YOUNG • applyfic

By velvetseulgi

never judge a girl by her cover More

○ ───〘❝ WELCOME STUDENTS ❞ 〙
〄 [ ACADEMY RULES | ⁰¹
〄 [ ELITE REGISTERY | ⁰²
〄 [ JOIN YOUNGKWAN TODAY | ⁰⁴
〄 [ Y.K NEWSFEED | ⁰⁵
○ ─── 〘❝ 𝘾𝙊𝙐𝙉𝙏𝘿𝙊𝙒𝙉 ❞ 〙
⌬ - [劉睿琳] S I G N
⌬ - [방지연] 2 4 / 7
⌬ - [서채연] T R A U M A
⌬ - [호묵성] O A S I S
⌬ - [최화영] D A M A G E
⌬ - [준애리] T E M P O
⌬ - [임민지] G R A V I T Y
⌬ - [황화영] W I T H Y O U
update

〄 [ OFFICIAL HANDBOOK | ⁰³

2.2K 88 1K
By velvetseulgi

○ ○ ○

L O A D I N G
H A N D B O O K

○ ○ ○

#FILE://THE_SCHOOL %;

YOUNGKWAN ACADEMY (est. 1913) is an elite preparatory academy located in Hwaseong, South Korea, established by former intelligence agent KWON MISOOK to train bright young girls in the art of epsionage.

In order to disperse any rumours of what went on within the walls, YOUNGKWAN was propagated as an elite boarding school for wealthy elites, and the reputation continues to this day. This cover has protected the school for over 100 years, and is still widely believed by citizens of Hwaseong, who tend to look down on the Academy as a cesspool for snobs. Of course, it is far from the truth. 

To maintain a statute of secrecy, typically only daughters of former or current agents are invited, however exceptions have been made for especially intelligent or skillful students scouted by the school. The families of these students, however, are not told of the school's true nature nor what their children are learning as it is a matter of national security.

Anyone else looking to apply is quickly deferred, and whenever visitors come by the school goes into 'CODE RED', in which the school transforms to mirror your average academy. YOUNGKWAN students swear an oath to ensure that the truth behind the school doesn't get out, because if it does, the consequences would be disastrous.

The curriculum at YOUNGKWAN is unique and by no means easy, however it prepares the students to be ready when it comes to their dangerous future as government agents. Though it is tough, it is ultimately worth it, and the friends you meet become your sisters for life.

YOUNGKWAN ACADEMY was constructed within the old Ondal Estate, remodelled to meet the needs of educating and housing the faculty and student population (currently estimated to be around 225). It has 2 floors used for school related needs, such as classes, the great hall and the library, and 2 floors where students and staff reside.

Dormitory rooms are quite large, housing 3 girls per room separated by year. Each room has an en-suite, and small specific rooming requests can be made by students. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are eaten daily in the Great Hall, serviced by a 5 star chef straight from the Blue House. Each year also has a common room where students may relax in their spare time.

Though the castle above ground is relatively rustic, with elements kept from the original school in 1913, there are also 3 sublevels utilized for the more modern requirements of a spy school. SUBLEVEL ONE and TWO are accessible by students through a biometric elevator from 3rd year onwards, however SUBLEVEL THREE is strictly off limits and completely inaccessible to students.

The school grounds are gated and enclosed with a 12 foot tall wall, however there are hidden added security features that ensure that sneaking in or out is not possible. Despite this, there are plenty of courtyards and field space where the students may relax in their free time, or where practical lessons are occasionally held.

Unknown to a fair amount of the student population, the YOUNGKWAN manor holds many secret tunnels, hiding spots and passageways in it's walls. The castle was used during previous wars as a shelter and reconnaissance base, and thus is loaded with many hidden areas. It's been reported that some of these passages lead off of school grounds, but none of said passages have been located by the teachers yet.

HWANG JIHYUN (né 1975) has been YOUNGKWAN's headmistress since 2012. She's well liked by staff and students alike for her calm and friendly disposition, but can be very firm when it comes to the security of YOUNGKWAN's cover and of course it's students.

She was the one who decided to put together the team for the mission, and consulted each professor for their input on who were most prepared. She puts a lot of trust into the students, viewing them as more than mere children, but as exceptionally talented young women ready to take on the world.

#FILE://SUBJECTS_AND_PROFESSORS %;

ADVANCED ENCRYPTION
professor byun — room 104
➥ encoding & decoding messages, cryptography, algorithms and cyphers, real life methods.

ADVANCED LANGUAGES
professor im — room 104
➥ basics of 15 languages, ancient languages, colloquialisms, dialects, accent replication.

COVERT OPERATIONS
professor park — sublevel two
➥ field tactics, disguises, clandestine operations, silencing techniques, dead drops, missions.

CULTURE & ASSIMILATION
professor bae — room 206
➥ etiquette, world cultures, discreet tactics, dancing, lettering and codes, social and cultural matters.

PROTECTION & ENFORCEMENT
professor min — training gym
➥ hand to hand combat, guns, stealth weaponry, combat maneuvers, defense tactics.

COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD
professor kim — room 209
➥ international laws and agencies, customs and cultures, local information, foreign enemies.

RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
professor song — sublevel one
➥ lab work, background checks, practical experiments, gadget development, sciences.

COMPUTING
professor han — sublevel one
➥ technological hardware, hacking, data retrieval, programming, logistics, advanced computing.

HISTORY OF ESPIONAGE
professor lee — room 203
➥ past missions, notable spies, failed missions, government coupes, enemy patterns.

#FILE://ADDITIONAL_INFO %;

The boys employed on the mission are students of HWANGGEUM ACADEMY, the brother school of YOUNGKWAN. Unlike the girl's academy, their cover is portrayed as military school, and they are far less known among the community. In fact, although their students are aware of YOUNGKWAN's existence, the same cannot be stated for the girls.

Not much is known about HWANGGEUM, or its whereabouts, but it is known that their curriculum is intense, and their tactics ruthless. It can be assumed that their recruitment is similar to YOUNGKWAN's, however exact logistics are not disclosed.

Their headmaster, WON JINHYUK, is a secretive man who holds a rather shady reputation among high ranking agents for his past activities. However no one dares question him or his authority, glad that he agreed to provide a few students for the mission.

Since almost all parents and teachers are current/former government agents, here are a list of some you can refer to. These can also be agencies your student would like to join in the future.

[korea] NIS — national intelligence service
[korea] KCIA — korean Central Intelligence Agency
[korea] DIA — defense intelligence agency
[china] MSS — ministry of state security
[hong kong] CIB — criminal intelligence bureau
[japan] DIH — defense intelligence headquarters
[taiwan] NSB — national security bureau
[thailand] NIA — national intelligence agency
[england] MI6 — secret intelligence service
[usa] CIA — central intelligence agency
[usa] NSA — national security agency
[usa] FBI — federal bureau of investigation
[france] DGSI — general directorate for internal security
[canada] CSIS — canadian security intelligence service

If you need more info or if you want to reference another country not listed feel free to google. The KCIA is actually the NIS before it's name changed, but we needed more options.

THIS STORY TAKES PLACE IN 2018.
further updates will include answers to your questions/things i remember.

YEARS
2002 — 1st year
2001 — 2nd year
2000 — 3rd year
1999 — 4th year
1998 — 5th year
1997 — 6th year
1996 — 7th year

INFO ON THE MISSION
i wanted to hold off on giving info about the mission until i published the intro chapter but i feel like i've been too vague so im just gonna outline some basics of the mission so you guys can incorporate it into your forms! so sorry again, but here:

BASICALLY, North Korea is on some bullshit (to be revealed) and so the end goal is to eventually get into NK without suspicion and eliminate the threat.

BUT, of course, things are never just that easy. In order to get the information they need and in order to take out some potential threats, they'll need to travel around the world (some places ive decided on include; france, macau, england, mainland china, russia, egypt, thailand and japan though they are subject to change).

They'll need to work together as a team and learn to put their differences aside in order to meet their end goal, but of course shit will be wild along the way, so go crazy go stupid. Feel free to PM me or DM me on Instagram if you want further info in order to expand on your forms. Have fun!

(NEW) MISSION DETAILS
i've recieved a few dms asking for more details on the mission/what will go down so i'm just putting it here for future reference!

+ countries to be visited have been listed above.

+ plenty of undercover work, including (but not limited to): attending galas masquerading as other people, meeting with informants (will happen in mainland china), assuming someone's identity in order to garner information (honestly happening everywhere) etc.

+ run ins with enemies in nearly every country (though there will be something big in egypt), which may involve deaths. expect chase scenes and intense shit.

+ breaking and entering (lots of this!!) can tie in with going undercover (though it's typically with you + oasis + trauma who'll deal with maintaining cover cause they're the best "actresses" or the best at blending in).

+ attempting to blow up an undisclosed building in russia, this takes place closer to the end.

+ lots of them getting injured and stuff tbh, they're never really safe and they gotta learn to trust one another (the boys and the girls i mean sksk).

+ eventually they'll sneak into north korea and try to complete the most important part of the mission.

[ WHICH PROFESSOR IS YOUR FAVOURITE? ]

[ ASK ANY QUESTIONS HERE ]

————————————————
LAR'S NOTES!
sorry that this took so long, i just started school so i needed some time to get everything in order. professor xiumin is my fave ever ngl sksk

on the bright side, the form will be out tomorrow at 7:30pm EST ! thank u all for waiting patiently for my procrastinating dumb ass.

if you're unclear on or want to know something, feel free to ask questions above xx — lar

————————————————
[ NEXT FORM ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 72 22
〝 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗻𝗰𝘁 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝖿𝖾𝗆𝖺𝗅𝖾 𝗆𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋𝗌 〞 ...
320 53 11
After a long day is over I'll be next to you
1.3K 42 11
Just some random imagines I made✨ I'll be posting them on my instagram @moonmiwoo_ as well This includes multiple idols from various groups! I accept...
52 0 18
❝𝐀 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐤𝐩𝐨𝐩 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩, 𝐦𝐚𝐢...