Elements {Severus Snape / Stu...

By xXRainbowXVeinsXx

(UNDER EDITING - PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS ITS QUITE MIND BOTTLING). Lennocelia Kingsleigh has it all. Or, at least... More

New Beginnings ::1::
A Halfblood at Heart ::2::
If Quidditch Were Like Ballet ::3::
The Forbidden Forest ::4::
A Day in Hogsmeade ::5::
A Bright Blue Potion ::6::
Quidditch Tryouts ::7::
Just Another Day... ::8::
A Menacing Detention ::9::
Four TriWizard Champions...? ::10::
Into Your Mind ::11::
I Believe You ::12::
Everything that Doesn't Matter ::13::
Homework of Sorts ::14::
The Burrow ::15::
I Love the Smell of Amortentia in the Morning ::16::
An Awful Morning ::17::
Firewhiskey ::18::
The Question Game ::19::
The First Task (Part 1) ::20::
The First Task (Part 2) ::21::
The Daily Prophet ::23::
The Book of Love ::24::
Christmas Eve Day ::25::
The Yule Ball ::26::
The Christmas Egg ::27::
A Rather Large Disappointment ::28::
The Aftermath ::29::
A Modest Proposal ::30::
It's Moments Like These ::31::
This Changes Everything ::32::
The Difference Between Love and Lust ::33::
The Second Task ::34::
True Power ::35::
Give In, Don't Give Up ::36::
The Third Task: Part 1 ::37::
The Third Task: Part 2 ::38::
The Order Rises Again ::39::
The Life and Legacy of Lennocelia Kingsleigh (Epilogue) ::40::
The Real Epilogue

A Shocking Development ::22::

4.9K 194 65
By xXRainbowXVeinsXx

*** It's been awhile hasn't it?? I have a life :P schooling is beginning... ugh... and anyways, I do believe I've left you a cliffhanger, yes? We'll have to tend to that ;) happy reading! ***

Lennox clamped onto her head in agony, dropping to the floor of the tent. She felt as if her brain was pulsing violently. She gasped as her knees hit the grass, still not able to see the world around her. By this time Fleur Delacour had gone to face her dragon, and Lennox could hear the crowd in the background.

She felt a pair of strong arms help her to her feet, although they hadn’t belonged to Severus. She felt the person’s face, her fingers trailing the long metal frames of the person’s spectacles. It was Harry, and she was holding onto him for dear life. She desperately wished she could see.

“Harry. Where’s Se-Snape?” she whispered in his ear, unable to speak any louder from the throbbing pain in her head. Despite her lack of vision she closed her eyes tightly, wanting a visit to Madam Pomfrey in the Hospital Wing. Perhaps she was having a concussion? That could be it.

“Here. Do you feel nauseous?” she heard his cold voice behind her. She slowly turned around with the help of Harry, and immediately smelled the very familiar cologne that had been deep in the fabrics of his cloak. She took a deep breath in, taking in the scent.

“No. I think I’ll be alright... it’s just my bloody head.” she cringed and began to tenderly rub her temples. She felt his hand grip tightly, but not uncomfortably, around the upper part of her arm. She smiled wearily in Harry’s direction, hoping he caught it. She felt herself being whisked away out of the tent.

“I do believe we should get your head checked. Are you sure you feel alright? You don’t feel like you have to vomit...?” she could tell they were alone now. The gravel crunched under their feet as they walked up the path to the castle. She held onto her professor’s arm for dear life.

“No. I’m fine Severus really... my head just hurts quite a bit... and I still can’t see.” she muttered. He had to slow his pace quite a bit in order for her to go at a normal speed. He had to take in account their differences in height. They had finally reached the Hospital Wing when Madam Pomfrey rushed over to them.

“I’ve just received a Patronus from the Headmaster. I’ve been expecting you. Come here dear, we’ll examine your head.” the kind healer helped Lennox into a large cushioned chair. She felt Severus’s presence behind her, and the mediwitch kneeled in front of her.

Lennox heard her mutter some unintelligible spells, and felt a small force around the upper part of her head. She immediately felt the pain cease, and relaxed in the armchair she had been sat in. She heart Madam Pomfrey’s shoes wandering about.

She heard a chair pull up next to her, which she assumed was the work of Severus. He let out a sight as he slowly sat down. She rubbed her eyes, still finding herself to be blind... and she could only hope it wasn’t perminant. 

“Well...” announced the healer, her voice growing louder with each second. She walked towards the pair, and put her wand back into the folds of her dress. Lennox stiffened, waiting for an answer. Could a potion cure it?

“She doesn’t have a concussion...” she trailed off. Severus quirked an eyebrow at her. It was that tone that he had heard so many times... especially when he was badly injured during the first war. It was the tone she used when there wasn’t anything she could do.

“But?” he inquired. She pursed her lips, and took Lennox’s smooth hand in her own veiny elderly ones. Lennox was beginning to recognize the tone as well, and her hopeful expression immediately fell. She braced herself for the bad news.

“I’m afraid there isn’t much I can do. The brain is an exceptionally difficult organ to heal. From what I’ve gathered the impact affected some of the nerves. I cannot heal them properly. I am not a St. Mungos healer.” she explained to the young sixth year.

“But... how long will I be blind?!” Lennox squeaked uncontrollably. Madam Pomfrey said nothing.

“Madam Pomfrey!” she exclaimed.

“I’m sorry dear... I’m not going to sugar coat it. I  honestly don’t know how long it’ll take. It might never heal itself. You could possibly be blind forever. The truth is Miss Kingsleigh, I have absolutely no idea.” she walked away.

Lennox took in a sharp breath, but immediately felt a reassuring hand on hers. She felt warm tears slowly drip down her face. Her body began to tremor, and she shook her head slowly. She honestly was at a loss of words. 

“Miss Kingsleigh...” he began. She pulled her hand away and buried her face in her hands. She whimpered quietly. Severus felt his heart ache for her. What could he do? There must have been something... 

“Lennocelia.”  he breathed. Completely in shock she looked up, half expecting to magically see her professor sitting before her, but still nothing. Her name sounded so... beautiful against his lips. Wonderful coming off of his tongue. 

“I... will do anything I can. If your sight isn’t back by Friday morning I will visit St. Mungos myself and bring a healer here if I have to. I will see to it that your sight comes back.” he emphasized the word ‘see.’

“Did you just-”

“Make a pun? Yes. I did. Even I can have a sense of humor once in a great while. I’m not completely soulless after all.” he spoke quietly. She laughed like an idiot, leaning her head back and showing off her sparkling white teeth.

It took everything Severus had to not grab the girl and kiss her senseless when she smiled and laughed the way she was doing at this very moment. He had even twitched in his seat, talking himself out of it within half a second.

“Severus... are you alright? Your heartbeat is quickening.” she crossed her legs, leaning back in her chair. His heartbeat was...? What? How on earth... she had made a comment in the tent about his heartbeat... could she hear it?

He listened silently for a moment, indicating that you could not indeed hear anything. It was absolutely quiet in the hospital wing. He knitted his eyebrows, looking at the girl curiously even though he was well aware she could see it.

“How do you..? How are you-”

“I can feel it. In the ground. It’s how I know when you’re lying or not. Or anyone for that matter.” she licked her lips slowly, now getting to her feet. He did so as well, and let her grab onto his arm. They began a slow walk.

“Is that... normal for your-”

“Yes. It’s an earth element conjurer thing. And right now I can tell you’re nervous. Oh, and...” she paused for a moment, stopping in her tracks and feeling the ground. 

“Dumbledore, Crouch, and Harry are about to walk in the door.” she took his arm once more.

“Now... This is getting a bit ridiculous. You can’t possibly know who-”

“Lennox!” exclaimed a young boy as he bolted through the double doors of the hospital wing. Lennox smiled smugly when she was sure Severus was glancing down at her. She let go of Severus’s arm to embrace the young Gryffindor.

“Harry. How did your task go? Are you alright?” she played with his hair seductively, still smugly grinning at Severus who she could tell was watching through the corner of his eyes. Harry rubbed her back. She could feel his glasses against her skin.

“Oh yeah... brilliant. You won. You came in first.” he sighed. She genuinely smiled then, pleased with herself. She pulled away from him. Severus stepped aside to speak with Dumbledore privately, who happily obliged.

“The girl is blind for God knows how long Albus... there’s nothing that can be done. We have to wait to see if her sight comes back.” he muttered angrily. The twinkle in the Headmaster’s eyes grew larger with every passing second.

“But that isn’t going to stop you from trying is it Severus?” he inquired innocently. Severus felt his eyes narrowing at the obscenely old man. Dumbledore only smiled pleasantly and glanced at the two teenagers. Crouch was speaking with Madam Pomfrey.

“Trying to do what? Haven’t the slightest idea what you mean... Headmaster.” Severus snapped coldly. The old professor shook his head.

“Don’t play stupid with me Severus... you may be the most intelligent man I have ever come across in my life but you certainly are a fool.” this took the Potions Master by surprise. Severus knitted his eyebrows together, gaping at his employer.

“I beg pardon-”

“I’ve been on this earth long enough to sense when two people have as strong of a connection between eachother as you and Miss Kingsleigh do.”

“Albus I-”

“Please. I’m not as clueless as you are willing to believe. She is truly a perfect match for yourself... but do remember where the boundaries are Severus. There is a fine line between enough and too far.” he warned, and waltzed out with Bartemius.

His mouth hung open slightly, and at this time he was thankful the girl couldn’t see... and was chatting away with Potter... but now was about time he become a bastard and break it up. She didn’t need company.

“There’s a party in Gryffindor common room later... if you want to come...” he said nervously, taking short pauses between sentences. She gave him a sad smile, but then turned to her professor. He stiffened.

“That sounds really nice Harry... but I don’t know if I’m up for a party tonight.” she shook her head. He nodded in understanding.

“I see... ER.... WELL... I don’t see. I mean I DO see... and you can too but you just... er... I’ll see you later.” he stammered hopelessly, and scurried out of the Hospital Wing. She giggled, and grabbed the black clad arm once more.

“You should wear muggle sun shades. This way people don’t mistake you for seeing.” he told her, gathering them from Madam Pomfrey. It was curious that she ever have needed them, but the past was a crazy time... for everyone.

Lennox heard footsteps near her. 

“Good evening Professor. Lennox. Is Madam Pomfrey here? I have some things from Professor Sprout.” a friendly voice stated. She had to think hard about the voice, before connecting the dots. She smiled at the girl.

It was her new lab partner in advanced potions, Holly, and she was a seventh year Hufflepuff. Lennox also remembered she was the personal assistant of the Herbology teacher. Lennox pointed to the healer’s office, which Holly gladly skipped off to.

She grabbed the black clad arm once more and the two strolled off arm in arm down the corridors. The students hadn’t arrived back at the castle, sparing the two from strange looks as they made their way down to the dungeons.

He brought her to the common room, glancing at her wristwatch. It was nearly seven. Where had the entire day gone? Only earlier this morning he had been watching her peacefully sit in a tree and now he had been taking her sightless body to her dorm.

“Severus?” she questioned as the two entered the circular room with beds all around it. She felt around for her own spot, and finally reached it, tossing her cloak down onto the bed and carefully sitting down on it.

“I... I think...” she paused.

“There’s a first time for everything I suppose.” he joked sarcastically. She glared at him as only a blind girl can. She paused once more.

“I think... I might be in-” she stopped herself, biting her lip. Severus remained quiet, only watching her troubled expression. She’s in what? He found himself wanting to know more and more each time she opened her mouth to speak.

“Nevermind... I just want you to know how much I appreciate everything you’re doing for me. You are the best man I know. And I thank you... and I don’t hate you. Just the opposite... I find in different circumstances I may even count you as a... friend.” she slowly got out.

His heart swelled. Words like that had never been said to him before. He had never been called the ‘best.’ He had never heard ‘thank you’ from anyone but Dumbledore. He had never been considered a friend... by anyone- not even Albus. Perhaps not even Lily.

“I... Kingsleigh there’s something I need to tell you. I-” it was his turn to leave her in suspense. It wasn’t the right time for it. He would have to wait. There was nothing worse than speaking at an inopportune moment. 

“Yes... Severus?” she pleaded quietly. He pursed his lips together, closing his eyes and folding his hands behind his back. 

“I... am going to start working on a potion for your eyes... you’ll need them for the second task... it isn’t until after Christmas mind you, but I do believe it could take awhile. Will you be alright here by yourself?” he recovered.

She nodded, shooting him a sad look as he left. He needed to leave the girls dormitory before he was seen by the other Slytherins. He sighed, and quickly made his way back into his personal office. He had no idea where to begin to find a cure for sight loss.

But Severus knew himself to be determined. Especially when there was a reason behind his research. He sat back in his chair, rubbing his eyes and yawning. It had been forever since he’d slept, and with the current situation he knew sleep wasn’t on the top of his ‘to do’ list...

Although he sure wished Lennox Kingsleigh was. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.3K 1.7K 43
It's your last year at Hogwarts and you couldn't be more exited. Especially because you get to see your favourite professor and crush since fourth ye...
4.5K 149 38
A seventh year hufflepuff girl (y/n) falls deeply in love with her potions master who happens to be your best friend's family friend, Professor Snape...
20.3K 606 50
Severus Snape: Most students hate him. He is not liked by lots of people. People refer to him as a bully. People describe him as mean, cruel, ugly, c...
54.6K 2.1K 32
Emma Moore, professor in Healing at Hogwarts, has to suppress her feelings for her old best friend and now colleague Severus Snape, who she hasn't se...