Key to the Heart - A Kingdom...

By PhoenixBunny456

Ruby was born in another world (the real world) and at an early age, she learned that no one has happy ending... More

Chapter 1: Ruby!
Chapter 2: Ruby's First Friends and the New Girl?
Chapter 3: Ruby's First Touch of Loneliness!
Chapter 4: First Ever Reunion!
Chapter 5: Inseparable Friends!
Chapter 7: Secrets Even in Friendships!
Chapter 8: First Friendship Fight!
Chapter 9: Reconnecting?
Chapter 10: Xion Vanishes!
Chapter 11: Finding Xion!
Chapter 12: Saying Goodbye!
Chapter 13: Sora, Donald and Goofy!
Chapter 14: Ruby Taken Over By Darkness!
Chapter 15: Beast's Castle!
Chapter 16: Saving Beast!
Chapter 17: Land of Dragons!
Chapter 18: Escaping The Underworld!
Chapter 19: Olympus Coliseum!
Chapter 20: Disney Castle Is Under Attack!
Chapter 21: Pirate Tales!
Chapter 22: And Fish Tails!
Chapter 23: The Knight of Nightmare!
Chapter 24: Friends In All Shapes and Sizes!
Chapter 25: The True King of the Pride Lands!
Chapter 26: Not Ready To Say Goodbye Yet!
Chapter 27: DTD
Chapter 28: Reunion At Hollow Bastion!
Chapter 29: Under The Sea and Saving China - Again!
Chapter 30: When You Give Your Entire Being In An Attack!
Chapter 31: We'll Meet Again - I'll Make Sure of It!
Chapter 32: Let's Be Friends, Naminé!
Chapter 33: Sora and Riku's Return - Axel's Return To Radiant Gardens!
Chapter 34: Keep Your Hands Off Our Light!
Chapter 35: Heart's Intertwined!
Chapter 36: The Search For Roxas Begins!
Chapter 37: Meeting Little Chef and the Old Mansion Computer!
Chapter 38: Helping Friends!
Chapter 39: Saving Ansem the Wise and Freeing Aqua From Darkness
Chapter 40: Axel and Ventus's Reunion!
Chapter 41: Roxas's Return and the Adopted Siblings Reunite!
Chapter 42: Key To The Heart

Chapter 6: Friendly Conversations!

134 3 0
By PhoenixBunny456

        "Breath... should I take a deep?" Ruby is shown sitting alone on the clock tower as she stares out at the sunset. "Faith... should I take the leap?" Roxas is shown in his organization thirteen cloak with the hood up. "Taste... what a bittersweet!" The two are shown walking the opposite direction of one another before they are shown looking at one another from over their shoulders. "All my, all my life!" Axel is shown walking over to Roxas and putting his arm around his neck and pulls him away. "Let me face!" Ruby is shown looking away as she stood alone. "Let me face!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown running from Nobodies that suddenly attack. "Let me face my fears!" Roxas is shown looking down sadly as he was forced to follow orders. "Let me face! Let me face! Let me face my fears!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown laughing as she sits next to Roxas as the two talk. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown standing with shock on her face as Roxas is shown standing in front of her. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown crying as she stood alone. "I'm almost here!" Light flashes as Sora and Roxas are shown on separate screens before Roxas is shown fading away and Sora is shown alone. "Watch me cry all my tears!" Ruby is staring at the sky as it looked like doves fly around her. "Let me face!" Light flashes as Ruby is shown floating back as she reached up. "Let me face!" Roxas, Ruby, Xion and Axel are shown laughing together as Ruby and Roxas sat beside one another. "Let me face my fears!" Music continues to play as Ruby and Roxas are shown reuniting before Ruby is shown sitting alone as she stares at out the sky and the title is shown above her.

"It looks like every Nobody in the Organization is good at different things." Roxas says.

"That's right. Everybody's unique." Axel says.

"Different things like what? You guys can do magic?" Ruby asks.

"Well, I wouldn't call it magic." Axel says.

"Even Nobodies without hearts?" Xion asks.

"Just because we don't all have hearts doesn't mean that we're all exactly the same. We each have memories of our pasts." Axel says.

"Oh? What's your past like?" Ruby asks.

"Uh..." Axel says.

"Memories?" Xion asks.

"You remember your past?" Roxas asks.

"Yeah, that's one of the things that make each member of the Organization special. We remember who we were as humans." Axel says.

"But I don't..." Roxas says.

"Me neither." Xion says.

"Well, maybe that right there is what makes you guys the most unique in the Organization." Axel says.

"What were you like before you were a Nobody?" Roxas asks.

"Huh? Me? Oh, I dunno. I think I've always been pretty much the same." Axel says.

"Loud and obnoxious?" Ruby teases.

"Hey, me being like this has made it where you can't forget me." Axel says.

"Yeah, I've got you memorized." Ruby says.

"Exactly!" Axel says and Ruby giggles.

"I wish I could remember stuff like that." Roxas says.

"Really? It's just baggage, you know." Axel says.

"But I-I can't remember anything. Not even from when I was born a Nobody." Roxas says.

"Aha, there lies the proof you're not a Nobody. You're human." Ruby says, "Just like me."

"All you did was stare into space." Axel says.

"Oh, thanks!" Roxas says and Ruby giggles.

"Yeah, you were pretty much a zombie that first say I met you guys." Ruby says and the group laughs.

"You know, I don't really remember much either." Xion says.

"You two sure do have a lot in common." Axel says.

"When I first saw the two of them I thought they looked similar." Ruby says.

"What? Us look similar? No way." Roxas says.

"Just a little bit in the face." Ruby says.

[A Few Days Later]

Ruby sat reading a book about daring adventures while Axel arrived. He sat there for a little while before he laid back and looked up at the sky and sighed.

"Ah, so quiet." Axel says.

"Which is why I come here to read or think." Ruby says.

"I know what you mean." Axel says. The two sit quietly for a while and Ruby looks over when she spots Roxas and Xion arriving.

"Axel!" Roxas says as he leans over Axel.

"Whoa! Where'd you come from?" Axel asks sitting up shocked. Ruby, Roxas and Xion laugh.

"How was your mission?" Roxas asks.

"You know, I sure wish the Heartless would hold still once in a while. I fell right on my butt chasing them around." Axel says.

"Oh, you poor baby." Ruby says as she teasingly mocked Axel who makes a slight whining sound.

"I thought you said you were tough?" Roxas asks.

"I heard that too." Ruby says.

"Yeah, whatever, that's got nothing to do with it." Axel says and Ruby looks at Roxas and Xion before the three start laughing, "So, how did your caper go?" Roxas looks at Xion. She nods before she holds out her hand and summons the keyblade to her hand.

"Ta-Da!" Roxas says.

"You got your key sword back." Ruby says.

"Keyblade." Roxas says.

"I was close." Ruby says.

"Roxas, Axel, thank you." Xion says.

"I didn't do anything." Axel says.

"You made it possible for the two of us to go on a mission together." Xion says.

"If it weren't for you, Xion might never have remembered how to use the Keyblade." Roxas says.

"So, thanks, Axel." Xion says.

"How about a sea-salt ice cream, then?" Axel asks.

"Huh?" Xion asks.

"Buy me one and we'll call it even." Axel says.

"I was there for emotional support." Ruby says as she grins. Xion nods at her.

"You're the only one who can have emotions." Axel says and Ruby whines as she scoots away with a sad look on her face.

"Thank you also, Ruby." Xion says, "I'll buy us all one. I'll be right back!" Xion heads away and Ruby giggles as Roxas laughs.

[Ten Minutes Later]

The group sits together and Ruby smiles as she looks out at the setting sun. She sighs happily as she was glad to finally be making memories and having friends.

"I hope we can always be just like this forever." Roxas says.

"Me too." Xion says.

"What's that all about?" Axel asks.

"Yeah, of course we'll be together forever. We're friends aren't we?" Ruby asks.

"I just... want these days to last forever. Hanging out, the ice cream, the sunsets..." Roxas says.

"Well, nothing lasts forever, you know?" Axel replies, "Least of all for a bunch of Nobodies like us. But it's okay if things change, and we can't meet up here."

"Huh?" Roxas asks while Ruby looks over with a shocked expression.

"As long as we keep each other in our thoughts, none of us will ever have to be apart." Axel says, "Got it memorized?"

"Wow that was so not you." Roxas says.

"Hey!" Axel says and playfully shoves Roxas. The group laughs. Xion looks at Ruby who was staring at her ice cream.

Axel made a convincing point. Ruby was beginning to believe them that they weren't really human, but she wasn't afraid of them. What she was becoming afraid of was losing them. She'd begun to cherish them as her friends and she didn't want to lose them, but she was afraid that it might actually happen. She may end up losing them for good. She'd be alone again. Her life would come full circle. She'd go back to being the weird kid in school. And because of that, she actually found herself not going to see them the following day.    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 83 12
(Book 6) After learning of Master Xehanort's impending return, King Mickey, Master Yen Sid and Hikari puts Sora and Riku through the Mark of Mastery...
19.6K 630 30
Y/n a girl from who is a very talented keyblade master known threw out the world. She is soon kidnapped after her small encounter with Sora, Donald...
6.8K 223 21
(Book 2) 10 years after a raging battle against Xehanort and Vanitas, Hikari goes on a new adventure with Sora, Donald and Goofy to search for Riku...
14.8K 149 16
A year after the events of their last adventure, Sora, Kairi, Riku are now setting down to rest. But now, they're about to take on their ultimate jou...