The Hollow (An Avengers FanFi...

By a_slice_of_toast

Pandora Logan is a fourteen-year-old genius assassin. She is considered a sociopath to most. When she is hire... More

The Infinity Series Lineup
Pilot
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Epilogue
Art
RIP Chadwick Boseman

Chapter Two

3.1K 40 8
By a_slice_of_toast

"Ward told us that you wanted to meet with us," one of the leaders of H.Y.D.R.A. says, "Why?" 

"Jonathon Greene, one of the most famous men in the United States," I state. I was there to show them my dominance. "Your family doesn't know that this is what you do. You just say you're going on a business trip."

"Excuse me, but that is private information," another H.Y.D.R.A. leader says. 

"Oh, I know, but is anything really private when even what you wear can tell a person who you are, what you do, where you've been?" I ask them. "I just wanted you all to know the information I have on you guys just by walking into this building and that I could tell the government, S.H.I.E.L.D., which I know they're on the lookout for me because I've had a run in with them recently, or you know, I can break into Avengers Tower and tell them."

"You won't even be able to make it out of the room with that information," Jonathon threatens. 

"Are you really using an empty threat? You wouldn't have sent someone to hire me if I wasn't needed," I scoffed, "I think even a five-year-old would be able to deduce that." 

"You know, it's funny," I laugh, "You're my employers, but yet I hold all this power just in the palm of my hand, but I guess that's the truth about all bosses. It all depends on their employees, but yet the employees don't seem to recognize that, but I do." 

"Thank you for your time, I'll be going now," I wave goodbye as I exit the room to be met by Grant Ward.

"Wow, you can get sadistic," Ward points out. 

"Just wanted them to know that I know I have a lot of power over them," I say, "And that was sadistic? I thought I was being quite friendly..."

"You really do look menacing even with how short you are," Ward teases, "You could pass for a nine-year-old with that baby face and height."

"Shut up!" I hiss, "I flipped a guy twice my size a few days ago, think I can't do the same to you?"

"Oh, I'd like to see you try--" he said, but as soon as he said those words, I grabbed his arm with both of my hands. I shifted my body under him, but then... he. God, I don't even want to say what he did. 

He lifted me up into the air just with one arm and then thrusted me down onto the ground. His hand was pressing down on my collarbone, keeping me pinned to the floor. My brown hair was splayed across the floor. My eyes were as wide as plates as I panted heavily. Nobody has been able to do that since I was five!

I tried to pull his arm away. "Not until you say uncle."

"Seriously?" I groan, "I'm not saying it!" 

"Then you'll just have to stay here on the floor," he sighed. My cheeks flushed at the position I was in. 

Goddamnit! Why does he have to be so fucking hot?! I scream in my head. Nope, nope! Do not like this! Okay, what are his weak points? Everyone has weak points, so if I use that to my strengths...

God, I am so dumb! What is literally every man's weakness?! I noticed that his crotch wasn't protected and my leg just happened to be near it, so you can imagine what happens next, but I'll tell ya anyway. 

I kick directly where it hurts. His hand quickly is released from my collarbone as he falls next to me. I sit up. "Nice job, kid," he compliments as he stands up. 

"Eh," I say as I waver my hand. "my hormones got in the way of my thinking." He offers me a hand up and I take it. He easily lifts me up to my feet. 

"You know, you'd be a pretty cute girl if you grew out your hair and dressed differently," he mentions. It was true that my hair was abnormally short and that I dressed more boyishly. 

"Eh, I'm not really into looking nice," I answer, "Skirts get in the way, I don't have cleavage to show, and I keep my hair short so that it won't get in the way."

"But it seems to get in your eyes anyway," he points out. 

I just shrug my shoulders. 

"I don't have time to get it cut professionally. I'm also not that short, I'm four feet and forty-five centimeters tall, " I explain.

Ward then takes out his phone. "Hey, Siri, how tall is the average nine-year-old?" he asked his phone.

"The average nine-year-old is one hundred thirty-three centimeters tall or four feet and forty-five inches tall, " its female ai voice spoke.

He had the most annoying smirk ever. "So, the internet disagrees with you, " he chuckles.

"Shut up. The internet must be wrong then, " I whine.

"Yeah, sure, " he sarcastically says.

"Well, then, how tall are you?" I asked annoyed.

"Six foot two, " he answers.

Goddamnit! Why is he tall?!

"Well, I'll meet you in that same park tomorrow to pick you up, " he says as we reach the door.

The base was located in a rundown pub in the poor area of New York.

"Oh, and be prepared to share a hotel room, " he winked before he closed the door.

My cheeks flushed. "Goddamnit, " I mutter under my breath.

"Hey, Jordan," I greet as I walk into his living room. I had apparently known Jordan since I was little, but I don't remember. 

"Oh, hello, Logan," his mom says as she walks into view from the kitchen, "Jordan is in his room." 

"Thanks, Mrs. Holiday," I say as I walk down the hall. There were several pictures of Jordan's family on the walls and one of us together as toddlers. I never wondered where my parents were because I didn't care. If they were still alive, whatever. If they were dead, whatever. I've lived this long without them. 

"Hey, Jordan," I greet again as I walk into his room. His room looked the same. Bunk beds with blue and green bed sets, posters of the Avengers on the wall, his dark oak desk with office chair covered in cat hair. And sitting in that chair was none other than Jordan himself. His blonde hair fell over his forehead since he hadn't put any product in it. His green eyes seemed to droop a little. "You didn't just get up, did you?"

"Maybe, but it's a Saturday, so it doesn't matter, " he answers as he scratches the back of his head. "Why are you here, though? You never come over anymore," he asks.

"I've gotten another job, but they say I'll be there for about a month, " I answer, "I just wanted you to know."

"Who hired you this time?" he asked.

"H.Y.D.R.A., " I answer, "Surprised me." I plopped down onto the bottom bunk as I laid down. "But I took it anyway. Anyway, there's this really attractive guy that works for them and he makes my hormones go out of whack." 

"Wait, you like someone? How old is he?" he asked. He suddenly became worried. Did he like me? 

"I'd say about thirty-six, but he looks young to the average eye," I answer. I study Jordan's movements and stance. "You're disappointed. You're slouching slightly more than before and your pupils are dilated. Are you upset that I find someone attractive that isn't you?"

"Well, what can I say? I've had a crush on you since we were little and you've never shown an interest in anybody sexually or romantically," he explains as he scratches the back of his neck, "I don't know. I guess I just thought you may like me back because you visit the Diner almost every day and you tell me about your job--"

"I get it," I interrupt, "I gave you special treatment, but you don't have to worry about me and him. He is thirty-six after all and even though he's in H.Y.D.R.A., I think he's not into the whole pedophile thing." 

"If it makes you feel better..." I stand up from his bed and kiss his cheek. "Now, you know that you're special 'cause I've never kissed anyone before now." 

"You know, I hate it when you call yourself a sociopath," he admits as he grabs my wrists, "'Cause a sociopath wouldn't even feel slightly bad about me feeling disappointed."

I walk down the damp sidewalk at his words. I'd always hidden my emotions well even from myself, and I didn't understand why I did that. I knew I wasn't a sociopath because I did care for the people I grew close to. Heck! I'm attached to Kelsie! Kelsie of all people!

I opened the front door to my apartment building.

"I do so hate this park, " I say as I sit on a swing. I throw my duffel bag onto the bark chips. My duffel bag held both my weapons and my clothes. 

"Wonder why," Ward says as he sits down next to me, "It couldn't possibly be because this is where we met, could it?" 

"Well, this is the place where my hormones first started to get in the way of my thinking," I answer.

"Are you ready to go?" he asks. I nod. 

"How long will we be there?" I ask. 

"About two weeks. We need to get to know his daily schedule so that we can kill him without having to kill any witnesses," Ward answers as he grabs my duffel bag, "Why? Got anything you want to be back for?" 

"I have a friend who'd be upset if I didn't come back within reasonable time, but two weeks seems reasonable." 

"Off we go then?" 

"Off we go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 448 11
The Avengers receive a new mission to bring in a supposed vigilante who kills anyone they've found to deserve it. *This story does not follow the act...
2.1M 51K 105
Hayden chase, a thirteen year old girl, she is a force to be recon with, everyone steers clear of her, But she has a deep dark secret, what happens...
36.3K 1K 31
Y/N was taken as a child and raised in the red room. At 13 she was sold to Hydra's Winter Soldier program. Now 16, she works alongside the Winter Sol...
132K 2K 23
(Rewriting/Editing In Progress) Athena Brown is a 14 year old SHIELD agent. She was adopted by her abusive father at the age of five and was saved by...