AfterDeath: 30 Days OTP Chall...

By Emo_daw_ako

The title says it all... More

List of Challenges
Day 1: First Meeting
Day 2: Holding Hands
Day 3: Cuddling
Day 4: On a Date
Day 5: Job / Work
Day 6: Apart From Each Other
Day 7: Sick
Day 8: Cooking / Baking
Day 9: Shopping
Day 10: Meeting a Friend
Day 11: Jealous
Day 12: Accident
Day 13: Watching Each Other Sleep
Day 14: Bodyguard
Day 15: Picnic
Day 17: Arguing/Fighting
Day 18: Taking Medicine
Day 19: Close Call
Day 20: Making Up
Day 21: Surprise!
Day 22: Hurt/Comfort
Day 23: Attacked
Day 24: Kidnapped
Day 25: Demand
Day 26: Rescue
Day 27: In Battle, Side by Side
Day 28: Recovery
Day 29: Sleeping In
Day 30: Celebration

Day 16: Something Sharp

1.7K 89 70
By Emo_daw_ako

AN: I'm 3 hours late, but I'm good.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

The picnic went better than expected, especially if they were in a place so magical and full of life such as Toriel's garden. Geno wouldn't even call it a garden, it was a freaking rain forest. He didn't know there was such a place hidden in the middle of the city.

Unlike Death, Toriel's house was much simpler and cozy; the style and structure seemed to be the same as the modern homes except it were made entirely of bare and light-toned wood. Much like a log cabin, but way larger, surrounded by tall looming trees.

Around her house were filled with all sort of flowers in every shapes and color, butterflies freely flutter everywhere and crickets, birds, and bugs buzzing from behind the trees. It feels like a completely different world.

Geno asked if she ever showed it to the people outside, surely they'll be thrilled. But Toriel didn't like that idea. She explained that she did once, only for the people to trample over her plants, picked the flowers and carve names on her trees. Not only that, they litter everywhere. They destroyed her creations.

So she decided it would be better to protect it by building a tall fence, a wall wouldn't do for it blocks the wind and can be easily climbed over with a ladder.

This was how she was able to create and maintain her own perfect little paradise.

The rest of the day went on as Geno gladly explored the area with great interest. Growing up with weak health, he wasn't given much of a chance to enjoy the outside world. Being an adult wasn't any better.

Geno was pretty sure his life was going nowhere until he met Death. Geno was grateful for everything Death has ever done for him, although he couldn't exactly remember all of it. Of course, he was thankful for Toriel as well for giving him the chance to see her secret, magical garden.

At the end of the day, Death called Mr. Gilbert to come and pick them up. He wouldn't want to give Tori any more trouble.

The two skeleton monsters bid goodbye to their goat lady friend when their rides arrived and she even suggested for Geno to comeback. She does get lonely living alone.

The couple spends their evening talking about their great experiences in Toriel's garden, unaware of the time quickly passing by until they fell asleep in each other's arms.

The next morning came and Death still has a work to attend to. He gave Mr. Gilbert some specific instructions before leaving Geno in his care.

Not even a couple of hours without Death's presence by his side, he grew bored. Gazing through the giant arch windows, nothing interesting caught his attention.

Maybe he could take a walk? After all, he didn't get to finish the tour. He doubted Mr. Gilbert would give him the rest of the tour now that he knows a little about him.

So, with that thought, he'll explore the mansion himself. So what if he gets lost? Butlers and maids were all over the place and Death said he can ask them anything.

Without wasting another boring minute, Geno went and pulled open the surprisingly heavy door, but enough for him to slip through. He didn't bother closing it, it was too heavy. Plus, he'll be back anyway.

Taking a look around and taking in every detail of the ridiculously wide hallway. He walked slowly this time, taking his time, wanting to conserve his energy for long hours of walking around.

Of course, he wouldn't dare open a single door he comes across, that would be rude. Instead, he visits the open places. The grand staircase, the lavish living room, the enormous dining area, etc. He would've gone to one of the towers but he knew he can't go up the stairs that high.

He knows based on experience.

Soon, he found himself wandering at an unfamiliar hallway. Up ahead was a wide, plain double door which was slightly ajar. He could hear the maids talking quite loudly, along with the sounds of clanging pans. It must be the kitchen.

Curiousity peaked as he walked over. When he got closer, he was able to make out what they were saying.

And it wasn't pretty.

"He brought home another one."

"I bet he's just the same as the others."

"Let's not be judgemental."

"I'm sure he's just here for his money! Just like the others did."

"I know, right? No one would want to be with Death if they didn't know about his ridiculous amount of cash!"

"Gold digging sluts!"

"How disgusting."

"Do not be rude!"

"Come on, it's not like he can hear us."

"I don't care, it's still wrong!"

"You're too good for own sake."

"How long do you think he'll last here before he leaves? Or dead?"

"*gasp* Judie!"

"What? I'm just asking."

"I bet less than a week."

"Amy!"

"Calm down, Claire. What he doesn't know won't hurt him."

"...fucking dirty bitch... "

"...whore... "

"...slut..."

The rest of the conversation became muddled in Geno's ears as he stood there on his numb legs. Tears pricking his only eye, blurring his vision, but he didn't bother wiping them away.

"You know what? I'm out of here!"  One of the maids announced, clearly had enough as her every step echoed in the air.

Geno heard the clip-clopping of her shoes growing louder and he panicked. He wasn't given much time to react as the maid walked out the door and he was spotted within an instant.

Cold dread filled Geno as he cautiously lifted his teary eye to her face. He could barely make out the details of her features due to his tears obscuring his vision, but he could make out her dark green hair in big, bouncy ringlets down to her shoulders and around her breast. But the most haunting were her eyes.

They were wide with shock, her mouth agape as she stood there frozen on the spot.

Both Geno and the maid could faintly hear the others asking what was wrong. More footsteps were heard and Geno snapped back to reality as he turned around and bolted away as fast as he can.

He came across more maids gossiping in the hall, one holding a broom and the other a feather duster, and Geno heard that same gross words over and over again. They only stopped when they caught a glimpse of him.

Was that how they see him? Was that what they thought of him?

He ran straight to Death's bedroom, shutting the door closed and clambering onto the giant bed before finally letting his tears poured out. Burying his face onto the fluffy pillows until he unknowingly cried himself to sleep.

Hours later, he woke up to see the room was engulfed in cold darkness. Fiery rays of light pouring in from the windows as the sun sets low on the horizon.

He missed lunch. He slept all day. But even so, Geno doesn't have the energy to get up. He didn't have the will to. He just wants to sleep.

Once again, he drifted off to a dreamless slumber. Successfully escaping from the harsh reality.

He wasn't even aware when Death came home and slipped into the bed right beside him.

Geno woke up late, despite the long hours of sleep. He found himself alone and a note was left on the bedside table. He crawled up closer to before grabbing it upon his reach. Unfolding the piece of paper, he read the message:

Good morning, sweetheart. I'm sorry I left without telling you. I didn't wanna wake you up. You look tired. Are you feeling alright?

-Death

Geno sighed and fold the piece of paper before putting it back on its initial place. The memories from the day before haunt him as he sunk back into the soft mattress, lying on his side and pulling the warm blanket up to his shoulders.

No, he was not feeling alright.

He didn't know how long he'd lain there, staring blankly outside the window and lost in his own train of thoughts.

Until Mr. Gilbert came in and announced that it was time for lunch. Along with him, an unfamiliar maid entered the room as well, holding a silver tray of food in her delicate hands.

Geno turned over to see her setting the tray on the coffee table across the room surrounded by a full set of couches. The servants bowed before leaving and closing the heavy, double door behind them.

Now that Geno thought about it, he hadn't eaten anything since yesterday. That's not good.

He peeled the blanket off of him and swung his feet over the edge of the bed. Carefully clambering off the bed, his weak knees nearly buckling underneath him, before walking over to the other side of the room.

He sat down on the dark colored couch, the soft furry material gently caressing his bones as he eyed his meal with mild interest. Picking up the silver utensils, he scooped a small amount into the spoon before popping it in his mouth.

Upon tasting it, he gagged and quickly snatched the napkin beside the ceramic plate and spit out the food out. It was bad.

He meant it was bad, as in rotten.

Tears pricked his only eye as his hand, the one holding the napkin, lowered down on his lap. He stared at the food and could only think of the maids in the kitchen.

Were they mad at him? It was a stupid question. Of course, they were. They're mad at him because he eavesdropped on them. Because he heard them. And now they're taking their revenge on him.

The remnants of the awful taste remains in his mouth, but he didn't dare take a sip of the water that was served along with the meal. He didn't want to know where that came from.

Instead, he put the napkin down and walked over to the white, plain door further across the room. It was a bathroom and he went straight to the sink to wash his mouth, as well as his face.

After that, he went back to bed. Climbing on to it and digging something underneath the pile of fluffy pillows. Once he found it, he pulled out in plain view. A white, blank plastic bottle.

He opened it and looking at the content. It was full of red pills up to the brim. It was his pills that Dr. Wingdings gave him.

He was aware of Dr. Life's advise to not take these anymore but...

Looking back at the tray of food on the coffee table from across the room, it was obvious that the pills were the better option. He tipped the bottle to his hand and one red pill tumbled out.

Just one.

One wouldn't hurt, right?

To be continued...

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

AN: In case you missed, that sharp thing were words.

You know, words are sharper/cut deeper than knife.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 1.4K 47
The extremely long title says it all
2K 164 7
Yeah I gained an idea and stuff so things will be different even personalities and everything you can think of :)
421 0 21
Idk just read...