Neverland - Peter Pan - OUAT...

By PeterPanGlader

I don't know why I said it, the words being unfamiliar and deep within the depths of my conscious... two litt... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Arrival
Chapter 2 - Dead Forest
Chapter 3 - Unpleasant Encounter
Chapter 4 - Answers
Chapter 5 - A New Outlook
Character List
Chapter 6 - Unexpected Upcoming
Chapter 7 - Initiation
Chapter 8 - A Fresh Start
Chapter 9 - Sides
Chapter 10 - Opportunities
Chapter 11 - A Leap of Faith
Chapter 12 - The Scheme
Chapter 13 - Waterlogged
Chapter 14 - Payback
Chapter 15 - Sweet Revenge and Bitter Regrets
Chapter 16 - Motives
Chapter 17 - Ghost hunt
Chapter 18 - Survive
Chapter 19 - Walking on Clouds
Chapter 20 - Taken
Chapter 21 - Peril
Chapter 22 - Accepted
Chapter 24 - Betrayal
Chapter 25 - Legend
Chapter 26 - Home
Chapter 27 - Encounters
Chapter 28 - Deprivation
Chapter 29 - Training
Chapter 30 - Awakening
Chapter 31 - Revelation
Chapter 32 - Fall
Chapter 33 - Uncover
Chapter 34 - In Search of the Redhead
Chapter 35 - Set up
Chapter 36 - Disaster
Chapter 37 - Destruction
Chapter 38 - Parallax
Chapter 39 - Unnatural
Chapter 40 - The Hunt Feat. Regret
Chapter 41 - Mercy
Chapter 42 - A Hint of Rain

Chapter 23 - Conflict

184 12 31
By PeterPanGlader

Waking up with the sun, we rose stiff and sleepy from the late night. We were told our detour would take us to a lazy river that contained shale which we would gather to make arrow tips from. Spending most of the day gathering shale, we would make it to the tree before evening.

We rolled up our mats and put out the glowing coals of the fire before setting out. It wasn't long before we came upon the banks of a peaceful looking river and set to work. Each boy produced a smaller bag from inside their satchel and began filling them with arrow tip sized shale from the banks.

I ventured out into the water and gathered, the cool liquid washing some of the mud from my boots. I still reeked of decaying swamp matter, which only seemed to have gotten worse during the night. My scalp itched irritatingly as well as the skin beneath my mud dried cloths.

I sensed a presence close behind and turned, surprised to see Felix staring directly at me. He had only spoken to me a handful of times and very briefly at that. His hood was down, blond hair and scar visible for all to see, as well as the nasty looking club that rested lazily over his right shoulder.

"Pan wants you to go downstream to bathe." He regarded me apathetically as he spoke, but gave an unfriendly smile as he added, "He says you need it. You stink."

I returned the cold stare, throwing my bag of shale onto the bank without taking my eyes from his. Then, turning my back on him, I walked downstream, deliberately taking my sweet time. It wasn't that I didn't want to bathe, in fact my body desperately screamed to be clean. But I didn't like Felix, there was something about him that made me uncomfortable, more than just his bad attitude. So, I was determined to show him that he didn't own me.

I walked on a safe distance from the others and then some, not wanting anyone to stumble upon me unintentionally or intentionally for that matter. I came upon a bulge in the river, where a partial natural dam had formed, causing the water to slowly filter through. A perfect spot to wade in and bathe, especially for someone who didn't do so well with strong currents.

I was about to wade in when I paused and thought better of it. I turned around and scaled the nearest tree with ease, and perched on a branch high above, shielded by leaves from the ground below. I wasn't sure how long I waited but it was long enough for my mind to start telling me I was paranoid and to climb out of the tree and just bathe.

Just as I was about to descend, noisy footsteps tapped at my eardrums followed shortly by a figure stepping into view below me. I couldn't quite tell who it was between all the leaves but saw him crouch just under the tree I was perched in and look out over the water.

Brown locks... not enough to go on. I leaned over the branch for a closer look and my mouth twisted in disgust. Byron. The perverted peeping tom was crouched behind a bush right underneath my tree scanning the bulge in the river.

After a few moments he got up and trotted on downstream. I waited what seemed about ten minutes before I heard him tromp back through the woods, a disappointed look on his face as he went back upstream towards the others.

I waited another five or so minutes before inching down the tree and walking back up to the river. My caution had paid off. I just hoped he wouldn't return.

I let the cool water at the river's edge lap gently over my boots, watching as they went from a cloudy brown to an almost black appearance as they were washed clean.

I waded in up to my waist, then my chest, then neck. Taking a deep breath, I dropped beneath the surface. It was slightly cold, but not unbearable. I peeled off my corset and watched as a cloud of muddy water rose from between my blouse and the inside of the corset. How exactly was mud capable of squeezing itself between every available crack and surface?

After a good amount of scrubbing on my part I realized that I wouldn't be able to make much progress unless I could strip and get the mud out from underneath my cloths. But that wasn't an option. I wasn't about to let myself become that vulnerable to any prying eyes that may be watching.

I compromised by taking off only my tight leather pants, shoes and corset, leaving me in my long, thin white undershirt that covered most of my body. My underwear would never leave my body...probably for as long as I was here.

Recalling too many unpleasant cinematic scenarios where a bathing person's cloths are stolen, I opted for crossing the river and hiding my cloths behind some rocks for safe keeping as well as to dry. This was only after struggling to tie the loose cloths around my ankles in the water, in an attempt to keep them close by while I bathed, failed to work.

I gathered a few large leaves before jumping back into the water and scrubbing my body thoroughly with the foliage. Maneuvering my shirt around, I was able to clean myself sufficiently without taking it off.

I kept alert and vigilant, scanning my surroundings often. At one point I couldn't shake the feeling someone was watching me. I paused for a moment, examining the brush around the river carefully and saw nothing. It didn't take long for the feeling to dissipate as I told myself to relax.

Then I took on the massive project that was my hair. I spent a good ten minutes working through the tangles before I was satisfied with the shiny black waves between my fingers. I started to scrub the leaves over my face, relaxing as I felt the dead skin and dirt wash away.

There was a splash behind me, and I turned, alarmed and tried to blink the water from my eyes. Before I could react, a rough hand clamped around my wrist and hauled me upwards. I yelped, clawing at the fingers around my arm, struggling to break free as I was dragged towards the bank.

Another hand grabbed my other wrist and I blinked through the water streaming down my face registering the blurry image of Nate staring malevolently back at me. I let out a frustrated shriek, spitting at his face and lashing out with my legs.

He only lifted my higher, my feet just barely skimming the surface of the river. Tears sprang to my eyes as he clamped down harder on my wrists.

"You're becoming more of a problem, darling." He seethed, bringing his face close to mine.

I wanted to head butt him, to bite him, to kick him as hard as I could, but my arms guarded his face as he held them in front of me, and I couldn't get enough momentum for my legs to do any damage. I hung limp, helpless in his grasp, rage slowly giving way to fear.

"It doesn't matter if you jumped off a cliff, got some bloody moss or a new name. I don't care what Pan says, you're nothing and you will never be one of us." He spat.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I choked out, tears slipping silently down my cheeks.

He managed to grab both my wrists with one hand and wrapped the other around my throat.

"Girls don't belong on Neverland, especially not a pathetic little wimp like you." His fingers closed ever tighter around my throat as he started to lower my body towards the water. Panic started to set in, and I didn't notice the figure creeping up behind Nate until he was on top of us.

A sickening crack split the air and Nate's head jerked to the right, his body following immediately after, taking me down with him. We splashed into knee deep water, and I yanked free, scrambling backwards.

"You know, you got a real problem, picking on people smaller than you, you misogynistic creep." Will said, throwing the large branch, he used to hit Nate's head with, angrily to the ground.

Nate was on his hands and knees, holding the side of his head with one hand, breathing heavily.

"You'll regret that." Nate spat a glob of read saliva into the water beneath him.

"You were just planning to drown her, is that it? No one would be the wiser?" Will's gaze was like fire, his eyes burned with disgust and anger at the boy in the water a few feet from him.

Nate got slowly to his feet and turned his full attention on the dark-haired boy in front of him.

"Are you okay?" Will's voice softened as the question was directed towards me, but he didn't take his eyes from Nate.

I nodded slowly and managed a muted affirmative.

"You have gotten in my way for the last time.... William." Nate used the name as if it was a curse and Will reacted instantly.

The boys threw themselves at each other, fighting to remain on top. I stood helpless, waist deep in water, unsure of what to do or how to aid in the situation. Fists flew mercilessly. They were evenly matched as far as I could tell, Nate given only a slight advantage at a year old than Will.

As I struggled to respond to the fight in front of me, a figure broke from the tree line, marching straight up to the flailing boys. I threw an arm up to block the gust of air that flew into my face as a pulse was sent between the boys, knocking them several feet in either direction.

Pan stood in the center of where the tangle had been; on the bank, directly in front of me. I shuffled my feet in the water, painfully aware of the hem of my shirt floating loosely around my thighs. Anger burned in his retinas, a sight that struck fear into my soul, turning my heart cold.

"Go get dressed." He barked.

I brought my arms up to shield body as best I could and scuffled backwards. Pan's eyes flicked to my wrists and his expression softened a little.

"Go." He said with just as much insistence, but a gentler tone.

I turned and swam, looking down at my forearms to see what had caused his leniency. There were dark bruises already forming on my wrists, courtesy of Nate. I listened to the authoritative voice behind me, now addressing the other two.

"What did I say about handling my Lost Girl, Nate?" His tone was low and dangerous. I could almost see the heart stopping death glare Nate was almost assuredly receiving at this moment. I crossed the middle of the river, paddling awkwardly and continued to listen.

Pan was barking orders, something about them better not showing up to camp until they had filled five bags full of shale each. I reached the other bank and turned to see the boys disappearing through the trees, Pan staring unashamedly at me, making no attempt to avert his eyes as I stared back at him.

Realizing he had no intention of turning away, I pulled down the hem of my shirt as far as I could and dashed from the water and behind the rocks where I had stored the rest of my cloths, all the while, feeling cold eyes watching my every move.

I dressed quickly, trying to keep calm and register all that just happened. Pan had a soft side.... the way he had seen my pain and responded. But remembering the anger in his eyes made me shiver. I walked across the partial dam and up to the waiting figure on the far bank.

He stared down at me with a curious look, remnants of a temper just visible in his gaze as his eyes scanned my body. I looked down at myself, realizing that this was probably the first time he had seen me clean since the first day I arrived.

A hand grabbed my wrist and I winced, but he didn't let go. Instead, he turned and dragged me behind him at a quick pace into the forest. 

What is Pan up to? Do you think he's falling for Rayvn? Any predictions for what's coming next?  "Tune in next week to find out!" (≧▽≦)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

786K 20.8K 22
(Book 1 - Peter Pan x Reader) After losing everything, (Y/N) finds her self being taken by a shadow to an island. Whist she's on this island she meet...
2.3K 133 31
Peter Pan wakes up in the real world without his memories, magic, or lost boys. He meets a girl that he falls in love with, oblivious to who he real...
425K 12.1K 89
Peter Pan never thought he'd do anything selfless. He never thought he'd want to die. He never thought he'd be able to love. He never thought he'd se...
40.5K 1.1K 63
"Everyone thinks they know my story, the story of Peter Pan and Wendy Darling. The story of a nice little girl, who lives in a nice house, with two n...