Key to the Heart - A Kingdom...

By PhoenixBunny456

Ruby was born in another world (the real world) and at an early age, she learned that no one has happy ending... More

Chapter 1: Ruby!
Chapter 2: Ruby's First Friends and the New Girl?
Chapter 3: Ruby's First Touch of Loneliness!
Chapter 4: First Ever Reunion!
Chapter 5: Inseparable Friends!
Chapter 6: Friendly Conversations!
Chapter 8: First Friendship Fight!
Chapter 9: Reconnecting?
Chapter 10: Xion Vanishes!
Chapter 11: Finding Xion!
Chapter 12: Saying Goodbye!
Chapter 13: Sora, Donald and Goofy!
Chapter 14: Ruby Taken Over By Darkness!
Chapter 15: Beast's Castle!
Chapter 16: Saving Beast!
Chapter 17: Land of Dragons!
Chapter 18: Escaping The Underworld!
Chapter 19: Olympus Coliseum!
Chapter 20: Disney Castle Is Under Attack!
Chapter 21: Pirate Tales!
Chapter 22: And Fish Tails!
Chapter 23: The Knight of Nightmare!
Chapter 24: Friends In All Shapes and Sizes!
Chapter 25: The True King of the Pride Lands!
Chapter 26: Not Ready To Say Goodbye Yet!
Chapter 27: DTD
Chapter 28: Reunion At Hollow Bastion!
Chapter 29: Under The Sea and Saving China - Again!
Chapter 30: When You Give Your Entire Being In An Attack!
Chapter 31: We'll Meet Again - I'll Make Sure of It!
Chapter 32: Let's Be Friends, NaminΓ©!
Chapter 33: Sora and Riku's Return - Axel's Return To Radiant Gardens!
Chapter 34: Keep Your Hands Off Our Light!
Chapter 35: Heart's Intertwined!
Chapter 36: The Search For Roxas Begins!
Chapter 37: Meeting Little Chef and the Old Mansion Computer!
Chapter 38: Helping Friends!
Chapter 39: Saving Ansem the Wise and Freeing Aqua From Darkness
Chapter 40: Axel and Ventus's Reunion!
Chapter 41: Roxas's Return and the Adopted Siblings Reunite!
Chapter 42: Key To The Heart

Chapter 7: Secrets Even in Friendships!

135 3 0
By PhoenixBunny456

        "Breath... should I take a deep?" Ruby is shown sitting alone on the clock tower as she stares out at the sunset. "Faith... should I take the leap?" Roxas is shown in his organization thirteen cloak with the hood up. "Taste... what a bittersweet!" The two are shown walking the opposite direction of one another before they are shown looking at one another from over their shoulders. "All my, all my life!" Axel is shown walking over to Roxas and putting his arm around his neck and pulls him away. "Let me face!" Ruby is shown looking away as she stood alone. "Let me face!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown running from Nobodies that suddenly attack. "Let me face my fears!" Roxas is shown looking down sadly as he was forced to follow orders. "Let me face! Let me face! Let me face my fears!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown laughing as she sits next to Roxas as the two talk. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown standing with shock on her face as Roxas is shown standing in front of her. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown crying as she stood alone. "I'm almost here!" Light flashes as Sora and Roxas are shown on separate screens before Roxas is shown fading away and Sora is shown alone. "Watch me cry all my tears!" Ruby is staring at the sky as it looked like doves fly around her. "Let me face!" Light flashes as Ruby is shown floating back as she reached up. "Let me face!" Roxas, Ruby, Xion and Axel are shown laughing together as Ruby and Roxas sat beside one another. "Let me face my fears!" Music continues to play as Ruby and Roxas are shown reuniting before Ruby is shown sitting alone as she stares at out the sky and the title is shown above her.

[Twenty Days Later]

Xion and Axel sit eating ice cream. Xion takes a bite and she looks over and sighs. She hadn't seen Ruby for about a month. She was starting to get worried. She understood that Ruby was human so she knew that it was safer for Ruby to stay away from Nobodies like them, but at the same time, she missed having Ruby to bright the conversation.

"She's not coming." Axel says.

"We haven't seen her since... since we talked about not being friends forever." Xion says.

"It finally reached her. We don't exist and we'll never exist." Axel says.

"Roxas and her are close. I thought that one of the reasons she came was because of Roxas. Speaking of... he's late today as well." Xion says.

"Hope Xigbar isn't giving him too hard of a time." Axel says.

"Yeah, right." Xion says, "You know what, Axel?"

"Hm?" Axel asks.

"When I sit here and talk with you guys... I get the strangest feeling... that a long time ago, I used to watch the sunset with somebody else. It's the same when I watch the sea. Someplace by the sea... where I hear the sound of the waves... I get the feeling that I was talking with someone." Xion says.

"So you mean that... you have memories of your past?" Axel asks.

"No... it's not quite like that. Well, I dunno. What do you think? Are these memories?" Xion asks.

"Huh... I wouldn't know either." Axel says.

"You have memories, don't you?" Xion asks.

"Yeah, sorta. Though it's not like they've ever really done me any good." Axel says.

"Roxas is like me. Neither one of us remembers much. I wonder if he and I... had this much in common before we were Nobodies." Xion says.

[Earlier that Day]

Ruby finished up her class work and she begins to read. She looks up when she spots three people move in front of her. It was Olette, Hayner and Pence.

"Hey, Ruby." Olette says.

"Hello." Ruby says.

"Where do you go every day?" Hayner asks.

"Nowhere." Ruby says.

"Really? We've seen you talking to some kids on the clocktower." Pence says.

"Well, I'm done doing that." Ruby replies as she gets when the bell rings.

"Why? You always look so happy when you are talking with them. It's cute." Olette says.

"Yeah, we've never seen you smile so much." Hayner says.

"Well, I'm not hanging out with them anymore!" Ruby says as she walks away from them.

Ruby stops by the ice cream shop and grabs herself some sea-salt ice cream. She walks home as she slowly eats it. She stops in her tracks as she wondered why she kept getting ice cream every day. She finishes the ice cream and looked at the ice cream stick. She resumes going home. She cleans the stick off and she dries it before she walks over to her model that she'd been making. She always made sure to get the others sticks so that she could make a model of the clock tower. She wanted to present it to them when it is finished and they could take a picture to document their friendship.

[The Following Day]

Ruby went to the clock tower early since she knew she wouldn't catch any of the group. She'd been sitting there for about an hour when Roxas showed up.

"Ruby!" Roxas says happily and Ruby looks up and her eyes widen.

"R-Roxas, why are you here so early?" Ruby asks.

"I've got the day off. Is today your day off too?" Roxas asks and Ruby nods slowly, "Cool!"

"I... should really be going." Ruby says as she gets up and starts to walk away. Roxas grabs her hand.

"What's been wrong with you?" Roxas asks, "You haven't been coming here in the afternoon when we're here. Why? Axel says that it's because you're accepting that we don't really exist. I don't blame you for that... but I thought we are friends."

"You exist to me." Ruby says, "But the thought of you all thinking that there will come a time when you don't exist anymore makes me sad, Roxas. I'll be the only one guaranteed to stay here."

"So, you want to sacrifice the time that we have left by not being around us?" Roxas asks and Ruby looks down.

"It means I won't get hurt in the long run." Ruby says.

"But we miss you." Roxas says, "You brighten out conversations. You're our friend. We keep coming to the same spot because you're normally there."

"Do you really mean that?" Ruby asks.

"Of course I do. You're my friend." Roxas says and Ruby gets tears in her eyes.

"Roxas... before I met you all, I felt like you... like I didn't have a heart. The first time I felt emotion was talking with you all and if there's going to come a time where I don't feel that at all... it's better to cut it off now." Ruby says.

"But you do have a heart. More than we ever will. You should actually let your heart experience what it wants." Roxas says as Ruby thinks about it, "Look at me giving advice to a girl about having feelings."

"That is pretty funny." Ruby says and the two laugh.

"There you are." Roxas says and Ruby looks at him shocked and confused.

"What?" Ruby asks.

"Oh nothing, I just like seeing you smile more." Roxas says and Ruby's cheeks turn bright red.

"You don't just say that to a girl, Roxas!" Ruby says and she punches his arm playfully. The two laugh together.

"Come on, let's get some ice cream together and we can catch up." Roxas says, "I've got loads of stories to tell you from my adventures while working."

"Alright, sure." Ruby says and the two laugh as they get ice cream and head back up to the tower. They sit there eating it and talking when Axel shows up.

"I knew I'd find you here. Surprised to see, Ruby, but I knew you'd be here, Roxas." Axel says.

"Axel..." Roxas says.

"Sorry, I've been gone. Haven't been feeling up to coming up here." Ruby says.

"Well, in any case, I'm glad you decided to come back. Roxas has been weird without you here." Axel says.

"I have not." Roxas says and Ruby giggles. Axel stretches and yawns.

"I slept like a log." Axel says and he looks at Ruby, "Are the kids here on summer vacation? Nah, it's much too early."

"We're on a small break." Ruby says.

"Summer vacation? What's that?" Roxas asks.

"It's a dream come true, that's what – where they get a whole month off." Axel says.

"A month off? I wouldn't know what to do with that much time." Roxas says, "I can't even figure out how to fill a day."

"You'd be surprised." Axel says.

"They give us plenty of home work and of course you have to play with your friends every day." Ruby says.

"But we're your friends." Roxas says.

"Which is why I'll be doing the homework and relaxing in the evening hanging with you guys." Ruby says.

"It's over before you could blink though, right, Ruby?" Axel asks.

"Yep." Ruby says.

"Hmm... I could deal with seven days, maybe?" Roxas asks.

"Most kids spend the time just goofing off with their friends." Axel says.

"Those kids especially. They talked to me yesterday. I think they want me to be their friend." Ruby says.

"Really?" Roxas asks.

"But I've already got you three." Ruby says.

"Oh." Roxas says.

"And I'm happy with the three I've got. No matter what." Ruby says.

"We're great and all, but you should be friends with them." Axel says.

"Maybe..." Roxas says.

"Ruby! You're back!" Xion says.

"Hey, Xion." Ruby says.

"Where did you go, Xion?" Roxas asks.

"I didn't go anywhere." Xion says, "What about you two? Did you guys go somewhere without me?"

"Axel says he was asleep all day." Roxas says.

"What? What's that about? You wasted a day off?" Xion asks.

"Unlike you two lazybones, I work hard, so I'm tired, okay?" Axel says.

"Unlike me and Roxas, maybe you're just out of shape." Xion says. Ruby laughs with the guys and Xion joins in.

"Tomorrow it's back to work." Axel says after about twenty minutes of the group talking about nonsense.

"Yeah..." Roxas says.

"Hope we get another vacation soon." Xion says.

"Oh yeah... I might not see you guys again for while." Axel says.

"Huh?" Roxas asks.

"They're sending me out on recon for a few days."Axel explains.

"Where?" Xion asks.

"Can't tell." Axel says.

"What's up with that?" Roxas asks.

"It's a secret mission." Axel says.

"Translation: Axel's going to play hooky again." Ruby teases and the group laughs.

"No!" Axel says and the group laughs some more.

"But I thought we were friends?" Xion asks.

"Hey, I'm not about to tell you ALL my dark secrets." Axel says, "Got it memorized?"

"You've got secrets?" Ruby asks.

"Dark secrets?" Roxas asks at the same time as he looks at Ruby and Xion confused.

"I'm kidding." Axel says, "I just gotta keep my mouth shut about it, or else Saïx will get on my case. You know how he can get."

"I don't. Who is the mysterious Saïx?" Ruby asks.

"He's the one who gives us missions." Roxas says.

"He's also someone you never want to be seen around us when we're with him." Axel says, "There's no telling what he'd do."

"I'll be careful then." Ruby says.

"And look out for him as well. He's got a giant scar on his face." Axel says.

"Got it." Ruby says.

"Try not to bungle everything while I'm gone, huh?" Axel asks.

"Now, why would we do that?" Xion asks.

"Well, considering your track record, I just can't count on you guys." Axel says.

"Hey!" Xion says. Axel begins laughing and Ruby does too.

"We can handle things just fine!" Xion says.

"That's right, just you watch!" Roxas says. The group laughs together.     

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 1K 47
In the old mansion of Twilight Town, a young girl without a heart slept, waiting to be awoken. Now awake Yuki must decide if the people who woke her...
6.8K 223 21
(Book 2) 10 years after a raging battle against Xehanort and Vanitas, Hikari goes on a new adventure with Sora, Donald and Goofy to search for Riku...
772 4 10
S A N C T U A R Y A story about Vampires and true love. And maybe some deceivement on the side? Yes please! β–Ή Book One of the 'Sanctuary' Series ...
14.8K 149 16
A year after the events of their last adventure, Sora, Kairi, Riku are now setting down to rest. But now, they're about to take on their ultimate jou...