scarf but I love my new ruby butterfly clips. Don't they go well with my new perm?" Bianca sighed contentedly. She had actually found them in a dusty drawer in her father's study and they were most likely not actual rubies, but Lily didn't need to know that.

"Yeah... but I love my Gryffindor scarf!" Lily says, defensive.

"Yeah, but you don't ruby butterfly clips to show your house pride. They're exactly like the ones that famous singer wore. You know, Celestina Warbeck?" Bianca stated.

"Oh. You totally do!" Lily said, eyes wide. Bianca smiled at her friend and twirled her hair, well aware that a certain pair of eyes is watching her.

"Yeah. Of course you look gorgeous with you new hairdo, Bianca." Marlene says.

"Guys look! James is looking at me!" Bianca squealed, making both Marlene and Lily annoyed.

"James?" Lily said, crestfallen.

Just down the table, James Potter was, in fact, staring intently at Bianca. Marlene frowned, clearly jealous. Bianca was always the one guys were chasing after.

"Oi James! You're drooling." teased Sirius Black. James frowned and elbowed him while his other friends, Peter Pettigrew and Remus Lupin, just laughed.

"I'm just thinking. Bianca is pretty much the most popular girl at Hogwarts, I'm the most popular guy-"

"Second to me, of course." Sirius cut in, making Remus chuckle. "You all know it's true."

"So? You're gonna nab her?" Peter giggled, not so subtly glancing at Bianca.

"Obviously." James says, straightening his tie confidently. He was trying his best not to blush. He hadn't felt this way about anybody, not since a certain Gryffindor (Hint: her name started with L).

"I don't know if you can, Prongs." Remus says. "She's under some sort of dating ban."

"Yeah I heard that too. But there's plenty of other babes at this school." Sirius said, winking at another one of his ogling admirers.

"Don't doubt my ability." James scowled.

"You couldn't get with Lily last year." Peter muttered. James' scowl deepened and Peter squeaked. "Sorry."

"You'll all be eating you words." James said, surveying his friends.

"Be my guest then, Prongs." Sirius smiles motioning to Bianca.

James ran a hand through his already disheveled hair and walked over to Bianca. "Hey ladies."

"Hey James." Lily said breathlessly, trying to get his attention. James didn't even glance at her.

"Hey." Bianca said with a flirty smile.

"What's going on?" James asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Nothing much." Bianca replied with a sweet smile. Her green eyes met his brown ones and she blushed.

"Chill. So, Hogsmeade?" James asked. Bianca giggled and pretended to think about it. Sure, they hadn't talked much and she barely knew him, but it was James Potter. There was no way she was saying no.

"Why was he flirting with me all of last year if he was just gonna get with someone else?" Lily whisper-shouted to Marlene.

"I don't think Bianca's interest-" Marlene starts but she's cut off.

"I'll think about it." Bianca smiled, not noticing Lily deflating by the minute and Marlene wrinkling her nose.

"I'll take that as a yes. See you later, sweetheart." James grinned, blowing her a kiss as he turned away.

****

Later at the library, Regulus realized he might've made a mistake as he struggled to help Bianca with her Potions essay.

"You should probably write a paragraph about pixie eggs. They have an important role in sleep medicine." Regulus said, trying to sound confident. He wished he had brought the textbook with him.

"I... don't think those exist." Bianca responded, glancing up at him and looking confused. She straightened the red butterfly clips in her golden hair, and continued writing. Regulus couldn't help but think about how good she looked in her Gryffindor robes. Red was definitely her color. Then he realized he had to respond.

"Um... right. I meant pixie... teeth?" he said fiddling with his green tie. Merlin, he should have read the textbook more in depth. But, hey, at least he was finally talking to Bianca.

"I don't think that's the right answer..."

"Oh, um, of course." Regulus said. Their eyes met again and he was too lost in her brilliant greenish-blue eyes to remember anything from the textbook he had read that morning. He couldn't decide if they looked more like the ocean or jade.

"Oh, look at the time. I think we should be done for the day. I heard Lucius is going to breakup with Narcissa before dinner. They're probaly fighting near the Great Hall as we speak." Bianca said starting to pack up.

"Listen Bianca, I know the Hogsmeade trip isn't for a while, but I was, um, wondering..." Regulus took a deep breath and asked "Do you want to go with me?" He tried not to act nervous but his leg continued to bounce as he waited for a response.

"Awww are you asking me on a date? How cute. What's your name again?"

"It's Regulus. But never mind." he said quickly. He began packing up his stuff.

Bianca wanted to laugh at first and tell him she was already going with James Potter, if she went at all, but then a plan came to mind. She batted her eyelashes and licked her lips. She leaned closer to the fidgeting boy. "Wait, um Reg. Can I call you Reg? My dad came up with this dating ban thing and I can't date until my sister dates. But I don't know, maybe you could take care of that? You are pretty smart. And if you find someone for my sister, then we could possibly go to Hogsmeade together."

"O-of course! I'll take care of it. Don't you worry." Regulus promised. He ran a hand through his short hair. "Plenty of people like a challenge right? It'll be like extreme dating."

"You'd do that for me, Reginald?" Bianca says touching his arm.

"It's Regulus and it's really no problem. I'll look into it. I'll keep tutoring you until then?"

"I guess so." sighed Bianca, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "See you later, Reg."

Regulus was too shocked to respond. He was more than ecstatic that he might have a chance with the girl of his dreams. But when he told Frank, Frank was much less ecstatic.

"How? What? Why?" Frank spluttered, collapsing on a stiff emerald couch as soon as they entered the common room. His brown eyes were widened in shock.

"I had to agree. It's Bianca."

"You bloody idiot. Salazar, how are you gonna get out of this one?"

"We'll just find a guy for the other Stratford and boom! I get a date with Bianca!" Regulus said, pacing in front of Frank.

"You do realize who the other Stratford is? We're talking about Kat. Everyone's afraid of her! And trust me, she will not be easily charmed."

"There has to be someone who isn't. Someone who can charm her."

"Nobody. You're screwed."

"C'mon! This is my only shot with Bianca. We've got to think of a solution."

"How could you drag me into this? Honestly-" Frank paused. "Wait! I got it!"

"What?!" Regulus grinned and stopped pacing.

"Black."

"Yes, I know my last name."

"No, not you. You really are an idiot. Your brother, though, he'd be perfect. You've got to admit."

Regulus looked up at the eery green lamps hanging from the dark ceiling and considered the idea. His brother was a Gryffindor, which was basically treason in the Black family. Sirius had left home, and had not bothered to keep in contact with his younger brother. "You know I don't really like Sirius very much. Also he would never do that for me."

"Yeah, but it's Bianca! You said it yourself."

"He'd only do it if I paid him. And I don't have the money. My parents aren't exactly pleased with me right now, you know that." Regulus bit his lip. He had resisted getting the dark mark for another year and got hit and scolded constantly for the decision. But he didn't want to think about his forlorn home life while at Hogwarts.

"Hm... who's rich and can be easily manipulated." Frank mused.

"Oh! Sirius's friend! Potter! He's like the heir of some multi-million dollar company. And he's best friends with my brother so he might do it for free."

"There's the schemer I know and love. But how are we gonna trick him into paying Black to date Kat?"

"I mean... unless he's in love with Bianca..."

"Reg, every guy at Hogwarts is in love with Bianca Stratford."

"Even you?"

"Nah, she's not my type. Kinda conceited." Frank said quickly.

"She's not conceited! She's actually pretty sweet..." Regulus defended.

"Alright. We can corner Potter together during breakfast tomorrow."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

480K 12.8K 48
"You, an actual Gryffindor, fancy a Slytherin? My goodness! A Gryffindor and a Slytherin? That's absurd! Sinful almost!" ...
2.2K 294 21
𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥. 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞...
1.9M 120K 104
{𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟮} It all started with a kiss. Or better say, everything ended with a kiss. What Jenna Potter thought was going to lead her to a beautif...
1.7M 65.5K 64
When the Marauders fight, fangirls cry and teachers take a breath of fresh air. "You don't mind, me sitting here, do you?" I looked up and found my...