The Dancer and the Don | ✔️

Od LaurenMGranich

COMPLETED | Francesca grew up in the middle of nowhere, but went on to become a dancer in the world-famous gr... Viac

The Dancer and the Don - Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
SEQUEL

Chapter 4

16.4K 472 30
Od LaurenMGranich

Fran was very excited for tonight.

Tony had woken her up before he'd left early in the morning to let her know that he'd bring dinner home for them. She was in jeans and a grey t-shirt, sitting on the couch in the living room.  Her leg wouldn't stop bouncing in anticipation.

It was all she could think of at practice today, which led to some distracted slip-ups that got her scolded by her instructor.

To be fair, it wasn't her fault. He was rarely home for meals despite how much she begged. They really only ate together on date nights, a date that was specified weeks in advance so he was able to move things around and get some free time.

She was used to it by now.

But, out of nowhere and for no reason, he was going to be home for dinner! While she could cook it wasn't her favorite thing to do, so she was very glad he'd be bringing home food.

A beep echoed throughout the house to let her know that the car was pulling in the driveway. Tony also had a driver and security guard named Tate Kadell. He was an older man, probably in his fifties, and was someone Tony trusted very very much.

Fran disliked Tate when they first met, because he was always interrupting Tony and her, then he would take Tony away to deal with work emergencies. She'd gotten used to it since then, but every once in a while it was annoying.

Especially when they were in the middle of sex. The first time Tony had left her naked and waiting she couldn't believe it. They were both so into what they were doing that Tony had finally cracked open the door to yell.

She'd never felt so humiliated in her life.

After a quick shower and a change into her pajamas, she sat in front of the TV crying silently. Tony was livid when he came home, wanting to track down whoever had made her cry, but she just shook her head silently. He was mortified when he learned she was crying because Tate had opened the door and told him he was needed, and he went.

He hadn't left without asking her since then, and she'd forgiven him long ago.

"Fran? I'm home!" Tony shouted and she heard the door shut behind him. Fran stood, thighs protesting because of practice today.

She ignored the pain in her legs as she ran to the doorway and jumped, cashing Tony by surprise. He dropped the bags he was holding to wrap his arms around her, chuckling the whole time.

"I haven't been gone that long, have I Fran?" He asked jokingly. She burrowed her head in his neck, giving it a small kiss then moving to his lips and doing the same. He grunted and deepened the kiss before pulling away.

"You're just not home for dinner often, I like it," she murmured. Fran slid down his body until her feet touched the floor. She smiled at him and the way he smiled back was her addiction. God, she loved this man.

"Well, you're in luck," he said, picking up the bags he'd dropped on the ground. "I got Slam Burger."

Yes! That was her favorite restaurant of all time, but she rarely had it anymore. She was trying to focus on more of a healthy diet.

The smile slowly faded from her face as she stared at the bag. Was he trying to butter her up?

"What's wrong?" She asked, trying to make eye contact. He was avoiding it.

"Let's just eat, yeah?" He said. Tony led the way to the dining table and began to pull out items from the bag. Her stomach rumbled as she stared at it.

Fran let him pass out the food, then unwrap it, and begin to eat before she asked again.

"What's wrong?" It wasn't a good sign that after she asked he sighed and put his burger down. Tony grabbed a napkin and began to wipe the grease from his fingers. She hadn't even taken a bite yet, her stomach rolling with nerves.

"A contract went wrong with Grain Holders Inc., and now they're requesting me to come up and fix the mistakes my company made," he said with a reluctant sigh. Tony sat back in his seat, watching for her reaction.

She simply nodded, then picked up her burger and forced herself to take a bite.

"Fran, it'll be two days," Tony said, giving her a sympathetic look. "I'll be home in no time, alright?" Fran knew why he was being sympathetic.

She was diagnosed with anxiety when she was younger, and had recognized certain triggers throughout the years. After she met Tony the amount of triggers went up a little, but at the same time they went down in a way.

Whenever she was feeling anxiety or was beginning to panic, all she had to do was call Tony. Sometimes it would get so bad Nathan would have to call him for her.

She was also really, really thankful that Tony was so accepting about it. Fran didn't hide it when they met, as a matter of fact she just blurted it out on one of their first dates. From then on he didn't treat her different, just offered his help whenever she needed it. It meant the world to her.

One of the triggers she'd found was sleeping without Tony.

As a child, Fran had some sort of sleeping disorder that doctors never diagnosed. A radio or a TV must be playing while she slept, if not her brain just wouldn't sleep. She would begin to grow frustrated that she couldn't sleep, then cry and have a panic attack.

It was a cruel, cruel cycle that she eventually grew out of in high school.

With Tony, it hadn't really started until the got married. She began to get so used to sleeping with him in the same bed, and when he went on his first business trip Nathan ended up calling Tony for her.

Fran didn't want to interrupt him while he was busy, or wake him up if he was sleeping, but when she spoke to Nathan later he told her that she wasn't crying, she was screaming. It was worse than it had ever been.

He'd been on several more business trips while they'd been married, and usually Tony was able to call her and stay on the phone until she fell asleep.

It was a bad thing that Tony looked so worried right now.

"You won't be able to call, will you?" She asked in a monotone voice after swallowing her bite of burger. It was funny how excited she was for him to get home, and how quickly her night was ruined.

"I don't know that yet," he murmured, watching his wife carefully. She looked away from him.

"It's so stupid," Fran said incredulously, looking back at her husband, "that I need someone else to do something as simple as sleeping."

"Look at me, Fran," Tony said in a demanding tone. I let my eyes flash towards him, making eye contact with his beautiful, dark brown eyes. "It is not stupid, okay? It's something you can't control."

Fran shook her head, tears brimming in her eyes. She was such a child.

"No! No, Fran, I won't let you look down on yourself like this," Tony said, standing and grabbing her face, forcing her to look at him. He pulled her into a standing position, then into a hug.

"I love you, Fran," he murmured into her ear. She willed the tears I her eyes to go away, but they flowed over her cheeks anyway. His hand rubbed over her back and his mouth was cooing in her ear.

"I love you, Tony," she said a few minutes later, squeezing him tight as the last of her tears left her eyes.

"Let's finish the food, yeah? Before it gets cold." Tony was quick to sit back down and shove food in his mouth. She giggled at the ketchup and some mustard getting stuck on the corners of his mouth.

"Wait a second," she said quietly, the smile falling from her face only to be replaced with a frown. "What else did you eat today?" He was hungrier than usual, which sometimes meant he had forgotten to eat a meal during the day. She put her hands on her hips and made eye contact with his wide eyes.

"I'm just hungry!" He defended, swallowing the last of his burger and reaching for his drink. She shook her head, not believing a single thing coming out of his mouth.

"So if I went and asked Tate," she said, crossing her arms, "he would tell me what you ate for lunch?" His eyes widened, then closed.

"Fine. I didn't eat lunch," Fran's eyes widened in anger before he began to defend himself, "but I'm eating now! I bought myself three burgers, I'll eat every bite of them!"

"You need to eat lunch, Tony! You can't just skip meals! I'm talking to Tate," She said.

"No, no, no," he said, shaking his head.

"Yes, yes, yes," she mocked, "he'll shove the food down your throat. Eat your food." She stated, sitting back down and beginning to eat as well.

"That conversation turned so quickly on me," Tony muttered, looking down at his food in confusion.

"Well," she said, "maybe you should take more control next time."

A piece of his burger fell out of his mouth.

She winked.

He pounced.

****

Thanks for reading!

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

267K 4K 28
When Andrea is sexually unfulfilled with her fiancé she turns to her dominant best friend Lorenzo Marino one of the biggest mafia leaders for help. ...
251K 8.1K 53
✨Book 2 in the DiSilva Series✨ Giovanni Marino must step up to the plate and fix the trail of chaos Antonio DiSilva leaves in his wake. He is discipl...
1.9M 35.7K 55
||completed|| "If loving her is a weakness, I am only a weak man." - Massimo Giordani Massimo Giordani. Even thinking about him sends shivers down y...
5.5M 153K 48
"The rules for a Mafia wife were endless and strict. Once she entered into this life she would never be free. Women in the Mafia were first daughters...