VERDICT OF LOVE

By favourakpofure

"I am pregnant, " I say looking into his eyes intensely but his face is emotionless. "what? " he asks stunne... More

characters names
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (The End ?)
Surprise Chapter
New Read

Chapter 26

24K 575 18
By favourakpofure

Shiloh Pov:

'What is the source of that infuriating sound' I blink my eyes open with much difficulty before hissing from the bright light coming from the window.

I twirl my eyes around the room to find out which room I am in since my memory is all messed up.

I am currently lying on a bed, a hospital bed but what am I doing in a hospital? did I meet with an incident?.

The room is actually not too small or too big, it is suitably arranged neatly and it even scents nice.

At the other corner of the room opposite the bed, they are two small couches and a wooden table in the middle, the two windows were opened and the white and blue blinds were pulled open letting the sun rays in.

The irritating noise was coming from the heart monitor connected to my finger.

What exactly happened?, I search through my mind for any reminder like why I am currently in a hospital.

Bit and pieces of information came crawling into my mind. I remembered fighting with Sam and Chance, I also remembered leaving and driving towards the church... But wait a minute something is missing from this room.

I twirl my eyes around the room taking every slight detail but there was no crib anywhere in this room.

I place my shaky hands on my belly feeling it was no longer hard and big but a bit swollen and tender.

My breath becomes heavy as fear and panic overwhelm me. I can't lose my baby. I didn't lose my baby. My baby is alive maybe the nurses took my baby away to check its health or maybe Sylvia and Mum came to take the baby, giving him away. But God you can't let this happen you pledge not to take my baby away and I know you will keep that promise right?. O God, O God.

"Relax and take a deep breath," a feminine voice says beside me while rubbing a circle on my hand placed on my belly " like this, In. Out. In. Out" she repeats.

I follow her instruction taking a deep relaxing breath before feeling my breath coming out at a normal pace, glancing up at the lady standing beside me in a blue top and pants with her blonde hair in a bun, blue eyes, and a smile gracing her lip.

"Who are y-y-you?" My voice came out raspy in a low whisper.

"Wait a second. Take this" she says filling up a glass with water before handing it over to me" and to answer your question, My name is Chole Cali Carter your nurse assigned to you by Mrs. Cristian" she says taking the empty glass before filling it up again.

I gulp down the water giving the empty glass to her" okay let me just check your heartbeat and some other necessary thing" I watch silently answering only her questions.

After removing the blood pressure cuff, heart monitor, and the Iv she left to go get a wheelchair for me before coming back a few minutes later.

Seeing her coming in with a wheelchair I wipe my tears away" okay now let go see your baby"

"My baby?" I ask with a wide grin and boost of happiness.

"Yeah, you actually flatlined during delivering but the doctors were able to bring you back but then again you slipped into a coma" she explains while helping my seat in the wheelchair.

I frown my eyebrows in confusion" how long was I in a coma?"

"You were in a coma for three days," she says wheeling me out of the room.

I gasp surprised " That is a long time"

In no time we stop at the front of a nursery " which one is my baby " I question averting my gaze towards her.

She points towards a baby wrapped in a blanket facing towards us with eyes closed and lips parted slightly creating an O shape " wow that my baby " I place my left hand on the glass wall separating me from my baby with tears pricking at the corner of my eyes.

I watch Chole as she walks in picking up my baby gaining a low whining sound before walking out " here you go" she says softly placing the baby on my stretch out hands.

"My baby is a boy," I say placing one of my hands below his head while the other below his legs staring at his face in amusement with happy tears rolling down my cheeks cuddling him to my chest " Mommy is sorry she didn't come to see you early and she also very sorry for trying to leave you " I apologize softly with tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Chole thanks so much," I say with a wide grin.

"No need to thank me I love my job " she laughs lightly before standing behind me " I know you must be starving so let get you something to eat," she says wheeling me towards a cafeteria I guess.

My gaze focuses intensely on my son taking every feature like the way he whimpers anytime I tough his noise or the way his eyes are closed tightly while he sleeps peacefully.

I felt upbeat with frisson just having him here wrapped around my arms, his looks just like the baby version of Chance, I push away unwanted feelings because I just want to focus on this moment right now" I wonder what color of eyes you have" I whisper before placing a light kiss between his eyes.

I was too focused on my thought to notice we already arrived at the cafeteria until Chole ask me what I would like to drink" orange juice please"

She nods her head before instructing a nurse to bring the food to the room while another nurse should get a crib.

She wheeled me back towards the room before taking him from me and then helping me lay on the bed, immediately I lay on the bed two nurses walk in. One was holding a tray with a plate covered with a lid, a jug of orange juice, and an empty glass while the other was with a crib.

She instructs the nurse to place the tray on the wooden table while helping the nurse place the crib suitably before placing my baby in the crib.

I watch as the nurse walks out before my belly growl in hunger gaining Chole's attention away from the baby.

"I am starving, after all, I haven't eaten anything for three days" we both laugh quietly not to wake up the baby.

She helps me into a sitting position before falling a board attached to the bed over my lap.

I remove the lid placing it on the tray " what is this?" I question curiously staring at the plate filled with something which looks like tofu and, tofu is one of my favorite meals.

" vegan mapo tofu. go on try it you will love it " she advised.

I take the spoon taking a bit into my mouth feeling the sweet flavor melt into my mouth bring my taste buds alive" This is so scrumptious" I say wowed before taking another bite from my new favorite food " does this hospital always serve delicious meals just like this one?"

"No this is a special request made by Mrs. Cristain "

"I have so much to thank her for already" Mum Eliana has already done so much for me even so much more than my real mum and I am so grateful to her, she treated me just like her daughter.

I grin widely before staring curiously at the confused face of Chole " what?"

"This non of my business but are you by any way related to Mrs. Cristian?" She asks warily.

I shrug nonchalantly" not she is just like a mother to me" she nods.

After finishing with the food she took the tray away placing it on the wooden table before clapping her hands together in front of her with a wide grin present on her lips " okay it's time to feed the baby" she proclaims walking towards me.

"I read some maternity book about breastfeeding but I still don't know the first thing about breastfeeding "

"No need to worry I teach you what to do, " she says with a smile.

She placed two blue pillows behind my back making my seat in a semi-reclining position " does your breast feel hot or full?" She asks carrying the baby gently from the crib.

"I am feeling both," I say feeling a weird and heavy feeling in my breast.

"Okay," she gave the baby to me before helping me undo my gown " you just have to stroke the baby's cheek with your finger, he'll turn towards it," she says warmly.

I do as she says, his eyes remain close but he moves his face immediately my finger strokes his cheeks" now lift your breast just slightly push the nipple down towards his month we'll see if he's got enough instincts all ready to go for it" she says placing her hand on the pillow watching his reaction.

I once again did as she says. He flailed one chubby fist in the air and stroke my breast gently before reaching instinctively rooted around my nipple.

I was in amusement as he turned his head rooted for a few more seconds and then latched firmly and securely onto my nipple and began sucking " he did pretty well for a first" she says before walking towards the chair and then taking a seat.

I laugh happy feeling every tug while he nursed" let just say my son is a fast learner but I think I have to grow an extra hand to be able to do this constantly" I joke.

"That was new daddies are for" I tense from her words if only she knows the reality of my life right now, a reality I am trying so much to forget but you can't run from the memory.

I blink back the tears before coughing the sobs back "um... His eyes are still close why?" I ask changing the subject, I caress his forehead while he makes a cooing noise.

"Maybe he is trying to hide his beautiful eyes from you" she teases flipping through a magazine on her lap.

After a few minutes, he releases my nipple from his mouth and started wailing, chole walk towards me noticing his discomfort " he needs to burp"

I put him on my shoulder patting his back softly emitting a loud moist belch, echoing in the room while I continue patting his back" there you go, my baby, does that feel better now?" I crooned.

"It seems he sleeping already, " she says taking him from me " my baby loves sleeping" I place a kiss on his temple before letting her place him in his crib.

"I let you rest but if you need anything just press this button over here" she instructs pointing towards a white button beside the bed.

Pull the gown back up before laying on the bed facing towards the door where the crib was placed beside the bed.

After a few minutes of staring silently at the crib, I tried getting up holding on to the bed for support since my leg feels a little bit shaky.

I move my hand from the bed placing it on the crib while staring at my baby with a boost of overwhelming love and contentment.

"I could not wait to hold you in my hands and watch you while you sleep with a smile on my lips" I whisper " but here you are bringing a life filled with so much exhilaration and hope in me"

"I promise to be with you in every step and stage of your life. I promise never to deprive you of anything" I crease his chubby cheeks laughing at the way his lips form into a pout.

"You weren't planned to happen at this stage of my life but I am happy that fate brought you to me" I bit my bottom lip trying to stop the tears from falling " see Mum is crying when she should be happy you are here" I laugh lightly wiping my eyes.

"You know something son, your Mum here has always loved and held on to people that didn't even care if she is surviving or dead, " I shake my head before wiping the tears away" I just feel stupid because no matter how they keep hurting me I still love them so much and I can't take this anymore"

"I am sorry for crying this way but Mummy just feels so lonely right now" I sniff running my hands through my messy hair" I mean I have been out of a coma for about three hours but no sign of my parent or my friends " I sigh audibly feeling all kind of emotion.

Shiloh, stop with this depressing thought focus on your happiness which is your son.

I place a light kiss on his temple gaining a cooing sound from him before laying back on the bed focusing my attention on the door.

I stare at the door for a few minutes before giving in to sleep.

*********

"He's so cute and adorable," I hear Louis's voice say.

"Louis stop touching his nose he hates when you do that, " Damien scolds.

"Can you guys just behave matured or do you mean wake Shiloh up," Emma whisper yell.

I blink my eyes open yawning before pushing myself into a sitting position" you have succeeded in doing that already, " I say with a playful smirk.

"Shiloh!" Emma yells hugging me tightly " can't breath," I say as she tightens her hold on me.

She pulls back letting me breathe with an apologetic smile on her lips " sorry, I am just happy you are out of a coma" she hugs me again before pulling back.

" I am also very happy you guys are here because I was already dying of tedium," I say sending playful glares at them.

My baby wail making himself known" look he is crying to gain our attention" Louis crooned placing him on his shoulders.

"Louis don't you dare drop my baby, " I say seeing him having a little problem holding him in place.

"Relax, he once had a younger brother" Emma blurts out before covering her mouth.

We all laugh awkwardly finding no humor in her words. Louis's younger brother is a hard topic for him since his brother died of leukemia at just six years old when Louis was sixteen and it was a very hard time for him.

But after his death Louis's parents bought a leukemia treatment foundation under his name and Louis invest in charity events for leukemia patients.

"Louis I am so sorry for saying that" Emma apologize feeling guilty with a glimmer of tears in her eyes.

"It's okay, " he says shrugging it off" He looks so much like Chance he even has his eyes," he says gaining a slap on the head from Damien.

"Remember don't mention that name around Shiloh" Damien whispers.

"He is right he looks so much like Chance but I am yet to see his eye color, " I say urging Louis to bring him to me.

Louis place him on my arm" he has Hazel eyes just like Chance, now I feel jealous" I pout my lips" he didn't even take any of my features "

"Come on give him to me I don't need you infecting him with your jealousy," Emma says taking him from me.

I guffaw feeling excited. I just want to focus on this moment which makes me delighted.

It looks like I had no reason to feel lonely because I will have these crazy friends around me at any time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 10.3K 63
"Get out," I said in a firm voice, but it shook a bit at the end. The muscles in his jaw tensed when I said that. Instead of getting out, he closed t...
96.6K 2.8K 51
I stared into his dark eyes and l saw a complete stranger. I couldn't recognise the person he had become. The eyes that once sparkled with unbridled...
120K 2.6K 30
#10 in bf #11 in gf #21 in miscarriage #47 in chicklit #50 in chances #502 in romance She was sitting on the foot of bed, clamping the sheets in her...
54.2K 1K 49
I stop at the last room, stare at the number on the door and crosscheck it with the one with me. I stuffed the paper away and ready myself for what l...