Let's Make A Deal, My King

By YuuMA08

"You...? Cassius...?" I asked the ten-year-old kid who looked exactly like Cassius and he was crying. "Amelia... More

1: Betrayed
2: It's Time To Run Again
3: Caught
4: The King's Aethyraz
5: A Chance
6: Dinner With The Predators
7: A Dream Or A Nightmare?
8: Poisoned Letter
9: Black Magic
10: The Mark And A Date
11: A Great Training Experience
12: Caduta Del Fenice
13: Heads Or Tails
14: His Secret
15: Nothing Beats Procrastination On A Nice Weather.
16: L'angelo Fenice
17: When Something Annoying Comes Up, Another One Appears
18: Possession
20: Favorite Handsome Brother Meets Most Handsome Mate
Very Important Note
21: The Continuation Of The Book
22: An Attack
23: Rise From The Flames Of Thy Enemy
24: Revealing Secrets
25: Vision
26: A Half-blood's Side-Effects
27: Lazuline's Heir
28: Estra
29: Cupcakes And A Secret
30: Whereabouts and Weakness
31: Uninvited Guest
32: An Anticlimactic Experience
33: Every Second Counts
34: Meeting The First And The Second
35: The Deal
36: Little Carlyle
37: Another Date?
38: Date On Faerie Territory
39: Into The Faerie Kingdom

19: Instincts Taking Over

1.3K 64 0
By YuuMA08

Amelia

Zeyd is freaking furious by now. Such an ill-tempered person. Well, actually it's the witch who's ill-tempered, not Zeyd. From what I've heard from the rumors about Cassius, Zeyd, and Hansel, is that Zeyd is the calmest of the three.

"Too bad I brought the wrong book. Do you think I'd be stupid enough to bring the book when a mole is wandering shamelessly here?" I said to him and smirked.

Zeyd growled and threw the book. He ran and lunged at me and was trying to bite my neck but he suddenly stopped and moved away from me a bit. I didn't miss this chance so I pushed him against a tree with all my strength. But that is not enough to knock him out. With the use of his hand, he

All of a sudden, when I'm put at a disadvantage, I can feel something different, something powerful taking control of my body. It's urging me to kill, to bathe in my enemy's blood. My vision became blurry and I can't control my body as I started to fight Zeyd. I was in a losing battle at first, but now we're even.

"W-what the hell is happening? How did you become so strong? A mere half-breed dares to-" He yelled but I cut him off as I shove my hand on his mouth to shut him off and slammed him on the ground. He was trying to get up when I quickly stomped my foot on his neck and grab both his arms. With immense force, I tried to detach both his arms.

'Stop it Aurora. Control yourself.'

I suddenly stopped when a different voice spoke in my head. This gives Zeyd the opportunity to strike back. He bit my shoulder and I screamed at the pain. He threw me against the tree and I hit my head. Black spots began to cloud my vision. I tried to stand up but failed miserably. He begins to charge at me and I just pathetically wait for my death.

I closed my eyes as I wait for the pain but nothing came. I opened my eyes and saw that Zeyd was on the floor and Cassius' back was in front of me. I thought I was dead and that Zeyd gave me a quick death but since I can feel the pain in my body, I'm pretty much alive.

"C-Cassius-" I crawled but I can't move too long since the pain is unbearable.

"Mia! Don't move, you're losing too much blood." Hans said and went to my aid. A few soldiers also came and I smiled at their amazing timing but it was not the time to be glad.

"Hans, don't l-let Cassius kill Z-Zeyd." I said and tried to stand up. He helped me to stand up even though it was painful, I still did it. I looked at Hans and he has a horrid expression.

"This is bad, he's going to shift. He'll kill Zeyd at this rate. We've got to stop him." He said frightfully and kept his gaze on Cassius. To think that Hans is afraid of something.

I looked at what he was looking and I saw Cassius starting to shift slowly. His fangs were out and his nails became sharp like claws. The green eyes that I loved so much turned black. I've never been afraid but when I saw him like this, it made me freeze in my place. He gripped Zeyd's neck in one hand and pinned him to the ground.

'He's killing him, Mia.' Rain said making me snap out of my frozen state.

Cassius is killing him but no one is stopping him. I bit my lip and ignored the excruciating pain as I stood up and walked toward him.

"Mia wait! You're going to get yourself killed. Cassius isn't himself right now." Hans called out to me and grabbed my wrist to stop me.

"If no one is going to stop him, then who will?" I said and smiled sadly. He let go of and I continued to walk toward him. "Cassius stop!" I called out to him but he was not listening. It's like his body is here but his mind is elsewhere.

Zeyd is slowly beginning to lose consciousness so without a second thought, I stepped between them and held Cassius' face in my hand, and made him look at me.

"Cassius, stop." As I said those words, his eyes were back to green while his fangs and nails reverted back. As soon as he was back to normal he hugged me and I hug him back.

"God Amelia! I will never let you go and do something dangerous on your own ever again." he said and I smiled on his shoulders. I broke free from the hug and saw Zeyd back in his human form again while the guards put handcuffs on him. I would've laughed at this scene right here if it weren't for the serious situation going on.

"Take him to the cells." Cassius said to the guards without looking at Zeyd. I was about to speak when my body suddenly felt weak and dropped to the ground. My vision became blurry as I saw Cassius and Hans in front of me.

"I guess the adrenaline rush had worn off." I said before darkness took over.

*******

"He won't answer any of my questions." a familiar voice said.

"Does Venus know about this? What he has done?" I heard Cassius speaking close to me.

"Unfortunately, Yes. She kept on pestering me about it and I ended up telling her. Now she locked herself up in her room while crying." the voice answered. I took a peek and saw that it was Hans. He saw me peeking and rushed to my side.

"Mia! Thank goodness you're awake." Hans said. I moved my body to lean on the headboard and Cassius assisted me.

"How long was I unconscious?" I asked them, my voice cracking, so I rubbed my throat.

"You were out for two days." Cassius said while handing me a glass of water. I drink the water like there was no tomorrow and felt a little better.

'I slowed down your healing to avoid suspicions. You lost consciousness because your instincts took over and stopped the healing when they appeared.' Rain said.

'Great choice, my friend.'

"I almost lost you. Again." Cassius said while looking at me and holding my hand. Pain and guilt can be seen in his eyes and it made me feel sad and guilty.

"I'm sorry, Cassius." I apologized and smiled sadly. He kissed my almost-healed hand and held it tight.

"Just don't do it ever again, okay?" he said and I nod in agreement.

"Sorry to interrupt the sweet moment but what are we going to do about Zeyd?" Hans interrupted. Cassius glared at him while my eyes widened in realization.

"Oh, my goddess! What happened to him? You didn't kill him right?" I asked Cassius and he shook his head.

"No, he's locked up in the cells for questioning." he said and gritted his teeth.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" I said and jumped off the bed. As soon as my feet touch the ground, they returned to the air. Cassius lifted me up and placed me again on the bed. "Hey! What gives?" I crossed my arms and pouted.

"You're not going anywhere near him." he said flatly.

"Why can't I?" I whined.

"Because it's too dangerous." he said angrily that making me shut my mouth.

"It's better if you don't go there, Mia. Zeyd almost killed you back there." Hans said.

"But you guys are restraining him, don't you? And besides, it's not him." I told them and they gave me a confused look. "Look, there was a reason why I went alone. I thought I can handle it on my own since it's not actually Zeyd but it's still his body so even if the one in control is not him, the body still remembers how to fight." Silence engulfed them for a few seconds. They are still confused. Maybe I didn't explain it clearly. I'm so bad at this.

"Zeyd was possessed by the witch, Felicita. Remember the first threat? There was a spell cast on it. It just so happened that Zeyd was the one who saw it first, so he was the one the witch possessed. But I must say, that witch is so annoying and shamelessly confident for someone who can't even control him properly." I explained to them.

"Hm? What do you mean the witch can't control him properly?" Hans asked.

"Well, if the witch has complete control of his body, I would be dead. I manage to stay alive and prolong the fight since Zeyd was probably trying to fight her for control. He did that by controlling his strength and redirecting the supposed to be fatal blows elsewhere." To think that someone who hasn't met a witch yet was able to fight for control. Even if someone is stronger, if that person hasn't met or engaged in a fight with a witch, they will surely be completely under that witch's spell. No matter how sloppy it was. I guess Zeyd's willpower is stronger compared to an average person.

"Is there any way to bring him back to normal?" Hans asked.

"Yes. My brother can help but we need to look at his condition first." I told them and they were silent again but this time their eyes became dull and they stared into nothing which means that they were mind-linking. After a few minutes of mind-linking, Cassius looked at me and sighed.

"Fine, you can go and see him but you need to stay by my side and don't touch him, understand?" he said and I nodded my head. There was a knock on the door and Marj entered with a tray of delicious foods. "And you need to eat first." as if on cue, my stomach grumbled inhumanely. I blushed and hoped that the ground would just swallow me whole.

This isn't the first time but it's still fucking embarrassing.

They waited outside as I changed into my clothes since wearing a hospital robe is not going to be comfortable when confronting someone in the cells. I went outside and the two of them were leaning against the wall while waiting for me. I looked outside the window and saw that it was still morning.

"Hey! Does any of you have a phone here?" I asked them.

"I have my iPad with me." Hans said and handed me his iPad. I mumbled thanks and we continued to walk out of the hospital and into the small house-like building which serves as an entrance to the dungeons.

We walked to the deepest part of the dungeon and I saw Zeyd being chained against the wall with shackles on every limb. He's also thinned quite a bit. He must have not eaten for days. I almost wanted to cry at the sight of him. Take note, that was sarcasm. I can't bring myself to feel pity after what he has done to me. Zeyd or not, that still freaking hurt. Even though I can heal myself twice as fast as them, I can still feel the pain. I ain't a robot, I can feel.

"Well if it isn't the princess. Are you here to give me the book?" Zeyd asked as soon as he saw me.

Oh my gosh, the disrespect. Seeing as I'm their Queen and I sure as hell know that Zeyd's consciousness can see this despite Felicita taking over his body, this would still make Zeyd feel angry. It's really quite visible seeing the contorted face of Zeyd but Felicita managed to return it back to that smug-looking face.

"No, Felicita. I'm here to bring back Zeyd." I said

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 345 30
almost a hundred years ago, the beasts in the shadows, known as werewolves, made themselves known, their attack was so unexpected, no one even knew t...
384K 13.4K 40
I panicked as Alpha Jake walked in and approached me. I've really done it this time. I'm so going to lose something for this! I thought as I started...
169K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
698K 23.6K 34
THIS BOOK IS COMPLETED but it will be HEAVILY EDITED and have things added to it in the future. I wrote this book when I was much younger. I didn't e...