FORTÉ!TK

By SATINTAE

▏taehyung does a lot of things in his junior year of high school. he plays cello, maintains his godly visuals... More

0/FORTÉ.
I/GRAPE SODA.
II/COME MY WAY.
III/CONFIDENT.
IV/MO BAMBA.
V/MEANINGLESS.
VI/IT'S YOU.
VII/ACTION.
VIII/LUCKY STRIKE.
X/IFFY.
XI/NOBODY COMPARES.
XII/DALLY.
XIII/FEELS RIGHT.
XIV/SIGNAL.
XV/EASY LOVE.
XVI/OFFICIAL.
XVII/YOUR EYES.
XVIII/EMERALD.
XIX/SINGLE DOG.
XX/JUPITER.

IX/PROMISES.

4.1K 287 213
By SATINTAE

009 :* PROMISES
taehyung is a little iffy when jimin unhelpfully points out that he's been acting more blushy lately. blushy? taehyung? never! in other news, jeongguk is practically everywhere.

{⋅. ♪ .⋅}

CHERRY blossom petals are scattered everywhere throughout the school. the floors, the windows, the parking lot, the stairs - fuck, even the bathrooms. taehyung firmly believes that this must be a safety hazard in some way. he's complained to like, everyone! who is THAT excited about school events? but the freshman are simply obsessed with the upcoming blossom ball. pff.

school! dances! are! not! that! deep!

daniel and seongwoo insist that he's just mad he doesn't have a date. that's not true at all! taehyung is definitely gonna have a date, and he's not jealous at all. of any couples. yup.

"hyung, they're just turnt! it's a flower-themed event with music and food, we can't blame 14-year-olds for wanting to make out at 8pm in a corner!" younghoon defends, soothingly rubbing taehyung's back.

the older sighs in defeat.

it's thursday morning, and taehyung has received several text messages over the past few hours containing a picture of himself curled up in jeongguk's embrace on a beanbag. (no thanks to an asshole passerby named park jimin, aka, a little BITCH)

     which is kind of – you know – BAD. it's jeon jeongguk, cuddling with kim taehyung! and it's not because they're both boys, (everyone is a little gay inside) it's because jeongguk is an emo, hot basketball jock, and taehyung is a hotter, more average kind of guy!

     "it's not even bad!" jimin rolled his eyes into oblivion when he opened a snapchat of taehyung fake crying that morning.

     "why would you be worrying about a picture of a hot guy's arms around you! if i were you, i'd be SPREADING that photo. y'all are cute though."

     yeah, well, that's because jimin is a slut for attention! we all knew that! taehyung received a few smacks the next morning for that comment.

oh well. it's not like he lied.

     younghoon looks better than usual today, in a black and orange bomber jacket that accentuated his broad shoulders. was it a little homosexual of taehyung to ogle one of his best friends? sure! but the purpose of critics is to observe and evaluate.

"stand up straight, your jawline looks hotter if your posture is nice, and you'll impress whoever you're hoping to look good for today."

     without missing a beat, younghoon turned to taehyung with a lazy grin. "and who says i'm trying to impress someone, hm?" taehyung scoffs.

"obviously, it's someone! kim younghoon, i've been your friend for, remind me again, how long? oh, ten years? i think i know your habits pretty well by now."

     his hand snaked its way around taehyung's slim waist, pulling him closer to the younger.

     "you're absolutely right." younghoon chuckles at the surprised squeak that pops out of taehyung's mouth. "but how do you know i'm not trying to impress you?"

"because if it was, you would've asked me out already. and you probably would've had voyeuristic bathroom sex with me by now."

     "good point." taehyung pretends to look out the window to hide his smile. younghoon was just a dumbass, but something is definitely up. oh well. he can worry about that later.

     what taehyung needs to worry about, is inconveniently standing right next to his locker. stupid locker. he's actually never had an issue with his locker for the past 2 years of high school, so why now?

     sure, the occasional locker jam. the rare case of an annoying locker buddy. but this year, he lucked out. his locker, #325, was beautifully placed next to a sophomore, jaemin.

na jaemin was a hot piece of ass, but a NICE hot piece of ass! (the best kind) he was the type of guy to compliment you every morning. happy! cute! has fluffy pink hair and a preppy fashion taste! basically the whole package.

but he wasn't into him, no, not at all! don't get him wrong, jaemin was great. it's because jaemin was already happily taken by an equally cute guy in taehyung's grade.

what was his name again? mork? minhyung?
ah, well, something like that.

     the point is that it's a universal fact that nice guys are automatically hotter. moving on, the problem isn't jaemin. it's the fuck standing next to him.

jeongguk looks unrighteously good today (as always), in a stone blue button-up shirt and a pair of black puma joggers that didn't match at all. how does that even work? what's with the obsession of button-up shirts?

whatever. he looked hot anyway. taehyung's not gonna try to deny it this time, because anyone who can pull off THAT outfit must be hot.

since taehyung is a pussy, he turns to younghoon and asks him to accompany him to his locker. he needs a little moral support sometimes, ok! it's not weird.

"me? i thought you hate when i cling to you?" taehyung takes a deep breath and looks straight up at younghoon with a pleading expression. "please?"

he's met with that obnoxiously cocky trademark younghoon smirk, and that's when taehyung knows that he's on his own for this one.

"thanks, you abominable shit goblin. i hope you trip and attain a mildly painful injury." younghoon's eyes twinkle he whispers back, "happy to help!" and pats the curve of taehyung's ass before leaving.

okay. he can do this. taehyung can definitely walk up to his own locker, smile at jaemin, ignore jeongguk, and get his stuff, right? it really shouldn't be too hard.

mustering up the slim amount of courage he has, taehyung marches in the direction of the two guys as casually as he possibly can. oh yeah.

jaemin greets him with a sunny-streaked smile as soon as he steps into view. which is pretty sweet, so taehyung does his best to say hi back without glancing at the expecting male next to him.

you're probably wondering; why all the fuss about avoiding jeongguk?

SIMPLE.

because taehyung has willingly and enthusiastically cuddled with the man, wrote a love letter, brought him over to his house, and more! his pride has been damaged enough, and it's simply way too desperate of him to cling to jeongguk at school.

jimin thinks he's being ridiculous.

     why are you afraid to stand out more, why are you holding back from expressing your feelings! well, that answer is simple too.

     it's 'cause taehyung isn't very smart, romantic-wise. but we all knew that. the conflicted junior tries his very best to ignore the grin plastered on jeongguk's handsome features, but ends up failing pretty quickly.

taehyung can feel a simpering blush creep up his neck when his stare is caught by the other. he grabs a textbook he doesn't even need for his next class, and gets the fuck out of there. mission abort. mission failed.

     this high school shit is hard.
and taehyung's life is like, ten times harder than cutesy lara jean's life! however, jimin claims that the only hard thing about taehyung's life is his dick, from being too much of a pussy to talk to jeon jeongguk.

he may have somewhat of a point.

-

     there's been an abundance of weird things happening to him lately, and taehyung blames jeongguk. and a little bit of jimin, he supposes. taehyung never wants to see those two team up.

      for example, lunch. all he really asked for in life was to eat the cheesecake flavored-yogurt his mom packed the night before, and have a good ass time.

     instead, he's brutally tortured by his peers. unsurprisingly.

     "taehyung-sunbae!" a higher-pitched voice calls out RIGHT as he opens his yogurt. what now? taehyung reluctantly searches around the cafeteria to find who called for him, catching a glimpse of jeongguk and his table looking around too.

     as soon as he locks onto the girl that said his name, his eyes widen. so does jimin's sinister smile. "i heard from bridget that you were TOTALLY staring at jeongguk's back muscles in biology today! go GET him, tiger!" the loudest girl in the grade, or ahn hani, shouted from across the lunch line.

taehyung can barely feel himself blush a warm peachy pink over jimin's guffaws. why was he best friends with jimin? this is some kind of blatant hate crime, considering the look of absolute entertainment on his face.

fucking hani - no wait, fucking BRIDGET.
actually, fucking both of them!

he doesn't even WANT to know what jeongguk's expression looks like right now, but of course, he meets eyes with the other right after hani runs off with her giggly sophomore friends. gguk's friends are all smiling knowingly, a few howling in laughter and a few of his closer friends smiling at taehyung, almost... like they know something he doesn't.

     and of course, jeongguk is smirking that stupid smirk of his. taehyung would like to wipe it away with his fist. or his lips. wait, no. not his lips! that's homosexual. "taehyung, you're literally homosexual? lmao? wait, fuck, why did i say lmao? you're tainting my innocent mind, you whore." jimin whispered from behind taehyung.

     "but, wait, wait, wait, huh? how'd you know what i was thinking–"

"i'm jimin. i know everything."

     "that's extremely debatable, and i'm assuming you knew because i most likely said it out loud. anyway, just because i'm homosexual, doesn't mean i can thirst after every guy i see! i have a set of standards, you know!"

"okay, but you don't have to worry about your standards right now. what you should worry about, is your man gguk coming over here to talk to you. which he is! yay!"

     fuck! this is NOT "yay!", this is pretty bad, taehyung thinks. he also thinks about the pink tinge on his cheeks, so he pats his heated skin in an attempt to make it go away. it doesn't work very well.

"so... you think my back is sexy?" jeongguk's annoyingly calm, smooth voice twirls taehyung around, and all of a sudden, he's looking up to the other with an angry pout.

"at what point did i say your back was sexy, jeon?" he snaps back, unwilling to let the other win for what seems like the millionth time. the sound of whoops draw taehyung's eyes beyond the other's veritably captivating shoulder, to jeongguk's very excited table of friends. high school boys were something else.

and yes, he admits it! bridget mendler wasn't seeing things when she caught taehyung's wandering eyes directed towards a very firm back in biology today. but look, can you really blame him? that shit is so plainly defined, the sculpted muscle perfectly outlined beneath a cotton shirt? yum!

sign taehyung up for that shit.

     by the time taehyung realizes he's been spaced out for at least thirty seconds, jeongguk is 2 inches closer than before. and still smirking. "w-what?" he stammers, flickering his gaze between sicheng whooping and jeongguk's eyes.

jeongguk's smile is stretched so wide taehyung can see the indents in his cheek and the slight bunny teeth resemblance.

"i actually said something taehyung, but you were too busy staring at me. am i really not sexy? the way you look at me says otherwise."

goddammit.

he can't really recall anything else after that other than how jeongguk mouthed "see you tonight!" with a wink before he walked away. and maybe taehyung stared at his retreating figure a little too long.

wait, 'see you tonight'?
what is THAT supposed to mean?

{⋅. ♪ .⋅}

did i really make bridget mendler
a side character in this? yea
sooo maybe half of this story is me describing taehyung describing how hot jeongguk is lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

373K 22.3K 80
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
109K 3.4K 78
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...
219K 9.1K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
899K 55.1K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...