Falling for a Lie ~ Niam

By imsorryimlate

AU. Niall chat with boys over the internet, pretending to be a girl. With a fake name, Niall keep in touch wi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9. (Part 1)
Chapter 9. (Part 2)
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15. (part 1)
Chapter 15. (part 2)
Epilogue

Chapter 3.

15.8K 634 241
By imsorryimlate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Falling for a Lie ~ Chapter 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niall’s phone beeped, signaling a new kik-message.

Liam Payne: “Nina, I got to tell you something”

Niall put his book down. He spent this weekend reading some “deep” books, in hope to prove Liam wrong. He was surprised that he actually enjoyed the heavy literature, he should have tried this out sooner. He responded to Liam’s kik:

“What? :o”

Liam Payne: “I’m thinking about breaking up with my girlfriend”

Niall’s heart raced. Could this have something to do with “Nina”?

“Why?!”

Liam Payne: “I don’t know, I’m just not in love with her, and our relationship have become a routine and come on, I’m flirting with you, obviously I’m tired of her… I sound like a jackass, I know :(“

Niall smiled at the message. He felt a bit evil, but come on, his crush was about to go single and it might be partly because of him!

“I understand. It doesn’t make you a jackass, however if you don’t break up with her when you feel this way - that would make you a jackass”

Liam Payne: “yeah, I know, but what if I’m making a mistake?”

“you two have been together for quite a while, yeah? Of course it will feel weird without her, but you can’t just sit around and let her believe everything is good”

Liam Payne: “you’re right… But I’ll wait a little. Thanks Nina, you’re a great friend! x”

Niall looked at the little x that was a sign for a kiss and his heart felt lighter. They had never written x’s before.

“you too x”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Louis, pick up, you lousy son of a…” Liam started to say to himself trough the phone, waiting for Louis to pick up.

“Hello?” Louis’ mom’s answered, but it was a little too late to stop the words coming from Liam’s mouth.

“…bitch!” Liam wanted to slap himself.

“What?!” Louis’ mom asked, offended. Liam gasped.

“No! No, I didn’t mean you! I, uh, just, uh, I hit my toe right when you picked up! I didn’t mean to, oh god, I’m so sorry…” he heard Louis’ mom chuckle.

“It’s okay. It’s Liam, right?”

“Yeah, Louis didn’t pick up his cellphone”

“Oh? Well, I’ll go get him. By the way, Liam, you forgot some of your clothes over here at your last sleep over, just so you know”

“Oh, okay. I’ll come and get them later then”

Louis’ mom talked a bit more with Liam before she finally gave the phone to Louis.

“What’s up mate?” Louis asked.

“I need to talk to you”

“Um, yeah? Otherwise you wouldn’t call” Louis said and Liam was almost sure that Louis was rolling his eyes.

Liam took a deep breath.

“I’m thinking about break-“

“Breaking up with Danielle? Yeah, I know”

Liam frowned.

“How did you know?”

“It’s obvious, man. You barely touch her, you never meet up outside if school anymore and all you do is staring down into your phone and texting with that Nina-girl”

“What?! Nina?!”

“What? You think I didn’t know about her? I’ve been reading over your shoulder”

“That is private!”

“But you would’ve told me about her eventually, right?”

Honestly, Liam wasn’t sure.

“Yeah, of course I would”

“Liar” Louis accused in a calm and casual voice. “I know you better than anyone, I can hear when you lie. I can see right through you”

Liam sighed. No use in argue that fact. “I’m sorry” he mumbled.

“Yeah, yeah… So, Danielle? When are you going to do it?”

“I haven’t even decided yet!”

“Liam, listen to me. Deep down in that mind of yours, you know that you have decided. Really. You want out, so get out, for god’s sake! It’s. Not. Fair. To. Dani.”

“I know…” Liam sighed. “I know”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey mom?” Niall walked into the kitchen where his mom was preparing dinner.

“Yes, dear?” she asked and Niall scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

“Do you have any, you know, “deep” books?”

Niall had read two different “deep” books this weekend, but now he needed one to present to Liam.

“Hm… I have one, but I’m not sure if you are mature enough for it”

Niall sighed. Why did people, even his own mother, think so little of him?

“Mom, I’ve just read “The Kite Runner”, and I think I can handle about anything after that, because it was a really… cruel story”

His mother stared at him.
“Okay, let me get it for you. Watch the pasta” she said before leaving the kitchen for a few minutes.

She came back with a pocket book in her hands, handing it to Niall.

“Veronika Decides to Die”
Niall reads the summary and looks up at his mother with a faint smile.
“It seems sad, but it’s perfect. May I borrow it?”

“Of course, dear”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday and first period is English. Liam sighed, why did he have to be with Niall on this project?

He sat down at his usual table in the classroom and like always, Danielle and Louis sat down on each side of him. Louis gave Liam a knowing look and Liam understood that he meant their conversation about breaking up with Danielle. He just shrugged as an answer.

“Okay everyone, it’s time to start the project! You get this lesson to start it up, but then you have to do it on your free time. Understood? Good. Now sit down in your groups”

Louis and Danielle decided to go to the library to look for a book together, so Liam sat alone and waited for Niall to come to him. He stared down at the table, but was interrupted as a loud “thump” signaled that someone had joined him. He looked up and was met by Niall’s blue eyes. Niall put his bag at his feet and his iPhone at the table.

“Hello Liam” Niall said, and Liam nodded. Okay, time to bring up the book issue, Liam thought.

“Look-” he started, but was cut off by Niall.

“No, YOU look. I don’t know what kind of books you read, but I want some deeper literature. So, I’m sorry to disappoint you, Payne, but we won’t be reading “Twilight”. I have already picked out a book for us”

Liam was unable to speak. He opened his mouth, but no words came out, so he closed it again. It looked like he was trying to imitate a fish.

Niall raised an eyebrow at his reaction.

Niall looked really cute- no, not cute!- he looked annoying when he did that.

Liam faked a cough to get out of his shock.
“What book did you pick?” he asked with a dry voice and Niall smirked.

“Glad you asked” he said and reached down into his bag, grabbed a book and slammed it hard into the table, making Liam jump with surprise and everyone else’s eyes point in their direction. Niall’s phone beeped with a new message and Liam couldn’t help but glance at it.

Harry: “Are you trying to scare everyone to death, or just Liam?”

Niall snatched his phone away from Liam’s curious eyes.

“No peeking at other’s texts, Mr Payne, haven’t you got any manners?” his tone was teasing and it made Liam blush.

“Sorry” Liam muttered.

Niall pushed the book on the table a little bit closer to Liam so he could look at it, then he turned to his phone.

“Veronika Decide to Die” Liam read out loud.

Without even looking, Niall reached out his hand and flipped the book over so Liam could read the summary. He started to read out loud: 
“Veronika is young and beautiful, have friends and admirers, a job and a family that loves her, yet she is not happy. There is something missing in her life. In the morning of November 11, 1997, she therefore decides to die. She takes an overdose of sleeping pills, only to wake up at nearest hospital. She’s told that her heart is damaged and that she only have a few days left to live” Liam paused. “Wow, that seems deep alright”

He looked over at Niall, who looked at him with dreamy eyes.

“I like it how you read it out loud. You got a nice voice” he said and Liam blushed.

“Uh… Thank you?” Now it was Niall’s turn to blush.
There was an awkward silence.

“There is a film based on the book too, we could watch it after we have read the book” Niall suggested.

“Yeah, sure, why not?” Liam agreed.

“That girl from Buffy the Vampire Slayer plays Veronika”

“You mean Sarah Michelle Gellar?” Liam adored Sarah Michelle Gellar!

“Uh… I guess so, I’m not too conversant about actors” Niall said and smiled. Liam smiled back. Maybe, just maybe, Niall wasn’t as bad as he first had expected…

The thought barely had time to form until Harry and Zayn interrupted their chat and dragged Niall off to make next childish and silly prank.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niall went home and thought the day over. The English lesson and conversation with Liam had went good, except for the little awkward moment where he had complimented Liam’s voice.

He logged onto facebook and visited Liam’s profile.
It was almost a routine now.
Facebook-stalking wasn’t creepy, right?

Something caught his eye.
“Liam have changed his relationship status to single”

A wide smile spread across his face.

He was going to snatch this boy!
Or, at least Nina was…

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 382 29
The boys of One Direction are on tour. They meet various beautiful fans and see new wonderful cities. But, its not all fun and games. Zayn meets an o...
66.5K 1.9K 15
One Direction. The biggest boy band on planet Earth at this point in time. They have everything, you would think, yes? Well, Louis Tomlinson and Nial...
79.3K 2.4K 26
My name is Niall Horan and I like the most popular boy in school, and so does my best friend, Harry. You see, Harry and I are the outcasts of the sch...
73.3K 2.5K 74
" Why do you think he's looking at us? Do you think he likes me back?" " Don't get your hopes up man." ~*~*~ " Why the hell is the preppy boy staring...