Redeeming Love

Door Arshi2001

Explore the captivating narrative of "Redeeming Love" as Arnav and Khushi, bound by an enduring love, navigat... Meer

Characters
Synopsis
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19

Part 20

8.2K 590 73
Door Arshi2001

Santorini 
Greece

Arnav gazed intently through the expansive glass wall, fully alert despite the early night. The vibrant lights from the pools below reflected an array of mesmerizing colors on his face, casting shadows that danced with the rhythms of the bustling city beyond.

Turning his attention to the peaceful figure beside him, his wife, a subtle smile played on his lips. She lay sound asleep on his chest, adorned only by their symbolic nuptial chain. Beneath the comforting sheets, wearied from the day's events and their inaugural night together, they found solace.

A sense of contentment enveloped him, a rarity in recent years. However, his mind remained active, unable to unravel the mysterious restlessness that lingered within him. He couldn't decipher why.

Gently, he eased Khushi back onto her own pillow and tenderly covered her with the duvet before quietly sliding out of the bed. They found themselves in the enchanting embrace of Santorini, Greece, a thoughtful surprise planned by Karthik who, immediately after the wedding, had whisked them away to their honeymoon, ensuring they didn't immediately dive back into their work routines.

Stepping out of the bedroom, Arnav enjoyed the cold weather. The moonlight delicately caressed the poolside, casting a gentle glow on the water below. As he stepped into the open, the city lights in the distance created a mesmerizing play of shadows on the cliffs and caldera.

A subtle breeze carried the scent of the sea, and the rhythmic sound of distant waves lulled him into the tranquility of the beautiful night. The starlit sky reflected in the pool, and for a moment, Arnav was entranced by the flawless beauty surrounding him in.

Inhaling the crisp night air, an unexpected restlessness enveloped Arnav. Pushing aside his thoughts, he dialed Aman, who promptly answered.

"The groom calling me on his first night? Missing me much?" Aman's elated voice echoed through the phone. Arnav remained silent, prompting concern from Aman.

"Is everything alright, ASR?" Aman inquired.

"Yes, everything is okay."

"How's Santorini treating you?"

"It's beautiful. Karthik couldn't have picked a better place," Arnav replied, settling on the sofa beside the pool.

"Then why are you talking to me here instead of being with your newly wedded wife?" Aman teased.

Arnav rolled his eyes. "She's fast asleep."

"Already exhausted her, I see," came Aman's perfectly smooth tease.

"Shut up, Aman."

"Why did you call?"

"Did Akash call you?" Arnav asked, curious. "I've seen a few missed calls. Is everything alright there?"

Aman sighed. "Yes, ASR, it is. For once, can you focus on yourself and Khushi? I'll handle them."

Arnav responded grimly, "I am focusing on my life with Khushi. I asked you to tell Akash to permanently take charge of the Indian branch. What was his response?" Arnav inquired eagerly.

"He straight out denied," Aman replied. "Bhai built ARD; it's not mine, it's his. I have no right to take care of it. Nor can I take care of it. He deserves to be in his seat. Tell him to manage, just like he's always done. And please tell him to answer my phone calls. I won't take his orders when he can't even ask me straight up what's up with him. As much as he thinks I don't care, I'm really worried here for him," Aman narrated.

Arnav sighed, gazing at the stars. "I'll talk to him when I'm back to London. Take care of yourself." He closed his eyes, ending the call.

Arnav's contemplation was interrupted by Khushi, who leaned against the entrance to their room. "Is everything alright?" Her concern evident as she observed him sitting alone in the tranquil night.

Smiling, Arnav admired her angelic presence under the soft poolside lights, clad in a white nightgown that added to her ethereal charm. "I am," he assured her, inviting her to join him. "Why are you so far away?"

Khushi playfully rolled her eyes and stepped outside, barefoot, settling on his lap, much to his delight. "I'm near, even when I'm far." She tenderly kissed his lips, then his eyes, nose, and jaw. "What's wrong?" Her inquiry hung in the air, wrapped in the warmth of the night.

"Nothing much, just saw a few missed calls from Akash. Called Aman to ensure everything was alright," Arnav shared, looking away in contemplation.

"Is it?" Khushi inquired, studying his expressions with a hint of confusion.

After a deep breath, he met her gaze. "I asked Akash, through Aman, to manage ARD in India permanently since I won't be doing it anymore." Her surprise was evident, and he nonchalantly shrugged.

"Why would you do that?" Khushi asked, perplexed.

"Because I have a lot on my plate right now. Managing ARD in London is no easy feat," he replied, averting his eyes.

"That's not the truth," she reasoned, gazing at his troubled face.

"What do you mean?" Arnav looked taken aback.

"The truth is, you're not ready to take back control over ARD in India because you simply don't want to. And that's because you don't ever want to go back to India. Don't say you're incapable of handling ARD head offices between two countries because you are well capable, you were doing it till date," she stated sincerely. "So my question is, why entrust your hard work, your company – the one you built with so much effort and passion – to someone who's clearly not ready for it? Someone who almost let it slip to your jerk of a brother-in-law?"

"I don't want to go back," Arnav stated unequivocally. "Can we not do this, please? I'm not in the mood to discuss my ARD issues at the moment."

Khushi sighed, looking away. "Fine."

"Why did you wake up?" Arnav brushed her hair through his fingers.

She simply shrugged. "You were not there in bed with me. I lost the warmth of my husband."

Arnav smiled. "Is that so?" He pulled her closer, earning a smile. "You missed my warmth, or you missed what we were doing earlier?" He nuzzled her neck.

"Does that make it any different?" Khushi caressed his face lovingly. "You're my drug. You should know it by now." She leaned forward, and his lips met hers in yet another initiation of their nightly activities.

~~~~~~

Morning

Khushi and Arnav took their seats where their freshly made breakfast was served.

Khushi "I'm so famished." She smiled as he checked his phone the third time in a row.

Arnav "mmhmm."

Khushi shook her head, calling out, "Arnav." Her eyes quickly swept over him, stopping him in his tracks. Wearing a crisp white shirt with khaki pants, and his hair styled neatly, he was undeniably attractive. But it was those deep brown eyes of his that always told her more than words could, hinting that something wasn't quite right.

Arnav responded with a smile, "Yes, Khushi?" as he met her searching gaze. Her beautiful hazel eyes locked onto his chocolate brown ones. Clad in a baby blue shirt and white trousers, she radiated beauty in the sunlight. He realized he couldn't keep anything from her, yet he desperately wanted to steer clear of discussing his looming concerns, especially now, while they were on their honeymoon.

"Talk to me," she insisted, serving him.

"I am talking to you, Khushi. Come on, tell me, how much are you enjoying the city?" He gently stroked her cheek, hoping she'd be distracted by his affectionate gesture.

"Oh, I am, especially since my husband's troubled expression is quite the scenic view. I'm absolutely having the time of my life," she replied, her words laced with sarcasm as she playfully rolled her eyes at him.

"Khushi." He sighed shaking his head.

"Arnav, I know we're on our honeymoon, but there's more to life than just enjoying this getaway. I can tell something's bothering you. What is it? Talk to me. We're not just any regular couple on their first marriage, having a blast at a typical honeymoon spot," she said, shaking her head, urging him to open up.

"I just—" he paused, looking away. "Akash voice texted me last night. The ARD head office nearly caught fire. Thankfully, no one was hurt, but the ground floor has suffered severe damage." His gaze drifted off as he shared the troubling news.

"Oh my god, is Jeeju okay?" She quickly set the juice glass down on the table, alarmed by his words.

"Akash is fine. It's actually thanks to him that my office and the file room didn't burn down. He had forgotten an important pen drive in his office and realized it on his way home. When he turned back to get it, that's how he discovered the fire."

"And?" She probed his face, sensing there was more he hadn't said yet.

"The board has been protesting against Akash, who I had appointed as the temporary managing director when I left for London. They suspect he had something to do with the fire," he explained, the weight of the situation evident in his tone.

"But that can't be right. He's your brother—"

"I know," he interjected, his gaze shifting to the light blue sea. "Akash might be gullible, clueless, distant, and even nonchalant at times, but he could never be against me."

"Now what?" she asked, signaling the gravity of their dilemma.

"They want me to come back. They're looking to either remove Akash or appoint someone else temporarily until I'm ready to return," he shared, locking eyes with her, gauging her reaction.

Khushi took a moment, deeply reflecting on the situation.

"I'm not planning to go back, Khushi, if that's what's worrying you," he reassured her.

"No, that's not it," she replied, her thoughts clearly articulated as she met his puzzled look. "From my perspective, there are two possibilities. Either all of this was planned by Jeeju to push you back into your rightful position—"

"But why would he jeopardize his own career and standing? It doesn't make sense," he interjected, dismissing the idea with a shake of his head.

"Or," she continued, "it involves someone else. If you're not stepping back in, and with Akash Singh Raizada at the helm—if he fails, the only person left with a claim would be Di, given her significant share. But since she's not in a position to lead, she'd be represented by someone else. Someone eager for control," she analyzed, her gaze fixed on him as his expression shifted.

"Shyam," he whispered, anger flashing in his eyes.

"It's Shyam," she confirmed decisively. "I don't believe your brother would risk everything—our company, his role, and our family—just to force your return. It is your brother in law Shyam, and there's a lot you need to know about him." She casually took another sip of her juice, giving him a moment to absorb her perspective before they could have the talk.

~~~~~~

India
Raizada Mansion

Akash stood in Arnav's bedroom, his hand in his pocket, gazing out at the dimly lit poolside. He sighed, reflecting on the tumultuous events of the past few days. The fire at the office, the board's critique of his capability to manage ARD, the piercing questions about family dynamics, and the disappointment in his father's voice discussing the incident. Judgments seemed all too easy from the perspective of the US branch of ARD. He had pushed back when his father scolded him for his alleged carelessness.

2 years ago since the wedding night, it felt as though everything had spiraled out of control. Khushi's departure, Arnav's accident, the ensuing chaos at ARD, and the fraying ties within his family painted a grim picture. His relationship with Payal was deteriorating, exacerbated by his mother's return to her domineering ways, turning Payal's life into a nightmare. Nani's health was declining, and her ensuing silence granted his mother the leeway to assume control over the household as she pleased—a disaster in the making, he feared.

Topping it all off was the one person around whom Akash struggled to contain his anger: his brother-in-law, Shyam Manohar Jha. If it hadn't been for his sister's deteriorating mental state, he would have ousted Shyam from the mansion long ago. Arnav's aloofness since Khushi's departure only deepened his sense of despair. Shyam was cunning, a fact Akash was well aware of, but the full extent of his malevolence became apparent only after Arnav fell into a coma following his accident.

Shyam had skillfully manipulated the situation, ensuring his presence at the board meetings. When Anjali refused to attend, Shyam represented her, securing a seat for himself within the ARD business, a move he thought would cement his place in the company.

Akash, though often perceived as sensitive and submissive, was far from foolish. He was keenly aware of the ambitions lurking in Shyam's mind and the power he sought to wield. Akash was determined to keep Shyam out of business discussions as much as possible. Keeping a vigilant eye on him day and night was no easy task, but for his sister's happiness, he had allowed Shyam a seat at the table, albeit without any real authority.

However, since Arnav's departure to London, Shyam had grown bolder, employing his cunning in board meetings and managing to sway some of the members to his side, leaving Akash truly alarmed.

The final blow was the planned accident last night, masterminded by Shyam. It was a calculated move aimed at proving Akash's incapability to safeguard his brother's legacy. Had Akash not arrived in time, the ARD head office might have been reduced to ashes. Despite the plan not fully succeeding, it led to Akash being stripped of his position as the temporary Managing Director—a position his brother had entrusted him with and one that Shyam had covetously eyed. He sighed deeply at the thought.

Akash was in the dark about Arnav's situation and, if possible, he would have followed him to London. However, leaving his family in the clutches of such a malevolent figure was out of the question. The responsibility weighed heavily on him, knowing the stakes were not just about business but the well-being and unity of his family.

"Akash?" The sound of his wife's voice snapped him out of his deep thoughts. He turned to see Payal, her expression laden with concern, holding a tray of food.

In that moment, Akash was struck by the realization of how unjustly he had been treating her. The way his family had been cruel to her weighed heavily on his conscience. She had been the only constant support by his side, enduring his neglect, his mother's harsh words, his grandmother's demands, and his sister's emotional upheavals. She was truly alone in this—no one from her own family was there for her. Since their wedding night, Payal's family had become strangers; they had moved to Lucknow and had not returned to Delhi in the last two years. Nor had Payal ever suggested visiting them. How could she, when his family's demands had left her with no room to even consider her own needs?

She had lost her sister, who had disappeared without a trace, and now her parents seemed to have vanished from her life as well. The realization of Payal's isolation and the sacrifices she had made was a bitter pill for Akash to swallow, highlighting the depth of her silent suffering amidst the turmoil engulfing his family.

She moved quietly towards him, placing the tray on the glass table beside the recliner. "The food's getting cold," she said with a hint of worry. He continued to stare blankly. She sighed, stepping closer to embrace his shoulders gently. "Everything will be okay, Akash," she whispered, offering a faint smile.

"It won't," he choked out, tears welling in his eyes. "Since Khushi left, and now Bhai too, nothing feels right."

"We must keep hoping," she said, trying to be optimistic.

"I've been clinging to hope for the last two years, Payal," he sobbed. "I'm scared they'll ruin the company's reputation. What then? How will I face Bhai?" He turned his gaze away.

"You'll find a way," she assured him, cradling his face.

"No, Payal, I can't. I just can't. For 2 years, I've managed to keep things from falling apart, but I can't bring back the joy we once had. I can't make you smile again. I can't stop Di from relying on her terrible husband. I can't look after Nani's health. And Ma, she's beyond my control. No matter how many times I speak to her, she does whatever she wants. I've let everyone down—as a husband, a brother, a brother-in-law, a son-in-law, and as an MD." Clutching her closely, he let his despair flow freely, finding comfort only in her embrace.

Payal wrapped her arms around Akash, offering him the comfort and support he so desperately needed. In that moment, she was his anchor, the quiet strength he leaned on amidst the storm. She knew no words could magically mend the deep fissures in their lives, but she also knew the power of being there for someone, of offering a shoulder to lean on when the world seemed too heavy to bear alone.

"It's okay to feel overwhelmed, Akash," she whispered softly, her words a balm to his fractured spirit. "You're doing the best you can in an impossible situation. You haven't failed. These trials... they're not a measure of failure but of the burdens you've been strong enough to bear."

She may not have the power to fix everything that was broken in their family or in the company, but she could be her husband's steadfast support, his light in this dark time.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

585K 29.9K 67
Khushi Kumari Gupta is a small-town girl who is content with her life and happy finding the small joys life has to offer her. A chance encounter with...
328K 14.8K 37
Khushi Kumari Gupta's love for business compelled her to marry Arnav Singh Raizada...a mature and equally strong person. Although after marrying Khus...
23.5K 1.8K 16
Arnav learns about Khushi's engagement and he is shattered. He has questions but will Khushi answer them? Garima wonders if she was being fair with K...
73.6K 4.7K 28
Young lovers Khushi and Arnav are separated when Khushi leaves to pursue her career in a different city leaving Arnav disappointed by her betrayal. F...