IT HAD TO BE YOU✨

By DripingMascara

Shen Yue, a confident and bright girl, has been working in an interior designer company from the last five ye... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 2: GAME IS ON

CHAPTER 1: AN EVENTFUL NIGHT

603 36 8
By DripingMascara

"As usual perfect!" Mr. Zhang, the chairman said. "I've told you earlier too you are the most deserving employee for the project's manager position and I think this time you'll definitely be the one."

"Thank you so much, Sir." Yue smiled confidently and went back to her cabin.

She sat on her chair with a big cheerful smile on her face.

"I knew they'll choose me. How can they ignore the work I have been doing since last three years? Finally my dream of being the project manager will come true. And who knows, maybe after few years, I'll be the chairman of this branch." She laughed. "Mom, Dad would be so happy when they'll hear the news."

"Why are you talking to yourself?" Jia's voice interrupted her thoughts as she entered into her cabin and stood near her chair.

"I just came back from the chairman's office and he told me I'll be the new project manager for sure!"

"Wow! So it's confirmed now!" Jia said with excitement.

"Kind of. No official announcement yet but I'm 100% sure, I'll get that position."

"I'm so happy for you. I've been watching you for the last three years, you've worked so hard for this and now you're getting exactly what you deserve. I'm so proud of you!" She hugged Yue, and she hugged her back.

****************
"Not again! Wait till I get my hands on you!" Dylan muttered when XiZe didn't answer his call for the third time.

He stepped out of the airport and saw him standing near the car talking on the phone.

"As expected." Dylan walked towards him and stood in front of him with a fake smile.

XiZe gulped when he saw him.

"I'll talk to you later." He immediately disconnected the call.

"Bro! You are finally back! You have no idea how much I missed you." He hugged Dylan.

"I know! That's why instead of finding me you were flirting on the phone." Dylan replied as he broke the hug.

"It was important, trust me. Anyway, I came for you,right? I didn't forget. Come on, let's go." XiZe put his luggage in the trunk and Dylan sat inside the car.

"So how does it feel coming back to your country after six years?" XiZe asked as he drove.

"Super awesome. I missed everything about it except for some people."

"Of course! Who can know better than me? But I still wonder why do you want to work here, you could do that in London as well?"

"That'd have been so easy. I need my freedom and independence back. That's why I didn't tell anyone at home that I'm here to apply for a job."

"Woah! So your family thinks you're on a vacation?"

"Yup! I didn't want to jinx things."

"Great. I hope everything goes according to your plan." XiZe said as he stopped the car in front of Dylan's building. "You must be jet lagged. Go inside and rest. I'll see you in the evening after work."

"Cool."

******************

"Done! " Yue sighed as she turned off her laptop after completing her work. "I can't wait to go home and sleep. It was such a tiring day."

*Ring Ring*

"What's up Jia?" Yue answered the call as she was collecting her things.

"Are you done?"

"Yeah! About to leave."

"Great! Let's go to the club and celebrate tonight."

"Celebration? What's the occasion?"

"Didn't chairman tell you that you'd be the new project manager?"

"Yeah! But it's not officially confirmed. And I'm tired. I want to sleep."

"So what if it's not officially confirmed? We'll party again then. And just sacrifice your sleep for one day. I've already decided."

"Do you want me to come to a club in office clothes?"

"Don't worry. I'll bring the clothes for you. You can change. And no more excuses now. You know I won't change my plan. Be there within an hour. Bye!" She disconnected the call.

"Agh! She never listens to me!!"

************************
"Is it important? I'm not in the mood." Dylan said again while getting ready.

"Since when you became so boring? The Dylan I know loves clubbing."

"When did I say I don't like clubbing? I'm just tired and want to rest."

"That's what you've been doing from last five hours. It's 8PM already." XiZe replied. "Stop throwing tantrums. I even cancelled my date for you!"

"Such a huge sacrifice. How will I pay you back?" Dylan mocked.

"By going to the club with me. Trust me you'll have fun there."

"Fine!!"

**************
"Where are you? I've reached." Yue was walking towards the entrance of the club.

"Come inside." She answered.

"Okay!" Yue entered inside and walked towards Jia who was standing with a bag in a corner.

"Here it is! Go and change." Jia handed her a bag.

Yue took the bag from her and went inside the washroom to change. She changed, straightened her hair, did a little touch up and came out.

"Go inside and order the drinks. I'll be back in a second!" Jia went outside to keep the bag in the car.

******************
The loud music and dim neon lights greeted XiZe and Dylan as they entered inside the club. Club was packed. Some people were dancing, some were drinking at the bar, some were having fun at their tables and some were in the corners.

"This club has changed a lot."

"Of course. It has been six years. Everything changes with time. Now this is the most happening club of Shanghai." XiZe explained. "Come let's go for a drink!"

They both sat the bar and ordered their drinks.

*Ring Ring*

XiZe's phone rang. He looked at the caller's name and sighed.

"I need to pick this one. I'll be back." He rushed out from the door.

"He will never change." Dylan took a sip from his drink.

Yue came to the bar and sat next to Dylan. She ordered the drinks and then started checking her emails. Dylan too was busy in texting his friends.

"Sorry! It took so long. But you know how much girls talk, right? But I turned off my phone now. So no more disturbance." XiZe sat on his other side.

"Stop behaving like my girlfriend." Dylan joked as he put his phone on the counter.

"Ma'am your drinks are ready." Bartender said.

"Just a second."

"Where are you? Drinks are ready." Yue called Jia.

"About to enter. Come with the drinks on our table. I'll be waiting there" Jia answered.

"Fine!" She put her phone on the counter and walked towards her table with drinks in her hands.

"Thank you! "Jia said as she grabbed her glass. "Cheers for my best friend's new beginning!" She raised a toast.

"Cheers!!"

Dylan was busy with XiZe and Yue was busy with Jia. They kept on chatting, laughing, joking with each other. Dylan and XiZe had a lot to catch up while Jia and Yue needed some time off from their office lives.

"It's been a long time since we danced, Yue! Come, let's go on the dance floor!" Jia dragged Yue on the dance floor.

"Jia! From now on ask me first before making plans. Next time, I won't be coming with you." Yue threatened as they both danced.

"Okay. Okay."

Dance floor was the loudest and the darkest area of the club. Lot of people were dancing and you could barely see anyone's face there. Dylan was there too with XiZe. And while dancing in the crowd, for a minute they came face to face with each other. Dylan could see her eyes sparkling like stars in those dim, flashy neon lights. Yue noticed his big honest eyes. Her bangs were covering the upper part of her forehead.

"Cute! "

And before they could see each other's face Jia dragged Yue out from there.

"What happened? Why did you pull me out?" Yue asked.

"I just received a message from my team head. We have an early morning meeting tomorrow. I need to go back home and prepare for it." Jia complained. "Let's go back."

"When I told you to drop the plan, you forced me to come, and when I was enjoying dancing, you are saying we should leave. How convenient! But I'm not leaving."

"Come on Yue! Understand please! It's important otherwise you think I'd give priority to work instead of ckubbing." Jia explained. "I promise I won't make plans without your permission from now on."

"Now we are talking." Yue smirked. "You better don't forget your promise."

"Promise!"

They both picked up their bags and were about to leave when Yue noticed her phone was missing.

"Where is my phone?" She checked the pockets of her bag.

"Let me dial your number." But neither they could not hear the ringtone nor anyone picked up the call.

"When did you last time use it?"

"I was checking my e-mails at the bar and then you... I forgot it on the bar counter." Yue said and they both rushed towards the bar.

"Excuse me! I forgot my phone here. Have you seen it?" Yue asked.

Bartender took out a phone from a small drawer and showed that to her.

"Is this your phone?" He asked.

"Yes!" She sighed in relief. "Thank you so much."

And after checking their things again, they both left.

************************
"Finally, at home." Dylan murmured as he lay down on his bed. "I should text mom. I haven't talked to her since the time I landed."

He took out the phone from his pocket and was surprised on seeing a weird doll as the phone's wallpaper.

"What the fuck is this? Who changed my wallpaper?"

He observed the phone carefully and realized it wasn't his phone.

"Shit! Whose phone is this? And where is my phone?" He screamed.

"I should be more careful from now on. I'm always loosing things." Yue lied down on her bed.

*Ring Ring"

"Who is calling me at this hour?" She picked up her phone from the side table. "Unknown number? At 12: 45AM?'

" Hello?" She answered still lying.

"Why did you steal my phone?" Dylan yelled.

Yue who was sleepy suddenly woke up and sat on the bed.

"Steal? Are you mad or what? Why would I steal your phone?"

"Then why are you talking through my phone?"

"Your phone?" She looked at the phone and realized he was right. It wasn't her phone.

"I think the bartender gave me your phone by mistake! Were you at club tonight?" Yue asked.

Oh! She must be at the bar too and I'd have picked up her phone by mistake from the counter.

"Whatever! Your phone is with me. Note down you the address, come and give me my phone back." He ordered.

"What? I'm not coming to meet a stranger right now. It's late. Let's meet tomorrow."

"No! I need my phone right now. If you can't come, I'll come to meet you." He offered.

"You are deaf or what? I said I'm not going to meet a stranger at this hour. So wait till morning."

"I can't wait for that long. And you are forgetting your phone is with me as well."

"Well, you can't do anything with it unless you are some cyber expert since it has a passcode."

"And what if I'm a cyber expert?"

"No! You are not. Otherwise you'd have called me through my phone, not from your landline." Yue mocked.

"Listen you-"

"I'm sleepy. Let's meet tomorrow at 8AM near IFC mall. Bye! " She disconnected the call before he could say anything.

"So arrogant!" Yue muttered.

"Such a annoying girl!" Dylan murmured.

****************************
"He was so pushy yesterday and now he's nowhere to be seen. It's already 8: 10." Yue was waiting for him in her car near the decided place.

"Where are you? I've been waiting for you for the last 10 minutes!" Yue called him.

"Stop wailing, okay? What about you who made me wait for the whole night? I just reached."

She looked around and saw a black car stopping a few steps ahead of her.

"Are you in a black car?"

"Yes!"

"Fine. Get out of the car. I'm coming." She stepped out and went towards his car.

She stood near his car and waited for him to come out. But he didn't. She then knocked at the window. He opened the window glass and looked at her still sitting on the driver's seat.

"I told you-" Yue was interrupted in mid when he snatched his phone from her hand and placed her phone in her hand and drove away.

It all happened so fast that she couldn't say or do anything.

"This jerk! The most arrogant person I've seen till date. I hope I never see him again." She stomped her foot in anger.

**********************

It had been three days since their first encounter and Yue had almost forgotten about it and had immersed herself into her work as usual.

"Come to my cabin. I've something to discuss with you." Chairman called her in his office.

"Sure Sir." She answered and immediately went to his cabin.

"May I come in, Sir?"

"Yes!"

Yue entered inside and stood in front of him. She had no idea why he had called her.

"Shen Yue about that project manager position... " He started.

Wow! So he is officially announcing my name? But there is still time! Maybe there is some change.

Yue smiled.

"Actually, we have a new contender for that position."

"New contender? What-"

"May I come in?" A guy knocked at the door.

"Yes. Come Dylan!"

Yue turned and saw Dylan standing in front of her. Both of them were shocked to see each other. Neither one of them was expecting to see each other after that morning.

"YOU!!" They both screamed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 60.7K 39
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
985K 22.3K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
56.6K 2.4K 21
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 🏆
153K 878 27
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...