Trouble In Paradise- A Manste...

Por Katie-MD

When Jeff arrives at Gaffney Chicago Medical Center Natalie and Will aren't to happy. If Jeff coming back was... Mais

Chapter 1- Jeff
Chapter 2- Lunch
Chapter 3- Don't Call Me Nat
Chapter 4: I'm looking for Nat
Chapter 5- The Tears Keep Falling
Chapter 6- This Love is Difficult, But It's Real
Chapter 7: I Need You, I Love You
Chapter 8: The Ring
Chapter 9- I Knew It!
Chapter 10- Ready For It?
Chapter 11- It's Going To Be Alright... Hopefully
Chapter 12- Superheroes
Chapter 13- Wait What?
Chapter 14- We Can Make It Through This
Chapter 15- You Can't
Chapter 16- The Aftermath
Chapter 17- You Can't
Chapter 18- Delicate
Chapter 19- Not Again
Chapter 20- Owen
Chapter 21- When Will This End?
Chapter 22- Yes
Chapter 23- I Can't
Chapter 24- Not A Scarf!
Chapter 25- Another Meeting
Chapter 26- Pancakes
Chapter 27- Hospital Once Again
Chapter 28- Sarah?
Chapter 29- Finally Home
Chapter 30- My New Normal
Psa
Chapter 31- Zoe
Chapter 32- Double
Chapter 34- no
Chapter 35- What happened?
Chapter 36- A Long Day
Chapter 37- Surprise!
Chapter 38- Where Did I Go Wrong?
Chapter 39- I Love You
Chapter 40- I'm Okay
Chapter 41- Final Preparations
Chapter 42- The Big Day
Chapter 43- The Wait
Chapter 44- The Shock
Chapter 45- Planning
Cancer
Chapter 46- The Best Day
Chapter 47- honeymoon
Chapter 48- Stay Strong
Chapter 49- "Normal"
Chapter 50- Adjusting to Our New Life
Chapter 51- Starting The Process
Chapter 52- Remission
Chapter 53- Can I Come?
Chapter 54- Soon You'll Get Better
Chapter 55- The Choice
Chapter 56- The Birth
Chapter 57- NICU
Chapter 58- Test Me
Chapter 59- Back To Paradise
Chapter 60- Let Me Go Back
Thank you
Epilogue

Chapter 33- What Now?

289 3 2
Por Katie-MD

Natalie POV:

"So... what did you decide?" I ask Sharon nervously.

"Unfortunately, the board decided we can not eliminate the cost. I tried to make them see reason, however they don't see it as fair. Since Zoe is still like any other patient it would be unfair to all the other patients. I'm so sorry Dr. Manning."

I feel my heart drop. Will isn't going to let us adopt her... not with the cost of the treatments. I stop walking and just try and take deep breaths. I look up and see Zoe walking with Will up to our car.

I can't break her heart again. I need to find a way to adopt her and provide her with the life she deserves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright Zoe, we're just gonna pick up my son Owen from my mother in law's house, okay? After that we're gonna go to Portillos to get some food, you okay with that?" I ask as Will pulls into Helen's driveway.

"Yeah! I love portillos!" She shouts excitedly.

I give her a big smile before walking up to Helen's door. When the door opens Owen runs up and immediately wraps his arms around my legs.

"Hey buddy! How was your day with grandma?"

"Good! We built a huge tower out of blocks and even made a blanket fort!"

"That's amazing! You up for portillos tonight?"

"Yeah!!! I love portillos!" He shouts excitedly as he rubs up to the car.

I quickly wave goodbye to Helen before opening the door for him. He immediately gets in but almost gets out when he notices Zoe.

"Owen, this is Zoe, she's gonna stay with us for a bit, okay? She needs a place to sleep tonight and has a doctor's appointment with mommy tomorrow."

"Okay. Hi Zoe! I'm Owen! Do you like blocks?"

"I love blocks!" She shouts excitedly before they immediately start bonding over their love for blocks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good night Zoe! Good night Owen! I'll see you two in the morning!" I call out as I walk into my bedroom.

"Night night!" Owen and Zoe both call out.

"Hey Nat, you okay? You seem stressed." Will asks as I climb into bed.

"It's just... Sharon called... they can't do Zoe's treatments pro bono. What now?"

"We'll figure something out, okay? Let's start trying to find her a family or finding a way to afford her treatments. Alright?" He asks as he rubs my back gently.

"I do have one idea..." I mutter to myself knowing how much he'll hate it.

"What is it Nat?"

"I could stop doing treatments..."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

AN: Yes, I am also amazed I just updated again after posting yesterday. I was in a creative mood and just let the words write themselves I guess. Anyway I guess this was kind of a filler as well but trust me it's gonna get deep next chapter!
Maybe even to make up for my lack of updating I'll try and do a longer chapter.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

51.9K 1K 20
"Here we are, don't turn away now. We are the warriors that built this town from dust." In which a paramedic from Firehouse 51, a detective from the...
1.8K 18 19
A collection of short stories about my favorite couple in "Chicago Med".
11.1K 144 16
When Alan was born he had something wrong with his heart which left him with a serious heart disease but his brothers never knew how serious it was b...
132K 1.7K 36
(Y\N) is a medical prodigy who moves to Chicago but when a massive warehouse fire leads to many casualties she realises emergency medicine is harder...