Key to the Heart - A Kingdom...

By PhoenixBunny456

Ruby was born in another world (the real world) and at an early age, she learned that no one has happy ending... More

Chapter 1: Ruby!
Chapter 2: Ruby's First Friends and the New Girl?
Chapter 3: Ruby's First Touch of Loneliness!
Chapter 4: First Ever Reunion!
Chapter 5: Inseparable Friends!
Chapter 6: Friendly Conversations!
Chapter 7: Secrets Even in Friendships!
Chapter 8: First Friendship Fight!
Chapter 9: Reconnecting?
Chapter 10: Xion Vanishes!
Chapter 11: Finding Xion!
Chapter 13: Sora, Donald and Goofy!
Chapter 14: Ruby Taken Over By Darkness!
Chapter 15: Beast's Castle!
Chapter 16: Saving Beast!
Chapter 17: Land of Dragons!
Chapter 18: Escaping The Underworld!
Chapter 19: Olympus Coliseum!
Chapter 20: Disney Castle Is Under Attack!
Chapter 21: Pirate Tales!
Chapter 22: And Fish Tails!
Chapter 23: The Knight of Nightmare!
Chapter 24: Friends In All Shapes and Sizes!
Chapter 25: The True King of the Pride Lands!
Chapter 26: Not Ready To Say Goodbye Yet!
Chapter 27: DTD
Chapter 28: Reunion At Hollow Bastion!
Chapter 29: Under The Sea and Saving China - Again!
Chapter 30: When You Give Your Entire Being In An Attack!
Chapter 31: We'll Meet Again - I'll Make Sure of It!
Chapter 32: Let's Be Friends, Naminé!
Chapter 33: Sora and Riku's Return - Axel's Return To Radiant Gardens!
Chapter 34: Keep Your Hands Off Our Light!
Chapter 35: Heart's Intertwined!
Chapter 36: The Search For Roxas Begins!
Chapter 37: Meeting Little Chef and the Old Mansion Computer!
Chapter 38: Helping Friends!
Chapter 39: Saving Ansem the Wise and Freeing Aqua From Darkness
Chapter 40: Axel and Ventus's Reunion!
Chapter 41: Roxas's Return and the Adopted Siblings Reunite!
Chapter 42: Key To The Heart

Chapter 12: Saying Goodbye!

224 6 3
By PhoenixBunny456

        "Breath... should I take a deep?" Ruby is shown sitting alone on the clock tower as she stares out at the sunset. "Faith... should I take the leap?" Roxas is shown in his organization thirteen cloak with the hood up. "Taste... what a bittersweet!" The two are shown walking the opposite direction of one another before they are shown looking at one another from over their shoulders. "All my, all my life!" Axel is shown walking over to Roxas and putting his arm around his neck and pulls him away. "Let me face!" Ruby is shown looking away as she stood alone. "Let me face!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown running from Nobodies that suddenly attack. "Let me face my fears!" Roxas is shown looking down sadly as he was forced to follow orders. "Let me face! Let me face! Let me face my fears!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown laughing as she sits next to Roxas as the two talk. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown standing with shock on her face as Roxas is shown standing in front of her. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown crying as she stood alone. "I'm almost here!" Light flashes as Sora and Roxas are shown on separate screens before Roxas is shown fading away and Sora is shown alone. "Watch me cry all my tears!" Ruby is staring at the sky as it looked like doves fly around her. "Let me face!" Light flashes as Ruby is shown floating back as she reached up. "Let me face!" Roxas, Ruby, Xion and Axel are shown laughing together as Ruby and Roxas sat beside one another. "Let me face my fears!" Music continues to play as Ruby and Roxas are shown reuniting before Ruby is shown sitting alone as she stares at out the sky and the title is shown above her.

Ruby waited patiently for her friends to show up. She was sitting at the ice cream place. She writes in her journal and she looks over when she spots a black coat arriving through a portal.

"Was that Xion?" Ruby asks. She heads after the person and finds the person in the forest. The person pulls down his hood to reveal a man and Ruby blinks confused. She watches a little strange cloaked figure walking up to the man. The little strange cloaked figure jumps back and summons a Keyblade.

'A Keyblade!' Ruby's thoughts say. The man pulls on a bandana and he transforms into a kid a little older than Ruby. Ruby's eyes widen in shock.

'What in the world?' Ruby's thoughts asks.

"Riku!" The little strange cloaked figure says.

'That's the Riku who Roxas woke up saying the name of?' Ruby's thoughts ask.

"Your majesty." Riku replies.

"Gosh, have I been worried about you! Where've you been all this time?" The little strange cloaked figure says.

"I've been... searching for a way to conquer the darkness within me." Riku says, "While we wait for Sora to awaken."

'Sora?' Ruby's thoughts ask.

"The way you looked—" The little strange cloaked figure says.

"You don't have to worry about me." Riku replies, "I'm getting the hang of keeping the darkness under control."

"And Sora... did something go wrong with fixing all his memories?" The little cloaked figure replies.

"There's a reason the Organization's been quiet since our battle at Castle Oblivion." Riku says, "And I know it's not because a depletion in members made them weak."

'Organization? Castle Oblivion?' Ruby's thoughts ask.

"Taking Sora's memory apart piece by piece was only the first step in what they were trying to do at Castle Oblivion. And I think they needed more time to fix his memory." Riku says.

"You know, you and me were both looking into what the Organization was up to, but what I saw didn't look like much." The little strange cloaked figure says, "Almost like they're trying to buy some time..."

"Right. Sora's memories are what they're after." Riku says, "And they needed all this time until now to absorb every piece of it. The process of putting his memory back together has gone nowhere... They have what's most precious to Sora... his memories of Kairi."

"Well, then you have to let me help! Maybe, I could get the memories back!" The little strange creature says.

"I've got that covered, your maj— I mean, Mickey. Instead, I want to ask you for a favor." Riku says.

"And what will that be?" Mickey replies.

"I have to face one of the Organization's members soon. I might not survive the fight. And if I do, it might be because I gave in to the darkness." Riku says.

'Darkness?' Ruby's thoughts ask.

"That means you're the only one who will be there for Sora, Donald and Goofy – the only one who can guide them when they awaken." Riku says.

"Riku..." Mickey says.

"Promise me, Mickey." Riku says, "When our friends wake up, you have to be there to help them out."

"I promise, Riku." Mickey says.

Ruby sneaks away as fast and as quietly as she could. She didn't know what she'd just heard, but it sounded like the figure wanted to make Roxas, Axel and Xion as the villains. That couldn't be true. They weren't villains at all. They were her friends.

The following couple of days, Ruby didn't see her friends at all. She was getting worried. She sat hugging her knees as she stared out at the sunset after finishing her ice cream. She looks up when she heard footsteps belonging to Roxas.

"Roxas!" Ruby says as she gets up. Tears fill her eyes.

"Can we just sit and talk?" Roxas asks and Ruby nods. The two sit down and stare out at the sunset. Both hug their knees.

"I've decided to leave the organization." Roxas says.

"R-Really?" Ruby asks.

"Yeah. But I have no idea where to do." Roxas says.

"There are plenty of worlds. You been to them." Ruby says.

"Hmm." Roxas says and Ruby and Roxas gasp when Xion sits down beside them.

"Xion!" The two say in unison. She holds out two ice creams for the two of them and she holds one as well.

"Roxas... Ruby... I'm out of time." Xion whispers and she stands up. She pulls her hood down and Ruby and Roxas's eyes widen in shock.

"Even if I'm not ready... I have to make this choice. Roxas, you've poured so many memories into me... give me so much... that I feel like I'm about to overflow. Look at me, Roxas. Who do you see?" Xion asks, "If you see somebody else's face... a boy's face... that that means I'm almost ready. This puppet will have to play her part."

"Xion... what... what's going on? You... you sound like you're saying goodbye." Ruby says as tears fill her eyes.

"Roxas... this is him. It's Sora." Xion says.

"Xion, please... tell me... are you... saying goodbye?" Ruby asks.

"I am... And... I'm afraid you won't ever remember me." Xion says.

"But you're my friend!" Ruby says as the tears begin to fall from her face.

"You're next, Roxas. I have to make you a part of me, too." Xion says, "Don't you see? This is why I was created." Roxas pushes Ruby out of the way on the top of the tower as Xion attacks him. Ruby's eyes widen in shock as she watches.

"Roxas! Xion!" Ruby yells and the two jump to the ground to fight. Ruby rushes down the stairs just as the fight is ending. Ruby rushes over to Roxas as he was the only person she knew.

"Who are you... again?" Roxas asks looking at Xion.

"Roxas? Are you alright? Who is she? Why did she just start attacking you like that?" Ruby asks.

"I'm not sure. But it's weird. I feel like I'm forgetting something really important." Roxas says and Ruby's eyes widen. Ruby felt the same way but she wasn't sure why.

"I'm sorry... to make you... forget as well... Ruby, when all you... wanted was friends... but you'll be... better off now... Roxas." Xion says and she begins to fall. Ruby's eyes widen as she and Roxas reach forward regardless to catch Xion.

"Am I... the one who did this to you?" Roxas asks.

"No... It was... my choice to go away now..." Xion says, "Better that, than to do nothing... and let Xemnas have his way."

"I feel like... a huge piece of me... is missing." Ruby says.

"Don't worry... you'll feel better soon... Ruby..." Xion says.

"How do you... know my name?" Ruby asks and Xion shakes her head.

"I belong... with Sora. And now, I am going back... to be with him. Roxas, Ruby... I need you... to do me a favor. All those hearts that I've captured... Kingdom Hearts... Set them free." Xion says.

"Kingdom Hearts... Free them?" Roxas asks. Roxas and Ruby watch Xion turn crumble away like glass.

"Goodbye Roxas, Ruby... See you again. I'm glad I got to meet you... oh and Axel too. I'm glad I got to meet you... You three are my best friends... Never forget. That's the truth." Xion says and Ruby's eyes widen.

"Xion!" Ruby says causing Roxas's eyes to widen.

"Who else will we have ice cream with?" Roxas asks and Ruby begins crying as Xion fades away to nothing. In Xion's wake was a purple and yellow seashell. Xion had planned to give it to Ruby because it looked like Ruby's eyes.

"Xion..." Roxas says and the two sit crying together.

After a while of crying, Roxas looks at Ruby. Ruby kept crying for the loss of their friend.

"Ruby... I have a job to do." Roxas says and Ruby looks up as Roxas stands up.

"Does that mean you are leaving too?" Ruby asks.

"Yes." Roxas says and Ruby takes his hand to stop him.

"Please don't!" Ruby says.

"I have to keep my promise to her." Roxas says.

"What if you don't come back?" Ruby asks, "I'll be alone."

"You'll never be alone. We're all in your memories that you wrote into your diary." Roxas says.

"You knew about that?" Ruby asks.

"Axel mentioned it during a mission." Roxas says, "Ruby... I'll come back eventually."

"I don't... want to be alone." Ruby says, "I've been alone all my life, Roxas! I finally found friends in you, Axel and Xion! I don't want to lose what I have!"

"You won't lose us. We're in your memories." Roxas says and Ruby sniffles as she wipes her face. Roxas smiles at her and he places his hand on her shoulder.

"I promise I'll come back, Ruby." Roxas says and Ruby nods.

"I'll be here waiting." Ruby says and she smiles as the tears still stream down her face. Roxas walks away into a portal and Ruby falls to her knees as she goes back to sobbing. That was the last time she saw Roxas in person. Ruby's memories of Xion completely begin to fade but they lived on in the diary that Ruby kept. She had written down every day of their friendship.

In the world of the datascape that Roxas was placed in until Sora was ready to wake up, she became known as the Clock tower Princess.The girl who never came down from the tower for anything. In the datascape,Roxas and his three friends, Olette, Pence and Hayner became good friends with her. Even tried to invite her to some places to hang out but she never came down from the tower. In the datascape she was a prisoner to the top of the clock tower her only reply as to why she never came down. She was waiting for someone. In reality, she searched the town for any traces of her friend.     

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 2.4K 37
Y/n, a boy of mystery. No one has a clue where he came from nor how he got to the island. He thought he was normal but that clearly was not the case...
46.7K 1K 47
In the old mansion of Twilight Town, a young girl without a heart slept, waiting to be awoken. Now awake Yuki must decide if the people who woke her...
275K 2.7K 126
••• REQUESTS CLOSED••• I do not own Kingdom hearts, Square Enix or any of the characters in the game. Nor do I own you. Only yours and the characters...
2.3K 87 16
(Book 3) After Kirihax was brought into the Organization with Roxas, her life changes and so is Roxas's. However, their lives changed even more when...