10 Things I Hate About You...

By honestlyamazing

"People perceive you as somewhat..." "Free-spirited? Aggressive?" "Heinous b*tch is the term used most often... More

Intro
I must have had some Felix Felicis, because I think I'm about to get lucky.
We may not be in Professor Flitwick's class, but you sure are charming!
Wow, when I said "Accio hottie", I didn't expect it to work!
Did you survive Avada Kedavra? Cause your drop dead gorgeous.
Wanna go manage some mischief together? I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.
Are you a basilisk? Because when I caught sight of you, I froze.
Did you make me your horcrux? Because my heart stopped when I met you.
Your smile is like Expelliarmus. Simple but disarming.
Being without you is like being afflicted with the Cruciatus Curse.
You must be magical, because I've fallen under your spell.
Did you just use the stupify charm or are you a natural stunner?
If you were a Dementor, I'd become a criminal just to get your kiss.
I might as well be under the Imperius curse, because I'd do anything for you.
Are you a Dementor? Because you just took my breath away.
You're the only thing I need in my Room of Requirement.
Without you I feel like I'm in Azkaban and dementors are sucking away my soul.
THE END

I need to learn Occlumency, because I can't get you out of my thoughts.

2.1K 63 20
By honestlyamazing

Hogwarts. A place that's supposed to feel like home. A place where everyone belongs.

Kat Stratford always thought that was a bunch of bs. Surveying the platform, it was obvious she didn't fit in and she was proud of it. Sure, people thought she had "anger issues" and that she was "too violent", but she didn't care about her reputation. A path easily cleared for her as she marched to the train.

Regulus Black also didn't fit in, but he, on the other hand, did care. Or at least he was supposed to. He had been trained to look down upon anyone not part of a pure-blood families. To only associate with Slytherins. He had stopped truly believing all that stuff a while ago.  He had been told that was what would make him well-liked, but here he was starting his 5th year with only one very geeky friend: Frank Longbottom. His older brother Sirius, on the other hand was the most popular guy in school and Regulus seriously didn't understand why.

"Reggie! Same old, same old." Frank greeted, motioning to the cliques of Hogwarts surrounding them. "How was your summer?"

Before Regulus could greet his friend back, a gangly boy said, "Hey Frank, excited for Broom Cleaning Club this year?"

"Frank? I don't know a Frank..." Frank laughed nervously and pulled Regulus away. Regulus raises an eyebrow. "What? I'm not gonna associate with him this year. I'm not a nerd."

Regulus wanted to disagree, but just shook his head. They walked towards the train and looked around at the crowd. Frank started describing the groups they passed. "The Beauties. We could never sit with them. The Butter-beer Fanatics. They get crazier every year. Are they constantly on a sugar high? The Beatles Obsessed Muggleborns. I mean, I like Lennon as much as the next guy, but keep it to yourself. And The Slytherin Elite."

"Loser!" jeered one of the older Slytherins as Frank tried to wave.

Frank scowled and said, "I was one of them until stupid Lucius Malfoy spread that rumor that-"

"-that you buy secondhand clothing? Yeah you've only mentioned it a thousand times." Regulus replied with a roll of his stony grey eyes. The two of them had both been part of the "Popular Slytherin" clique, but Frank had been kicked out and Regulus had isolated himself to stick with Frank but also because he found some of their ideas sickening.

"Don't worry, they'll pay." Frank said as menacingly as he could. Regulus had to stifle a laugh. They turned away and spotted a couple of Gryffindors blocking the door to the train.

"Salazar..." Regulus exclaims, a blush growing on his face. "Is that Bianca?"

"Don't even think about it. She's Bianca Stratford."

"I burn, I pine. I think I'm in love. Does she get more beautiful every year?"

"Oh yeah, she's beautiful and deep." Frank responds sarcastically, gesturing to Bianca bragging about her new dress to Lily Evans. "But anyways, you know she and her shrewish sister aren't allowed to date. Even if you tried, her father is the Dark Arts professor. He would murder you in your sleep. One spell, you're dead."

"Uh huh. Yeah." Regulus nods, still staring after Bianca with his mouth ajar. He'd had a crush on her for over a year now and hadn't said a word to her. "I think this is the year that I'm gonna get with her, Frank."

"Hello? Incredibly uptight father?"

"Yeah. Cool." Regulus says, lovesick. He was entranced by her shiny golden hair and kind green eyes. He didn't notice the odd look another black-haired boy gave him from across the station.

"Looks like my baby brother's got a crush." Sirius mutters to his friend Remus Lupin.

"Bianca? Oh don't let James know. He'd squish him like bug." Remus mutters back, glancing at the curly haired boy in glasses also staring after Bianca as their friend Peter Pettigrew repeatedly tapped him on the shoulder to try to get him to move.

****

The students had been at Hogwarts for about 3 hours when Kat was called to Dumbledore's office. She shouldered past a deviant Gryffindor with long hair the color of ink who winked at her.

"Katerina. Only the first day, and we're already in detention are we?" Dumbledore asked, amused. "Let's see... terrorizing someone on the train? Really?"

"Expressing my opinion is not terrorism." Kat responded, rolling her eyes and leaning back in her chair. She loosened her blue and silver tie. Sandy, blonde hair fell out of her falling apart messy bun that was held together by a pencil.

"The way you expressed your opinion to Fabian Prewett? By the way, his testicle retrieval operation went well."

"I maintain that he kicked himself in the balls. We're at a school for magic, after all." Kat replied.

"Well, Kat." Dumbledore paused. "People perceive you as somewhat..."

"Free-spirited? Aggressive?"

"Heinous b*tch is the term used most often." Kat smiled at this. "Even Professor Flitwick doesn't want to deal with you anymore. You might want to work on that. No more trouble this year, alright?"

"I can't help it if the boys are complete imbeciles and need to be taught a lesson. Thank you for your guidance, Headmaster, as always." Dumbledore just smiled.

"Go on and enjoy the Great Feast."

****

Late that night, Kat headed over to her Father's study. Having her father teach at Hogwarts was a curse and there were honestly no perks. He even graded her and Bianca more harshly than any other students.

"Hey dad." she greeted, looking around the book filled study. A surprising number were about preventing teenage pregnancy.

"Kat! I heard you made someone cry today." her father called from atop a ladder. His nearly bald head bobbed as he climbed down.

"Nothing new." Kat shrugged and her father chuckled. "Anyways, I have some news."

"Go on. Though you should be in your common room already. There's a curfew and you can't keep getting detention." her father scolded.

Ignoring his reprimanding, Kat continued. "So I'm a 7th year now. And I've been thinking about my future plans."

"As you should be."

"And I have a job lined up already! I just got the letter this morning. It's at a Dragon Reserve in Romania."

"Romania?! No."

"But Dad I worked hard for this!"

"No. No way. You're staying in England, close to home."

"Dad, come on. Do my choices not matter?"

"I said no Kat." Kat understood that her father was overprotective for good reason, but his rules and restrictions were getting out of hand.

"Dad- " Kat was about to continue, but Bianca burst through the doors.

"Dad, this guy asked if I could got to Hogsmeade with him. His name's Daniel McLaggen. That's fine right?" Bianca said, twirling her blonde hair. Kat raised an eyebrow at the shiny clips in her sister's hair. They looked familiar... and expensive.

"Absolutely not. And definitely not the disgustingly arrogant McLaggen kid. I said no dating until you two graduate."

"God, we're not allowed to do anything." Kat grumbled.

"For once, Kat's right. Please, please, please can I go out with him?" Bianca begged.

"I- fine. You can date..." he turns to look at Kat with a smile on his face. "when Kat starts dating."

"But-but she's a social outcast! How is this fair?" Bianca cried. Kat laughed and stuck her tongue out at Bianca. Bianca frowned in response and through a book at her laughing sister.

"Stop with the fighting." their father said, turning back to the book he was reading. "That's all. Now get out of my office."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 294 21
๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฅ. ๐Ÿ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐๐ž๐š๐. ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฌ๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ. ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐จ๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž...
19.8K 905 13
bittersweet - (adj.) something being bitter and sweet simultaneously Small, timid Remus Lupin has never so much as thought of someone with malice. He...
1.9M 120K 104
{๐—•๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ ๐Ÿฎ} It all started with a kiss. Or better say, everything ended with a kiss. What Jenna Potter thought was going to lead her to a beautif...
156K 3.7K 35
โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๏ฝฅ ๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜†: *.โ˜ฝ .* :โ˜†๏พŸ. โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ ... ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ฃ๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ก๐š๐ ๐š ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ข๏ฟฝ...