The Dancer and the Don | ✔️

By LaurenMGranich

COMPLETED | Francesca grew up in the middle of nowhere, but went on to become a dancer in the world-famous gr... More

The Dancer and the Don - Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
SEQUEL

Chapter 5

15.9K 430 50
By LaurenMGranich

Super long chapter ahead!

I also wanted to share a quote that really helped me write this chapter. I don't know who said it, so sorry!

"Thrive for progress, not perfection."

Enjoy!

*MATURE*

****

"Mrs. Romano? Mr. Romano is finished with his meeting, he'll be with you in a few moments," Nathan said, standing in the doorway of the dining room. His presence surprised Fran, who had been shoving noodles in her face rapidly.

"Alright," she mumbled with food in her mouth, rolling her eyes when Nathan laughed as he walked away.

She was eating dinner late tonight, she thought as she looked at her phone.

Eight o'clock.

Tony must be tired, he'd left at five in the morning and flew to Michigan, then was in meetings until eight in the evening. That meant the video call would be short. She clenched her eyes shut.

You can do this, she told herself, willing her brain to listen.

Fran finished shoving the rest of the noodles in her mouth before placing her bowl in the kitchen sink and darting upstairs.

As soon as she stepped into her quiet room the Skype ring blasted throughout the room. She flinched, the noise catching her by surprise before she picked up her laptop and sat on the couch in the bedroom.

She tucked her legs underneath her and took a deep breath before answering the call.

"There you are," Tony grinned as the call connected. His hair was tousled like he'd been running his hands through it all day. The tie he wore when he left her this morning was tossed on the bed behind him, but he was still in his suit.

"Here I am," she smiled back. Tony ran his hand through his hair again.

"Rough day?" She asked, allowing her eyes to roam over his face. He nodded, his hair moving with his head. She grinned. He must have run his hand through his hair so much that it had removed the products he used.

"Yeah, these guys aren't happy. Apparently we messed up a lot in this contract, including their damn name." Tony looked pissed, but instead of changing the subject Fran pressed on.

"Who wrote up the contract? Those kind of mistakes don't just happen, Tony."

"You don't think I know that, Fran?" He snapped. Tony closed his eyes and hung his head.

"It's alright, Tony, you're stressed. I know."

"Let's just change the subject. How was practice today?" Damn, how to explain this without making him angry. She forced a happy smile on her face.

"It was good, tiring," she muttered, avoiding eye contact. He sighed.

"Nathan called me." Fran's head shot up, glaring at the screen.

"He had no right to do that," she muttered. She hadn't gone to practice today because she'd woken up with an anxiety attack. God, she was so weak.

"Look at me," Tony commanded. She made eye contact with him and his eyes softened at the tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I had a bad attack this morning and I was too tired and—"

"Fran, you've got to go to practice," he said softly, trying not to trigger her again.

"I know, but I was afraid that I was so tired I would mess up or fall... I don't want to hurt myself."

"Baby," he sighed, "you need to tell Vira next time you're too tired. She'll find some way for you to practice without hurting yourself, alright?"

Vira Mirieti, professional dancer, A.K.A. the best ballet dancer in the entire world. That was her choreographer.

When Fran began to dance with the Roses, she thought Vira would be a mean, crabby little women that didn't take no for an answer.

Contrary to Fran's personal beliefs she was one of the sweetest people on the planet. Fran should have thought to go to her, she would have been understanding.

"Why didn't you call me during your attack?" Tony inquired softly. He didn't look angry, just curious and maybe a little sad.

"I'm not stupid," Fran chuckled humorlessly, "look at you right now. You're exhausted because you were in meetings for over twelve hours today, I'm not going to interrupt your sleep for my childish needs."

Tony sighed, rubbing a hand over his tired face.

"I thought we had gotten over this, Fran. You come first. Alright? I have experience with only getting a tiny bit of sleep, you need it for you work. Understood?"

Fran nodded, but that didn't mean she would be calling him. No matter what he said, she wouldn't be interrupting his sleep. She deserved to be alone late at night, he needed his sleep.

"Fran?" He asked. "You spaced out for a minute."

"I'm getting tired, I think I should head to bed," she said, letting her eyes drift away from the screen. It wasn't a total lie, but all she really wanted to do was stop this conversation. She vaguely heard Tony sigh from the computer speakers.

"I'll stay on until you fall asleep, alright? Just let me change," he murmured, lifting his phone up and walking over to his suitcase. When he opened it, Fran couldn't contain her giggle.

"What?" He asked, looking from his suitcase to his phone, then back again.

"You packed the underwear I got you last year," Fran said, putting her hand to her face in embarrassment.

"Yeah, what about it?" His grin was blinding, reaching for the bright red underwear. It had reindeer all over it, and she'd gotten it for him for Christmas as a joke. The joke was on her, she thought, he wore it all the time.

She blushed and rolled her eyes when he made sure his phone was set up so she would be able to see him changing.

"Gonna give me a show, baby?" She asked, a grin on her face as she rubbed her hands together. She almost squealed when his laugh echoed through the speakers.

"Do you want a show?" Tony responded, slowly unbuttoning his shirt as he swayed back and forth. She waved her hands in front of her face with a giggle, trying to get him to stop. He wouldn't make a great stripper at all.

"No, not anymore!" She almost shouted, laughing hysterically when he tried to make a sexy pose. He finally stood straight up and laughed.

"Fine, fine. Give me two seconds," he said, slipping his black briefs off then slipping the red ones on. She rolled her eyes. He disappeared from the screen and she heard the sink running in the background.

Fran wrapped the blanket around herself more and stood, also making her way to the bathroom. She set Tony down on the counter and reached for her face wash.

"Yummy," Tony said, watching his wife rub the cream on her face with an amused smile. Fran couldn't keep the smile off her face and shook her head at him. After brushing her teeth and washing her face she brought the laptop to the bed and snuggled in on the right side with her blanket.

That was Tony's side. She always slept here while he was gone. It smelt of him and comforted her—sometimes—as she slept.

"You know, it's been scientifically proven that orgasms can help you sleep," Tony said with a knowing grin on his face. It fell when Fran didn't smile back.

"I don't want an orgasm," she said, "just you." The lsat part was a mumble, but he'd clearly heard it. A sad look grew on Tony's face.

"I love you, Francesca, and I'll be back tomorrow night. You should be asleep by then," he gave her a look and she rolled her eyes.

"I'll try my best," she said in a monotone voice. Hopefully her head would let her sleep both tonight and tomorrow night. One could dream.

"Getting sleepy?" Tony asked.

Her eyes snapped open to see Tony on the screen burrowed under his covers with only his head peeking out. He looked adorable, his hair tousled all over the play. He looked sleepy too.

"When did my eyes shut?" Damn, she was sleepy if the sound of her voice was any indication.

"About a minute ago, sorry to interrupt you. You were almost asleep," Tony said, giving her a small, apologetic smile. She shook her head in response, then snuggled into the covers again and closed her eyes.

"Goodnight," he whispered. "I love you."

****

"Mrs. Romano. Mrs. Romano!"

Fran jumped, her hand flying through the air and landing on her chest with a loud thump. Nathan was crouched beside the bed, holding his phone in his right hand and running a hand through his salt-and-pepper hair with his left.

"Nathan? What is it, what's wrong?" Fran didn't think she'd ever sat up that fast. Had something happened to Tony?

"Mr. Romano would like to speak with you," he said quietly, "I'll step outside. Call for me when you're finished." He handed her the phone and she grabbed it, holding it tightly to her ear.

"Hello?" She asked desperately, wishing so, so hard that he was alright. She didn't hear Nathan leave the room.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Tony's concerned voice filtered through the speakers. That didn't make any sense. She'd just woken up, why would he be concerned about her?

"I'm fine, what-what's going on?" She asked, desperately trying to make sense of the situation. It was too early for this, she thought to herself, she thought she was getting a pretty good night's sleep!

"Nathan said you were crying out, when he went to speak to you he noticed you were still asleep. Are you alright, Fran? Was it a night terror or an attack?" He was asking way too many questions to a girl who'd just been quickly woken up.

"I-I don't know, I don't remember any of that happening," Fran responded, her brain still trying to understand what exactly had happened.

"So you're okay," Tony said, the relief palpable in his voice.

"I'm so sorry to have woken you up, Tony. You need your sleep," She whispered.

"I'll be fine, Fran, as long as you're fine."

"I'm alright, I promise. Go back to sleep," she commanded and he chuckled.

They just listened to each other's breathing for a moment before continuing.

"Okay, I will see you tonight?" He asked. Fran picked her phone up from the nightstand and looked at the time.

Damn, she'd have to get up in a couple of hours. Four o'clock in the morning wasn't the best time in the morning to wake up. She sighed.

"I'll see you tonight, Tony. I'm looking forward to it," she said.

"I love you," he said, and she quickly responded with the same before hanging up.

"Nathan?" She called out, "I'm finished." She was rubbing her eyes when he opened the door and looked at her with a sympathetic look on his face.

"Next time I really wish you would just wake me up," she said, handing him the phone back. He took it and slipped it into his pocket.

"I'm under direct orders, Mrs. Romano," he stated. "I'll see you in the morning." She harrumphed and laid back down in bed, begging for sleep to take her.

She wasn't having the luckiest day. Sleep didn't find her until an hour later, which left her only a few hours to get good sleep. She was exhausted when she woke up for practice and knew her body would be hating her by the end of the day.

"Good morning, Nathan," she murmured, sitting at the dining table and laying her head in her right hand. He gave her a small smile and slid a tall glass of orange juice in front of her.

"Good morning, Mrs. Romano," he stated. She began to eat her breakfast as Nathan turned and left the room. It was gone fairly quickly, and found herself wanting a little more but knew it wouldn't be a good idea to practice on a really full stomach.

She jogged upstairs to get ready for the day when her phone rang.

"Hello?" She said, a little breathless from the energy it took to run to her phone.

"Hello there, gorgeous, how was the rest of your night?" Tony! He must be calling her before his meetings.

"It was good, I slept a little bit. How about you, baby?" She asked him while taking off her pajamas. He hesitated in answering.

"Are you taking your clothes off right now?" He asked in an amused tone.

"Tony!" She shrieked, holding her phone between her ear and her shoulder as she tried to wiggle on sweatpants. "Don't ignore my question!"

Tony answer with a loud laugh and she rolled her eyes. Of course that would be the first thing his mind went to.

"I slept fine, Fran, now answer my question." His tone had changed, and she froze at the dominance he was exuding over the phone.

"Yes, I'm getting ready for work," she said, putting him on speaker so she could slip on a new shirt then her jacket.

"Are you naked right now?" He asked and she could feel him smiling.

"No, Tony, it's," she looked at her phone, "almost eight in the morning, we're about to leave for the theater."

"Ah," he said. She could hear him shifting around. "Well you've caused me to become hard, I think we should fix that issue."

"I can't," she whispered as she began to walk down the stairs. "I'm going to be in the car with Nathan."

"Put the partition up," he suggested. She sighed. "You don't have to do anything you don't want to," Tony reminded her.

"Give me five minutes, I'll call you back," Fran said. Before she hung up the phone she heard his victory shout and almost groaned aloud.

Nathan was standing near the door with his hands behind his back waiting patiently for her to arrive. Her bag was sitting next to him and for that she sent him a grateful smile.

"Ready to go, Mrs. Romano?"

"I'm ready, Nathan. Thank you."

Soon they were in the car heading towards the theater. It would be about a twenty minute drive, so she had a little time. Fran tried not to blush as she tried to figure out how to ask Nathan to put the partition up.

"Nathan?"

"Yes ma'am," he responded, his eyes not leaving the road. As much as she was trying to avoid it her face was already covered in a crimson blush.

"Would you mind rolling the partition up? I'm going to call Tony and I'd like some privacy." God, could she be any more obvious? Her body was going to overheat with the amount of blood rushing to her face.

"No problem, Mrs. Romano. I'll knock when we arrive." He didn't seem to be bothered, but he was also able to control his facial expressions very easily.

"Thank you, Nathan." A few seconds later the partition was rolled up and she dialed his number. He answered with a groan.

"Seriously, Tony? What is with you starting without me lately?" A strained chuckle answered Francesca and she looked down at her lap.

"I'm sorry, baby. Just can't stop thinking about you," he said and groaned at the end of his sentence. She bit her lip.

"Are you touching yourself right now, Tony?" She asked. He scoffed.

"No, I just like to make these noises for fun!"

"Lose the attitude, or you'll only get your hand," she muttered angrily. He was most definitely not going to call and ask her for "help" then give her attitude.

"I'm sorry, baby," he practically whimpered. She loved the power she held sometimes.

"What are you thinking about right now?" She tried to make her voice seem sultry and winced. If anything it sounded the complete opposite, whatever that was.

"I'm thinking about what I'm going to do to you when I come home," he growled. She blinked innocently before blushing and realizing he can't see her.

"And what does that entail?" Fran asked, closing her eyes to imagine what he was going to say.

"It entails you naked," he murmured, "so get naked."

"I can't!" She whisper yelled, looking around her. "We're like ten minutes away."

"Fine. At least unzip your sweatshirt, baby. Please?"

"Fine," Fran sighed, not wanting to argue. She couldn't believe she was doing this, but it was giving her a small thrill too. Slowly she unzipped her sweatshirt until it was all the way open. She gulped.

"Tony," she whined, reached a hand inside her pants. "You've got me soaked." He released a loud groan in response, and she could hear him huffing out every breath.

"Touch yourself, Fran. Do it now," She did as he commanded, starting to stroke herself. Her mouth opened in pleasure and her eyes clenched shut.

"Fuck!" Fran was trying to keep her voice quiet but to no avail. She really hoped Nathan wasn't paying attention.

"That's it, baby. Are you close?" He asked, his breathing picking up even more. She nodded.

"Fran?" He asked. Her face flushed when she realized he wasn't in the car with her.

"Yes, Tony, yes I'm close."

"Do it! Do it now," he moaned and she bit into one of the sleeves of her sweatshirt to keep her from screaming. "There it is, that's a good girl," Tony panted.

The car slowly began to roll to a stop, and Fran's eyes widened.

"Oh God, we've pulled up to the theater. I have to go!" She shouted into the phone. Tony's chuckle followed.

"I'll see you tonight. I love you!"

"Love you!" Was what Fran was able to get out before he hung up. She quickly zipped her sweatshirt up and tried to catch her breath. Hopefully Nathan wouldn't say anything.

Her practice after that seemed to move so slowly. She just wanted to get home to her husband, but the clock moved at a snail's pace.

When it finally finished she sprinted over to where Nathan was holding her bag, already prepared to leave.

"Thank you, Nathan. You practically read my mind," Fran said with a thankful smile. They quickly made their way to the car and she could tell Nathan was driving a little quicker than normal.

She gave him a quick wave before rushing into the house, dropping her bags in the entryway.

"Tony?" She shouted. Arms gripped her from behind and pulled her into a hug.

"Hey, baby, I've missed you." She laughed and wrapped her legs around his waist as he carried her to the couch.

"I love you," she murmured and gave him a quick kiss.

"I love you too, Fran."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 35.4K 55
||completed|| "If loving her is a weakness, I am only a weak man." - Massimo Giordani Massimo Giordani. Even thinking about him sends shivers down y...
32.8M 992K 50
"The Mob Boss and His Stepsister" ❦ At the ripe age of eighteen, Orabella Martinez had lost her father. Having being separated from her mother at suc...
545K 13.9K 71
Looking at myself in the mirror I studied my reflection. I exhaled a long surrendering sigh into the quiet that was my bedroom. I kept telling myse...
11.9M 298K 57
Don Luciano DiSilva is known for his ruthlessness. As the leader of the Italian Mafia, he is cold and callous. But then he meets her. Victoria Ricci...