Love Of My Life

By fallingheartsxx

[Completed - Ben Hardy] Aria Song Mercury came on as a favor to the set of Bohemian Rhapsody. What happens ne... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
Epilogue
Bonus Epilogue
Authors Note

50

3.4K 107 56
By fallingheartsxx

This is my 50th chapter (not including the intro). That's crazy. 

Thank you to everyone who likes this story :,) I'll tell you all a little about myself just as a little appreciation:

So I've always loved to write and I hope to become a published author one day. I've been writing fan fiction specifically since I was 13 and it ranged anywhere from One Direction to The Hunger Games lol I've always loved Queen and I look up to Freddie Mercury so much (I'm getting a Freddie tattoo Friday fun fact lol). After watching Bohemian Rhapsody I knew I wanted to write about it, partially to escape my life now because I suffer from depression/anxiety. My dad passed away a couple years ago so a lot of Aria's feelings about Freddie are actual feelings of me missing my dad. 

I didn't know what to expect when I started this story, but I didn't expect to have this much love and support. I love you all so much and I hope you love this story as much as I do xx 

...

Aria

Ever since the incident with the Cheryl actress, I've been in a mood. Like a really foul mood. And the sad part is I can't even really talk to Ben about it.

I've been talking to Lucy about it, and she feels the same with Rami. We express the same fears, and as much as I love her, I need someone who will tell me how it is. 

So I dial Tigerlily Taylor's number.

Tigerlily and I used to be a lot closer than we are now, but we reconnect every now and then. Originally it was her and I that were inseparable, but I grew closer to Rufus when we fell into the realm of music. Tigerlily went more in the direction of fashion. 

"Aria Song," Tigerlily says when she answers the phone. 

"Tigerlily," I say, feeling slightly awkward with calling her. I lay in my bed, under all the covers, avoiding all social interaction. As soon as we finished filming today, I came straight home. 

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" she asks. She doesn't sound sarcastic, but more shocked I even called. 

"I- I just-" I stutter, not knowing what to say. Like 'hey sorry we haven't talked in almost a year, can I ask for some advice?'. That wouldn't go over well. "Never mind, I shouldn't have called," 

"Oh stop, I know you called for something. What is it?" 

I sigh, my emotions all over the place. 

"I need advice," I say quietly. 

"What kind of advice?"

"Boy advice," 

It goes silent for a second. My nerves increase the longer I wait. 

"Are you at the mansion?" Tigerlily asks. 

"Yes," 

"I'll be there in 20," and then she hangs up. 

Waiting feels like forever. She arrives no more than 20 minutes later, but it feels like forever. 

I open the door as soon as she comes. She's dressed in a black long sleeved shirt, with cheetah print pants. Her blonde hair is thrown back into a pony tail. 

She immediately hugs me when she comes in. I awkwardly hug her back and then we both pull apart. 

"I wasn't expecting you to call, especially with being so busy with everything," Tigerlily says. She follows me as I go up to my bedroom, to crawl back under my covers again. 

"I didn't expect you to come over," I respond. She sits in the couch I have in my room, across from my bed. 

"Easier than talking over the phone. So tell me about this boy. I thought you were a lesbian?"

I roll my eyes. "I'm not. I dated Matthew and that other guy, Thomas," 

"Yeah forever ago, and both those relationships failed miserably,"

"Not my fault,"

"I never said it was," 

This conversation is frustrating me. I love Tigerlily, but she can be a little difficult sometimes. 

"So who is this boy? I know he's an actor but tell me about him," she continues. 

I sigh. "Well his name is Ben. He plays Roger Taylor-"

"I like him already," Tigerlily says, a grin on her face. "Sounds like a great guy,"

"Anyways, we've been dating for over three months. He's great, he really is. Everything I could have wanted,"

"There's a catch. Something's bothering you,"

"Well that's just it. He's perfect. And every girl thinks so too,"

A look of realization spreads across Tigerlily's features. "You're worried he's going to want someone else because he'll have his pick of the litter," she says for me. I nod. 

"It's only going to get worse. When the movie drops, I know there are going to be thousands and thousands of girls striving for a little bit of him,"

"Those are just fans, love,"

"No I get that, but he could have anyone. Literally anyone. I'm worried this jealous feeling I have is never going to go away and I don't know how to handle it. I don't want Ben to think I'm overly possessive, so I can't even talk to him," I explain. 

Tigerlily pauses, thinking of how to answer. 

"Aria Song, Ben could have anyone and he chose you. Right? If he wasn't sure then he wouldn't have asked you out in the first place. You know why you feel this way? Because you're in love and you haven't had a good relationship yet," she tells me. "He's lucky to have you. I mean you're Aria Song Mercury,"

"I want him to like me for me though, not my name," I say.

"But you're an amazing person. Hell I would date you," she laughs. "You don't give yourself enough credit. You're beautiful, smart and talented. You're just missing confidence," 

"Dad didn't leave me with his," I say, laughing darkly. 

"No, he did. You have it. But with his passing came anxiety and its overshadowing your confidence. It's buried in you, you just have to find it. Tell your anxiety to piss off,"

This is why I love Tigerlily. I need her as my life coach. 

"I don't know how to get my confidence back," I admit. 

Tigerlily leans forward in her seat and looks at me with a serious expression. 

"Fake it until you make it," she tells me. "You know what I do? I dress up in an outfit I feel good in, I do my makeup, and I go out like the bad bitch I am," we both laugh. "I'm serious, it works though,"

I have a couple nice outfits, but nothing really extravagant. 

"You know what you should do? Look at some of your dad's outfits and create the female version of them," Tigerlily suggests.

An interesting idea. I never thought of that. 

"I could do that," I say. I don't know how it'll help with Ben quite yet, but I could see how it would help my confidence. 

"I promise it'll work," 

I sigh after a moment of silence passes between us.

"I missed you," I tell her. 

"I missed you too," she responds. "We need to hang out more,"

"Oh defnitely,"

"We used to hang out so much. We need to go shopping and clubbing and traveling together. Remember how when we were little we wanted to go to Australia?"

I laugh, thinking about the memory. We were both so young when we planned that. 

"How could I forget?"

"We should still go. I got offered a modeling gig there recently. You should do it with me,"

A modeling gig? Modeling isn't really my thing. But maybe I could try it? It could be a fun trip on the other hand.

"Let me sleep on it," I say. I hope it's not just an empty offer. 

"We'll talk about it some more. I'll find out details. I haven't even accepted it myself yet. It would also be a good you and me time, like the old days,"

I smile. "It would be,"

Tigerlily and I spend the rest of the night talking about everything and nothing. She tells me all about her life and the modeling she's doing. I also find out she's taken up kickboxing. I then tell her about my new friends, and I can't help but swoon over Ben. I can't help it. 

Tigerlily eventually has to leave, but we promise to keep in better contact than we did before. It was definitely refreshing talking to her and I'm hoping we can get together soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 4.7K 36
"did i just catch you staring, sweetheart?" "no, you're seeing things." or something about her intrigued him. although she appeared normal, she was...
16K 747 98
When Joe ends up in the hospital, Ben finds out that he has feelings for his best friend and fellow actor. Will he ever tell Joe? And what if an old...
17.3K 562 25
EDIT 3 YEARS LATER-: i am so sorry this sucks so bad i was like 14 when i wrote it x Harley had always been happy, how couldn't she be? She made a la...
6K 101 45
ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʀɪᴇᴅ, ɪ'ᴅ ᴡɪᴘᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀꜱ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ꜱᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ, ɪ'ᴅ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴇᴀʀꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ʜᴇʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇꜱᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ ᴀ...