Heart Battles

By Glitter-and-sunshine

Rora struggles with every teenage girl's most difficult life lesson... Boys. Which is hard when she lives wit... More

Chapter one- Welcome to my world
Chapter 2- Let's get loopy
Chapter 3- A boyfriend?
Chapter 5- Super Sister.
Chapter 6- Just one of those days
Chapter 7- You smell like sweat
Chapter 8- Next level
Chapter 9- True understanding
Chapter 10- A princesses day out
Chapter 11- Bad news
Chapter 12- Jackson's a weirdo
Chapter 13- Welly
Chapter 14- What just happened?
Chapter 15- I'm sorry
Chapter 16- Dance away the pain.
Chapter 17- brother bear saves the day
Chapter 18- Skipping school
Chapter 19- It's not fair
Chapter 20- Saturday antics
Chapter 21- Reunited
Chapter 22-Just the way I like it
Chapter 23- Campfire songs
Chapter 24- Cloud nine
Chapter 25- Death
Chapter 26-It hurts
Chapter 27- Dad is home
Chapter 28- Truth
Chapter 29- life
Chapter 30- Life cannot get better than this.

Chapter 4- You owe me.

755 9 0
By Glitter-and-sunshine

We sit in silence staring at Ryder. "Haha got you," Ryder laughs at my startled expression, "get ready we're going to the beach. Ava will be here in ten minutes," he is still laughing when he helps me out of the pool. I wrap myself in a towel as Ryder makes his way inside. I give Carter a quick kiss and follow my brother. After getting changed, I grab my dance crew jumper and my sandals. Before walking out of the house with the boys.

Ava's car pulls into our drive way. Ryder kisses her and sits in the front. Carter and I slide into the back. "Hey Aves " I wave as I buckle in my seat belt. As we drive Carter places a hand on my thigh. 

"So you two are an item now huh? " Ava turns to face us when we stop at an intersection. Carter nods grinning. 

"I am one of two of the luckiest guys next to Ryder," he winks. 

"Aw you're so sweet Carty," Ava beams, "Rora is pretty lucky to have you too," she says as she parks at the beach. 

"Last one to get to Cricket's has to buy dinner," I yell, sliding out of the car and sprinting down boardwalk.

 Cricket's is the best Takeaway shop in the world. As I near the shop I hear footsteps behind me. Ryder picks me up, throwing me over his shoulder and continues running. Ava right on his tail, Carter strolls far behind her not bothering to run. I give him a small wave when Ryder places me on the ground outside the shop. 

"Now I know my catch me if you can fantasy won't work, you're too fast," Carter huffs, when he finally reaches us. Ryder winks at Ava.

"My girl loves that game," he says patting Ava's bum. 

"Ew ew ew images ew," I say squeezing my eyes shut. 

"I'd say! I saw more of your skin than I needed today when I came home to you two tongue tangoing," Ryder teases poking me in the ribs. Ava giggles winking at me. 

"So what does everyone want to eat? " Carter awkwardly tries to change the subject. 

"I want a Bacon and chicken Burger" I walk over to the drink cabinet and grab a coke. 

"Beef and cheese" Ryder says, thumping Carter's back. 

"Fish please" Ava grins. Carter orders as me and Ava giggle about the boys. 

"How does he kiss?" she whispers nudging my shoulder. 

"He kisses good," I say giggling. Carter must've heard because his cheeks go bright red.

We grab our food and head towards the sand dunes. Ava and Ryder walk ahead of us their hands swinging between them. Carter reaches for my hand, "it's a weird feeling. I have been wanting you to be my girlfriend for a few months. Now you are, Ava's asking how I kiss, Ryder saw us making out. And it's only day one," he says. 

"I'm glad you asked me. I didn't even know you had feelings for me. Until you had a sulk about Rocky sitting on my lap. Thank you for today," I pop onto my tippy toes to kiss his cheek. 

"I was just nervous about whether Ryder would approve. But I talked to him last night and he was all for it," he picks me up and puts me on his shoulders. Ava and Ryder are looking at us and whispering. I frown.

"Aw you guys are so sweet together," Ava clasps her hands together. Carter tips me off his shoulders causing me to crash onto the sand. 

"You suck, I have sand everywhere," I groan punching him in the arm. 

"Not everywhere, " Carter nods towards my crotch. 

"Actually I do because I have shorts on," I cringe.

 "La la la!" Ava and Ryder yell in unison. 

"I could fix that," Carter winks earning another punch. I pull my jumper on, before sitting down to eat. I ignore Carter's pokes in my ribs. Ava and Ryder laugh at us before disappearing into the bushes. 

"Well we know what they are up to," I fidget with my fingers.

"Lets go for a swim," Carter suggests, taking off his top. I stare at him before stripping down to my pink frilly bikini. 

"Race ya," I shout and sprint to the water. Carter runs ahead of me the waves crash at his knees. 

"Hold my hand let's jump the waves," he jumps up and down like a kid. I shake my head before pushing him into the water. I dive into the surprisingly warm water. I swim away from Carter, "that wasn't nice Roars!" I hear him yell as he emerges a meter away. 

"Too bad," I wink smiling at him cheekily. I turn away, looking towards the shore. I suddenly feel two arms pull my legs from under me making lose my balance and fall face first into the water. Carter's smirk is the first thing I see when I bob back up. 

"Sweet revenge baby," he says. 

"Then you can't get any goodnight cuddles tonight," I tease and duck back into the water. I swim to shore as fast as I can. I can hear Carter splashing behind me. Running back to shore, I spot Ryder waving at me. He throws me my towel and chuckles. 

"I never thought you two would be so funny together," he comments, passing me my underwear. I slip it on under my towel. 

"Look at him, he's puffed already you might need to teach him a thing or two," Ava jests while she is packing up our things. I pull my jumper over my head when Carter gets closer. 

"I will get cuddles. You've been waiting too long to deny them," he starts reading my nickname written on the bottom of my jumper, " 'Dazzler' hmm that's a cute nickname babe," he whispers in my ear. I smile and walk away. 

My nickname Dazzler is comes from the fact that I smile a lot when I dance. My trade marks are my cute smile and my booty pop I do at the end when we pose.

I can hear Carter groan, "how do I win?" I hear him groan to my brother. Ava links arms with me. 

"You need an early night. You have school tomorrow and early morning practice. Poppy is meeting you at the gym at 5," she reminds me when we get to the car. 

"You know my schedule better than I do, " I observe as slide into the  car. When Carter gets in I shuffle away. 

"Babe, you know I made a good point," he mumbles, running a hand up my leg.

 "I don't mind. I mean I've gone out without you cuddling me for a long time," I shrug winking as I push his hand away. Carter looks pained.

 "I'm staying at yours again tonight," He tells Ryder. Ryder answers him with a nod and continues his conversation with Ava. I frown and turn away from him, "I will show you what you've been missing out on and then you'll never want to go without again," Carter breathes in my ear. 

"I have an early start tomorrow, I have to sleep. I don't have time for cuddles and kisses," I tap his nose with my finger. 

"Oh I will make you have time." Carter grins.

I run into the house and lock myself in my bedroom. Carter pounds on my door. "Let me in!" he yells. I ignore him and put an over-sized T-shirt on. His whining gets louder so I open the door a little bit. 

"Shush I need to sleep," I grumble beginning to close the door again. Carter sticks his foot in the way. I look at his foot and laugh. I leave him standing there and snuggle into bed. "Night babe," I feel weight pushing the bed down. My heart goes fuzzy when I feel him slide in next to me. I give him a brief kiss and bury my face in my pillow. He places a kiss on my ear lobe, "no don't, I'm sleeping," I mumble. I fall asleep as I feel myself being pulled into Carter's shirtless torso.

++++++++------+++++++

I awake to my phone singing 'Good morning' from Singing in the rain. I hear Carter groan, "sorry go back to sleep," I whisper, kissing his forehead. I stumble into my bathroom and turn on the light causing my eyes to water. I am not a morning person and it's 4 in the morning. The hot water wakes me up.

 When I walk back into the room Carter is splayed on the bed like a starfish. I fumble around my drawer for an underwear set. I let my towel fall knowing Carter can't see and put my underwear on. As I finish pulling my sports bra over my head I hear Carter stir. 

"Babe you are so sexy in that sports bra," he says sleepily. I throw my towel at his face and put on my sports tights and jacket not zipping it up. 

"Bye babe see you later have a great day," I whisper onto his mouth, my lips brushing against his. 

"I will pick you up after night practice baby," he mumbles and pulls me in for a proper kiss. I walk down stairs and put my trainers on and begin my run to the gym.

Fifteen minutes later I arrive at the gym. Poppy jogs to greet me when I walk in the door, "hey, tell me everything. We are all in the studio," she says brushing a piece of her orange hair out of her face.  The dance team all smile and wave at me when we walk into the studio. 

"Hey girl," Cleo my choreographer and teacher says, wrapping me in a cozy hug, "how's my little captain going?" she smiles at me as slip off my jacket.

 "Good," I nod getting into my place. The music starts playing and we get straight to work.

"So what's the juicy goss?" Poppy prods when we get to the changing room. 

"I'm a taken girl now," I grin, turning on the shower. 

"Yay Rora!" She squeals over the shower wall. 

"I think Ty likes you," I declare, toweling myself off. Poppy's eyes go wide. 

"Does he? Oh my wow yay Rora he likes me! I like him!" she fan-girls. I get changed into a skater skirt and a high necked singlet. Poppy is still glowing about her fantastic news. Her cute sweater and pink dress make her look younger. 

"He digs you Pops. He wants to kiss you, he wants to hug you, he wants to marry you," I sing as I straighten my hair. 

"Shush," she throws one of her vans at me, her cheeks are bright red.

I throw my chuck Taylors at her and wink, "I know you want that Poppy Lou Watkins," I tease tying my hair up in a ponytail. She stands and stares at me.

 "Set us up. The pressure is on you," she finally says, handing back my shoes. Rocky is picking us up so we walk to the front of the gym and wait, "so are you are Carter fast or slow?" Poppy asks picking at some nail polish that is on her skin. 

"Somewhat fast I guess, but I know he won't pressure me into anything, " I look up at her from retying my shoe laces. Poppy nods.

"That's good I'm so happy for you Roar," she smiles waving at Rocky, who parks right in front of us. 

"Yo mah homie," I say climbing into his Jeep. 

"I hear you said yes to Carter," Rocky playfully punches my arm. 

"Yeah I did," I smile, turning up the music. 

"Have you guys finished your English essays?" Poppy says from the back.

 "Crap no," I groan. 

"Neither," Rocky grumbles. 

"I have," Poppy boasts, "it's a first I've never gotten better marks than you, I will now though" she teases. I turn around in my seat and look at her.

 "Rocky you have to help me get Poppy and Ty together. Poppy is really into him," I smirk still looking at Poppy. Rocky laughs when he sees Poppy's bright red cheeks in the rear view mirror. 

"You better not tell everyone. If either of you do, I will tell the world about the kiss," she says kicking my seat. 

"You wouldn't!" Rocky mock screams. Poppy nods her face completely serious.

Last year at a party me and Rocky kissed because we were sick of being single and Poppy walked in. We all made a truce not to speak of it, but Poppy doesn't know we kissed a lot of times after that. The good thing was that we could still be friends after.

"We promise we won't tell," Rocky glances at me. I nod in agreement. 

"But if you want to date him. He's going to find out," I say.

I can hear Poppy sigh as we pull into school. Ty walks to the car when we've parked and opens Poppy's door. Rocky and I wink at her before leaving her with her love. 

"Hey guys," Indi says, giving Rocky a kiss and me a hug, "sorry I wasn't at dance practice, I had a birthday breakfast for my little sister," she says to me as we walk to the lockers. 

"Oh it is absolutely fine," I assure her as I get my books for the first two periods.

"Okay see you later" Rocky and Indi say in unison before walking away hand in hand. My other friends wave me over to our normal spot under the tree. 

"Hey beautiful girls," I flop down next to the twins. I have 4 girls I hang out with everyday. There is Poppy, the twins Hershey and Hunter and finally there is Ariel. I tell my friends my Carter news. Poppy jogs up to us grinning. 

"We are going to the movies," she giggles. 

"Who's we?" Hershey nudges Poppy's shoulder. 

"Ty Nixon," Poppy says dreamily.

 "All of you have boyfriends except me," Hunter pouts, tickling her face with her candy floss pink hair. 

"Jackson, you can have Jackson," I declare, jumping up and down on my knees. 

"Who's he?" they all ask in unison. 

"He's my brother's friend, he is a surfer and is gorgeous," I wink at Hunter. 

"Introduce us to him next time" Hershey squeals happy her twin will finally have a boy. 

The bell rings all the students around us rush towards their classes. I have Math with Hunter and Ariel. When I walk into class Levi my ex, but one of my best friends waves and points to the seat next to him. I sit obediently next to him and get my books out. 

"How was your weekend?" he asks stealing a pen from my pencil case. 

"Good. Carter South asked me to be his girlfriend," I say as our teacher Mr Teal walks in. 

"Your brother's best friend? " he whispers as the teacher begins the lesson. I nod and turn towards the teacher. The lesson goes by pretty fast.

 I walk to English with Hershey. Rocky waves at me from the back of the class and I sit next to Hershey and Poppy. 

"Students I want to gather up your essays the only student who has an exception is Rora. Her brother rang me and told her she had a busy weekend," Mrs Greg says smiling. I love Ryder, only he could convince the teachers to give me an exception. I was lazy this weekend, that isn't a good excuse but Ryder saved the day again. I don't need my parents at all. I miss them, but they're never around. I have forgotten what life with them is like.

At lunchtime we have dance practice again. I know its worth it in the end result. But I wouldn't mind a break. I know my moves so well I start doing the dance without thinking anything of it. "Rora I know you are tired but it will be worth it. I know how much winning means to you. Let's start again," concern covers Cleo's face. I nod and put my everything into the dance. I dance up a sweat until Cleo lets us go shower. Wow my third shower of the day. The rest of the day passes by quickly.

I practice after school until 7 pm. When I am dressed Carter is waiting out the front for me. "Hey baby," He smiles, getting out of the car to hug me.

 "Hey bum bum," I giggle, giving him a teasing kiss on the lips. Carter grips my wrist and pulls me towards him. 

"Take that back and kiss me properly," he orders while patting my bum. I laugh evilly and run my side of the car and climb in.

"I'm going to show you how much I've missed you today with kisses" he says starting the car.

"If I was to do the same I would only give you one," I smirk. 

He laughs and shakes his head, "I know that's not true."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 6.6K 45
*BOOK FOUR IN THE RECKLESS LOVE SERIES* Hunter Walker has been single for three and a half years after his last girlfriend ended up being in love wit...
722 96 13
"Oh Lord, please let me die faster so that I won't have to see this ugly face ever again." "Aww, I'm flattered to hear that your wishes are dedicated...
35.4K 1K 34
NEW TITLE : Choosing Him ORIGINAL TITLE : MY BOYFRIEND'S BEST-FRIEND {STILL BEING REVISED} [1st book in the 'Hunters Family Series'] Aria Marie Colli...
1K 7 30
Penelope's dad died 2 years ago. And she finally has got her life sorted. She's left the popular crowd and is comfortable where she is. Knowing now t...