Key to the Heart - A Kingdom...

By PhoenixBunny456

Ruby was born in another world (the real world) and at an early age, she learned that no one has happy ending... More

Chapter 1: Ruby!
Chapter 3: Ruby's First Touch of Loneliness!
Chapter 4: First Ever Reunion!
Chapter 5: Inseparable Friends!
Chapter 6: Friendly Conversations!
Chapter 7: Secrets Even in Friendships!
Chapter 8: First Friendship Fight!
Chapter 9: Reconnecting?
Chapter 10: Xion Vanishes!
Chapter 11: Finding Xion!
Chapter 12: Saying Goodbye!
Chapter 13: Sora, Donald and Goofy!
Chapter 14: Ruby Taken Over By Darkness!
Chapter 15: Beast's Castle!
Chapter 16: Saving Beast!
Chapter 17: Land of Dragons!
Chapter 18: Escaping The Underworld!
Chapter 19: Olympus Coliseum!
Chapter 20: Disney Castle Is Under Attack!
Chapter 21: Pirate Tales!
Chapter 22: And Fish Tails!
Chapter 23: The Knight of Nightmare!
Chapter 24: Friends In All Shapes and Sizes!
Chapter 25: The True King of the Pride Lands!
Chapter 26: Not Ready To Say Goodbye Yet!
Chapter 27: DTD
Chapter 28: Reunion At Hollow Bastion!
Chapter 29: Under The Sea and Saving China - Again!
Chapter 30: When You Give Your Entire Being In An Attack!
Chapter 31: We'll Meet Again - I'll Make Sure of It!
Chapter 32: Let's Be Friends, Naminé!
Chapter 33: Sora and Riku's Return - Axel's Return To Radiant Gardens!
Chapter 34: Keep Your Hands Off Our Light!
Chapter 35: Heart's Intertwined!
Chapter 36: The Search For Roxas Begins!
Chapter 37: Meeting Little Chef and the Old Mansion Computer!
Chapter 38: Helping Friends!
Chapter 39: Saving Ansem the Wise and Freeing Aqua From Darkness
Chapter 40: Axel and Ventus's Reunion!
Chapter 41: Roxas's Return and the Adopted Siblings Reunite!
Chapter 42: Key To The Heart

Chapter 2: Ruby's First Friends and the New Girl?

299 7 0
By PhoenixBunny456

        "Breath... should I take a deep?" Ruby is shown sitting alone on the clock tower as she stares out at the sunset. "Faith... should I take the leap?" Roxas is shown in his organization thirteen cloak with the hood up. "Taste... what a bittersweet!" The two are shown walking the opposite direction of one another before they are shown looking at one another from over their shoulders. "All my, all my life!" Axel is shown walking over to Roxas and putting his arm around his neck and pulls him away. "Let me face!" Ruby is shown looking away as she stood alone. "Let me face!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown running from Nobodies that suddenly attack. "Let me face my fears!" Roxas is shown looking down sadly as he was forced to follow orders. "Let me face! Let me face! Let me face my fears!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown laughing as she sits next to Roxas as the two talk. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown standing with shock on her face as Roxas is shown standing in front of her. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown crying as she stood alone. "I'm almost here!" Light flashes as Sora and Roxas are shown on separate screens before Roxas is shown fading away and Sora is shown alone. "Watch me cry all my tears!" Ruby is staring at the sky as it looked like doves fly around her. "Let me face!" Light flashes as Ruby is shown floating back as she reached up. "Let me face!" Roxas, Ruby, Xion and Axel are shown laughing together as Ruby and Roxas sat beside one another. "Let me face my fears!" Music continues to play as Ruby and Roxas are shown reuniting before Ruby is shown sitting alone as she stares at out the sky and the title is shown above her.

Today, Ruby had the day off from school, so she was doing errands. She stops when she finds Roxas and Axel talking. She walks over to them.

"Hey guys." Ruby says.

"I think you're the only one who notices us." Axel says.

"It's that dorky get up you wear." Ruby says and Axel sighs.

"It's not dorky it's our uniform for our job." Axel says.

"Okay. How are you today, Roxas?" Ruby asks and Roxas looks at her.

"I'm doing good." Roxas says and Ruby watches kids from her class run by. The three were being loud as they ran by. She knew who they were, but she didn't really talk or hang out with them. She felt closer to Roxas and Axel then anyone in town.

"Who were they?" Roxas asks.

"Some kids who live here." Ruby explains.

"Hmm... So does everybody act that way?" Roxas asks.

"Hmm? Like what?" Ruby asks.

"What do you mean?" Axel asks.

"Like running around chasing each other, making all that noise..." Roxas says.

"Unfortunately." Ruby says.

"Well, you don't." Roxas says.

"Yeah... I don't. Because I don't have any... friends." Ruby says.

"Oh." Roxas says.

"Let's get some ice cream."Axel asks, "Ruby, you can join us if you'd like."

"Why?" Roxas and Ruby say in unison.

"Why? Because we're friends..." Axel says and Ruby's eyes widen while Roxas thinks about the thought.

"Friends..." Roxas says.

"I've never had friends." Ruby says.

"Well, you've got two now." Axel says.

"More like two weirdos." Ruby says.

"Eh, that just means you remember us." Axel says.

"I suppose so." Ruby says.

"What are friends?" Roxas asks.

"Friends eat ice cream together, and talk and laugh about the stupidest things." Axel says.

"Sounds like you two." Ruby says.

"Sometimes we rarely get anything out of you though." Axel teases and Ruby's cheeks turn bright red. Roxas looks at Ruby and his eyes widen. He watches her face turn bright red.

"Well, that's because I've never known we were friends." Ruby says.

"Does that mean you'll open up now knowing we're friends?" Axel says and Ruby looks away with a small smile.

"I'll think about it." Ruby says.

"Come on let's go." Axel says.

The three head to the clock tower and Ruby looks down watching Olette, Pence and Hayner run around chasing each other. She'd been listed as the weirdo at school who didn't talk to anyone. She finally had friends though, so she wondered what would become of her.

"Hey Roxas, after your next mission, let's meet up for ice cream again." Axel says, "No fun just going back and forth between the castle and work, right?"

"Yeah. Right." Roxas says, "We're friends, huh."

"I'm here every day if you guys want to come by." Ruby says.

"Not sure we can, even if it's a blast to hang out." Axel says.

"Awe, thanks." Ruby says and she giggles. She covers her mouth. She'd never laughed really it was always just rolling her eyes when she was around them.

"What was that?" Roxas asks.

"It was a laugh. A genuine laugh." Axel says, "That's the genuine article right there."

"It was... cute." Roxas says.

"Cute?" Ruby asks and her face turns bright red.

"Hmm? Cute? Where'd you even learn that word?" Axel asks.

"Heard some folks in town use it." Roxas says.

"Oh." Axel says.

"Okay." Roxas says.

"But you've got to be careful throwing it around." Axel says, "Look at her face. You embarrassed her. You have to remember... she's got a heart so she can feel emotions." Roxas's eyes widen and he nods.

"I see... I'm sorry if I made you feel." Roxas says.

"Made me feel?" Ruby asks confused.

"Uh, never mind." Axel says, "Let's just eat our ice cream, shall we?"

So, every day after that, Ruby began to see the guys more often. She enjoyed seeing them and she actually laughed for once. One day, when she arrived late, she overhead the guys talking.

"I like talking with Ruby." Roxas says.

"Oh? Why's that?" Axel asks.

"Because I get to see what it's like to be real." Roxas says.

"Yeah, I know what you mean." Axel says.

"Axel, what happens if we disappear though? Do you think she'd mourn us?" Roxas asks.

"Huh? Why wouldn't she? She's our friend." Axel says.

"I feel like... it's more than that though." Roxas says.

"Before she gets here, I want to tell you something. I'm gonna miss this ice cream thing we do." Axel says.

"Huh?" Roxas asks.

"Gonna be away for a while... starting tomorrow." Axel says.

"Really...?" Roxas asks.

"I can fill you in since we're friends, but we have to come up with an excuse for Ruby." Axel says.

"Okay." Roxas says.

"I'm gonna be at Castle Oblivion." Axel says.

"Castle Oblivion?" Roxas asks.

"The Organization's got a second castle in the world between worlds. It's called Castle Oblivion. Got it memorized?" Axel asks.

"I wish somebody told me these things." Roxas says and Ruby pretends like she hadn't listening as she comes around the corner.

"You guys started eating ice cream without me!" Ruby says.

"You were late." Axel says and Ruby sighs as she opens her ice cream, "It was nice to see you, Ruby but I've gotta head back and get ready. Nothing but fun, fun, and fun..."

"Bye, Axel. Don't overwork yourself." Ruby says.

"Starting tomorrow it'll be us for a while. You going to be okay with that?" Roxas asks.

"I'm always here. I think better when I'm here." Ruby says.

"Right." Roxas says and Ruby giggles.

[The Following Day]

Ruby sits reading as she waited for Roxas to show up. He shows up and Ruby smiles at her. He looked like something was bothering him.

"Are you alright?" Ruby asks.

"Yeah, I'm just... I've got a new coworker who I haven't worked with for very much and she's... strange." Roxas asks.

"Well, I thought you were strange too when we met." Ruby says, "You barely said two words to me."

"Sorry." Roxas says.

"It's fine. I'm actually surprised that I'm glad to be included with you guys." Ruby says.

"Yeah, me too." Roxas says. The two get quiet for a while.

"Hey, Roxas?" Ruby asks.

"Yeah?" Roxas asks.

"Have you ever wondered what it'd be like if you never existed at all?" Ruby asks.

"Well... I don't exist." Roxas says and Ruby looks at him, "I'm a Nobody."

"Roxas, that's not true. You exist to me." Ruby says and Roxas's eyes widen.

"I do?" Roxas asks.

"I think it's a matter of perspective if you exist or not. If I never existed, would you be sitting here alone?" Ruby asks.

"I... I guess I do come here to talk to you." Roxas says, "Do you really think that you don't exist? Because I can see you just fine. You're real to me."

"Well, it's not like I feel like I shouldn't exist... It's because I feel I haven't found anything worth existing for. Do you get what I mean?" Ruby asks.

"What if it's standing right beside you?" Roxas asks and Ruby looks at Roxas with a shocked expression.

"Friends are worth existing for I suppose." Ruby says.

"I feel the same way." Roxas says, "Well... if I could." Ruby looks at Roxas. Ruby smiles at him. That day, Roxas sparked something inside Ruby, something she'd never felt before even in her other life.

[The Next Day]

When Roxas arrives, Ruby was already waiting. She looks up at him and he smiles as he had the ice cream.

"Oh, good, you brought some. I was hoping you would." Ruby says.

"Remember that really quiet coworker I told you about yesterday?" Roxas asks.

"Yeah, what about her?" Ruby asks.

"She spoke today. For the first time." Roxas says.

"Huh? Spoke?" Ruby asks.

"Normally she just stands there silently staring at me." Roxas says.

"Is that why she's strange?" Ruby asks.

"Well, yeah." Roxas says and Ruby giggles.

"Well, you sometimes are just staring silently at me." Ruby says.

"Yeah, but that's for a different reason." Roxas says.

"Different reason?" Ruby asks.

"Ah, nothing." Roxas says.

"So, what did she say?" Ruby asks.

"She said my name." Roxas says.

"Your name?" Ruby asks and Roxas nods, "Well at least she knows who you are."

"I guess so." Roxas says.

[The Following Day]

Ruby walks down an alley way and she stops as she ducks into hiding. She spots Roxas walking and her eyes widen as she saw a figure with Roxas.

"Roxas..." The person says.

"Yeah?" Roxas asks and the person puts their hood down to reveal themselves.

"Best of lucky today." The person says.

'That must be the coworker he told me about.' Ruby's thoughts say, 'They sort of resemble each other.'

"Yeah. Let's go." Roxas says.

'I wonder if today they are on a mission that he and Axel have spoken about." Ruby's thoughts say. She follows after the two.

She loses them and she heads towards the clocktower to look around there for them. She gasps when she hears something. She turns to see a giant monster.

"Ruby!" Roxas yells and suddenly Ruby and Roxas are rolling away from the monster attack, "Ruby, you can't be here. It's dangerous."

"Roxas, what is that thing?" Ruby asks.

"It's... it's... really difficult to explain. You aren't safe here." Roxas says and Roxas gasps as the creature goes to attack them again. Roxas ends up losing his weapon that was in the shape of a key and the girl gets it and she destroys the monster.

"Wow, I... Xion, I didn't know you could use the Keyblade." Roxas says.

"Keyblade?" Ruby asks.

"Who's this?" Xion asks.

"This is my friend." Roxas says, "Ruby."

"Friend?" Xion asks.

"Yeah, she's..." Roxas says and lowers his voice, "A person."

"A real one?" Xion asks shocked.

"A real one?" Ruby asks.

"Never mind. Ruby, that was dangerous. You shouldn't have been here." Roxas says.

"At least the mission went alright." Xion says, "My name is Xion, it's nice to meet you."

"You know, Xion, you earned the icing on the cake." Roxas says.

"Icing on the cake?" Xion asks.

"C'mon, I'll show you." Roxas says.

[Later]

The three sit together and Ruby sits where Axel normally sits. She wasn't sure where'd she end up sitting after Axel got back.

"This is such a great spot... How'd you find it?" Xion asks.

"Here you go." Roxas says and passes Xion an ice cream, "And one for you, Ruby."

"Thank you." Ruby says.

"Sea-salt ice cream. You eat it." Roxas says, "Try it."

"It's sweet... and salty." Xion says.

"Axel and I, we meet here for ice cream after work." Roxas says, "This flavor is Axel's favorite."

"Mine too." Ruby says and she giggles.

"Sounds like it's yours, too, Roxas." Xion says.

"Yeah." Roxas says, "Axel brought me here to eat ice cream on my first day... um... you know... and that's where we met Ruby. Then after my first mission he got me ice cream again. Said it was 'icing on the cake'."

"Like you just did for me." Xion says and Roxas nods with a smile.

"Yeah." Roxas says.

"You guys must be really close." Xion says.

"This was my reading spot and they started showing up out of nowhere." Ruby says, "But yeah, we're close."

"We're all friends." Roxas says.

"Friends..." Xion says, "Do you think that I could be a friend?"

"When Axel gets back, we'll all have ice cream together!" Roxas says.

"Okay!" Xion says.

"But I let you sit there today, but that's normally my seat. You don't mind do you?" Ruby says.

"No, I'm sorry I took your spot." Xion says and Ruby giggles.

"It's quite alright." Ruby says, "We're friends now."

"Oh, thank you." Xion says.    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 2.4K 37
Y/n, a boy of mystery. No one has a clue where he came from nor how he got to the island. He thought he was normal but that clearly was not the case...
14.8K 149 16
A year after the events of their last adventure, Sora, Kairi, Riku are now setting down to rest. But now, they're about to take on their ultimate jou...
12.9K 262 30
(Book 7) Hikari goes with Sora, Donald and Goofy to embark on a new journey to unlock her true power of the Princess of Kingdom Hearts and help Sora...
275K 2.7K 126
••• REQUESTS CLOSED••• I do not own Kingdom hearts, Square Enix or any of the characters in the game. Nor do I own you. Only yours and the characters...