An Orphan's Legacy.

By tiredgamer

This is the story of an orphan, who lost her parents, and was left at an orphanage. She recently found old le... More

Prologue.
Chapter 1: The Letters.
Chapter 2: The Qui Saeva.
Chapter 3: Magic Time.
Chapter 4: Adventure Start!
Chapter 5: Thugs Strike.
Chapter 6: Boss Battle Number 1!
Chapter 7: Karma is here!
Chapter 8: The Bar.
Chapter 10: Bandits and a Hero's End?
Chapter 11: Revival.
Chapter 12: Crafting with Robin.
Chapter 13: Crafting With Robin Part 2.
Chapter 14: The Dungeon.
Chapter 15: New Environment.
Chapter 16: Meeting a New Face.

Chapter 9: Bounty Hunting and Goblins.

8 1 0
By tiredgamer

"So, is this the barracks?" Mikhail asks while looking at a large hut.

"Apparently so. Let's just go in and put these guys in jail." I say while walking in.

As we walk in, a guard in chain and cloth armor stops us. "You. Halt. What business do you have here?" The man says.

"I want to put some terrorists in jail and get some information." I say.

"Down the stairs to my left. The Captain will take a look at them and decide if they can be taken in." He says back.

"Thank you, sir." I say as I walk down the stairs. Brea and Mikhail wait at the entrance.

"Is the Guard Captain here?" I ask as I look around. There are 15 cells, some benches, and a desk at the end of the hall.

"That's me. Captain Anders. What's your name?" The man sitting at the desk says. He has a big scar across his eye, it looks like a sword slash. He scratches his beard as I walk to him.

"My name is Karma. I had found these two people that are affiliated with the Qui Saeva." I say while setting them down in front of him.

"Good find, what were their jobs?" Captain Anders asks.

"The male goes by an alias known as the Watcher. The female seems to be a bodyguard to him." I say.

"Well, I'll be damned! These guys were the cause of this scar!" He roared while pointing to the slash.

"Nice work! Here, have 5 gold coins. Now, do you have anything to ask me about?" He says happily as he hands me 5 coins.

"Yeah, do you know an easy place to Level Up? Like a nest of goblins, or a group of bandits to slay?" I question.

"Yes, look at the bounty board by the stairs, they have many weak goblins and monsters to slay. Bring back the head of a Boss Monster from there and I'll pay you. Good hunting!" He says, pointing to the board.

I walk up to it. There are 3 posters up there. Read?

Yes. I think to myself.
____________________________________

Bounty #1: Goblin Hive.

There has been a number of goblin infestations throughout the nation, but recently there has been more hives outside of Cliffreach. Go to one of the hives and clear all of them out. Bring the head of a Goblin Warlord as proof. Go to this location.

____________________________________

Bounty #2: Bandit Hideout.

The Redrock bandits have created a hideout where they plot crimes and kidnap citizens. Bring the leader back dead or alive for a reward. Optional: If there is kidnapped children or abducted adults, take them to the church. Go to this location.

____________________________________

Bounty#3: Draugr hunting. The bodies of our ancestors have come back to life. Their goal is to take back their world. Go into their tomb and send them back into the afterlife. Bring the helm of a Draugr Champion for a reward. Go to this location.

____________________________________

I take the three posters. "Thank you, Captain Anders." I shout as I walk back to Brea and Mikhail.

"Hey guys, we got some bounties to complete. Do you guys know where this is?" I ask as I show them the Goblin Hive bounty.

"Yeah, I had been to that cave when I was a child. I'll lead the way."Mikhail says as we follow him to the cave.

              30 Minutes Later.

"Here it is. The Goblin Hive." Mikhail says while pointing at the human skeletons. "I've got a spell to light the way." He says as he holds out his hand. "Enlightening Aura!" He shouts.

An aura of light shines around himself, me and Brea. "Be cautious, these bastards are sneaky." We walk into the cave, a smell of rotting flesh, blood, and feces fill my nose. "Holy shit, this smells horrible."

A short human-like creature jumps out from a corner. His skin is greenish and he wields a spear. "Hu manss!" The goblin shouts into the air before charging at Mikhail.

He dodges the spear and grabs it by the face. "Disgusting." He crushes it with just one hand. He puts a helmet on. "Blood shall be shed, you worthless bastards!" He shouts as he swings his warhammer at a trio of goblins.

I jump over to one and punch it in the face. It flies into a wall. I grab its spear. "Hey, you little shits! Come and get me!" I shout while casting a fireball in my left hand.

10 goblins come running to me. "Perfect. Fireball!" I shout as I throw the fireball to them. 3 of them burst into flames.

"Can I create minions with earth magic?!" I shout as I shove the spear into a goblin’s heart.

"Yeah, you can! You just got to focus mana into it, make it human-sized, and tell it to do something." Brea shouts as she blocks a sword with her shield. She hits the goblin in the leg with her mace and smashes its face with her shield.

In my other hand, I raise the earth into a golem and focus mana into it. "Golem! Fight these goblins with me!" I shout. The golem comes to life and grabs a goblin by the throat. "Understood." They rip it's head off. New Skill Learned! - Golem Creation - you create a golem to fight for you until they get killed. Skill Level: 1.

I jump up in the air and ready Boost. "5% Slam!" I shout as I slam both of my fists into the ground, launching the goblins into the cave walls. I jump onto one and crush its skull under my boot.

"Lightning Bolt!" I shout as a goblin jumps to me. The bolt hits the goblin midair, turning it into a skeleton. My golem grabs two of them and slams them together until they die. The last goblin is trying to run deeper into the cave. I grab it by the throat. It tries to stab at me with its spear, I grab his arm and snap it in half. "Bad goblin. Tell me where your leader is." I say while looking into its eyes. In his eyes, there's fear.

"Dey r in back. Sp air me." The goblin says weakly. I smile. "Thank you. I will spare you, but I'm not sure if the golem will." I throw him into the golem’s arms. Golem rips his arm off and beat him down with it. I deactivate Boost.

Level Up! Level 3 Reached! All stats increased by 10. Fire Magic Leveled Up! Fire Magic can have more uses. You can cover your body with your fire without it hurting you.

"Nice! Brea, Mikhail! Let's move to the back of this cave! The Leader is back there!" I shout as I look at them. Mikhail's armor is covered in blood and his warhammer has meat chunks stuck on it. Brea's shield has more scratches and blood while her mace is covered in it.

"Got it." Mikhail says as we start to walk to the leader. We stop to look at a chained up human. It's been beaten to a bloody pulp, I can't tell if it was a man or a woman. "These things do this type of stuff. They torture humans until they are dead after they die, they eat their bodies. That would explain the human skeletons and blood." Mikhail says angrily.

"Hey, let's push on. We still have to kill the leader." I say as we walk into a hall. There are pillars supporting the roof, a throne of bones and swords in the middle of the hall and some chests at the end. A buff and tall goblin sits in the throne. "So, you are the humans that killed my brethren. You! Little girl! Call off your golem and face me. Fist to fist." The goblin says while pointing his finger at me.

"Okay, sure. Are you a Goblin Warlord?" I ask while stepping up to about 5 feet away from him. He snaps his fingers, the rest of the goblins come out of the shadows. "Yes. Troops, attack!" He shouts as he charges at me. I step back a couple of feet, dodge a punch and hit him in the side. "Golem! Protect Mikhail and Brea from the attacking goblins! Don't worry about me!" I shout while blocking a combo thrown by the Warlord.

"Yes, Ma'am." The golem gets to work attacking goblins, tearing off limbs, breaking bones, and throwing bodies.

"Hey, fucker! Duck!" I shout as I feint a right hook. I kick him in the jaw, right as he ducks. He goes flying in the air. I jump up to him. "Flying Uppercut!" I hit him with an uppercut and he goes flying into the air.

"It's, it's not over yet. Dark Blast!" He holds his hand out and a ball of darkness forms, ready to kill me. He fires it as he falls to the floor.

"Shit!" If I can create weapons out of mana, then I can create a shield of mana. The ball is 2 feet from me. “Mana Shield!” I scream at the top of my lungs. New Skill Learned- Mana Shield - You focus a shield of Mana around you to block weak magical attacks. Uses 5 Mana per second.

"That's cheating! Fuck it! Let the flames engulf my body! Fire Cloak!" I shout.

My entire body is covered in fire. "Come here, friend!" I shout while charging towards him.

I grab him by the leg. My flames burn his skin. "Burn! In! Hell! Hellfire Throw!" I shout while spinning him. I release his leg and he goes flying through a pillar and into the wall behind the chests, killing him.

"Hey! Goblins! Let's have some fun!" I shout as I jump into a group of them. They all burst into flames. I grab a goblin and slam him into the floor. "Golem! How many are left?!" I ask it. "There are none left. Please deactivate your fire cloak." It says while dropping a goblin corpse.

I deactivate my flames. "Thank you. Guys, you all okay?" I ask, gazing at all the blood and corpses.

"Okay?! I've never felt better!" Mikhail shouts while laughing heartily. "I'm good. We're all gonna need to get clean after this." Brea says while she tries to wipe some blood off her shield.

"Let me cut this guy's head off and let's loot these chests." I say while running to the chests. I open a chest. Mikhail and Brea come up from behind. There is a couple of books, a sword, and sheath, some silver, and an odd statue of a woman. I take and equip the sword and sheath, the sword has an enchantment on it. I put the rest of the stuff in my inventory. I walk up to the Goblin Warlord's corpse and cut its head off with my sword. I put that in my inventory.

"You guys looted your chests?" I ask while preparing a fireball. "We got it all." Brea says.

I smile deviously. "Good, we are going to set this whole place ablaze." We all sprint outside except for me. "Incinerate this hive! Explosion!" I shout while casting a spell in the middle of the cave. I sprint out.

"Get back and get down!" I shout while diving behind a fallen tree. They get behind the tree with me.

15 seconds pass. A deep rumbling can be felt under the earth. It sounds like a huge fireball had gone off. Some rocks go flying through the sky and land out in the plains. "Let's go get back to Cliffreach and collect this bounty!" I shout as I lead them back to Cliffreach.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320 17 15
A fourteen year old girl becomes all alone when her parents abandon her and she goes on her own personal mission to find them. She believes that they...
662 22 12
13 year old Savannah's life is changed forever when she finds out she and her parents aren't really human. Her Father was sent to Earth years ago to...
4K 200 10
A missing mother, an abusive father, two personalities within her, and a man to change it all.
4 0 17
Honestee has been through a lot! Losing the man she loves and going through life feeling lost. She keeps her promises to her love who is now in hea...