Unwritten (Summer Of Taking C...

By infinityh16

Dominique fell asleep after drowning her grief with bottles of beer. When she woke up a surprising news greet... More

PROLOGUE
Last Memory
Forgotten
Resume
Max
The Painting
Secret Love
Ferry
Out of Town
The Truth
Avoidance
Shattered Dreams
Hope
The Photo
Space
Daniel
Date Night
Physical Intimacy
Unattainable
Vincent
Dream or Memory?
Worth It
Vanessa
Sweet Creature
Kiss
Sick
Investment & Custody Battle
Overnight
Kidnapped
Unwritten
Almost
The Cure
A New Day
Yearning
The Property
God Killer
Arwen ❤ Diana
Avalanche
Diaries
Dishonesty
Birthday
Firework
Cube Ring
Home
EPILOGUE

Tattoo

4.2K 218 30
By infinityh16

7

DOMINIQUE

Dominique was shocked when she saw a tattoo on her right shoulder blade. She just had her shower. It was after wrapping a towel around her body and was about to exit the bathroom when she caught her reflection on the mirror. Noong una, akala nya may dumi sa likod nya but when she looked carefully, it was indeed a two inch tattoo! She had herself tattooed with what looked like a dragon eating its tail. What was it called? Ouroboros?

Ano ba ang pinaggagagawa nya in the last three years? Had she gone wild? Nabaliw ba sya sa pagkabigo nya sa pag-ibig at kung anu-anong naisip nyang gawin? Though, the tattoo looked cool and beautiful, hindi pa rin sya makapaniwalang nagawa nya iyon. The tattoo was a symbol of infinity. Anong ibig sabihin nun sa kanya? Infinite loneliness? Never ending sadness? It must meant something important to have herself inked. Good thing she didn't find her head shaved when she woke up in the hospital.

It was already a week after she got discharged out of the hospital. Oras na para malaman nya kung anong mga nangyari sa kanya in the last three years. She was still hoping to get her memory back without anyone telling her but she's dying out of curiosity. The tattoo triggered it.

After getting changed into her Minnie Mouse pajama, she sat on her study table and unlocked her drawer where she kept her diaries. She started writing them after attempting suicide. Instead of seeing a psychologist, she chose to pour her heart out on her diary. So if she continued to do so, she must have written the last three years of her life.

She found her diaries. But wait? She only had 2015 and 2016 diaries. Where's the 2017 and 2018? She checked her other drawers but she didn't find anymore diaries. She looked everywhere in her room but found nothing until she saw a large silver safety deposit box hidden in her closet. But what's the combination? Dominique tried her birthday. It didn't work. She tried all of her family members' birthday but it remained locked. She tried all of the possible number combinations she could think of but the box remained unopened.

Dominique sighed in frustration and left the box alone. She's unsure if the two missing diaries were there anyway. Or there's a possibility she stopped writing them. Maybe she got busy at work and didn't have time for it? But what was inside the box? She'd just get back to it later. Hoping she might figure out the combination or better yet, get back all her memories.

She took the two diaries with her on bed and started reading her 2015 entries. According to her diary, after her Sagada trip, she really did go on retail therapy. She bought all of the clothes and shoes she wanted. She disposed all of her boring and conservative outfit and replaced them with sexy but classy ones. Dominique was surprised and delighted when she entered her walk in closet the first night she got home from hospital and saw all of those beautiful designer dresses, shoes and bags. She was amused when she noticed several Disney and Looney toons pajamas and there was one Marvin the Martian t-shirt too. They were so cute but still wondered why she bought them.

There was nothing significant and eventful that happened to Dominique in 2015. As usual, work-bahay lang ang drama nya. Paminsan-minsan syang kumakain sa labas with Kristine and Mary after work or during the weekends. Most of her entries were about Marcus and how she was still hurting. She once saw him with Lindsey while shopping with Kristine. It was very awkward and Kristine had to pull her away from them because she was rooted on the spot staring at them. She cried when she got home after that.

Dominique was proud of herself because she tried to be strong especially when she heard that Lindsey was pregnant. It was painful and it felt like another piece of her heart broke. That should have been her if Lindsey didn't steal her dream and the man she loved. She cried several days after that but thanks to Mary and Kristine, they were there for her. Although she never talked about it, at least she had company and friends.

She dedicated herself to Encina Corporation as Human Resource Director. Dominique enjoyed working with people and thought of many ways to make their employees happy. As the British Billionaire and Business magnate Richard Branson said, "Take care of your employees and they will take care of your business. It's as simple as that." She supported her mother, who was the Senior Vice President for Human Resources and together they helped the company grow more and expand. Encina Corporation won Employer of the Year for 2015.

Before 2015 ended, Dominique noticed there weren't many entries about Marcus, Lindsey or her heartbreak. She was still lonely but she had a purpose. She was proud of her achievements. Dominique proved that she was more than just a beautiful face.

Nothing extraordinary happened in 2016 except Encina Corporation won Employer of the Year again. She didn't write much.She spent most of her time at the office and went on occasional drinks with Mary and Kristine. She went to Hong Kong with her parents that year for a week to visit and spend time with Devon. She didn't date anyone, although a lot of guys asked her out. There was an entry where she saw Marcus again but didn't feel the same love she had for him. According to what she wrote, she already accepted that they were not meant to be. She was still sad of course, and wasn't ready to date yet nor enter another relationship but she was doing okay. She was no longer consumed with hatred.

Dominique didn't see Pris, Jessica nor Athena's name. But then she remembered, she didn't meet them until 2017. Huminto ba syang magsulat ng diary? O baka itinago nya sa safety deposit box? Bakit naman nya itatago doon? Para mas secure? Ganun ba ka-importante ang laman ng diary para i-secure nya ito?

Curious din sya kung bakit may drone sya sa kwarto at nilagay pa sa glass case. She asked Devon and her mother about it but they had no idea why. Would Kristine and Mary know?And what's so special about the meadow that it made her paint again?

She felt relieved though after reading her two diaries. Dominique didn't do anything crazy or something she would regret. What about the tattoo on her back? What made her do it? It was out of character.

Dominique's eyes felt heavy. When she looked at her wall clock, it was already 3am. No wonder why she's sleepy. She put the diaries back into her drawer and went to sleep.

When she woke up, Pris was smiling at her. She was sitting comfortably on her bed. Nakasandal ito sa head board ng kama nya at natutulog sa kandungan nya si Max.

"Good morning, sleepyhead!" Bati nito. "Good afternoon na pala." Tumingin ito sa wrist watch nito. "It's 2:30 in the afternoon. Want to grab late lunch with me?"

"What are you doing here?" For some reason nakaramdam ng pagkairita si Dominique dito.

"Someone is grumpy," Pris said still smiling.

"I'd appreciate it if you don't enter my room unannounced," inis pa rin nyang sabi saka umupo sa kama. "Sana marunong ka ring kumatok."

"You didn't mind before. You even gave me your room key so I don't have to knock and wake you up in case you are still sleeping," pagdadahilan nito.

"Well, I lost my memory remember!?You are still a stranger to me!" Tinapunan nya ito ng iritableng tingin. Pris' smile vanished when she realized Dominique's serious. Nabigla ito sa reaksyon nya at medyo nasaktan.

"I guess you are not in the mood. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed, literally," Pris said and carefully lifted the sleeping cat and gently put him on the bed. Tumayo ito at inilabas sa bulsa ang susi ng kwarto ni Dominique. "I'm giving it back to you." Saka nito pinatong ang susi sa bed side table. Pris looked at her apologetically, her eyes a little sad. "Pasensya ka na. I forgot that you don't remember me. I'm sorry for ruining your day."

Dominique suddenly felt guilty when Pris left the room. Hindi nya maintindihan ang sarili pagdating kay Pris. Minsan hindi sya kumportable dito. Naiilang sya kapag umaakto itong close sila. Well, they were best friends according to Pris kaya natural na ganun ang asta nito around her but sometimes Dominique wanted to push her away. Other times, she liked being around her.

Pris could easily make her laugh. How could she be comfortable and uncomfortable with Pris? She also felt nervous and afraid when she's around. Pris had been stirring different emotions inside her. At hindi nya maintindihan kung bakit.

Araw-araw syang pinupuntahan ni Pris kahit nakalabas na sya ng hospital. Kita ni Dominique na close ito sa pamilya nya kahit sa Papa nya. Magiliw sa kanya ang mga ito. Pris sometimes would drop by to eat breakfast or dinner with them. She'd stay for few hours watching DVDs with Dominique or they'd read book in silence.

Dominique sensed something was off with Pris. Alam nyang hindi ito masamang tao pero parang may itinatago ito sa kanya. Minsan nahuhuli nya itong mataman na nakatingin sa kanya. Every now and then, Pris would throw her longing looks. She caught her once staring at her with full of love in her eyes. Dominique didn't want to assume, but it did cross her mind that Pris might have feelings for her. That she might be in love with her.

Was she being judgmental? Naninibago lang siguro sya sa pakikitungo nito dahil hindi sya ganito tratuhin ng mga dati nyang kaibigan like Lindsey. But then again, her ex best friend betrayed her so it wasn't right to compare Pris with her. Maybe Pris was just being sweet. Maybe that was the reason why they became best friends because she was different. However, there's still that nagging feeling that Pris was being untruthful.

Biglang tumayo sa kama si Dominique at nagmadaling lumabas ng kwarto para habulin si Pris. Because despite her uncertainty, for unfathomable reason she's drawn towards her. Pasakay na sa kotse nito si Pris nang maabutan nya.

"Pris, Wait!"

Isinara nito ang pinto ng kotse at hinintay syang makalapit. Nagtataka itong nakatingin sa kanya.

"I'm sorry. Hindi ko sinasadyang sungitan ka. It's just that I'm so frustrated for not being able to remember," Dominique explained. Hindi nagsalita si Pris. Pinagmasdan lang sya nito. Dominique couldn't tell what Pris was thinking because she remained poker faced. "I'd like to have late lunch with you."

"I'm no longer interested," Pris said coldly. Medyo nadismaya si Dominique. She couldn't blame her. Pris gave her a piercing stare then broke into a smile. "Kidding!"

"You're mean." Dominique pouted but relieved. Akala nya nagalit na ito. "Let's go?" Sasakay na sana sya nang nakita nyang tatawa-tawa si Pris. "What?"

"You're cute," Pris was amused.

Napakunot ang noo ni Dominique. Niloloko na naman ba sya nito?"What's your problem?"

"You're going out on your Minnie Mouse jammies?" Pris pointed out. "And without taking a shower? Not to mention you haven't brushed your teeth yet. That's gross."

Namula si Dominique nang ma-realize na nakasuot pa sya ng pajama at hindi pa nya nagagawa ang mga sinabi nito. Naconcious tuloy sya. Ni hindi rin sya nagsuklay bago lumabas. "Um...I'll just take a shower and get dress quickly." Tinalikuran na nya ito para bumalik sa bahay. She heard Pris laughed and it made Dominique smile.    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

422K 6.1K 24
Dice and Madisson
7.8M 230K 55
Rogue Saavedra, the arrogant city's young billionaire, becomes stranded on an unknown island. There he meets an illiterate jungle woman, Jane, who is...
Trapped By Unavailable

Mystery / Thriller

67.6K 3.8K 37
"If being in hell is the only way to be with her, then I am pleasure to suffer hell every single day." -Police Officer Allison Harwell Allison Harwel...
156K 6.8K 53
To say that fate has a strange way of bringing two different lone souls together is an understatement. Ang paraan niya ay nakakapagtaka, napapatanong...