『Metanoia』‹Todoroki x Reader›

By Baotoku

met·a·noi·a /ˌmedəˈnoiə/Submit noun the journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life. "what he... More

↝ Ch. 1 ↜
↝ Ch. 2↜
↝ Ch. 4↜
↝ Ch. 5↜
↝ Ch. 6↜
↝ Ch. 7↜
↝ Ch. 8↜
↝ Ch. 9↜
↝ Ch. 10↜
↝ Valentine's Day Special↜

↝ Ch. 3↜

109 2 0
By Baotoku

✘3rd Person P.O.V.✘

—♥—

(Btw this story will have canon, but please expect non-canon parts cause I'm lazy to write it all. Up top is your hero costume! Yes, it includes the PoLe bEsiDe iT)

The train ride back to the school was hell for the dual haired boy, but nothing for the (H/C) haired female who sat beside him. Even though he rejected any sort of friendship, she pursued it upon him. Maybe it was because she only wanted to be friends based on the fact that he was, of course, the son of the number two hero? Use him for fame? Possibilities are endless.

Walking into the classroom finally felt like heaven for him as she made her way to her friend group. He watched her do so, before he escorted himself to his seat, where he finally let his own silence become his friend.

...

"I am...

Coming through the door like a normal person!" With that, chatter started to stop as everyone stared at the number one hero with admiration. (Y/N) kept her head on her desk on top of her arms as she glanced up.

"Hero basics training...It is a subject where you train in different ways to learn the basics of being a hero. You'll take the most units of this subject! Let's get right into it! This is what we'll do today—Combat training!" With his words, an eruption of excitement spread around the room while (Y/N) let a small smile appear.

"And to go with that are these! Costumes made by your Quirk registrations and requests you sent before school started. After you change, gather in Ground Beta!" With that, everyone got up to get their costumes. But, as (Y/N) went to get up—

"(Y/N)!" As she grabbed ahold of the case with her costume, the blonde hero grabbed ahold of (Y/N)'s shoulders while she gave a quick glance

"Hello!" She managed out through a small smile as the hero chuckled before he let her go. But once he did, the girls in the class instantly began to ask (Y/N) questions while they headed into the girls locker room.

"You know him?!" They asked as (Y/N) grabbed the costume from out of the bag. A small sigh released as the other girl's waited for an answer while changing into their costumes.

"He's..." She thought about it for a second as she slipped on the costume.

"My friend."

(Y/N) waved goodbye to the girls that she was talking to as she walked out of the room first.

"(Y/N)!" She felt an arm around her as she looked up to see her new friends that she made during English class. It was the redhead, the yellow haired one and the tape dispenser.

"Hm?" She muttered as she tried to get out of the yellow haired boy's grip but it came to no avail as they continued to walk.

"Nice costume, (Y/N)." The redhead complimented as a slight yawn came out from (Y/N). She looked down at her costume, then back at the male.

"Thanks, old design." She replied, then complimented all three other males to at least try to be nice. They all chuckled since her attempt was weak, but overall, they all pat her head and created a conversation.

"Now, it's time for combat training!" The hero yelled as (Y/N) stood close to her new friends.

"Sir! This is a battle centre from the entrance exam, so will we be conducting urban battles again?"A male asked as he wore a suit that made (Y/N) think of a robot.

"No, we are going to move two steps ahead. Most of the time, villain attacks occur outside. But, if you look at the total numbers, atrocious appear indoors at a higher rate. Truly intelligent villains work in the shadows! For this class, you'll be split into villains and heroes and fight 2-on-2 indoor battles." With that, the teams were made, each person had a team using the 'ABC's' as the team names.

"Aw, (Y/N) isn't paired with any of us. Anyway, have fun!" The yellow male said while patting her head, before he went to find his own partner. (Y/N) went to search for hers, but when she turned around, she was already face to face with him.

"Oh. Sorry if I startled you." The male with a tail said while (Y/N) waved her hands in the air, trying to say it's fine.

"Don't worry about it." She said while a slight smile stretched among her face so she could at least try t be friendly once again.

"The first teams to fight will be.."

"These guys!" He lifted the black ball, D, and the white ball, A. (Y/N) turned around to see the facial expressions of other people. There were 3 males and 1 female that showed some sort of emotion, so with that, (Y/N) knew who was going up. A small conversation started between (Y/N) and her partner as they walked towards the control room. 'Strawberry' watched from behind, not even knowing that he was staring at her.

"By the way, I like your costume." The tailed male said with a smile as (Y/N) looked down at it.

"Thanks, I like yours as well, nice and simple." She replied with her calm exterior, which left the male at ease. Without realising, (Y/N) had someone looking at her from afar.

"Thank you." The tailed male responded with a smile and a chuckle as they continued to talk. (Y/N) barely paid attention to the fight that both of her friends were in. But it's not like either of them would care.

"Hero team...Wins!" (Y/N) suddenly heard as she yawned. She was talking to her teammate for some of the time, then she actually watched the fight towards the end. Even the fight itself left her in a state of boredom.

"Cmon, it's our turn." (Y/N)'s teammate walked with her towards a new building since the last one was destroyed during the fight. They walked up to the floor with the certain villain weapon, then waited to start.

"Do you think we'll win?" Her teammate suddenly asked, making her face him with her usual dusted smile that was plastered against her face.

"No." She said bluntly. He nervously chuckled, but she had already warned him about her blunt ways, so he didn't necessarily mind.

—This will of course be different from the anime, but bare with me here.—

"Timer starts now!" They all heard in their earpiece, making the tailed male get slightly nervous. There was a few seconds, until Ice spread across the floor, walls, and ceiling. It's hard texture trapped them as they both heard footsteps.

"(Y/N)—"

"Shh." She used the slight heat of her smoke to thaw out at least a bit of ice, before she left the rest to break due to the pressure of her flowery, yet wooden stick being harshly hit upon the ice. Once free, she hid beside the doorway with a calm look now set on her.

"(Y/n)—"

"Strawberry." She draped her arms around the new 'friend' that she had dubbed the name 'Strawberry', which startled him secretly at first, until he realised that she was trying to blind him. He hit her gut, and then froze her to the ground. As soon as she brought more smoke—

"Hero team wins!" She heard in the earpiece as she stood up.

"Sorry." She told her teammate as she helped with the ice to turn it into water from the heat. Her stomach hurt slightly so she used her weapon to help her stand slightly. She coughed a few times, then groaned as she let out a whole breath of simply smoke.

"Don't worry about it. At least you managed to do something." He replied while stepping out of the area he was in. He rubbed the nape of his neck, while Strawberry watched the two from behind. When they all went back to the room, (Y/N) was instantly greeted by her new friends.

"Are you always like that?" The redhead asked while referring to how she approached Strawberry from before. She nodded her head as she stared up at him.

"Usually Freckles yells at me. But I say it's fine if they are okay with it. Strawberry doesn't care." She replied while pointing to the said male across the room, who wasn't paying attention. Instead, he seemed to be thinking deeply while staring at the floor.

"Strawberry? Freckles?" The yellow haired male asked while leaning his elbow on her since she didn't care nonetheless.

"I don't remember anyone's name. So I use nicknames." She said bluntly once again as she stood between the two males.

"Do you have nicknames for us?" The red male asked as he looked slightly down at her. She nodded her head while a bit more smoke escaped.

"Redhead, and Pikachu." She finally said while pointing to the two of them. There was a slight pause, until they both chuckled.

"We'll stick with (Y/N)."

"Go away." The male warned as the same female literally skipped over to his side. It was as if she were a kindergartener coming from her first day of school.

"So mean." She pointed out as she looked up at the large tree that filled the opening at the top of the whole train station. She loved it, yet she didn't know why. The familiar memories of her mother ran in her head, before her focus went back onto the boy beside her.

"What?" She asked as she noticed heterochromatic eyes stare into her (E/C) ones. He kept their staring contest, until he walked into the train in which she did right after. She used her usual dancing smoke to get people to move away from her as she sat in her 'assigned' seat. At this time, 'Strawberry' took the opportunity to look at the tattoos marked against her.

"Aren't you too young for tattoos?" He asked as she brought her hands up so she could look at them.

"I made a dumb decision; used something for my advantage." The sentence only confused him as she ruffled through her bag so she could grab ahold of her phone. He knew exactly what she was doing, so he scooted his bag away, where his phone sat.

"I'll be quiet if you let me." The deal was quite promising, since a quiet ride wouldn't hurt anyone. Reluctantly, yet hesitantly, he gave her the expensive phone, while she placed hers onto her side. She sent a text to herself, then gave back the phone, before she grabbed ahold of her own and changed the contact name.

"Now shut up." The male added as he looked away, which only made her shrug as she snapped a photo for her contact list.

"I'll try."

Words: 1800

(Not edited!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 622 57
WARNING: CRINGY AF. BAD AT LITERALLY EVERYTHING. "Hey don't frown, you'll spoil your cute face with wrinkles." He said as he smiled brightly and held...
18.9K 256 10
Angst. Lots and lots of angst. If you're sensitive to depression, self harm or suicide, then please do not read this. I put my random TodoDeku though...
54.7K 2.9K 16
𝐒𝐔𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐃𝐄. | ❝ 𝘼𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙚...𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 ❞ ──────────────────── 𝐈𝐍 𝐖...
24.1K 687 19
Matching scars are a easy way to find your soulmate. Lucky for you, you and your soulmate both have a matching scar on your left eye. *Y/N is referre...