New Stars- BOOK 2 ADRIENNETTE...

By fangirling15051

As Adrien falls for Marinette, he wants to spend more and more time with his classmate, including as Chat Noi... More

New day.. And new students?
Forgetting
Initial consequences
Initial reactions part 2
The dare
'Guys, just leave Lila, she's new,'
'I didn't kiss you, you kissed me!'
'HI mil- Agghh!'
'M'lady? M'lady!'
'You like her!'
"Because, you know you can always tell me, right?"
"Are we, erm, having a moment?"
"That's my ex-boyfriend!"
"It's a celebrity crush, not a real one!"
"It all starts with you,"
"M'l-ladybug? Where are you?"
"Why are you perving at my collarbones?"
IMPORTANT
"Girls like that don't come along that often,"
"I hate lying,"
"Okay, we have a slight problem,"
BLM
lol

Bad things and Bad thoughts

4.6K 105 436
By fangirling15051

ADRIEN'S POV

The next day, I wake up to find that I've slept on my poor shoulder. I go to have a shower, and struggle to apply shampoo to my hair. My eyes water as I give up. I didn't realise that my whole arm would be a dead weight too. I stay stood under the shower until I think the shampoo is all gone, before going through the excruciating process of trying to get dressed. Plagg helps me hear and there, and I don't even bother thanking him. At this point, I'm too tired to do anything, and the day hasn't even begun properly. I'm so cold despite the massive hoodie i'm wearing, and Nathalie hands me a hot drink as I step into the car.

'Adrien..' I turn quickly, 'Are you okay? You seem to have lacked sleep..'

I just nod my head feebly. It's embarrassing. I have never felt so powerless in my life.

'Should I express my concern to your father?'

'No, that's not necessary,' I hear myself say.

She sighs and shuts the door, and the Gorilla starts driving after grunting questioningly. I just shake my head. I can't be arsed with any communication, that being making an effort of the wordless bodyguard. He pulls outside school and I push through the gates quickly, only to fall onto Marinette.

MARINETTE'S POV

I see Alya across the schoolyard and as I make way to her, I am knocked onto the floor by a hoodie-clad figure. They catch my head quickly and I look up quickly. I see the shadow of hair dipping into shockingly vibrant green eyes.

Adrien.

He stumbles up, wincing and I quickly brush myself off. I look back into those seemingly glazed (?) eyes, and he quickly looks away.

'Adrien, are you okay?' I ask, trying to sound comforting.

It's a pretty dumb question, because he clearly isn't the way he is wincing and the way his eyes glimmer. He has dark circles beneath them, I notice as he glances at me, then looks away again.

'Adrien..' I move closer to him, trying to wrap my arms around him.

We make eye contact, and I can see all the pain of the world in his eyes. They say that eyes are the windows to the soul, and I can tell Adrien is obviously upset about something. All of a sudden he jerks, and pushes me away. I stagger backwards, due to the suddenness of it, although he did it quite gently.

'I'm fine, Marinette,' He says, picking up his satchel before handing me mine.

'No, you're not,'

He looks at me in such a way that my cheeks roar in shame. His expression is unreadable, but then grows quite cross.

I hope he doesn't get akumatized, because I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to lay a finger on him. At least I'd have Chat to help.

I shake that thought away, and Adrien's eyes have such a fierce flame in them that I can't help but tremble slightly.

Why am I so scared?

'Fuck off, Mari,' he swears quietly, and turns to leave me stood there, clueless.

And lovestruck.

What did I do to him?

I just look at him from behind, and Nino hastens to join him. Alya tugs me.

ALYA'S POV

'Girl, what happened?'

'I.. I don't know,'

I pull my bestfriend into my arms as Hailey and Erin near us, communicating with their eyes. I know how much Marinette adores Adrien, and I'm afraid of her getting hurt. It's the last thing i'd ever want to see, because she deserves to be happy. I watch Adrien and Nino walk off together. I trust Nino enough to know that he'll talk some sense into the blond. I don't let go of Marinette quickly enough for her to see Adrien look over his shoulder with a guilty, ashamed look.

I let go of Marinette, and Hailey and Erin join us as we walk to class.

'You okay, Marinette?' Erin asks.

She recieves a dazed nod of a response. Hailey shows Marinette some cat memes she found whilst Erin and I whisper.

'What happened?'

'I don't know, Adrien bumped into her, they got up, spoke, almost hugged, then he shoved her away and muttered something to her,'

'He's such a dickhead,'

'Marinette's too besotted,' I shake my head.

'He'll end up hurting her, like he has done to every girl that's ever been interested in him,'

'What!?'

'You heard me. He has his occasional mood swings, and they lead to nothing but destruction,'

'We can't let him hurt Marinette!' I am shook by this new information.

'I'll speak to him,' Erin walks to the boys with such confidence.

They both turn to her, and Nino smiles.

I wish I was her.

ERIN'S POV

I approach my younger cousin and his friend, and the two of them turn as I approach. I return a smile to Nino before giving Adren a no-funny-business look. He looks at me like a lost puppy. He knows what he's done wrong.

'A word,' I say, and pull him aside before he protests.

'What did you say to her?' I get straight to the point.

'I didn't..'

'I said, what did you say to her?'

He sighs, 'It's none of your business, Erin,'

I give him an icy look that should hopefully send him some chills, 'Really, Adrien? You have a lot of nerve, being a fucking jerk to someone so sweet and innocent..'

'Shut up,' he tosses his head.

'No. Typical Adrien Agreste, being a dickhead to someone so good-natured,' I know just how to press his buttons, and I stroke my chin, 'She doesn't deserve to know you,'

'But..' Adrien falters.

'I mean look at her. Beautiful, kind, angelic Marinette. Nice to everyone, even pricks like you. You really love to push away people that want the best for you, right?'

'No!' he snaps.

I knew it.

'Then go and apologise,'

The black-clad model freezes, then softens 'I.. I can't,'

'Of course!' I keep going with my plan, 'Fine! I guess you don't even care for our selfless Marinette then. What a shame,'

I glance at Adrien. He is lost in thought as I leave him.

I am so smart.

ALYA'S POV

'He'll be crawling to her at break,' Erin slides into her seat besides me, tossing her hair over her shoulder as Miss Bustier enters the classroom, 'I mean, just watch,'

Her elbow digs into mine, and we glance at Adrien, who turns back slightly, sneaking a mournful look at Marinette, who is paying attention to the front.

'How'd you do it?'

She snickers, 'We're related, remember? I know him well enough to know that he feels so bad after anything he does,'

'Erin, Alya. Nice to see everyone getting along well, but don't let it be a distraction in lesson, okay girls?' Miss Bustier shows a hint of a smile as we nod meekly, 'Anyways, like I was saying, does anyone have any suggestions for our class debate today?'

MARINETTE'S POV

My ears perk as Nino raises his hand, 'Oh please, ma'am? Can we talk about the Ladybug and Chat Noir thingy?'

There is a massive chime of agreement, and our teacher nods, 'Okay, who wants to start?'

Alya quickly raises her hand, before standing up,'I think it is outrageous that people are making allegations against them. They have saved us so many times, and people are just becoming more ungrateful,'

The class bursts into conversation. Suddenly everyone wants to speak.

'I don't know about that,' Max says, standing up as Alya sits, 'I mean, because we know so little about them, they could be anyone. For all we know, it could be a massive act,'

Kim stands up, 'As if! I've met Ladybug and Chat Noir, and they are both clearly good people,'

'How do we know that though?' Max challenges.

'Because we do! They save Paris all the time! Whoever agrees with you is obviously with a screw loose..'

'Who's with me?' The class falls silent, and Chloe stands up.

'I think that Max has a point,' She says, and nobody speaks, ' I mean, if we know so little about them, why should we trust them? Also, they can seem really mean sometimes, and they run off randomly and ditch you there by yourself,'

Everyone has an opinion they want to share, and I just sit there half-listening whilst my mind drifts off. I hope Chat is okay.

Nino turns to me, 'What do you think, 'nette? You've been quiet today,'

Everyone turns to me and I sit there awkwardly, 'ermm..'

'Now, Nino, remember we shouldn't make people share their opinions if they don't want to,' Miss Bustier calls from her desk.

'Sorry,' Nino says.

I shake my head, 'It's fine, it's just, well I'm not really sure what to think,'I try to stay believable, but technically I'm not lying, 'I mean, I think that Ladybug and Chat Noir are both genuine people, but I get why people are turning against them, because of lack of information..' I trail off as I notice Adrien turn to me, clearly interested by what I'm saying.

We make eye contact and I feel goosebumps prick on my skin. He doesn't even blink, making me even more nervous. Nervous + awkward = mess. All my vision fizzles out and I can only see green eyes staring intensely.

Fuck.

I sit back down, and Alya says, 'What about you Adrien? What do you think?'

He finally breaks the eye contact, 'Yeah, what Marinette said,'

I'm just sat awkwardly as ur friends look between us and back. Miss Bustier saves me from embarassment, 'Okay! So, good work everyone, I need to go fetch some textbooks, so all of you, behave!'

She leaves and the class breaks into conversation.

ADRIEN'S POV

'Dude, why are you acting so dead?' Nino asks me.

I just shrug. I mean, I can't exactly say that I got shot last night but I can't tell anyone because then Ladybug will be really cross and we will never, ever end up together...

Ladybug.

I'm going to stay motivated, I decide, because I know thats what Ladybug would want, right? I go into daydream mode, thinking about how our wedding venue is going to look.

White streamers and red ribbons. She wouldn't let us have green, plus it would look weird, so I could wear a green satin tie...

'Ow!' I hear a scream, and turn to see Lila grabbing Marinette by the wrist, 'Let go of me!'

Everyone starts to crowd around. I feel bad for swearing at Marinette. She was just trying to be nice, and I was being a brat. She looked so broken...

What can I say, huh? I'm Chat Noir, destroying things is my power.

Lila siezes Mari's arm so tightly that she's lifting her slightly off the ground. Marinette pushes her away, but Lila doesn't let her go.

'This little bitch..' She snarls, and Avery laughs.

I'm distracted by Mari's paling hand. I'm pretty sure Lila's cutting off her blood circulation.

'...bullying Adrien and knocking him on the floor,' My ears prick at the sound of my name.

What the fuck?

Marinette winces slightly, but looks quite calm taking in account that she could collapse any minute now.

I need to save her.

CHLOE'S POV

I watch the scene unfold infront of me. It's ridiculous, utterly ridiculous. I'm pretty sure Marinette has never spoken to Lila like ever, but by personal experience, I'm pretty sure Lila picks on anyone minding their own business.

Marinette looks so strong. Kinda like the first day where she told me off for taking her seat.

And she's so pathetically saintly and good, but that doesn't mean she deserves this. I'm about to step in when someone else does.

Adrien pulls Marinette's hand free from Lila's, and both girls just gawk at him.

Really, ladies, it is not an attractive look.

'I bet she's forcing you to do this somehow,' Lila snarls, again, very unattractive.

I'm pretty sure nobody wants to see her nose-hairs.

'Fuck off, Lila,' Adrien says, startling everyone, before pulling Marinette aside, whispering in her ear. She nods. I can practically see steam billowing out of Lila's ears and nostrils when Adrien pulls Marinette into a hug, then tooks a loose strand f her hair back behind her ear.

I feel a pang of jealousy. For the years I have known Adrien, he has never really sworn. Little things like that show that he really does care about Marinette.

I wish he cared about me.

Sabrina approaches me, 'Oof, talk about drama!'

'I know,' I gesture towards a fuming Lila storming towards Adrien and Marinette, 'And it's only just started,'

'Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!' I glower at Kim.

So immature.

He winks and I roll my eyes as everyone joins in the chanting. Just as it reaches its peak, Miss Mandeleiv steps in, 'What is going on in here?!'

Dead silence.

Lila smooths down her skirt, 'If you please, Ma'am! Marinette was going to attack me!'

Doubt flashes in our science teacher's eyes. Marinette may have probably the worst attendance in the history of the school, but if there is one thing for sure, she is definitely not a troublemaker.

'Is that so, Marinette?' Marinette shakes her head, and Adrien cuts in.

'It was the other way around, Miss. Lila was hurting Marinette,'

'The audacity you have..' Here goes Lila's acting techniques, as she points a shaken accusing finger at Adrien, 'I'm new and you're all just picking on me!'

'Detention,' The teacher pushes her glasses further up her nose as Adrien is about to protest, 'Miss Dupain-cheng, Mr Agreste, Miss..' She trails off, looking expectantly at Lila.

I can't let this happen. I can't believe I'm about to do this.

MARINETTE'S POV

'Please, Ma'am!' Chloe raises her hand, and everyone turns to her, 'It was my fault. If anyone is to get a detention, it would be me,'

I just gape like a fish, ignoring Tikki's tiny gasp from my pocket.

'No, it was me!' Kim stands up proudly.

I am so sure he has a thing for Chloe.

'Stop lying guys, it was me,' Erin stands up, followed by Hailey.

Rose and Juleka join in, 'It was us!'

Miss Manderleiv sighs, 'I see what you're all doing. Protecting your classmates,'

A chime of pleading rings out. I exchange glances with Adrien.

He pulls me aside, 'Are you okay, Mari?'

I nod, and he shakes his head, 'your such a bad liar. Let me see.'

I turn my wrist reluctantly, and it clicks.

'Shit! Did she break it or something,' His eyes burn through me.

'No, no, my wrist always clicks,' I say, honestly, 'It always has, since I was a little kid,'

He looks at me, doubtfully, 'I trust you,'

'Thanks for, well, you know..' I trail off.

Awkward is officially my name.

'Mari..' I look up and resist the urge to stand on my tiptoes and kiss him, 'I'm sorry. I was just in a bad mood, I slept weird, and...' now he trails off.

'It's fine, Adrien. I just wanted to make sure you were okay,' He smiles a little shyly.

Damn is he cute.

He pulls me into a hug, and he smells amazing. (Cue: Radiant...Carefree.. Dreamy... Adrien! The fragrance!)

I wish this would last forever.

'So,' he says, after pulling away, 'wanna come over to mine later?'

'Sure,' I say, and he grins boyishly.

We laugh and it fizzles out, and he looks serious again. I follow his hand with my eyes, and feel his soft touch graze my cheek as he tucks a stray strand of hair behind my ear, then trails his finger down my jaw. I feel so weak and powerless whilst I drown in his eyes. I feel my eyes shut and his other hand cup my face as we lean in..

Only for Lila's screaming to interrupt.

I blush as I think back to a couple of minutes ago/

'Fine! But this is your last chance,' Miss Manderleiv says.

Everyone returns to their seats as Miss bustier returns. I go into daydream mode as she starts to teach.

ADRIEN'S POV

I fucking hate Lila.

She ruined what could have been a great first kiss.

Well, at least Marinette is coming over to mine later. I think of some ideas of what we can do. We could watch a movie, or go out, maybe even cuddle together whilst playing video games...

I mean, according to Laurent (the photographer from book 1), and this is a direct quote, Marinette and I have 'intense chemistry'.

I mean, i'm not exactly sure what that means, but all I know is that I can't control my thoughts when I'm too close with her. If almost-kissing feels this good, then surely...

I stiffen immediately.

Fuck.

'Dude, are you alright?' Nino whispers as I shift around.

'No, I'm not,' I try not to wail.

What has gotten into me?

Nino seems to know, and snickers, 'You've got it bad!'

Brandon turns and looks questioningly, and Nino whispers to him. The two of then can't control their laughter, earning a disapproving look from our teacher.

Why does stuff like this only ever happen to me?

I ignore the crude remarks made through the rest of the lesson, which drags out slower than ever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2870 words. 

Bug out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143 19 11
After being Akumatized, Adrien questions his worth as Cat Noir. His mind spinning with doubts and regrets, he didn't realize he was concerning someon...
233K 4.8K 33
[UNDER EDITING]Marinette and Adrien take on Hawkmoth in the final battle, overcoming challenges Ladybug never thought she'd face again... including C...
11.9K 762 46
!miraculous ladybug spoilers, this story starts after the last episode from season 3 (NYC special included)! • In the daytime, I'm Marinette. Just a...
3.4K 32 10
Adrien, now a senior is high-school is and always has been one of nicest "rich kids" in school. But ever since his freshman year he for some reason h...