The Selection (Not as it seem...

By Pastel_Meifwa

This is the selection, yes, but it's where I kinda create dramatic storylines with the charactors! I have maj... More

A/N Before I start
When the Rebels Were Faster
The Unexpected Allis
Something's Wrong
Help Me
Help Me (Maxon's POV)
Coming Home
The New Guard
The Diary (Part 1)
The Diary (Part 2)
The Untitled Book
Guess Who's Coming?
Caught
Fight of the Maids
All Alone
What Happened
Reuniting
An Early Visit
Im Sorry
A/N You Should Read :D
An Interesting Reaction
An Unwelcomed Guest
A Selfish Newly Stranger
A/N Updates!!!
Not Alone
So...

Many Tears

114 3 4
By Pastel_Meifwa

"Yes, yes -I'm just drowning in my luck right now." I sarcastically joked, and we started laughing.

We stayed in conversation for a while, talking about our new-found knowledge of Kriss, Maxon and Daniel - the guard Celeste fancies, and just joked around. We were practically rolling around laughing, tears forming, when a knock at the door jolted our attention.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Celeste and I look over in unison as Maxon rushed in.

"America are you okay, my love?" Maxon asked, his voice laced with worry. "What happened?" He pulled me into a hug, and we stayed there for a moment. It was nice and warm, when a certain someone cleared their throat behind us.

Maxon turned around, just noticing a smug Celeste sitting at the end of my bed.

"Uh-uuh Celeste I-" he stuttered, not sure of how to respond. Oh, I forgot he didn't know she knew about us. It made the situation funnier.

He took a quick glance at me, his expression changing to confused when he saw the amusement dancing around in my eyes. Then he looked back at Celeste who was also on the verge of busting with laughter.

He creased his eyebrows, determined to figure out answers. Something about the adorable confused expression on Maxon's face pushed us over the edge, and we started bursting with laughter all the while Maxon stared, dumbfounded.

"I-I don't understand?" he said. I took his hand in both of mine, trying to control the stray giggles still escaping my mouth. "Maxon, my dear prince, don't worry-she knows." I said with a smile.

"She knows?" he asked, and I could read the question dancing around his mind.

"Yes, but no I didn't tell her-or anyone for that matter, I just don't think anyone could hide a ring from her." I said, giving Celeste a goofy smile.

"It's true." she chimed in, holding her head high with a silly grin.

Maxon nodded, "I see. How did you get hurt, love?" he asked.

Before I could answer, though, Celeste made a sound between a snort and a laugh and said, "She tripped on air."

"Did not." I said as I threw a pillow, but a stray giggle escaped my mouth.

He chuckled, "Are you free right now, or would you like longer to rest?" he asked, worry for me still evident in his voice.

"Oh no, I don't want to rest at all." I said, sticking out my tongue. He chuckled again deeply, and I flushed. "Okay," he continued, "Well I would normally suggest walking in the garden, but considering your ankle...." he cleared his throat, " So I was thinking we could spend the rest of the day in the library."

"That sounds amazing," and then I frowned, " but I'd have to use my crutches to move downstairs." Just the thought of trying to walk with crutches on normal floor seemed awful, not to mention attempting to crutch down the stairs with them.

"Not necessarily." He said with a mischievous grin. Huh? What other way is there? I decided I'll find out in a minute anyway, so I shrug it off.

"Can Blue come?" I ask, Blue and I both giving him simultaneous puppy eyes. I've grown really attached to him over the past week, he's like my baby now.

"I suppose so." he said with a smile. He stood, and I followed, making sure my injured foot idn't touch the ground.

"Maxon, how are we getting there?" I asked, still confused.

He just smiled, and squatted. What?

"Maxon?"

"Get on." he said. A piggy back ride? I rolled my eyes, but a grin was plastered across my face.

"Maxon are you serious?" I giggled.

"Come on, America. You scared?" he teased. Taking the bait, I climbed on to his back, wrapping my legs around his waist, and arms around his torso, and we were off to the library.

~-~

When we got there, I immediately hobbled over to the bookshelves, having my heart set on reading while snuggled on the couch. I settled on the library's couch with a book on Illean urban legends. Maxon came to sit next to me, and I nestled my head on his shoulder as I read, while Blue settled on the other side of me, his head in my lap. Maxon laid a knit blanket over me while I read, and smoothed my hair. After thirty minutes or so I started to drift off to sleep nuzzled into Maxon and Blue snoring on my lap.

~-~

I woke slowly. I looked around, noticing Maxon was gone, but Blue was still next to me, awake this time. The light shining from the library windows was dimming, so it was getting late. How late- I don't know. I looked around for a clock somewhere, finally finding one above a bookshelf pushed against a wall. It was 6:28, so I didn't sleep that long-only forty-five minutes.

I took a second to stretch, but once I was done, I felt energized. Blue jumped off the couch, and ran to a row of books, retrieving a ball.

"You want to play?" I asked Blue in that baby voice every one speaks to animals in. He nodded twice, eagerly, and nudged the ball towards me with his nose. I grabbed it and crawled to the edge of the couch, settling on its arm, letting my feet dangle over and carefully for my injured ankle.

I tossed it a few feet away, and Blue trotted after it, making me laugh. He circled, and then trotted back in a goofy way, giggles escape my mouth.

We played toss for a while when I heard someone sneeze behind me. I turn my head towards the door to find Maxon standing with a tray in his hand, two bowls of stew on the tray.

"Bless you" I smiled. He walked over, setting the tray on the table as I settled back in my spot on the couch.

"Dinner time, my love." he said. We talked as we ate, and twice I almost choked on my stew because of the dad jokes he tells. The stew is impeccable, and the rolls are heavenly-nothing le than perfect at the palace. By 7:30 we're about done with eating, and just conversating now.

"I don't know why, but I've always liked the rain. Maybe because it just looks so beautiful. It's just so--"

"America?" Maxon asked.

"Yes?" I answered.

"You are the most incredible human being I've ever met. Your kind, smart, witty, compassionate, honestly if I had to list everything I would never stop, but your also fierce and stubborn and I love that about you-you hold your own ground," he chuckles, "even when we first met in the garden. I've always known it'd be you. From when I first saw you, to when you basically told me it was impossible for you to develop feelings for me, just-everything."

Tears were forming in my eyes.

"Remember during the beginning of the Selection where you were giving me a pep talk? We were sitting on a bench, and you said one woman in this palace would be my future wife, and to picture her. The first and only person I thought of was you, which made it ironic since you emphasized that the woman would be my 'dear'. When you went on about imagining her starving, I couldn't handle it. The thought of you even hungry causes me pain. When I asked you directly how bad it was for you I was so heartbroken, and that night on the report, I changed things in hopes of helping your family."

A deep blush was settling on my face as I smiled through the tears.

"America, I love you more than life itself and so, " he pulled a black velvet box out of his suit coat, "I want you to have something, besides a ring, to remind you everyday."

He opened the box to reveal a simple, yet beautiful necklace. It had a thin silver chain, with a flat silver circle on it. I flipped the silver circle over to reveal an engraved message:

"America, my dear..."

"I'm not your dear."

No America, your my everything.

-Maxon

I threw myself into his arms, crying in his shoulders. Oh of course he had to be such an adorable hopeless romantic. I felt like my heart was exploding. I love him so much. I pulled back and kissed him.

We pulled back and he pushed my hair to the side to put my necklace on.

"Ever the gentleman." I joked, though my voice was weak from the crying.

He placed his hand on my cheek and wiped my tears.

"Come on, my dear, it's almost time for your second surprise." He bent down, and I climbed on his back, as routine, and we made our way out of the library.

~-~

Maxon carried me to the Great Hall an sat me down on the couch.

"I have to finalize some things really quick, dear. I'll be back in ten minutes." He kissed me gently on the lips and went off.

"Well that was quite something wasn't it?" I spun around from my spot on the couch.

"Celeste? Were you spying on Maxon and I the whole day?!" I asked.

She shrugged," I got bored. By the way, you two are just so perfect for each other. Like, its almost sickening." she said, and we laughed.

"I'm confused though, didn't we all meet Maxon in the Great Hall? Here?" she asked. Oh, I forgot no one knew about our secret meeting.

"Not exactly..." I went and told Celeste everything about crying on the first night, to Maxon making the guards move to let me go to the garden, to him trying to make me feel better even though I was harsh, and I ended up telling her about the next day too, where we met officially.

"It really was meant to be." she said. I laughed. "Okay, well I'm going to my room, I'll talk to you after while." And with that note, Celeste walked off.

Not a moment later Maxon came back in. I stood on one foot, and he rushed to stabilize me.

"America shouldn't you sit dear?" He creased his eyebrows in light worry.

"I'll be fine, plus you haven't even told me what the surprise is yet." I pouted.

"Well--I " Maxon's voice gets cut off by another very familiar voice.

"America? AMERICA!" I whip around to see . . . . . . . . . . . .

________________________________________________________________________________

Ahhhhhhhhhh! Mwahahah Cliffhanger. Who do you think it is hmm? Anyway thanks for reading, also shoutout to my friend Amber who is literally May. Like exactly like May. I have major plans for a lot of this including things with the king, maids, rebels, Kriss, and others so stay for the tea spill. Anyway comment, so I know your here. Have a great day/night! ily(all)sm!

Love and Hugs <3

Mer/Woofpaws

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 3.3K 97
What if in a parallel universe America never got picked for the Selection? She never went to the palace to win Maxon's heart? If they never met that...
11.6K 215 22
Credit to Kiera Cass: I DO NOT OWN THE SELECTION PLOT LINE. *story takes place during The One* America has it tough as it is choosing if she really w...
78.8K 1.9K 44
~ 'Matthew slid closer to me so our bodies were pressed up against each other in a not to intimate way. "I hope I cross your mind every once in a whi...
8.2K 202 19
{EDITING} In Illea, the Selection is an opportunity of a lifetime for one average girl to be catapulted into the royalty. Marie entered, never thinki...