Forbidden Fruit (Urban)

By ColeWoorld

[COMPLETE] Sai is new on campus. She and her best friend are ready for what university life will bring them... More

Forbidden Fruit
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
Sequel?
Sequel!

twenty-nine

2.3K 114 19
By ColeWoorld

Bree

I hugged Sai and sat on the couch with her. She rested her head in my lap. Neisha found some movies for us to watch and A tried to cook something up. Normally, Tia would cook for us. But Sai made it clear that she was done fucking with her.

"Whatchu' wanna do mamas?" Neisha asked her. If she wanted to stay in bed all day, I would understand. But it has been almost three weeks, when is she gonna stop being like this? I know she was madly in love with Elijah. But Sai isn't taking care of herself, and as a supportive friend I gotta at least try and make her get out. "Being cooped up all day ain't good. Do you have anywhere you want to go?"

"Nah. I'm good right here."

I sighed. Her attitude is killing all of us, but we put up with it cause we love her. She lost one of her best friends and her boyfriend already. I just think her and Eli ended it wrong. There was no type of communication. She just broke it off and never even let him explain. She don't see it like that though.

"Maybe you'll feel better if--"

"I'm not, so quit saying that shit. Letting him explain won't do nothing for me." Ada gave me that look. Sai sat up and faced me. "Why the hell do you keep saying that, anyways?"

She crossed her arms, waiting for my response. "I thought I asked you somethin'."

Neisha turned around after hearing Sai raise her voice. "Y'all needa' chill out, okay? What's going on?"

"Nah cause I'm tired of you acting like this is my fault," Sai addressed me again.

I was trying to clamp my tongue because I didn't want any problems. I didn't want to make Sai more mad, but she was pushing it now. "I never blamed anything on you. All I'm saying is, if you want to feel better, maybe you should speak to both him and Tia."

"So you on her side? Lemme ask you sumn', Bree. If I knew yo nigga was cheating and I let you stay with him, how would you feel?" She stood up. I'on know if she wanna put her hands on me, so I stood up too. She a little taller than me but I don't mind looking up.

"I would be mad, but I would listen. Especially if we got history and we cool like that. It's always a reason why folks do the shit they do. You sittin' here all bummed out when the shit coulda' been sorted out a while ago."

Ada watched from the kitchen, clearly not trying to get in the middle of it. Neisha tried to pull Sai back, but to no avail. "Now look at you. You pushed the guys away, now me? Just cause you not listening. Damn, you'n gotta agree wit' everything we say but you could at least listen."

"Can y'all chill?" Wasn't nobody listening to Neisha, but she tried anyways. She motioned for Ada to come and help her out. But A shook her head; she never got in the middle of anything.

"Man, fuck you. Didn't know you was like that," Sai shrugged.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Like nothing. Everybody sit down. Take a breather." Neisha stepped between us, but we both moved to the side to see each other.

"Nah let ha' speak. Yo' ass need to be grateful. We support you through everything and you never have to ask. But I can't just sit here and let you do this shit. Imma speak up when I need to, and that's now. Yo' shitty ass attitude is annoying. Breakup or not, there ain't no reason to be rude."

Everybody was quiet. Sai was nodding her head, "Okay, cool. Get the fuck out."

"You'n gotta tell me twice."

I put the blunt up to my lips and took a long drag. Elijah snatched it away from me. "What's yo problem?"

He put it out in the ashtray and looked at me. "You ignoring me and smoking my weed. If you gon' be on my shit at least speak to me. Wassup?"

I shrugged. I guess I was in some kind of mood. "See. What kind of response is that?"

I reached over him for the blunt, but he swatted my wrist away. "Yo, you being childish. Come onnn," I whined.

"Where you going today?"

"Wedding planning with Neisha and some others." He smacked.

"How you finna help someone plan they wedding and you high?" I rolled my eyes.

I know exactly why I'm irritated, but that don't mean he has to know. Anything involving Sai he gets so nonchalant. Like he trying too hard not to care. I know she's gonna be there today, since she's apart of the bridal train. I can't decide if Imma talk to her or just keep my distance.

Personally, I ain't one to cause problems with nobody, especially with someone I was so close with in the past. Sai was the closest friend I had made since moving to Atlanta. The fact that I let her relationship issues get in between that is why I'm mad.

Elijah acts like he doesn't care about her, and I say 'act' because you don't just forget about someone you once had strong feelings for. I don't see her as a threat between me and Eli, I just find it ironic. The whole reason we stopped talking was because of him, and now I'm sitting in his lap.

"Whatever it is, you gon' be okay." He kissed both of my cheeks, and then all over my face. "But you still can't have this blunt." I pushed his head and got up to go get ready.

neisha
Yooo I'm at home , and not one of y'all is here.. I thought I said be here by 10. ITS 1 😑

sai
I'm literally otw sis

neisha
bree ?? ada ?? man y'all ain't SHIT

ada
everyone in this gc can suck my ass 🙂

bree
stfu 😂😂😂 a coming to get me

I plugged my phone in and got in the shower, hoping to rinse the smell of weed off my body.

I hope this wedding is going to bring us all back together, because right now everything is too awkward. I'm bored as hell kicking it by myself. Yeah Eli always keeping me company, but he got his own friends.

Honestly, I don't want him to think I'm annoying. So I been tryna chill out on everything. Maybe I'm doing too much, I don't know. I ain't really got no one to ask for advice, either. I'm not finna bother Neisha while she's getting ready for the biggest day of her life.

"You need me to drop you off?" He grabbed some things, letting me know he was about to go out too. "Nah. I got a ride."

He shrugged and kissed my forehead.

Five minutes into my nap, my phone started to ring. It was Ada, so I knew I had to go outside. I locked up his apartment and walked over to the car with the windows rolled down.

"Bro where have you been? It's like everyone is going ghost on me." She hugged me from the drivers seat. I strapped up, "When your ass learned how to drive?" She stepped hard on the pedal and pulled out of the complex.

"Hell no, hell NO. The fuck you doing?" We shared a laugh as she bobbed and weaved through different cars on the road. "Ain't no way you have a license."

"That's cause I don't." I shook my head. It's all fun and games until we get pulled over. "Okay forget about that... Who apartment I seen you walk out of?"

I didn't think about that. Why the hell would I get a ride from Eli's house? I should have just let him drop me off. "No one's. I was just in the area."

"Doing what?" She pressed the brakes hard and we jolted forward.

"Visiting a friend. And can you get us there in one fucking piece?" I gripped the roof handle and sighed.

"Mhm. Yeah, okay. Imma let you slide."

I know she don't believe me but I know she won't press for answers. The rest of the ride I just focused on enjoying today. More importantly, what was Sai gonna say when she saw me.

"Neisha calling me, can you answer real quick?" I took the phone off the dashboard and slid across the screen. I put it on speaker so we could both hear.

"Bitch before you even say something, we on our way." I rolled my eyes. I missed this girl so much. "Okay, well everyone is already here. Come on."

"Alright, mom." I clicked the red button and went back to talking with Ada.

"Wassup?"

I shrugged. Nothing and everything was bothering me. I don't know which part she wants to hear. "Huh?"

"Look like sumn' wrong with you." I started flipping through channels on the radio, trying to find something to fill the silence. "You avoiding my questions like I'm avoiding these cars." I chuckled.

"If it's about Sai..."

"What?"

She smacked, "Your ass so predictable, bruh. Tryna act all hard and shit just gave yourself away."

"We haven't spoke in a while. Is she still mad at me?" The car went back silent for a second. I knew I probably shouldn't have asked because that's her best friend and she will find out I'm speaking on her name. But Ada was never the type to get in between people.

"Nah you just stuck on it for no reason. Just chill mane. We all miss ya'," She tapped my shoulder. I hope that was really the case.

We entered Shawn and Neisha's place, and it was filled with other women who I assumed were Neisha's other friends. Neisha greeted us at the door and squeezed me tight. "You look good, boo. I'm glad you came," I smiled hard.

"Girl who all these people?" A eyed everyone in the room. I had never seen Neisha hang with any of these folks. They had a different aura as well. "They all ghetto fabulous... are you sure they posed to be here?" I asked. Neisha took a sip from the glass of champagne in her hand.

"These people apart of Shawn's family. I'm just tryna be nice, but they asses picky." She shook her head. "I'on know how Imma function if they still acting like this after we married."

Sai came from the kitchen holding some finger foods that were set out. The four of us stood closely together. "Y'all finally here. Bout damn time because these ole posh bitches trying me."

"I could feel them staring as soon as we walked in." Ada nodded in agreement.

"Nylah, dear. Would you come here for a second?" Neisha plastered a fake smile onto her face. "It's Neisha." She looked back at us and went to attend to her soon to be family in laws.

"Well, I'm finna go get something to eat." Ada gave me one last look, leaving Sai and I alone.

We both looked at each other; after all these months nothing had really changed. Sai was always petite, the only difference was she looked a tad smaller. After a while she looked down and I looked away. "So..."

"So." I knew what I wanted to say but I couldn't really say it. Somehow I started feeling bad for even wanting to go back to the way things were because I'm with Elijah now. "Come here." She pulled me in for a hug and I didn't object.

"I don't want to lose this friendship again." She nodded. Silly ass shit can really fuck with your head. But only if you let it.

"I ain't even mad at you. I honestly would have reacted the same."

"Nah that was my fault. Will you take me back?" I poked out my lip and laced my hands together.

"Of course, Bree."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.7K 3K 32
She didn't belong to him, and he didn't belong to her. But in that moment they felt everything was as it should be. When the sun rose, they would go...
20.2K 1.1K 60
Formerly known as "The Heartthrob Won't Leave Me Alone!" - "God Blake, you're a true enigma" Her eyes widened slightly at his words. "I don't underst...
143K 2K 10
She sacrificed her pain to erase the one she saw in him. When one night brings more than a single favour....and pleasure grows within painful circums...
70.1K 3.8K 93
Gracie cracks an unsolved math problem. The only catch is, she is an undergrad and found the problem while snooping around her dangerously hot profes...