Dangerously Delicious

By nerdyflirtykari

Filled with street smarts and book smarts, Arianna Lincoln reached her dream of owning her own restaurant. Re... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.

14.

29.7K 1.2K 646
By nerdyflirtykari

Raizon

I couldn't sleep after leaving her room last night. I felt like a fucking prick addressing her so coldly after acting so..... so caring to her. Truth be told it wasn't an act. It was real. It took everything in me yesterday from not rushing to her room when the alert went off. Second hand news of her panic attack, the doctors visit and getting out of bed met me in the training room on the ground floor. My way of de-stressing was doing combat training.
It didn't do much till I went to see her last night.

Looking into the mirror of my bathroom, I saw the face of a monster.
Hearing her talk about unable to remember what happened to her brought me back to reality and away from the unforgettable moment we fell into. It felt wonderful to have her body against mine, to feel her chocolate skin against my slightly tanned one. Her eyes. Her dark brown eyes framed by those thick lashes caught me by the heart strings.

I fear when she hears who I truly am and how involved I got her friends in this business, she will see me as the monster I am. She will leave me before I actually got the time to have her as mine.
Fixing my messy hair, I took one last look at my self in the mirror and left my room. Walking down the hall of my wing, I can hear Vinny excited barks and her laughter mixed in between. Stepping onto the stair case, I looked across the platform and spotted her being escorted down the left wing stairs by Gio. Dressed in a red and white flowered sundress and a black vans, she was simply beautiful. No make up, unruly curls and glowing skin, Arianna was a natural beauty.

"Morning boss. I'm about to escort Miss Lincoln to your office. The boys will be here in thirty minutes. Breakfast in the sunroom or your office?" Gio asked helping Arianna stand up as we spoke.

I was about to address her by the pet name but she smartly cut me off. "Mr. Delacourde do you think I will be able to just get some fresh air before they arrive?" She asked boldly.
Her question gave me mixed feelings but her raised chin and determined eyes brought my amusement out more. A smile twitched on my lips as I got closer to the two and absentmindedly greeting Vinny.

"Traitor," she whispered under her breath when the pit sat at my feet.

"Gio. Please tell Dion I will have my breakfast in the sunroom and a light snack of fruits or juice for Miss Lincoln. It will be an honor to finish her escort," I said offering my arm to her.

"Certainly, sir," Gio said. I can hear the amusement in his voice as he placed her hand in the crook of my arm. Not once did I avert my gaze from hers. She still held that stubborn look on her face, the smile on my face grew wilder. I wasn't afraid to be open with her, she will be the only one to see my weakness. I don't know why I just made that rash decision when I know in an hour or so she will hate me.

"Shall we, Kitten?" I asked.

She took a deep breath before answering. "I prefer Arianna or Miss Lincoln, Mr. Delacourde. Pet names are for personal friends which we are not," she said sharply.

If you want a man to hurt, let a woman with a sharp tongue do the dirty work.
Her statement made the smile from my face fall and my heart drop.

"You're right. I'm sorry..... Arianna. We should go to the sunroom now," I said softly. The walk to the sunroom was quiet. In my peripheral, I saw how she took in her new environment without a comment and eyed my men carefully. In or out of the house, they are all fully armed, an attack can come anytime of day, one must always be ready. She made no comment with the guns nor the way the maids who averted their eyes away from us.
Reaching the room I quickly seated her and retrieved a cushion to place behind her back. Curious eyes as a cat, she followed my every movement till I was seated before her and right in line of her sight. I watched as her eyes flickered over my face then my sides. Knowing what she was looking at, I removed my holster and placed the guns on a nearby chair.

"You didn't have to do that," she said aloud.

Shaking my head, I began my breakfast giving her quick glances under my eyelashes. Arianna's attention was caught on many things. From the guards at around the compound, the dogs at their sides and the opulence of my family home. The double doors of the sunroom gave view to the gardens and the sprawling backyard.
"Does being the head of the Delacourde empire require so much security?" She asked taking a sip of her juice.

"Yes. For the whole family and their closest friends," I answered.

"Really? I've never seen one of those men around me. You sure about the friends part?" She asked with so much sarcasm.

"Then they are doing their job," I returned. She narrowed her eyes at me and I was trying very hard not to laugh.

"When Gianni told our father of his new best friend who needed protection,  he had you checked out and placed guards under Gianni's command to keep you safe," I added.

"Wow."

She stayed quiet for a moment then spoke. "Can you answer my questions now?"

"Don't you want to wait on the guys?" I asked wanting to stall a bit.

"I guess I should, since Stephen was attacked also. I'm here, at your home for the time being, so I guess knowing you better should be my priority. I've only heard about you, never saw you. So let's start the 20 questions," she replied.

I stayed quiet and focused on my meal. "You're doing it again," she continued in a sing song voice.

"What do you mean?"

"Your whole demeanor changed when the subject of the attack came up and about yourself. What are you hiding?"

I was truly surprised by her perception after meeting me for a few minutes. In truth, I was worried about her reaction.

"There's a lot for you to take in and from the moment I met you, I wanted to keep you away from the other side of the Delacourde empire. You left an impact on me that had me on full defensive mode," I started.

"Did you know who I was at the club?"

"Not a the club per say. When Gio returned from escorting you home......"

"Escorting me home? No one escorted me home," she interrupted, confusion coating her features.

"I had him and a few guards make sure you reach home safe. It was late at night," I answered. Her features soften, her eyes was on me and only me. "That's how much of an impact you had on me. When Gio returned and told me your name, the pieces just came together. You have this innocence that I knew can never be tainted so.... I left the country to avoid any temptation in going to you," I continued.

"Tainted by what, Raizon?" She pressed. My name on her lips eased my anxiety a tad bit.

The sound of chopper blades coming closer interrupted me. She turned her attention to the skies then back to me. "The guys?" She asked softly. I answered her with a nod of my head. Rising to my feet and holding her gaze, I approached her and helped her up to her feet.
"Have an open mind in what we are about to tell you," I said to her before placing a soft kiss on her cheek. I froze by my actions and she did too, there was no awkwardness. She welcomed the affection and I felt right doing it.

The chopper was closer now and a few minutes to landing. Helping her onto the balcony, we watched as the chopper performed its landing lower down the compound. With her hand wrapped around my arm, I placed my own above hers, earning her attention. "It's bad isn't it? I can tell that you're nervous. Nervous about my reaction," she said bringing her body closer to mine.

"Because there are things in life that are deal breakers for future decisions. Since you've been shot, I felt guilty because it's part of my world that changed your life in a blink of an eye. You deserve the truth, ki.... Arianna," I said placing my lips against her temple.

"Why meeting you has to be so complicated?" She asked. I wonder if she's aware how close our bodies are. How perfect her hand in mine felt. It all felt natural to show affection to this feisty woman.

"My life is built on complicated," I replied with a low chuckle.

We watched on as a golf cart drove up to the chopper and took note of Michael stepping out then turning to help Stephen out. "I'm a bit tired," she muttered.

"Do you want to take a nap or just need to lay down?" I asked looking down at her.

"Lay down," She answered. Without asking permission, I scooped her up in my arms with a shocked shriek escaping her. "I'm sorry," I chuckled. We both found ourselves lost in each other's gaze with smiles on our faces, making the upcoming conversation even more dire. Maybe she will look pass it and maybe, just maybe we'll be alright. I carefully carried her to my office and placed her on the chaise lounge that usually doubles as my bed for late nights.

"This is my office," I announced, looking around just as she did the same.

"Whoa. CIA much," she commented when she spotted the wall of security videos.

"I like to be aware of my surroundings. There are the boys," I pointed out to the deck. Stephen and Michael we're leaving the golf cart and making their way up the stairs.

"You're different to the person G told me of," Arianna said breaking our silence. I found myself going to her side and propping her up to a comfortable position then kneeling beside her.

"Cold. Unfeeling. Harsh."

"Yeah," she whispered.

"Still am most of the time but around you, I encounter emotions I don't understand and feel extremely vulnerable," I continued.

"That's why you shut down last night and became a jerk in less than 0.5 seconds," she quipped with arch of her eyebrow.

"Observant woman," I muttered leaning forward to kiss her cheek. I found that new action to be my favorite thing to do, after my first impulse to do so on the sunroom balcony. This woman was making me do things I don't understand.

"Do you feel it too?" She asked softly, keeping me close to her. I can hear the apprehension in her voice as she asked me that question. I can't lie to her, I agreed to just let it all go when it came to her.

"The pull?"

"Yeah," she replied swallowing loudly.

"Since I first met you," I whispered against her cheek. I was happy of the confirmation, I wasn't crazy.

"You can call me kitten now. I just wanted to get back at you for that shit you pulled last night," she said with a grin on her face. A laugh escaped me and once more I was amazed how just being in her presence I felt lighter and was laughing more.

"Are you always this forward?"

"Yup."

I was about to say something when two knocks sounded at the door. My eyes met hers, "I want you to be honest with me after you hear everything. Alright?" I said kissing her cheek once more.

"I will," was her reply before I left her side. I adapted to my cold facade before opening the door. Let's see how this goes.

Arianna

It was like a switch. In the blink of an eye, Raizon was now stoic and cold, literally unfeeling. Even if he was dressed as a freaking model, you can feel his power without knowing his name or position. His eyes showing nothing but coldness. He rounded his desk and pressed a button below it before sitting in the large black chair. I moved my gaze from the man who now has me on edge to my friends who were coming through the door. I first acknowledged Stephen. Getting up from the lounge, I stumbled over to him and gave him the biggest hug I've ever given. I didn't want to let him go. "I thought I lost you," he whispered against my shoulder, holding me tighter. Tears I didn't know I held, rolled down my cheeks. Giving me a kiss on the head, he turned me to Michael.
"Not letting you two out of our sight again," he commented before pulling me into a hug.

Weird.

Hugging Michael felt weird. Same warmth but the feeling was different. He probably sensed it also, something we shared and our friends thought it creepy. We can sense each other's emotions at the drop of a hat and be completely correct.
He chuckled lightly and pulled away from me. "It's already happening," he muttered.

"Hey Ray. Sorry I haven't...... it will take some time," Gianni's voice filtered to my ears. Looking over Michael's shoulder, I saw Raizon standing before a large tv with Gianni on the screen.

"It's understandable. I'm sorry it had to be this way, but first, your friends are here," Raizon said going into a corner.

"There's my baby doll. I'm so happy you're awake. I'm sorry I'm not there, sweetheart. It's a whole lot of shit going on," Gianni said with a nervous smile. I walked around Michael and sat on a chair closer to the screen taking note of my best friend's expression and how quiet the other two are behind me. I caught Raizon's momentary look of worry before he covered it up once more. No one said a word which annoyed me greatly, so I asked the one person who seem to be the one who knows more.

"Raizon? Now will you tell me?" I asked keeping my eyes on him. When he turned to me, everything was bared on the table for me to see. He was apprehensive in telling me by the way he was shifting his body and the look of regret in his eyes.
I heard a disbelieving curse from Michael behind me and a low whistle from Stephen but for some unexplained reason I can only focus on Raizon truly.

"The Delacourde family five generations back has been leaders of the underground in Paris and Italy. To the people who serves and fears us we are the Mafia. We had our own laws, own justice and own ways of making our own money for us and our community. The family was respected though it brought many bloodshed to gain that respect. Over the years, we surfaced and built legal businesses to get the cops of our backs. With each generation, money grew, power in both underground and 'the right way of life' grew. With all of that, growing enemies surfaced every where. Guns, drugs, women you name it we've dealt in it but we have a code to live by.
The Delacourdes now rule Paris, Italy, London and the entire east coast of the US. We have Russian ties and in a few Latin countries but only use them when needed. Favors are asked by people in high society even cartels and low ranked gangs.
One man in particular thought himself bigger than us, all but demanded our services to get rid of one of his problems."

Raizon paused for a moment and looked at me. I don't know what he was looking for but it seems like he found it.
I was intrigued by their family background yet a bit frightened. As he said blood had to be shed to gain respect and power even more so.

"This man contacted my father when we were in Paris. Father left me at our family castle while he went to work. I was three but knew what was considered work for the family. The job was to execute the occupants of a specific address. The cover up - a home invasion. We have a law to leave women and kids out of our jobs and world." His last statement was emphasized, I recalled his similar words to me in the sunroom. My heart sank at the prospect of his stance on us.

"His reason for the execution was swindling of funds, falsifying records and unlawful use of position. We were led to believe it was a man from his staff was living at the address given but father did his own digging and found out the truth. Giselle Calleri was his secretary for two years. Father was angry that the man wanted him to taint his name. An execution turned into a rescue mission. Father went to Giselle where she confessed every thing and was saved. He brought her back to Paris and told me she will be my new mother.
Few months later, I was holding a little brother. Gianni."

"How much is a few months we're talking about here?" I asked.

"6-7 months. The man who hired father is my biological father. Douglas Monroe was a high court judge at that time. He raped my mother for months, threatening to jail her himself if she reported the assault. He was a judge with far reaches. No one will believe her claims. When she found out that she was pregnant, mother told him in which he fired her immediately. The hit came a few weeks after," Gianni interjected.

"Hold the fuck up," I shouted. This whole moment of truth was sounding like a highly watched crime-drama.

Raizon was surprised by my outburst, the boys stayed silent, knowing I needed time to process all of this from Mafia Kings to crooked judges. The latter is more rampant than anyone can ever think of.

"Mr. Ren isn't your real dad?" I asked Gianni to clarify.

"No, found out a few days ago," he said quietly before scrubbing his face harshly.

"And you're practically a Mafia King. The whole omertà, sleep with the fishes, cut your tongue out shit?" I asked Raizon. His eyes were now wide in disbelief with how frank I was.

"That's our Ari," Stephen said behind me with a chuckle.

"Yeah. Basically all of that and more minus sleep with the fishes part. We got hogs for that. Bodies tend to resurface with currents in the harbor," Raizon replied sitting at the edge of his desk.

"Your mom. Miss Giselle was saved by Mr. Ren, the former Mafia king who's empire do both legal and illegal business which you two now controls. I got that part. I can handle that somewhat. Now how is Stephen and Mikey involved in all of this and where do I come in?" I asked.

"Monroe is going for senate. His records has to be clean, no loose threads. Recently, I had to do three clean ups. Since father's death I've been keeping an eye on him. Stephen and Michael joined the ranks at eighteen, they're now foot commanders along with Gianni meaning they have their own sector to rule over and own men to command. You being their closest friend, word will go out to our enemies that you're...." Raizon began. He cleared his throat and began to pace in front of me.

"That I will be an easy target," I ended for him. Realization settled in my mind and memories of the boys over protective behavior and changing of venues, even choosing of venues for dinners or whatever we want to hang out. The check up calls, the cancelling of plans last minute or during our meetups. I brushed it off as them being CEOs to their own companies.

"So late night meetings and all that cut and run on me over the years weren't CEO business alone?" I asked them.

Gianni shook his head 'no', turning to the boys they too shook their heads. I focused in on Michael. "My 21st birthday? All three of you? My parents' anniversary? My restaurant opening?"
With each query, the guilt manifested more in their eyes. Their absence did hurt me badly even when I believed that their company was to take first place. I needed them the most for the anniversary of my parents' death but they weren't there. Carter was there for me but I wanted my best friends even more. At that moment I wanted scream and cry in anger but I couldn't. Should I? I've always placed myself below their companies, I guess now I'm below Mafia business. I had no right to demand more. I'm just a friend.

"Whose attention they wanted so badly that they wanted to kill me?" I asked keeping my eyes away from them.
God knows I wanted to be mature about all of this but it hurts. It really hurts. I bypassed the whole lying about their real identities because it was understandable but being involved in the Mafia with my being in danger 24/7 wasn't something to keep a secret. Good intentions or not. I deserved to know.

"The family's," Raizon answered.

"Why? I am..... well I was oblivious to it all," I returned.

"Monroe wants us all gone. I have information to bring him down and he has intel now on Gianni's closest friends to try my hand in giving up that information. Also I believe his plan is to execute each member of our circle to keep his secrets safe. Even if he has to kill his own son," Raizon replied once again. This time, the warmth I grew to like in his voice was gone. This was the man Gianni told me about. Now I knew why. His whole persona was of power, not only as head of the Delacourde Empire but a Mafia king.

"He's the reason why I'm here instead of the hospital like normal people?"

Don't cry, Ari. Stay strong. Don't ever let them see you weak. Not even the men you considered family.

"He tried two more attempts on your life to get the point across. I believe his third was being an egotistical cunt," Raizon said coldly.

Three times?

They tried to kill me just to prove a point?

To gain information?

Information I knew nothing of?

I felt myself rising to my feet and walking towards the door. I wanted out. I couldn't face them. Michael approached me from the side, I saw him in my peripheral and stopped him with a raise of my hand. Turning the door handle it wouldn't budge, I tried again, it was still locked. The panic was building I had to get out, get away from them now.

"Raizon unlock this door now," I screamed placing my head against the door. The click of the door made me breathe easier. Before leaving the room I asked one last question.

"Any more secrets I should know about?"

"Not from us, baby doll," Gianni answered.

"Am I a fucking joke to you all?" I yelled over my shoulder. I know I couldn't take anymore revelations but I wondered who will keep a secret from me besides the boys. I was 200% sure they saw the tears I tried to keep at bay silently rolling down my cheek. Using what little strength I had left, I walked away from the office and struggled to find the main staircase. Stubbornly, I refused help from the guards who held genuine concern on their faces for me. For an inkling of a moment, I questioned their actions.

That's when I felt him.

I struggled to get out of his arms but I only ended up causing pain to myself. Silently I cried into his chest as he brought me to my room.
Expecting him to leave me in the ante-room, he surprised me by going as far as my bed and gently placed me on it. Sobbing harshly, I watched on as he removed my shoes and placed a thin blanket over me.

"They did it to protect you," he said as he dried my tears.

"And I still got hurt. I call them family, Raizon. They should of said something or hint. Shit, a simple just because card would of done the trick. This .... this Mafia side of them, of you. Well, you're THE mafia...... I gotta...."

I stopped my ramblings and finally took him in. He looked so broken though he tried not to show it. Here is this well known cold hearted man by word, sitting on my bed comforting me.

"A month after meeting you, I asked Michael to find you," I confessed.

"What?"

"I just wanted to meet you again and see where fate will lead us. I wanted to ask you out and see where we will go but I prepped myself for your denial. If we met again, like normal people what would have been your answer to my date request?"

My heart was thundering waiting for his answer.
"I will be fighting with myself as you await on my answer. Right and wrong will be battling in my mind even when I know my heart, the same heart I didn't know I had, chose the wrong path," he answered placing his lips on my fingers.

"What's the wrong path?" I asked with a crack in my voice.

"To say yes to you, to not letting you go. I'm still getting used to these emotions you make me feel but I'm not letting you go. What I will do is give you time. You're hurting now and understanding just what the fuck is going on but please know you got your three friends protecting you and myself who will fucking kill for you. Already dealt with them all and will do it again if I have to. Just think about everything we told you. You have more questions, we will answer," he replied kissing my hand and keeping it against his lips.

The innocent affection he was giving me and with him saying he's now understanding it all brought tears to my eyes again.

"Thank you Raizon," I whispered.

"You're welcome,Kitten," he returned.

I had a lot to think about and a lot to understand, not just about the events that led up to the shootings but my future. I was still wrapping my head around the new diet and stuff now my life basically involves the Mafia now.

The craziest one out of all is I am now in fact crushing on the Mafia King.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 6.2K 30
"Open the door. Open the fucking door. Aight, just remember I ain't want it to go down like this." Before I could even fully process his statement a...
92.5K 1.4K 60
I lean upwards towards his ear breathing softly. "your mean." I murmur as I swallow a whine he clearly heard. His delish smirk appears "No" he shake...
616K 13.6K 67
{book two of the Gang love series} * I got pulled into an empty classroom and a pair of hands covered my eyes. "Guess who?" he whispered into my ear...
196K 11.1K 69
Copyrighted 2020 "Piccolina, don't give me that look." Leo's accent became thicker, more rugged as he spoke. He pressed Carmin against the door, quic...