『Metanoia』‹Todoroki x Reader›

By Baotoku

met·a·noi·a /ˌmedəˈnoiə/Submit noun the journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life. "what he... More

↝ Ch. 1 ↜
↝ Ch. 2↜
↝ Ch. 3↜
↝ Ch. 4↜
↝ Ch. 5↜
↝ Ch. 6↜
↝ Ch. 8↜
↝ Ch. 9↜
↝ Ch. 10↜
↝ Valentine's Day Special↜

↝ Ch. 7↜

49 1 0
By Baotoku

✘3rd Person P.O.V.✘

—♥—

"Everyone! Morning homeroom is about to start! Stop talking and take your seats!" The navy haired male yelled from the front of the classroom.

"We're already sitting." Someone said from the back, causing the former male to sit down in disappointment, since he was the only one standing.

"Who d'you think is going to be here for homeroom today?" Redhead asked (Y/N) as she laid her head on the desk with a yawn. The blonde hit the back of her head to wake her up, but she only hit him back out of annoyance.

"Who knows." She finally responded as the redhead rolled his eyes with a smile, then turned around back to the front.

"Morning." The same tired voice from their homeroom teacher rang in everyone's ears.

"You're back too soon!" Everyone yellow out, while 'Pikachu' mentioned something about  being too much of a pro.

"So you're alright?" The glasses male raised his had while abruptly asking his question in a loud voice. While (Y/N) simply glared at him.

"My well-being doesn't matter. More importantly, the fight his not yet over; The U.A sports festival is drawing near. Pro heroes will be watching all of you." This scared a few, while more got even more excited than they already were.

"After we graduate, it's typical to join a pro agency as a side kick." Kaminari explained, but was met with a sad comment from a female student.

"Of course, joining a famous pro agency will get you more experience and popularity. Time is limited. If you expect to go pro, then the path to your future will open up at this event. If you understand that, then don't slack off during your preparations!" The broken teacher exclaimed, which got the class riled up.

"Homeroom dismissed."

"(Y/N), you have to be excited for this at least?" Redhead went over to her desk, and sat in the empty one in front of it, backwards.

"Kind of." She managed out with a yawn while the blonde rolled his eyes.

"I'm guessing you are excited." Redhead looked at Spiky, who smirked while he leaned on the back legs of his chair.

"Of course, it's an easy win." Was his response, leaving the other two friends of his to chuckle slightly, since they expected such an answer.

"Say, (Y/N) why did you want to become a hero?" Redhead asked suddenly as she walked with him and Spky towards the next classroom.

"...Bored." She responded with a shrug as the two males stopped behind her. She looked behind them as she kept her usual calm look.

"Because you're bored?! That's it? Isn't there more to it?" Redhead asked as Spiky stuffed his hands into his pocket as he continued to walk. Surprisingly, he kept quiet along the way.

"...Money." Was her next option, but she was only met with a slap in the back of the head. She went to hit the redhead back, but before she could, Strawberry appeared and grabbed ahold of her collar.

"You're Lucky Strawberry is Here." She told her friend who simply rolled his eyes. He glanced back at the two, until a sigh escaped.

"By the way, you two have gotten closer." Redhead mentioned as the other two looked at each other, making Strawberry let her collar go.

"Yeah, I replaced you with him—"

"Shut up." Strawberry warned.

"Out of my way, Extras." Blondie instructed the other students who stood in front of the door with a stern tone.

"You can't call people extras just because you don't know who they are!" The navy haired male proclaimed from a few feet away.

"I came to see what the famous Class A was like, but you seem pretty arrogant. Are all the students in the hero course like this? Seeing something like this makes me disillusioned..." (Y/N) blanked out for a bit as she glanced around the room.

"The school has left those of us a chance. Depending on the results of the sports festival, they'll consider our transfer into the hero course. And it seems they may transfer people out. Scouting out the enemy? I, at least, came to say that even if you're in the hero course, I'll sleep your feet out from under you. I came with a declaration of wa—"

"Whoops." (Y/N) put a slight bit of smoke inside the mouth of the purple haired male. He glared at her while coughing, while she glared back; before leaving the room and heading down the hall. Strawberry waited for her down the hall, which he was reluctant in doing, but she forced him to do so.

As night time finally hit; the (H/C) haired girl began to make a fish and chips dinner for her awaiting mother. It was around midnight, and her mother usually comes home at 2-3 am due to the bar most likely kicking her out by then. Once the meal was finished, she placed the food into a container and left a note for her.

'Re-heat this In the microwave. Then drink water, and sleep.'

After the placed the sticky note onto the red lid, she placed it all onto the middle shelf of the open fridge. She paused as she stared at it, before her eyes fell to the floor. The same feeling that always came back made itself known as thoughts and memories of her mother rushed back in.

(Y/N) was always the type to continuously say that people have suffered worse, so whatever she must be feeling was nothing compared to what others have faced through. That same fact usually kept her at bay, but things began to collapse on her as things began to slowly fall into place.

Kneeling to the ground, she held the back of her head as she tried to keep herself from crying. For some unknown reason, the familiar ringtone that was set for a specific person rang through out the townhome. The Katy Perry song 'Hot n Cold' brought (Y/N) from her crouched position and back to the counter where her phone coined to buzz. Without thinking, she placed on a smile and answered the phone.

"Hello~"

"You're awake?" The familiar voice of Strawberry rang through her ears as her fake smile soon turned real.

"I've learned to stay up late for a while." She commented as she turned off the stove and walked towards her room, where her animals all sat; waiting for her to finally go to bed.

"You sound terrible."

"Wow, you're such a charmer." She responded, which only received a sigh at the end as it went silent.

"Is something wrong?" He asked, which sort of shocked the (E/C) eyed female, since the fact that he was almost worried would be close, if not, actually impossible.

"It's really nothing. Call it lady issues—"

"Your mother?" Her eyes widened as she heard the incoming words. She sat on her bed, causing her Puggle to lay next to her after sensing her emotions.

"Your father told me on the phone after I asked why she couldn't just get you. Both of you are blunt." She chuckled as she held back tears all due to the slight joke her friend made; which was a rarity.

"I'll bet you suffered worse;

So there's no issue of what I go through."

As morning came around, the familiar sound of (Y/N)'s alarm clock jolted in her sleep. As she turned it off, she heard the faint noise of a familiar alarm ring too; she looked for the source, until she finally took notice of the overnight FaceTime call between her and her friend. A loud thump was heard as the chiming came to an end.

"Holy shit, did you break it—"

"I just woke up." He warned as he brought his hand towards the phone. She thought he was going to end the call, so she got ready to turn off her own device, until he simply moved it to stand in the bathroom as he brushed his teeth.

She did the same, before their lives went into two different ways. He went to eat, and for him, food was already prepared like it was Red Lobster on a Friday night. An array of foods were made for him, while (Y/N) was forced to simply wind up a protein shake that tasted somewhat like chocolate for her. Cheap and easy too.

"Grab the bag! Get your keys; on the counter. Left, right, stop, 3 inches up—Yes, there." Her father finally zoomed out of the house as he skidded away in his Kia car. Strawberry was forced to watch the whole scenario happen as he simply relaxed for a few minutes of extra time. After (Y/N) cleaned the pan and any remaining dishes, she went to her door and slid on a pair of shoes, which Strawberry did as well, before the two exited their homes.

"Does it take you long to get to the train station?" (Y/N) asked as the slight burst of wind caused her hair to move back; which she tried to fight against...Which also came to no avail.

"No"

"No."

The two stopped in their tracks as the echoing in their phones dulled down in intensity. The two ended the call after (Y/N) took a screenshot so she could remember. They both boarded the train, which was surprisingly easy to enter, since many people weren't showing up today.

"Why aren't there any people?" She asked while glancing around as she sat in her assigned seat. He gave a usual annoyed look, before he pointed out the obvious.

"To watch the sports festival."

"Oh yeah...

THAT'S TODAY?!"

Words: 1620

(Not edited! And finally time for some Sports festival action!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

513K 24.9K 40
[❗️INDEFINITE HIATUS. UNDER EDITING AND REVISION.❗️] i'm lost in the facade. . . you were always told you were the equivalent to a god, so why were y...
2K 117 33
┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐ 𝐿𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝑜𝓁 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓈𝓈, 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓋𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓋...
236K 11.4K 18
❛ WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT THAT I'D GET YOU? ╰┈➤ in which todoroki shoto agrees to be in a fake relationship with...
341K 10.8K 53
"𝐒𝐇𝐔𝐓 𝐔𝐏 𝐁𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐆𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄" "𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃" ----༉‧₊˚✧ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ in which childhood friends meet ag...