City Wolf

By five_authors_123

"You can run but you can't hide." --- Amber Reed's mother was murdered right in front of her when she was jus... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Authors Note
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Authors Note (Answers to Q's)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Authors Notes

Chapter 3

5.4K 173 13
By five_authors_123

"Come on, get your ass out of the car."

Olivia grabbed my hand before I could even grab my jacket, pulling me towards the large building. The mall was rather foreign to me. I only came here to Christmas shop, and even then, I tried to stay away.

Christmas shopping at this facility was a nightmare. People rushing, no manners from anyone, and not to mention the intensity of just Christmas shopping in general.

"Jesus Christ, I'm coming."

Her small hand let go of my mine and we made our way inside.

There were people everywhere, talking and minding their own business. Familiar smells flooded in my nose, causing my stomach to growl. I haven't eaten anything yet and the fried food from the food court was smelling heavenly.

I noticed Olivia was already walking around in a large store.  I was quick to follow her lead.

Inside we found many dresses, all were okay but definitely not my style. We continued on our adventure, walking until I found an Old Navy, quickly going inside.

Towards the back of the woman's isle, I found a cute black dress that ended above my knee. It was a little snug, but was perfect. When I walked out with it on, Olivia's eyes widened, and she whistled. I laughed and went back into the changing room.

We went to the front to pay for it. As we stood in line, a woman and her son were standing behind us arguing back and forth. The boy only looked to be around 5 or 6, and he was a spitting image of his mother.

"After we pay, then we are going to buy you some new shoes. Then we will go buy the churros."

My ears perked up when she said churros. It seemed like my stomach did too.

"But they are buy one get one free! I don't want them to be all gone!"

My mouth was watering. Buy one get one free, huh?

I like the sound of that..

After we paid, it was my turn to grab Olivia's wrist and drag her around. I ranted about these supposed churros, and soon she was walking just as fast as me.

Getting closer to the food court made my stomach ache. All these wonderful smells cause a little bit of drool to come out. I wiped it away quickly before anyone could notice.

I was a wolf, so I drool a lot. It's a canine thing.

Don't judge.

Then Olivia points across the court, to a small churro stand that had a massive sign out that read in big red letters, "BUY ONE GET ONE".

We darted across the cafeteria, and arrived just in time. We were the first people up there, and before we know it a small line begins to form behind us. Each individual with the same hungry expression as us, We both ordered 2. The man gave us our deep fried cinnamon sugar goodness and we both walked away, satisfied with our life decisions.

We ate them rather quickly, and decided it was about time to go home and get ready for tonight.

As we walked out the doors we came in though, Olivia stopped me and began to sniff the air, something I hadn't seen her do in a long time.

"What is i-"

She cut me off with a loud growl.

Okay, damn.

I sniffed the air too, and then something hit me.

The most delicious smell I've ever smelt. It was a nutmeg, woodsy type of smell. It was so good, it made my mouth begin to water again.

But even stranger is that my wolf began to stiffen. She was all the way there now, pressed against the walls of my mind. Normally she's like a tuned out radio station that only plays static. Now she was full on there, practically blaring music. That's not what actually happening, but you get the point.

She was there but she wasn't saying or doing anything. She just felt stiff.

What is it?

She didn't respond, but rather continued to stay quiet.

Olivia mumbled something that snapped me out of my thoughts, but I still heard it.

"Pine."

I couldn't smell the pine, but that nutmeg smell smelt like it was getting closer. It was a lot stronger now than it was before. Alarms went off in my head, and I quickly decided that we had to get out of there. Whatever it was that smelt so good was getting closer, and it obviously had something to do with my wolf. I've been avoiding the werewolf side of me for years, and I'm not about to give in to being one again now. I grabbed Olivia's arm once again and dragged her out to the car. We got in and I quickly drove off.

Olivia sat in silence and it was kind of scaring me. Olivia loves to chat, so it's weird seeing her like this.

"Are you okay?"

She just shakes her head and looks at me.

"My wolf spoke to me."

I almost slammed on the brakes.

"What? Really? What did she say?"

She looked down at her hands, her face filled with confusion.

"She told me that I should follow the scent. That the pine smell wasn't a thing it's a who. But she didn't know who that person was."

I sighed.

"I felt my wolf too. But she didn't say anything."

She looked at me in disbelief. We both knew now that this was something that was pretty damn serious for it to be affecting us like this. After years of silence with our wolves, they finally come out today.

"This is too weird."

"Tell me about it."

———

After the incident, we both just agreed that it would be best that we just avoid whatever the smell is from now on. The minute we smell either of those two delicious smells again, we run the other way.

We were both at home now, almost 8 pm. We both were getting ready for the club, us both wearing our dresses and putting on our makeup. I settled with a smokey eye look that made the black dress stand out, and Olivia was wearing a pink dress with a more natural makeup look. Olivia even straightened my hair.

We were both ready to go so we called an Uber to take us. We got out at the club, to see a long line outside. I pulled my dress down a little so it wasn't riding up, and we grabbed us a spot in line. A couple of cute guys stood in line in front of us, and while we waited to get in, I could see them staring at us out of the corner of my eye. They both whispered back and forth to each other, until finally they turned around and began to smile.

"Hello, ladies. What's a couple of fine women like you doing out here tonight?" The blonde one winked at Olivia. Olivia bit her lip and smiled.

"We're just looking for a fun time tonight."

It was now our turn to go into the club, after finally getting in, the over whelming scent of sweaty bodies and alcohol filled my nose. I cringed a little, but just tried to focus on Olivia's conversation with Blondie.

Blondies friend was eyeballing me so I began to start a conversation with him as well.

"So, what are you doing here on a Saturday night?"

He was kind of cute, I'll give him that. But something about him just set me off. He had his hair long and it was styled over and it gave him a Justin Bieber kind of look. 

"If Im being honest, I was dragged out here to try and get over my ex girlfriend. She broke up with me last weekend."

Oof. That's tough.

"Oh, I see."

I needed to leave this conversation, it was getting kind of weird now.

"Do you want something to drink? I'll go get us something?" I asked him.

He told me any beer would be fine, so I made my way over towards the bar. I ordered two bud lights. I took my dear sweet time though. I opened up my bottle and began to drink it. Once it was gone, I ordered another. I probably looked like an idiot, since I had another one in my hand, but I didn't care. I needed to buy time so I didn't have to go back to that train wreck of a conversation.

As soon as I got the other bud light, I smelt something.

Out of all the sweaty body smells here, I still smelt the delicious smell. I froze.

Nutmeg...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 5.2K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
114K 4K 46
Currently editing to Third POV 𝘉𝘰𝘰𝘬 1 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴. <𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘯 1990> 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺�...
197K 8.7K 43
When no one talks to you anymore or even sees you, you wonder, what's the point? I could move after high school, I could start over, but it wouldn't...
2.1M 53.6K 30
Sophia Frost is a cold, charming and secretly sweet woman. However she's a Rogue with no desire to be apart of any pack, not again. See, she used to...