The Blue Bird's Song {Bleach}

Von _MyDomain

Unfortunately for Kukiko Fuyu, a normal life was simply out of her reach. Forced into the position of a soul... Mehr

Prologue
Character Profile
ARC ONE - The Blue Bird's Song
Chapter One {The New Protector}
Chapter Two {Oaths and Promises}
Chapter Three {A Brother's Devotion}
Chapter Five {Truth Unraveled}
Chapter Six {Ichigo's Rival: Himself?}
Chapter Seven {Reminisce }
Chapter Eight {Blades of the Blue Bird}
Chapter Eight {The First of Many Battles}
Chapter Nine {A Battle with Fear}
Chapter Ten {A Reluctant Farewell}
Chapter Eleven {Creating a Plan}
Here's the Dealio

Chapter Four {The Monster Inside}

2K 90 5
Von _MyDomain

"Kisuke!" I called into the shop which, as per usual, was sorely lacking in customers, "I need to talk to you."

"You actually came to visit for a change. I was beginning to think that you'd given up on training." As he came into came into he, I could make out that signature grin of his.

"I was busy." I knew I was far too quick to defend myself and hurriedly changed the topic to the one I had come to discuss. "And you have explaining to do. There are so many details that you haven't told me and it's starting on my nerves. Why would you keep this from me?"

"I simply didn't believe they were relevant. Doesn't all that matter is that you slice the mask with you Zanpakuto?" Very little interest was shown in his query; I knew that he wouldn't find it a matter of importance.

"Of course not." Raising a brow, he turned to face me, "Knowing the truth gives me extra motivation. I feel better knowing that I'm saving the hollows' souls as well as the ones that they devour. Do you understand?"

Nodding in response, he walked further into his little shop and I followed. "Like me, it seems that knowledge is a big motivator." We stayed quiet for a few moments before I broke the silence.

"So, what are we going to do for training?" Kisuke and I made our way down to his underground training facility. I had to admit, I was extremely impressed when I first came down here; the entire space was absolutely massive.

"Last night, when Ichigo was fighting that hollow, why didn't you change into a soul reaper yourself?" His question was sudden and I was somewhat taken aback.

"I left my glove at home. I wasn't exactly planning on fighting monsters when going to a friend's house for dinner." With ease, he brushed off my sarcastic remark.

"I see. And how did you survive without your powers?" I was becoming suspicious. It wasn't exactly out of character for Kisuke to begin these sudden interrogations, but something was off.

"Why are you asking me all this?"

"Just answer." I sighed, playing along with this questionnaire.

"I wasn't planning on killing it, just distracting it long enough until Ichigo arrived. I did get a little beat up, but it worked out in the end." He covered his eyes with his hat as he normally did when he was thinking.

"Simple then. We work on being able to manifest your powers whilst still in your body so that if this happens again, you won't be in danger of death. It might not seem like it, but I don't want you to die."

"I know, I know; just don't talk to me so seriously. So, are you finally going to teach me kido?" I grinned. Kisuke had never been able to teach me kido before because he couldn't do it. Not that he didn't have to ability to; it's just that he wasn't any good.

"Well I'm not going to teach you but I finally found someone who can. Oh, Rukia~," he sang out. Sure enough, the dark haired, violet eyed Shinigami stepped out from her position behind a large boulder. I turned back to glare at the man before me.

"You told her!" I screamed, "She could tell her superiors and you know what that would lead to! I could be killed because of this."

"Your worries are not needed," she said meeting my eyes. "With the position I'm in," she paused, "telling the soul society about you will not benefit me in the slightest so why would I say a thing?"

"Position?"

"Never mind that. Let's stop this chit chat and get down to work before Ichigo starts wondering where the both of us are."

"Why would he be wondering where she is? Unless..."

"You're staying at Ichigo's?" My eyes widened with surprise.

"Yes. Where else did you expect me to stay?" Her was nonchalant, so I shrugged it off.

"I guess you're right. You said you're an expert at this so let's get to it. Soul form or as is?"

"It's easier to learn in soul form and then apply to real situations when needed," Rukia didn't waste a second as she put on her red glove, charging towards me. For the first time in a few weeks I was back in my Shinigami form. I stretched out shoulders around and grinned.

"I've missed this form." Rukia studies me carefully.

"Your shihakusho is different. It's rare that it's tight fitted," she comments.

"I know. I got pretty lucky." Just having the tighter clothing meant that I could move around more freely, and there was less material for any enemies to grasp on.

"It's interesting. I only know a couple of other people dressed like that; all of them are in the stealth squad. You also have a rather long Zanpakuto like Ichigo but thinner so it seems you're both a little odd."

"Thank god it's thinner. I don't think I'd be able to use a sword as heavy as that," I laughed and she chuckled.

"Now, let's start training."

---------------------------------------------------------

"Did you have to be so tough?" I puffed as we walk out of Urahara's shop.

"That wasn't tough. I'm impressed though; you're a natural at kido. Within three hours you nearly got up to my level," she praised.

"Thanks, I guess."

"No worries," she said as she slid into Ichigo's window, "see you tomorrow."

I walked into the house, throwing my bag to the ground. "She said that it wouldn't be too bad, but I'm going to be incredibly sore in the morning. I haven't been this exhausted in a while, but at least it paid off." The night grew darker, and Princess continued to alert me that it was time for her food with constant meows. I grabbed an apple, not that hungry for an actual meal. I kept biting through the apple as the thoughts of Rukia's words echoed. I knew that I wasn't exactly a normal soul reaper, but having it confirmed made me question why that was. "My blade, my shihakusho, why did they differ from the norm?" I was broken from my deep thoughts from a sudden spike in spiritual pressure that disappeared in a matter of seconds.

"A hollow," I muttered as I tried to locate its presence. I was curious as to how it only appeared for such a short amount of time. As I brainstormed ideas, I started to prepare for bed. When I finally pulled myself underneath the sheets, I shook the thoughts from my head. Shutting my eyes, I was eventually pulled into a state of unconsciousness and into a world that had become familiar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes to find myself standing in a field. There was only a single tree in the vast field which was alive with blooming cherry blossoms, but they were somewhat peculiar. The deep blue colours in the petals that covered the branches matched the flowers that were spotted amongst the tall grass. After taking in the vast surroundings, I survey the area for a familiar figure.

"Blue?" My voice echoed in the empty air, only to be disturbed by the sound of wings soaring through the crystal blue sky. The giant blue bird was followed by blue sparkles coming from the elegant tail as he soared. A child-like giggle escaped me when she settled down and landed right in front of me.

"Hello again." His voice was calming: a soothing melody to my ears that never failed to lift my mood. "How are you?"

"I'm okay. How about you Blue? I haven't seen you in a while," I smiled the best I can, but the events of the past couple of days were still bothering me and weighing heavy in my heart.

"I am fine. Though the skies have been a little grey lately," he commented, "they only turn grey when your heart is troubled. What is it?" I sighed and recalled the events since Ichigo became a soul reaper. He listened attentively all the way through, not once interrupting.

"I believe it is almost time you told the boy what you are."

"What will he say though?"

"Possibly the same as he said before. He won't be happy that you kept this from him but trust me, he will never abandon you." I looked down at the ground and frown. "As for your other issue, have you told Kisuke?"

"No I haven't yet."

"I suggest you do. He is very helpful with these things. He fixed it before did he not?"

"Yeah; thanks, Blue." I gave another smile at the creature

"How about I bargain with you?" He looked at me with his red eyes, "you tell Ichigo of the truth, and I shall tell you my name," he said tilting her head. It may seem odd, but Blue never did tell me his name. After a while I just started calling him Blue as he refused to tell me until I was, in his eyes, ready. I didn't understand why he wouldn't tell me though.

"Deal." I reach up to rub the top of his head and he closes his eyes in bliss. He may be a bird but he was about Ichigo's height.

"It's time for you to wake up now, Kukiko Fuyu I shall see you next time you visit." He bowed down and I do the same. He was extremely regal and I wished I had that nature about me which enchanted everyone. That would never happen in this lifetime or the next. He lifted her head and flew away.

I closed my eyes, feeling the world around me disappear as well as reality coming back into focus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irritatingly, the alarm woke me from my peaceful state, causing me to slam down the 'off' button. I moaned, grasping the covers tighter in the hopes that I wouldn't have to abandon them. The relationship I had with my bed was a close one, and I didn't want to hurt it by leaving so soon. Overreaction aside, I rolled my legs over the side and forcefully slid myself off. Trudging over to the kitchen, I made myself a bowl of muesli so that I wouldn't fall asleep in the middle of class due to the lack of energy. I wasn't going to pay attention but I didn't want to be caught in the act.

I quickly changed into the hideous uniform and take a quick look in the mirror. For once, my hair was cooperating with me, so I left it down and placed the hairband around my wrist for when it does eventually rebel. I grabbed my bag, and headed to the front door. As I grasped the handle, I began to think of Blue's advice from that night, and entertain the thought of visiting Kisuke. I didn't want to risk it attempting to take control again: that was the last thing I wanted.

Hurriedly, I took my notebook and pen from my bad, leaving a note for Ichigo when he came around. I stuck it to the door, making sure it wouldn't fall.

Ichigo,

I have an appointment that I just remembered about so don't worry about me today.

I'll see you at lunch!

Kukiko

I started my journey in the direction to the Urahara shop with a lot on my mind. The seal seemed to be wearing thin seeing as she could get to me in such a way. It wasn't only the fact that I could hear her, but I could now feel her spiritual pressure unlike before. That's why she had such an affect during our last 'meeting'. I was sure that my expression looked utterly frustrated as I made my way down the street. I received a few glances as people noticed my walking in the opposite direction of the school. Brushing them aside, I kept walking, picking up the pace. It didn't take long for me to arrive and the shack and make my way inside.

I was instantly greeted by Tessai, one of Kisuke's friends as I entered, "Miss Fuyu, this is unexpected. I'll go see if that boss is awake."

"Thank you Tessai." I smiled politely as he exited the room. He was a very nice person, but he was a little too oblivious to things and lacked common sense. I stood on my own, looking around the dark room. To regular people. It would look like a regular sweets store, but it's at the back where Kisuke keeps on the items of value.

I tapped my foot impatiently; Kisuke was definitely taking his time waking up. "That's it," I grumbled as I walked further into the store, "Kisuke!"

"Just give me a moment, would you?" He yawned as he walked out from his room, having very obviously just been woken up. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at school?"

"Yes but I have something to discuss with you." The serious look on my face sent him the message that I wasn't joking around.

"Come into the dining room. I'll have Tessai get us some breakfast."

"You don't have to do that, really."

"Don't worry about it; just come on." We proceeded into where the employees ate their meals. It was a cosy space that I had spent many nights in when I was younger. It brought back a lot of memories of when I used to reside here. We took our seats on either side of the kotatsu, looking each other square in the eye.

"So what seems to be the problem?" He raised a brow and frowned.

"The voice is coming back, and it's stronger than before." His expression darkened.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course; you of all people must have felt the rise in my spiritual pressure the other day. It was the only way I could keep it at by. It hurt, Kisuke. I'd never felt anything like it and I'm terrified. I don't want it to come back." I couldn't hold my emotions back any longer and tears stung at my eyes. The man in the green hat stood from his seat and approached me, wrapping me in an embrace.

"It's alright. I'll attempt to seal it again. I will warn you, it won't be as strong as before, but it should hold it back long enough for us to find a permanent solution," he explained. I simply nod as he walks into his storage room, frustrated. I didn't want to deal with this monster any longer.

"If you'd just let me take control you wouldn't have to. Come on, you know you want to." Its feminine voice was laced with venom.

"No!" I screamed, holding my head, "Just leave! I don't want you here; I won't let you take over!" I faintly heard feet thudding against the hard, wooden floors and made out the image of Kisuke; my vision being blurred by the tears streaming down my face. "Kisuke," I whimpered as my vision began to fade, "please, help me." I lost consciousness.

----------------------------------------------

"Is she going to be okay?" a voice asked. It was a girl, and it sounded familiar. I opened my eyes and rapidly sat up, looking around. I was in my old bedroom at the Urahara shop, with Jinta, Ururu, Tessai, Kisuke and Rukia surrounding me; cautious looks on their faces.

"Where am I? What happened?" After taking a while to recall prior events, I remembered what transpired.

"What happened?" I asked still panting from my realisation. "I fainted. Why did I have to faint of all things? It makes me seem like a weakling."

"You passed out after it tried to take control of you. I must say, you did a good job at resisting, so congratulations! You held it off long enough for me to seal it! Unfortunately, it isn't a very strong seal. It's a very temporary fix to a troublesome situation."

"It's better than nothing," I muttered.

"How are you feeling Kukiko?" I turned to see Rukia with a worried expression on her face. I gave a small smile to try and reassure her.

"I'm fine; nothing I can't handle. It's always been like this, so as long as I have a reason to keep on fighting, I will." She, in return, gave a smile back. It seemed she was convinced, probably more so than I.

"Will I be alright?"

"That's good. You missed out on some pretty interesting stuff today," she explained.

"Really now; do tell."

"Well I learned how to open what you call a juice box for one," she grinned as though she had made a profound accomplishment. I mentally face palmed and giggled. "Also, Chad brought a cockatiel to school that had a spirit inside."

"Yastora? Of course he did; he's always had a thing for little creatures. Do you think it's dangerous?" I was possibly the only one now that called 'Chad' Yastora. If that's what he wants to be called, I won't argue with that. I had no idea where Ichigo got Chad from.

"No, I'm guessing it's just lonely. Ichigo and I have decided to do a konso soon."

"That's good," speaking of spirits reminded me of last night," Hey Rukia, did you feel anything odd last night?" She looked at me confused.

"No I didn't feel anything out of the usual. Why do you ask?"

"It was nothing. Probably my imagination." I shrugged it off before something else struck me, "Wait, what time is it?"

"Around 4pm."

"Crap, I missed the whole day of school!" I gasped. That had never been my intention. "How long was I out for?" I looked panicked at the man who had been observing he entire conversation: Kisuke.

"Probably around six hours. You went down pretty hard; you know?"

"No, I don't know I; was unconscious!" I grumbled, "I need to get home. Rukia, did you get today's work for me?"

"Luckily for you, I did. I thought it was odd that you didn't show so I got the papers and ran here." She rummaged through her bag, grabbing out some worksheets and handing them to me.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it. We should get going now. You should have seen Ichigo today; he was in a complete panic that you didn't show up so he probably wants to see now." I nodded, turning to look at Kisuke.

"Thanks for your help today."

"Don't mention it. Anything for you my little Kukiko." We said goodbye to everyone else and left for home. On the way, Rukia looked at me and frowned.

"Kukiko, how are you going to explain the bandage?"

"What bandage?" I felt my forehead, realising that there was in fact a bandage wrapped around it. "I guess that on the way to my appointment I fell and knocked myself out. It's a reasonable excuse," I muttered.

"I suppose, but he seems to be able to read people easily. I hope you're a good actor."

"Oh don't worry; I am. Just not in front of him."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where the hell were you!" Ichigo practically screamed, "I had no idea where you were! You said you'd be there by lunch but you never showed up at all. I thought something bad had happened to you!"

"Well..." I trailed off, unable to find any words.

"What is that around your head?"

"It's called a bandage. I thought you were slightly intelligent," I joked, but the laugh that accompanied it was horribly fake.

"Are you alright? How did you get hurt?" he panicked.

"Calm down Ichigo, I'm not dying anytime soon. On my way to the appointment, I slipped and fell down some stairs and got knocked out." He studied my face intently.

"Fine then; don't tell me now but I expect you to tell me eventually." I turned my face to the ground; guilt consuming me. His anger seemed to vanish. "You must be hungry. Come on in; Yuzu just finished making dinner," he said as he dragged me inside.

Rukia walked around to Ichigo's window and jumped inside while we had our food. As usual, Ishin was busy trying to embarrass Ichigo with Karin making rude comments and Yuzu trying to stop everyone from fighting. I simply sat there and laughed at the family around me. It made me wish my family was still around, but, being here now, I didn't think I'd change a thing. That's what I'd thought at least. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re-written.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

30.8K 983 42
When Ichigo shows no interest to Shinji's lures of joining the Vizard, the group of ex-Shinigami end up taking to slightly extreme measures. Ichigo i...
67.5K 1.8K 12
**Book One** You have just moved to Karakura Town with your father for work, it wasn't long after your moved that your father enrolled you to Karakur...
39.9K 852 31
[COMPLETED] BLEACH SPOILERS! IF YOU HAVENT SEEN EVERYTHING, DONT READ. IT CONTAINS SPOILERS You've been living with Urahara Kisuke ever since the ev...
279K 10.7K 42
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...